Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,211 members, 7,780,384 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 01:23 PM

23-year-old Man Who Got Married To His 17-year-old Biological Sister In Anambra - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / 23-year-old Man Who Got Married To His 17-year-old Biological Sister In Anambra (590 Views)

Village Women Gathered To Flog Man Who Beats His Wife (Photos) / Meet Two Sisters Married To Oba Ewuare Of Benin (Photos) / 18 Years Old Boy Weds His 17 Years Old Sweetheart In Abia State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

23-year-old Man Who Got Married To His 17-year-old Biological Sister In Anambra by Henzyworld(m): 12:48am On Mar 14, 2018
Happening: A mathematics teacher in a secondary school in Ekwulobia, Aguata Local Government Area of Anambra State, Chiadikobi Ezeibekwe, who was in the news a few weeks ago for marrying his 17-year-old biological sister has granted an interview to Channels Tv explaining why he did it.

http://henzyworld.com/news/happenings/video-house-maid-caught-feeding-a-1-year-old-baby-with-liquid-soup-because-she-wanted-to-leave/

According to the man, he got the directives from God. Ezeibekwe said that he had a revelation where God told him to marry his sibling.

He further quoted Bible passages in Deuteronomy to illustrate that siblings could marry each other.

He said,

“One advantage of doing this is that it discourages divorce. It also retains family values and norms. I don’t feel guilty. I don ’t feel ashamed. I don ’t feel intimidated in any way. Only God can stop us,”

The teacher said he did not pay any bride price to anybody in respect of the marriage.

The wedding was conducted by Chiadikobi’s elder brother, Chijioke Ezeibekwe, who is the priest of Dwelling Fullness of God Church, Agba, Ekwulobia

However, the youth of the village had set ablaze the church, Dwelling Fullness of God Church, where the wedding was conducted. According to them, it is an abomination and an act that could incur the wrath of the gods upon the village.

Reacting to the issue, the traditional prime minister of Ekwulobia, Gabriel Ezeukwu, said,

“Agba village youths, who saw the marriage as an abomination, set ablaze the church where the wedding took place.

http://henzyworld.com/news/happenings/video-house-maid-caught-feeding-a-1-year-old-baby-with-liquid-soup-because-she-wanted-to-leave/

“I restrained them from further action against the man and his family. If it were in the past, the entire family would be burnt down because this is a grave abomination and sin.”

The eldest son of the family, Emeka Ezeibekwe vowed to resist their union.

http://henzyworld.com/news/happenings/extreme-graphic-photos-mentally-unstable-man-hacked-two-4-year-old-pupils-to-death-in-ogun-state/

He said, “It ’s over my dead body that they will call themselves husband and wife. It can’t happen.”

The Anambra State Police Public Relations Officer, Nkeiruka Nwide, however, responded to the story, but she claimed the news got to the command “unofficially.”

Source: henzyworld.com

1 Share

(1) (Reply)

10-year-old Girl Dies After Female Genital Circumcision / Today Is Thanksgiving Day In US- Fourth Thursday Of November / Which Of These Tool Was Your Mummys Favourite

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.