Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,956 members, 7,806,768 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:07 PM

Benue Killings: I Reprimanded IGP Quietly - Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Benue Killings: I Reprimanded IGP Quietly - Buhari (16133 Views)

Plateau Killings: I Have Changed, Arrest All Fulani Leaders – Lalong / Benue Killings: I Warned Ortom, He Did Not Listen Says... Plateau Governor / Benue Killings: I Have Documentary Evidence Against Miyetti Allah – Ortom (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Benue Killings: I Reprimanded IGP Quietly - Buhari by zakim(m): 7:08am On Mar 13, 2018
President Muhammadu Buhari said he quietly reprimanded the Inspector General of Police, Ibrahim Idris, over the killings in Benue State.

Buhari said this at the Government House Makurdi yesterday during a town-hall meeting with leaders of various groups in the state.

Presidential spokesman, Mr Femi Adesina quoted Buhari as saying that he was not in the habit of publicly rebuking his appointees as many would desire.

The president said he preferred to quietly “read the riot act” as he did to the Inspector General of Police when the Benue attacks began.

He disclosed that he even shared the IGP’s security report on the Benue crisis with Senators George Akume and Barnabas Gemade from the state.

He appealed to leaders of various groups in the state to convince their constituents that the Federal Government was doing its best to end the recurring attacks by armed herdsmen in various parts of the country.

Responding to remarks by various stakeholders during the meeting, Buhari urged them to show restraint and allow the security agencies to handle the untenable situation.

“The governor and I, and others here know that we will leave one day, but the relationship between farmers and herders will continue. I urge you to keep in touch with them and advise them to live peacefully. Nigeria has over 250 ethnic groups with different cultures and nobody can question God for putting us together,” he said.

Reacting to what he called a “shopping list” by some stakeholders, the President enjoined them to pray for the economy to improve, noting that he would not make any promises during this trip. He, however, stressed that, “When coming back on campaign, if coming back on campaign, I may promise.”

Governor Samuel Ortom said the recent attacks had displaced 170,000 people with children of school age constituting 60 per cent.

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/amplite/benue-killings-i-reprimanded-igp-quietly--buhari.html

Re: Benue Killings: I Reprimanded IGP Quietly - Buhari by chuksjuve(m): 7:17am On Mar 13, 2018
Weed talk

68 Likes

Re: Benue Killings: I Reprimanded IGP Quietly - Buhari by Omeokachie: 7:30am On Mar 13, 2018
Definition of a failure

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: Benue Killings: I Reprimanded IGP Quietly - Buhari by dangermouse(m): 7:31am On Mar 13, 2018
Mr president,with all due respect sir,your silence is so deafening that we can hardly hear you talk.

55 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Benue Killings: I Reprimanded IGP Quietly - Buhari by chriskosherbal(m): 7:32am On Mar 13, 2018
Even hissing refused to come from my mouth tongue

38 Likes

Re: Benue Killings: I Reprimanded IGP Quietly - Buhari by ifex370(m): 7:44am On Mar 13, 2018
This man is a joke...

his true nature and motives betray him all the time

26 Likes

Re: Benue Killings: I Reprimanded IGP Quietly - Buhari by Paperwhite(m): 7:48am On Mar 13, 2018
So a grevious offense of an irresponsible IG failing to obey the instruction of his C-in-C is now an issue that is being treated as a domestic affair Oh Nigeria what ailieth thee?

79 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Benue Killings: I Reprimanded IGP Quietly - Buhari by Lomprico2: 8:25am On Mar 13, 2018
Hahaha

Nigerians, una doh oh!

7 Likes

Re: Benue Killings: I Reprimanded IGP Quietly - Buhari by dunkem21(m): 8:26am On Mar 13, 2018
What manner of incompetence and cluelessness is this? ..Just listen to the last paragraph..

Tufiakwa.

51 Likes

Re: Benue Killings: I Reprimanded IGP Quietly - Buhari by Caustics: 9:32am On Mar 13, 2018
buhari has no shame and emotions. he deserves to be tortured and not allowed to die

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Benue Killings: I Reprimanded IGP Quietly - Buhari by MaziOmenuko: 9:32am On Mar 13, 2018
Responding to remarks by various stakeholders during the meeting, Buhari urged them to show restraint and allow the security agencies to handle the untenable situation.

Allow which security to handle what? Your IGP showed gross insubordination and went to see his concubines at Lafia when you ordered him to Benue yet you want people to fold their arms and watch those fulani headers murder them? Which one is silent reprimand self? As in you used sign language to caution him?

Bunch of jokers!

40 Likes

Re: Benue Killings: I Reprimanded IGP Quietly - Buhari by eleojo23: 9:32am On Mar 13, 2018
People are killed openly but you reprimand quietly behind closed doors.

Issokay...!

From his utterances, it is obvious that Bubu is the real definition of cluelessness..

29 Likes

Re: Benue Killings: I Reprimanded IGP Quietly - Buhari by NwaAmaikpe: 9:33am On Mar 13, 2018
shocked

Just like he chastised IPOB privately.

52 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Benue Killings: I Reprimanded IGP Quietly - Buhari by deebrain(m): 9:33am On Mar 13, 2018
Like seriously, im begining to wonder whether our president is okay.

He cant be. This is not the Buhari of 1983... Its not the same man.

14 Likes

Re: Benue Killings: I Reprimanded IGP Quietly - Buhari by austin2all: 9:33am On Mar 13, 2018
mad cow

4 Likes

Re: Benue Killings: I Reprimanded IGP Quietly - Buhari by lionness(f): 9:33am On Mar 13, 2018
look at this nincomp...reprimand quietly, over the death of 70 people and counting? What about sacking the IG, sacking Benue commissioner for police, putting some boots and guns on ground to deter future attacks? So Yusuf Buhari's life is better than the lives of Benue members who are been squashed like bugs? If you check my past posts, I was totally for this cow, campaigned and voted for him, but the way this loser has praised, protected, and even gone out to sheild his totally ineffective and useless cabinet members is beyond appalling. And the way he's acting like the flagrant, and the wantom destruction of his Fulani families is normal makes me wonder if his brain hasnt been replaced with that of a cow during his last surgery in the UK.
Buhari, you are the greatest mistake Nigeria youths, including adults like I made...and Insha Allah, you will be shamed out of that Aso Rock!!!!

PS: I think the Governor of Benue started is a legal bastard and not a real TIV. And I also think every Benue who came to greet this cow when he came their state is a total loser. The best greeting Buhari would have gotten yesterday should have been a total peleting with pure waters, and cow dung! Shame on Benue. Someone who sanctioned the death of your people was given a grandiose welcome. Buhari knew he cant try this with the Ibos, the Ijaws, even the Yorubas. Never knew Benue people are cows as well.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Benue Killings: I Reprimanded IGP Quietly - Buhari by maestroferddi: 9:33am On Mar 13, 2018
It is all over!

Buhari is the shame of this country.

26 Likes

Re: Benue Killings: I Reprimanded IGP Quietly - Buhari by Benjom(m): 9:33am On Mar 13, 2018
Quietly, you say?!

9 Likes

Re: Benue Killings: I Reprimanded IGP Quietly - Buhari by Proffdada: 9:34am On Mar 13, 2018
As Buhari never knew the IGP went to nassarawa instead of Benue, so shall your enemies will never know your whereabouts
Can I get an Amen?
grin

16 Likes

Re: Benue Killings: I Reprimanded IGP Quietly - Buhari by WebSurfer(m): 9:34am On Mar 13, 2018
The problems of this country are coming from left, right, up and down, i give up

3 Likes

Re: Benue Killings: I Reprimanded IGP Quietly - Buhari by polite2(m): 9:34am On Mar 13, 2018
Buhari, chaiii. I tot u ve sense.

6 Likes

Re: Benue Killings: I Reprimanded IGP Quietly - Buhari by LessNoise: 9:35am On Mar 13, 2018
Just see the rubbish Una president dey Yan? Pity no one can unseat him 2019 that's the bitter truth

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Benue Killings: I Reprimanded IGP Quietly - Buhari by ZombieTAMER: 9:35am On Mar 13, 2018
Hahaha
This government is a comic one grin

9 Likes

Re: Benue Killings: I Reprimanded IGP Quietly - Buhari by Ogbuevi(m): 9:35am On Mar 13, 2018
Fela please where art thou... Come and sing for this man

Check out www.listclan.com

3 Likes

Re: Benue Killings: I Reprimanded IGP Quietly - Buhari by Wiseandtrue(f): 9:35am On Mar 13, 2018

mumu president! a sackable offence he is there reprimanding undecided

15 Likes

Re: Benue Killings: I Reprimanded IGP Quietly - Buhari by Mogidi: 9:35am On Mar 13, 2018
Some people would actually believe this trash.

6 Likes

Re: Benue Killings: I Reprimanded IGP Quietly - Buhari by Meti99(m): 9:35am On Mar 13, 2018
Buhari is high on cow-shit...

Nigeria don finish

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Benue Killings: I Reprimanded IGP Quietly - Buhari by ZombieTAMER: 9:36am On Mar 13, 2018
Proffdada:
As Buhari never knew the IGP went to nassarawa instead of Benue, so shall your enemies will never know your whereabouts
Can I get an Amen?
grin

Amen grin

3 Likes

Re: Benue Killings: I Reprimanded IGP Quietly - Buhari by Emmaoga: 9:36am On Mar 13, 2018
This government is just wayward. Must say something to cover up his failures.

14 Likes

Re: Benue Killings: I Reprimanded IGP Quietly - Buhari by Gepheral: 9:36am On Mar 13, 2018
God will help this country

2 Likes

Re: Benue Killings: I Reprimanded IGP Quietly - Buhari by ZombieTAMER: 9:36am On Mar 13, 2018
Ogbuevi:
Fela please where art thou... Come and sing for this man

Do you know that tuface is from Benue

5 Likes

Re: Benue Killings: I Reprimanded IGP Quietly - Buhari by saarumann: 9:36am On Mar 13, 2018
But terrorist buhari publicly rebuked Nnamdi Kanu live on National Tv for coming down to Nigeria with British passport to campaign for freedom Why is the same dunce not publicly rebuking the IG for disobeying orders? Yeye dey smell.
In sane climes, terrorist Buhari and his useless IGP would have been impeached and sacked within 48 hours. But since Nigeria is a Zoo, everything goes. I bet Buhari will never sack the IGP!

Honestly this man is not fit to contest a class prefect let alone govern Nigeria! What a shame of a country to have someone like Buhari as the President.

Buhari will be remembered as the worst Nigerian president ever since independence.

13 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Has Bukola Saraki Served Kwara State? / Ekiti, Ondo, Ebonyi, 17 Northern States Sign Up For NLTP / London Judge Adjourns Ibori’s Case To June 6, 2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.