Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,634 members, 7,801,832 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:13 AM

Kwara State Governor Bans Sale And Consumption Of Alcohol - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kwara State Governor Bans Sale And Consumption Of Alcohol (19878 Views)

BREAKING!!! Ebonyi State Governor Bans Vanguard and Sun Reporters In Ebonyi Govt / Delta State To Ban Cow Meat Sale And Consumption / Army Bans Sale Of Petroleum Products In Jerry Cans (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kwara State Governor Bans Sale And Consumption Of Alcohol by Nobody: 9:28am On Mar 14, 2018
But they will follow share VAT from sales of same in oda states
Restructuring is d way to go..
Eat wat u plant...
All dis abuja feeding bottle politics shld stop...

2 Likes

Re: Kwara State Governor Bans Sale And Consumption Of Alcohol by danlamiturawa(m): 9:28am On Mar 14, 2018
Oh God! Why na islam.....but christainity permit it am na...
Re: Kwara State Governor Bans Sale And Consumption Of Alcohol by blackrules1(m): 9:29am On Mar 14, 2018
sarrki:

That should be the main city

Dominated predominantly by the indigenes

The Oloje,Alore,pakata,Ajimobi,ita olorun oje, kuntu,okekere, ode afa NDA, ojagboro,baboko,ita kurumo
and so on and on

Even before now, no one dares sell or consume alcohol publicly in these areas.
Re: Kwara State Governor Bans Sale And Consumption Of Alcohol by erico2k2(m): 9:29am On Mar 14, 2018
sarrki:

I hardly deal with religious bigots

But I will take time and educate you

Coz you lack sense if reasoning to understand

Religion is not the problem but bigots that have same reasoning and understanding like y..u do

The Yoruba's have Christian and Muslim

Tell me are they terrorist ?

Do they kill?

So religion is different from culture and upbringing

Don't sit down and feel may be your religion is the best

It harbor hatred and breed fanaticism
It has been the problem of the world, tell me o negreat war that was not started cos of religion?
As you are o n it tell me one good to mankind which any xtreemly religious person has done to help mankind.
Re: Kwara State Governor Bans Sale And Consumption Of Alcohol by oglalasioux(m): 9:30am On Mar 14, 2018
But tramadol and codeine are OK.

1 Like

Re: Kwara State Governor Bans Sale And Consumption Of Alcohol by Truflexunits(m): 9:33am On Mar 14, 2018
APC will sink this nation

1 Like

Re: Kwara State Governor Bans Sale And Consumption Of Alcohol by Nobody: 9:39am On Mar 14, 2018
Illiterate plenty for nairaland. Even though the law was attached to the thread they still can’t read it. According to the law it says alcohol sale will be restricted in certain area in Ilorin not even the whole of Kwara State just certain places in Ilorin but some people have started screaming sharia law especially ipob who wish it was. If u still go to Ilorin today u can still drink and buy alcohol just in some certain place like bar or consume it in ur own lawn. I don’t see the point of the restriction but it’s not as bad as what ipob propaganda youth are making it out to be
Re: Kwara State Governor Bans Sale And Consumption Of Alcohol by Ups01(m): 9:46am On Mar 14, 2018
shocked what a surprise. Buhari should be fired!

2 Likes

Re: Kwara State Governor Bans Sale And Consumption Of Alcohol by Waheed60: 9:52am On Mar 14, 2018
Pls the actual places are not mention. I wish Maraba , Alagbado is among
Re: Kwara State Governor Bans Sale And Consumption Of Alcohol by johnmartus(m): 9:59am On Mar 14, 2018
grin as if the governor not taking alcoholic and marijuana cigarette. He acted based on what the gullible people asked him .and that is why I can't doubt the 80 years bukola will rule kwara state.Its only kwara south that can save kwarans .because they have more registered voters than kwara central and kwara north.

1 Like

Re: Kwara State Governor Bans Sale And Consumption Of Alcohol by imam07: 10:13am On Mar 14, 2018
Johnnyessence:
Governor Abdulfatah Ahmed of Kwara State has signed a bill prohibiting production, sale, and consumption of alcohol in certain areas.
Ahmed gave his assent to the Ilorin Township (Prohibition Against the Production, Sale, and Consumption of Liquor in Certain Areas) Law, 2018, as passed by the Kwara State House of Assembly.
Under the law, no person will be allowed to produce, sell, store or openly consume alcohol within specified areas in the metropolis. The bill stipulates that any person who contravenes the provision of this law shall be guilty of an offense and liable on conviction to a fine not exceeding N100, 000 or imprisonment for a term not exceeding six months or both. https://www.pressnewsng.com.ng/2018/03/kwara-state-governor-bans-sale-and.html
The idiot Gov own an hotel oo. What some ashawo are doing in his hotel room are worst than those drinking by the road side.
I guess the hotel drink sales have dropped so he want to drive those drinking by the road side to his hotel.

1 Like

Re: Kwara State Governor Bans Sale And Consumption Of Alcohol by CowbellY: 10:18am On Mar 14, 2018
Thetruthsayer10:
Illiterate plenty for nairaland. Even though the law was attached to the thread they still can’t read it. According to the law it says alcohol sale will be restricted in certain area in Ilorin not even the whole of Kwara State just certain places in Ilorin but some people have started screaming sharia law especially ipob who wish it was. If u still go to Ilorin today u can still drink and buy alcohol just in some certain place like bar or consume it in ur own lawn. I don’t see the point of the restriction but it’s not as bad as what ipob propaganda youth are making it out to be

Here's a thought.

Imagine if hijab is banned in certain areas.

What would the response be ?.

We all remember the backlash and cry that accompanied the law school Hijabi saga

3 Likes

Re: Kwara State Governor Bans Sale And Consumption Of Alcohol by luluman: 10:30am On Mar 14, 2018
sarrki:

If you are not a drunkard , why are you crying more than the bereaved ?

Your reporting is half truth

They banned it in some locations.

The truth people chose the life they want to live

If you can't then waka

You can't force people to live your own way

What are you saying? why then can't they allows us to drink when & where we want? abi we use una mouth & belle.

1 Like

Re: Kwara State Governor Bans Sale And Consumption Of Alcohol by Curiouscity(m): 10:36am On Mar 14, 2018
CowbellY:

Here's a thought.

We all remember the backlash and cry that accompanied the law school Hijabi saga

Equity or equality is just alien to some people. They are happy when it favours them, but when it doesn't, they scream blue murder. These are the same people condemning some states for enacting the Anti-open grazing law in their states. Some Nigerians feel more entitled than others and this is unfortunate.

1 Like

Re: Kwara State Governor Bans Sale And Consumption Of Alcohol by Shaev7(m): 10:57am On Mar 14, 2018
Corpers where una go see beer buy? I remember served in Offa, Avalon Hotel where I chill out occasionally, now no beer. Bring your beer from home.lol

1 Like

Re: Kwara State Governor Bans Sale And Consumption Of Alcohol by omoeso(m): 11:18am On Mar 14, 2018
Don't know what gets to this politicians once they get to power. This is the same man that bought me a bottle of Jack Daniels some few years ago at Ariya gardens (Back of Kwara hotels) while he was a commissioner of finance.
Was having fun with some top notch government officials den. Still remember vividly he was having hennessy himself that day.
Well, that's for his people to decide. No one can stop me from having my own drink. Shikena!!

1 Like

Re: Kwara State Governor Bans Sale And Consumption Of Alcohol by DreamSonInlaw(m): 11:55am On Mar 14, 2018
But where Bukola and Seni Saraki go dey high naw? Okay home lounging

So the ordinary man is not allow to high and forget his worries, they want him to be sober and die of worries...issorait

1 Like

Re: Kwara State Governor Bans Sale And Consumption Of Alcohol by Nobody: 12:16pm On Mar 14, 2018
CowbellY:

Here's a thought.

as u can read in my comment I do not understand why the restriction was made it makes no sense. I think the affected party in Ilorin where the law will go against their right in a secular nation should protest
Re: Kwara State Governor Bans Sale And Consumption Of Alcohol by toye440: 12:17pm On Mar 14, 2018
How can kwara grow wen dey always bring in their religion. There can never b growth in kwara state so long as its Islamically run.
Re: Kwara State Governor Bans Sale And Consumption Of Alcohol by Nobody: 12:17pm On Mar 14, 2018
Shaev7:
Corpers where una go see beer buy? I remember served in Offa, Avalon Hotel where I chill out occasionally, now no beer. Bring your beer from home.lol
nothing go happen for offa the law is a restriction in certain places in Ilorin alone it doesn’t affect the whole of Kwara State

1 Like

Re: Kwara State Governor Bans Sale And Consumption Of Alcohol by Jimmy231: 12:43pm On Mar 14, 2018
Shey Codeine Don finish for ilorin ni.. Tuxil-company never fold up na.. All the Kwasu and allkima student I hail oooo
Re: Kwara State Governor Bans Sale And Consumption Of Alcohol by selab: 12:57pm On Mar 14, 2018
Better, what a good decision
Re: Kwara State Governor Bans Sale And Consumption Of Alcohol by davillian(m): 12:57pm On Mar 14, 2018
Johnnyessence:
it's so so unfortunate that sharia law has now become effective in kwara state. so so pathetic. well the drunkard will have to find another means now. with this development, the igr of the state will continue to reduced.
It's to join the Hausa with hard drugs and all forms of weed .
Drug business will boom there now .
Re: Kwara State Governor Bans Sale And Consumption Of Alcohol by Liftme(f): 1:11pm On Mar 14, 2018
(1) Ahmed wanna chase other tribes out, cos I dont even get this law/ban.
(2) A state that is under developed is banning .... Haha, you think Dangote Flour, Tuyil, Sam pharmaceutical, and Lubcon is enof abi
(3) He should just ban sales of weed and hard drugs too. Thats what the guys in Ilorin consumes most... Well I guess he won't, because he is a master in that. ..
Re: Kwara State Governor Bans Sale And Consumption Of Alcohol by orisa37: 1:13pm On Mar 14, 2018
The Craze began during Buhari/Idiagbon.
Re: Kwara State Governor Bans Sale And Consumption Of Alcohol by Shaev7(m): 1:29pm On Mar 14, 2018
Thetruthsayer10:
nothing go happen for offa the law is a restriction in certain places in Ilorin alone it doesn’t affect the whole of Kwara State
oh okay.
Re: Kwara State Governor Bans Sale And Consumption Of Alcohol by Ndaemtso(m): 1:35pm On Mar 14, 2018
"KWARA DRUNKARDS ON THE STREET OF ILORIN PROTESTING" LOADING... ... ...
Re: Kwara State Governor Bans Sale And Consumption Of Alcohol by ThisTrend(f): 2:00pm On Mar 14, 2018
sarrki:

That should be the main city

Dominated predominantly by the indigenes

The Oloje,Alore,pakata,Ajimobi,ita olorun oje, kuntu,okekere, ode afa NDA, ojagboro,baboko,ita kurumo and so on and on

Sarrki, do you live in Ilorin??
Re: Kwara State Governor Bans Sale And Consumption Of Alcohol by imam07: 5:26pm On Mar 14, 2018
And for in mind, he go still want to dey collect tax from people doing the business in that area. This same man that people knows for weed smoker.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Oshiomhole’s 'Dark Side' Documentary By Kabiru Adjoto Airs January, 30 / Aisha Buhari Saw Husband In London – Group / Atiku Meets PDP Leaders In Minna (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.