Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,898 members, 7,802,894 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:18 AM

3 Reasons Why You Need A Comprehensive Auto Insurance - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / 3 Reasons Why You Need A Comprehensive Auto Insurance (7200 Views)

Please Recommend Good Auto Insurance Company / Need Help In Taking A Comprehensive Auto Insurance / Auto Insurance @ 4% (excess Buy Back Inclusive) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

3 Reasons Why You Need A Comprehensive Auto Insurance by AutoJoshNG: 9:07am On Mar 13, 2018
Insuring a car is truly expensive, but it’s a mandate for the safety of all drivers. This saves you a lot of money and futile efforts you would probably expend on your automobile. Below are some reasons why you need auto insurance.

You get compensated for an accident:

Although, you seem not to like the idea of car insurance, it might still be of greater benefit to you. Consider a situation, whereby you are involved in an auto crash, which is obviously not a result of your negligence or carelessness; in that kind of situation, you’re surely a victim and require compensation as you might not be having enough funds to get things fixed for yourself at that time. The car you insured already enables you to get a financial support for your ride to compensate you for the loss caused by another person. You will not have to wait till the other party pays for the damages caused.

Your car gets fixed in a short time:

The cost of maintaining a car is highly expensive, not to talk of that of repairs. An unexpected bash can cost you hundreds of thousands of Naira. In a more critical case, your car might not be movable. But for the reason that you have auto insurance, you’ll have the faults fixed in a short time and get back to going about with your ride.

Your assets are protected

Assume that you have enough funds in your bank account and you think you don’t need car insurance. Consider the fact that you will not be so happy to lose your hard earned money over the repairs or replacement of a crashed automobile which might have occurred not due to your faults. It could be natural disasters, like trees falling on your car and the likes of it. Having a car insurance will save you some money and protect your assets, you definitely have plans on that money in your bank especially in this critical economic situation of ours.

Do you use comprehensive insurance? Tell us in the comment section.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 3 Reasons Why You Need A Comprehensive Auto Insurance by rayblings(m): 9:18am On Mar 13, 2018
shocked shocked

Bang DE DE deng!!!

Seconded.

Op I saw you the other day in your 2019 legedese Benz haaaa you're a big boy o more elbows to ur scrotum

Where's the 10 nera part of that Bentley naw

Re: 3 Reasons Why You Need A Comprehensive Auto Insurance by Caustics: 11:08am On Mar 13, 2018
angry they refused to pay my landlord when he had accident just because nobody died

3 Likes

Re: 3 Reasons Why You Need A Comprehensive Auto Insurance by Angelb4: 11:08am On Mar 13, 2018
Na who get car dey insure car
Re: 3 Reasons Why You Need A Comprehensive Auto Insurance by Authoreety: 11:09am On Mar 13, 2018
What if I maintain my car very well for a long period of time nd also later decide to sell of the car....

What happens 2 d insurance?

1 Like

Re: 3 Reasons Why You Need A Comprehensive Auto Insurance by MrGreenMavro: 11:10am On Mar 13, 2018
sad

can I insure my leggedis benz?
Re: 3 Reasons Why You Need A Comprehensive Auto Insurance by HolyHero: 11:12am On Mar 13, 2018
Click like if like me, you don't understand how car insurance work.
Re: 3 Reasons Why You Need A Comprehensive Auto Insurance by tstx(m): 11:16am On Mar 13, 2018
uzoclinton
Re: 3 Reasons Why You Need A Comprehensive Auto Insurance by Nobody: 11:17am On Mar 13, 2018
AutoJoshNG:
Insuring a car is truly expensive, but it’s a mandate for the safety of all drivers. This saves you a lot of money and futile efforts you would probably expend on your automobile. Below are some reasons why you need auto insurance.

You get compensated for an accident:

Although, you seem not to like the idea of car insurance, it might still be of greater benefit to you. Consider a situation, whereby you are involved in an auto crash, which is obviously not a result of your negligence or carelessness; in that kind of situation, you’re surely a victim and require compensation as you might not be having enough funds to get things fixed for yourself at that time. The car you insured already enables you to get a financial support for your ride to compensate you for the loss caused by another person. You will not have to wait till the other party pays for the damages caused.

Your car gets fixed in a short time:

The cost of maintaining a car is highly expensive, not to talk of that of repairs. An unexpected bash can cost you hundreds of thousands of Naira. In a more critical case, your car might not be movable. But for the reason that you have auto insurance, you’ll have the faults fixed in a short time and get back to going about with your ride.

Your assets are protected

Assume that you have enough funds in your bank account and you think you don’t need car insurance. Consider the fact that you will not be so happy to lose your hard earned money over the repairs or replacement of a crashed automobile which might have occurred not due to your faults. It could be natural disasters, like trees falling on your car and the likes of it. Having a car insurance will save you some money and protect your assets, you definitely have plans on that money in your bank especially in this critical economic situation of ours.

Do you use comprehensive insurance? Tell us in the comment section.

i love the naivete of copy and paste bloggers

yes your car will be fixed, but it is rarely in a short time. your insurer usually has to inspect the vehicle and approve the repair costs. there is also the issue of increased premiums [if insurer's deem you a high risk customer, they will charge you more. - so sometimes, you just hold out for a real accident]

2 Likes

Re: 3 Reasons Why You Need A Comprehensive Auto Insurance by lanrejoe10: 11:18am On Mar 13, 2018
OP makes it sound like getting claims from insurance company is as easy as having a dullard rule 9ja.
Oga those insurance company gat no chill. They'll ask for your DNA when you go in there to make claim

2 Likes

Re: 3 Reasons Why You Need A Comprehensive Auto Insurance by hubtiva: 11:23am On Mar 13, 2018
ok
Re: 3 Reasons Why You Need A Comprehensive Auto Insurance by legalwealth(m): 11:25am On Mar 13, 2018
lanrejoe10:
OP makes it sound like getting claims from insurance company is as easy as having a dullard rule 9ja.
Oga those insurance company gat no chill. They'll ask for your DNA when you go in there to make claim

grin grin grin
Re: 3 Reasons Why You Need A Comprehensive Auto Insurance by silasweb(m): 11:26am On Mar 13, 2018
Good
Re: 3 Reasons Why You Need A Comprehensive Auto Insurance by chinawapz(m): 11:27am On Mar 13, 2018
check my signature
Re: 3 Reasons Why You Need A Comprehensive Auto Insurance by InsureSalesRep(f): 11:32am On Mar 13, 2018
: D
Re: 3 Reasons Why You Need A Comprehensive Auto Insurance by Teesyn(f): 11:35am On Mar 13, 2018
Nice
Re: 3 Reasons Why You Need A Comprehensive Auto Insurance by Yankee101: 11:42am On Mar 13, 2018
Nigerian insurance dey replace motor? Or try to prove it's tour fault? But functional insurance is good
Re: 3 Reasons Why You Need A Comprehensive Auto Insurance by Yankiss(m): 11:55am On Mar 13, 2018
Is this operative in Nigeria? Can any knowledgeable source enlighten us? Is it really possible to claim insurance benefits in dysfunctional Nigeria?
Re: 3 Reasons Why You Need A Comprehensive Auto Insurance by PapiAlecto(m): 12:20pm On Mar 13, 2018
Insurance usually last for a year. you renew when there is no claim. You can also transfer your cover from one car to the other in the event of sale.

Authoreety:
What if I maintain my car very well for a long period of time nd also later decide to sell of the car....

1 Like

Re: 3 Reasons Why You Need A Comprehensive Auto Insurance by PapiAlecto(m): 12:23pm On Mar 13, 2018
lanrejoe10:

While you may have suffered from some Insurance Company, Cornerstone Insurance will pay your claim 3 days after complete documentation. i am a living witness.
Re: 3 Reasons Why You Need A Comprehensive Auto Insurance by PapiAlecto(m): 12:25pm On Mar 13, 2018
Yankee101:
Nigerian insurance dey replace motor? Or try to prove it's tour fault? But functional insurance is good

Yes. If you claim is genuiene, you will get your sum insured back complete as far as your bought your excess back. Try Cornerstone Insurance.
Re: 3 Reasons Why You Need A Comprehensive Auto Insurance by simafem(m): 12:29pm On Mar 13, 2018
Leadway assurance remains the best, no stress, you don't need your grandfather's waec certificate to make a claim, i've used them for more than 10 years now and they've never let me down
Re: 3 Reasons Why You Need A Comprehensive Auto Insurance by OlujobaSamuel: 12:52pm On Mar 13, 2018
simafem:
Leadway assurance remains the best, no stress, you don't need your grandfather's waec certificate to make a claim, i've used them for more than 10 years now and they've never let me down
you don get so many claims on top car matter or other things? you be taxi driver? or na danfo?
Btw, I think you are right, leadway seems not to have those crazy protocols
Re: 3 Reasons Why You Need A Comprehensive Auto Insurance by charlzcavanni101(m): 1:24pm On Mar 13, 2018
Blood Liar
Caustics:
angry they refused to pay my landlord when he had accident just because nobody died
Re: 3 Reasons Why You Need A Comprehensive Auto Insurance by charlzcavanni101(m): 1:30pm On Mar 13, 2018
extremely possible ,most of us are just not enlightened enough and secondly the awareness level on the part of the government and private sector is really poor,But insurance is a good thing and it helps the individual or company in terms of loss or damage,reinstating back to the position they were before the loss or accident happened.

Yankiss:
Is this operative in Nigeria? Can any knowledgeable source enlighten us? Is it really possible to claim insurance benefits in dysfunctional Nigeria?
Re: 3 Reasons Why You Need A Comprehensive Auto Insurance by Nobody: 2:07pm On Mar 13, 2018
car insurance in nigeria has a long way to go unless you re a corporate client, there is a high risk of being short changed by insurance companies, see the 3rd party insurance that millions of car owners in nigeria get no claim for.
Re: 3 Reasons Why You Need A Comprehensive Auto Insurance by Bishopp007: 4:19pm On Mar 13, 2018
The best way to protect your valuable is to get insurance. Here in U.S, people get insurance for phone, jewelry, apartment, car, house, life e.tc

How much you pay for insurance depend on how you are going to be treated during claim process both home and aboard because good and reliable insurance company will definitely charge high premium while others just want your money and make you go through hell when you need them most.

Forget about 3rd party or liability insurance, go for full coverage if you really need insurance which include both comprehensive and collision i.e you will be covered either you are at fault or not but it can be expensive sometimes.

I believe we have many good insurance companies in Nigeria but the problem is people are not ready to pay for premium.

Also, you need to consider your insurance coverage limit of liability and deductible.
Re: 3 Reasons Why You Need A Comprehensive Auto Insurance by uckennety(m): 4:26pm On Mar 13, 2018
Alot of fraud associated with Nigerian insurance company
Re: 3 Reasons Why You Need A Comprehensive Auto Insurance by Bishopp007: 4:40pm On Mar 13, 2018
uckennety:
Alot of fraud associated with Nigerian insurance company

Not only in Naija but all over the world.
Re: 3 Reasons Why You Need A Comprehensive Auto Insurance by errhis(m): 12:15pm On Mar 14, 2018
Authoreety:

U will be paid back your money... In some cases with interest

(1) (2) (Reply)

Cost Of Maintaining Mercedes C300 / 2001 Nissan Maxima Acceleration Issue / Do You Know Your Car Tyre Can Jeopardize Your Safety?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.