Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,720 members, 7,802,174 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:28 AM

I'm Worried, I Finally Graduated With 2:2, Any Advice For Me? - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / I'm Worried, I Finally Graduated With 2:2, Any Advice For Me? (28669 Views)

I Finally Graduated From The University / Nekede Poly Furious With Lady Claiming She Graduated With God Help, Private Part / I Finally Graduated After 9years. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I'm Worried, I Finally Graduated With 2:2, Any Advice For Me? by OBTMOS(m): 6:33pm On Mar 14, 2018
Nigga u just have to move on. I made a 3.45 cgpa which is a 2.2. Just five point to make it 2.1. I didn't have any carry over through my stay in school. I was given 'c' in my project which dropped my grade. When I asked my supervisor why I was given 'c', he told me he awarded me with 'b' but the department reduced it and they was nothing anybody would do about it. Now the reason for this was that, I am an Idoma and my department was dominated by Tiv and so they said they can't give more than two idoma 2.1. I was mad and I thought I have failed, but i still thank God. Many had third class, some were withdrawn but I still have something to show. It was really had for at that time but its reality. Just a couple of time you will be fine

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I'm Worried, I Finally Graduated With 2:2, Any Advice For Me? by Nobody: 6:33pm On Mar 14, 2018
aktem:
My result dropped seriously when i was in 200l and i have been making frantic effort to increase my cgpa since then..although it was increasing but at a very slow rate...@500l,i was close to 2:1 so i tried all my possible best,read as much as i can,hoping i can move to 2:1.
I went to check my final result during clearance few days ago and i realize i finally graduated with 2:2.i have not been happy since then,a lot of thought going through my mind.Thinking about labor market and how i am going to cope,i'm really perplexed.

Any advise for me?i graduated from mechanical engineering dept.

Don't let 2.2 define you

You know what you have upstairs.
Upgrade your skills, get information

And you will employ 1st class to work for u

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm Worried, I Finally Graduated With 2:2, Any Advice For Me? by RexEmmyGee: 6:33pm On Mar 14, 2018
Shey Dangote, Mark, Adenuga, Even Seun graduated with 1st class??

Work on yourself bro. Though most job in Nigeria requires a minimum of 2.1

That can't stop you from achieving your dreams.

3 Likes

Re: I'm Worried, I Finally Graduated With 2:2, Any Advice For Me? by MichaelSokoto(m): 6:34pm On Mar 14, 2018
buy sniper naah!

1 Like

Re: I'm Worried, I Finally Graduated With 2:2, Any Advice For Me? by RexTramadol1: 6:35pm On Mar 14, 2018
This one is strong

You don't have to look down on yourself

Grade is not common sense.
Re: I'm Worried, I Finally Graduated With 2:2, Any Advice For Me? by HerXLNC(f): 6:36pm On Mar 14, 2018
Nothing to worry about... U myt get a job ahead of someone with 2:1 sef..... Most companies are after what u have to offer not the theory u learnt in school... Just gain skills and experience ur school degree won't be reckon with...i grad with 2:2 I have never looked for job after service... Tho it's grace buh I accepted my first job meant for a some lesser degrees just to gain experience.... Now have carved a niche for myself....i receive job invitations via my profile on Linkedin buh they can't pay me what I worth.... I advised them to go for someone lower.... It's not pride I have built a value for myself

5 Likes

Re: I'm Worried, I Finally Graduated With 2:2, Any Advice For Me? by bobokeshington: 6:37pm On Mar 14, 2018
Chikita66:
You would have struggled more to reach 3.5

But its not the end of the world.

sick people everywhere

1 Like

Re: I'm Worried, I Finally Graduated With 2:2, Any Advice For Me? by tokrizy: 6:37pm On Mar 14, 2018
NwanyiAwkaetiti:
Which street?
YAHOO na grin

1 Like

Re: I'm Worried, I Finally Graduated With 2:2, Any Advice For Me? by Brugo(m): 6:39pm On Mar 14, 2018
Get a job in a relevant discipline. Get some experience, get a masters degree then apply elsewhere.
Re: I'm Worried, I Finally Graduated With 2:2, Any Advice For Me? by udi4eva(m): 6:39pm On Mar 14, 2018
Culin:
You're not even happy you graduated

Chikita66:
You would have struggled more to reach 3.5

If you don't have anything positive or word of advice to give. Why not just STFU
Re: I'm Worried, I Finally Graduated With 2:2, Any Advice For Me? by Culin(f): 6:40pm On Mar 14, 2018
udi4eva:

If you don't have anything positive or word of advice to give. Why not just STFU

Are you kidding me right now?
Re: I'm Worried, I Finally Graduated With 2:2, Any Advice For Me? by Nobody: 6:40pm On Mar 14, 2018
tokrizy:
YAHOO na grin
Like say na beans.
Re: I'm Worried, I Finally Graduated With 2:2, Any Advice For Me? by Nobody: 6:43pm On Mar 14, 2018
ok, check out this irony of life: 1st class becomes lawyers, doctors and other professionals. The 2nd class goes into business/ management and they employ the 1st class to work for them. Then, the 3rd class becomes the religious leaders/clerics and collect the money the from the 2nd class........... the cycle continues

1 Like

Re: I'm Worried, I Finally Graduated With 2:2, Any Advice For Me? by achillesfoot(m): 6:43pm On Mar 14, 2018
Lots of people worry for the wrong reasons hence focusing useful energy on wrong purposes. Please accept the fact that there is nothing you can do to undo the past. 2:2 is the grade a human being like yourself graded you with, but that is not what you are. Who are you? what can you really do? quit worrying(self condemnation) about the labor market and embark on self improvement(development of skills, professional courses etc.) and lastly stop getting distracted, I could tell you are and still currently are. God be with you.

2 Likes

Re: I'm Worried, I Finally Graduated With 2:2, Any Advice For Me? by nairalanduseles: 6:45pm On Mar 14, 2018
smoke some weed guy
Re: I'm Worried, I Finally Graduated With 2:2, Any Advice For Me? by godG: 6:49pm On Mar 14, 2018
It doesn't really matter. Some of my friends who made 2:2 are in the U.S. doing their MSc for free. It all boils down to what you want to do with your life and how willing you are to go for it. In any case, if I were you, I would go for a masters.

1 Like

Re: I'm Worried, I Finally Graduated With 2:2, Any Advice For Me? by chalerea(m): 6:52pm On Mar 14, 2018
aktem:
My result dropped seriously when i was in 200l and i have been making frantic effort to increase my cgpa since then..although it was increasing but at a very slow rate...@500l,i was close to 2:1 so i tried all my possible best,read as much as i can,hoping i can move to 2:1.
I went to check my final result during clearance few days ago and i realize i finally graduated with 2:2.i have not been happy since then,a lot of thought going through my mind.Thinking about labor market and how i am going to cope,i'm really perplexed.

Go for a PGD Program!
Re: I'm Worried, I Finally Graduated With 2:2, Any Advice For Me? by obonujoker(m): 7:02pm On Mar 14, 2018
lol... you should be happy you even read a course like mechanical engineering... you have hope... start with field engineer jobs, get experience and go from there... if you have power, go for Msc after like 2 years experience...

I graduated from a private school with 2.2 mech Engr... I didn't let that tear me down, worked with telecoms as a field engineer, after 2 years I did my MSC at Unilag, and now interviews don yapa...

And anywhere you see 2.1 jobs, ogbeni apply, what's the worse that can happen??

Fear not bro, God gat you... go for your NYSC especially if Lag, so you can get an engineering company...

Be happy, love God too...

2 Likes

Re: I'm Worried, I Finally Graduated With 2:2, Any Advice For Me? by nazzyon(m): 7:02pm On Mar 14, 2018
aktem:

Get a Job..

Get certified

Then go after your dream job.

OR

Apply as an intern in a company you hoped to work for..... If you can afford to work without pay... Use that to gain experience to build your CV.

Put your air down. For recruitment info at the company.

Due to the experience you already have .... You have the best bet to get the job over any other applicant
Re: I'm Worried, I Finally Graduated With 2:2, Any Advice For Me? by newoffer: 7:04pm On Mar 14, 2018
Your mates are hurstling while u tie ur destiny to ur Pali. Recession just returned o. Be creative
Re: I'm Worried, I Finally Graduated With 2:2, Any Advice For Me? by CeeManCollins(m): 7:05pm On Mar 14, 2018
Go and get married just to worsen your worries
Re: I'm Worried, I Finally Graduated With 2:2, Any Advice For Me? by EdoBoy90(m): 7:10pm On Mar 14, 2018
kingreign:

1. Learn skills like auto repairs, refrigeration and HVAC installation, heavy duty power plant maintenance and repairs, welding building construction, piping, and instrumentationetc. Don't underestimate these skills. And try to get a trade test cert in them.

2. Proceed to get certified in HSE, project management, NSE and COREN certifications.

3. Also get to do an MBA and/or MSC.
4. Trust in God and don't underestimate men and women you meet anywhere.
5. Sell yourself your skills your vision to people anywhere and anytime you're given that opportunity

The big fish will start hunting you after these. Trust me!

Let's meet at the top smiley

@ OP ,Mechanical Engineer,
I am a fellow like you pls and pls take this young man advice especially 1 & 2. Go for 1 immediately and HSE, for HSE do it with ISPON.

Mantrac(CAT), Wartsila, Cummins Inc, GE, and other coys need Mechanical Engineers with experience in 1.
Re: I'm Worried, I Finally Graduated With 2:2, Any Advice For Me? by Amarabae(f): 7:12pm On Mar 14, 2018
Thousands of people with 2.1 and first class are still looking for job.
Just go and do ur masters,
Go for a professional skill acquisition in ur field and you will be fine.
BTW 2nd class is 2nd class.
Re: I'm Worried, I Finally Graduated With 2:2, Any Advice For Me? by Yankee101: 7:19pm On Mar 14, 2018
Life is far far beyond 2.1 0r 2.2
Re: I'm Worried, I Finally Graduated With 2:2, Any Advice For Me? by dawahlarry: 7:21pm On Mar 14, 2018
kingreign:

1. Learn skills like auto repairs, refrigeration and HVAC installation, heavy duty power plant maintenance and repairs, welding building construction, piping, and instrumentationetc. Don't underestimate these skills. And try to get a trade test cert in them.

2. Proceed to get certified in HSE, project management, NSE and COREN certifications.

3. Also get to do an MBA and/or MSC.
4. Trust in God and don't underestimate men and women you meet anywhere.
5. Sell yourself your skills your vision to people anywhere and anytime you're given that opportunity

The big fish will start hunting you after these. Trust me!

Let's meet at the top smiley

This person has said it all. I also graduated with 2.2, and by Allaah's mercy, I'm currently working with a telecommunications company with a good salary. As a matter of fact, people with 2.2 dominate the labour market. Just learn the practical aspect of your course and always pray to God.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I'm Worried, I Finally Graduated With 2:2, Any Advice For Me? by Nobody: 7:25pm On Mar 14, 2018
aktem:

I got 3rd class, Mechanical production engineering.
Re: I'm Worried, I Finally Graduated With 2:2, Any Advice For Me? by Nobody: 7:27pm On Mar 14, 2018
Hanhan hanhan ...plus first-class o. Plus third class o, plus ssce holder...na everybody dey fight for the same work in naija. Please go and write your CV jare and get yourself some experience

1 Like

Re: I'm Worried, I Finally Graduated With 2:2, Any Advice For Me? by dallyemmy: 7:28pm On Mar 14, 2018
Do relevant certification in your field...
Re: I'm Worried, I Finally Graduated With 2:2, Any Advice For Me? by awa(m): 7:33pm On Mar 14, 2018
Forget the paper qualification and focus on the real you.
2:1 doesn't guarantee automatic job in Nigeria and besides you can open up Mechanics workshop and better your life
Re: I'm Worried, I Finally Graduated With 2:2, Any Advice For Me? by samsono30: 7:40pm On Mar 14, 2018
Go to a near by mechanic garage in order to reduce transport expenses and learn mechanic work. you will catch up fast. Such is life, you will survive.

1 Like

Re: I'm Worried, I Finally Graduated With 2:2, Any Advice For Me? by Revolva(m): 7:43pm On Mar 14, 2018
take am go join police

1 Like

Re: I'm Worried, I Finally Graduated With 2:2, Any Advice For Me? by AceVentura: 7:44pm On Mar 14, 2018
I graduated with a weak 2nd class lower result but I'm currently an assistant manager in one of the topmost new generation banks.

Your grade doesn't determine how successful you'll be in life.

All the best in whatever you want to do.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Outrage As Teacher Attacks Little Girl In Class, Hits Her On The Head / UNIZIK Uses Electronic Voting In SUG Elections (Photos) / Can I Study Political Science Without Literature In English

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.