Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,882 members, 7,802,848 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:14 PM

Before You Marry A Fulani Lady: 3 Important Things To Know - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Before You Marry A Fulani Lady: 3 Important Things To Know (49097 Views)

Important Things You Should Know About The Igbo Traditional Wedding / Martha Dunkwu, The Omu Of Anioma: As Queen, I Can Only Marry A Woman / Meet Wodaabe Men, A Fulani Ethnic Group Who Make-up For Easy Marriage, (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Before You Marry A Fulani Lady: 3 Important Things To Know by Segzee1(m): 10:40am On Mar 14, 2018
3 Important Things to Know Before You Marry Fulani Lady

The Fulani people are one of the most widely spread tribes in the world. They are predominantly found in West Africa and northern parts of Central Africa. Some of these countries include; Nigeria, Guinea, Mali, Burkina Faso, Cameroun and Senegal. The Fulani people of Nigeria are mainly pastoral; they move across vast areas of land and come across different cultures.

They speak Hausa, French, English and Fulfulde or Fula language. They are mostly Muslims and they follow Islamic laws like the Hausas.

The Fulani traditional marriage ceremony is one of the best traditions that have been preserved in Nigeria.

Although marriages in Nigerian tribes are sacred, the Fulani traditional marriage is highly exceptional as a lot of spirituality and traditional values are accorded to marriage.

The Fulani people practice a kind of marriage system that can be best described as ‘endogamy’ (marriage within an ethnic group), a tradition that is gradually going into extinction as inter-tribal marriages are now common among the tribe.

However, there are three important things you must know if you must marry a Fulani lady.

These three things are what makes the marriage to be sacred:

#1 Kowgal (payment of dowry)

Like other tribes in Nigerian culture, the payment of dowry is very important to the Fulani people as the bride will not be allowed to move in with the groom without the payment. The dowry is usually paid in form of herds of cattle to the bride’s father while the bride price which is gift items are given to the bride herself.

#2 Sharo (flogging)
This is the most interesting and difficult part of the marriage ceremony as the groom-to-be will have to be flogged before he can marry the lady.

I know by now you will be wondering why the groom has to be flogged before marrying the bride. This is because the Fulani people cherish their females and they always do everything possible to protect them. They believe that if a man can withstand the flogging definitely he will be able to protect their daughter.

Guy, if you must marry a Fulani lady abeg rethink am now before is too late.

But once you can endure the flogging, the babe becomes yours.

#3 Kabbal (Celebration)
This is just a wedding ceremony and this usually takes place after the dowry and other marriage rites have been completed.

https://dailyfamily.ng/3-important-things-to-know-before-you-marry-fulani-lady/

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Before You Marry A Fulani Lady: 3 Important Things To Know by Segzee1(m): 10:40am On Mar 14, 2018
angry

Meanwhile, Igbo ladies are pretty, wonderful and above all very faithful in marriage. But there are things to know about them check it here https://dailyfamily.ng/important-things-you-must-know-before-you-marry-an-igbo-lady/

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Before You Marry A Fulani Lady: 3 Important Things To Know by oxygenlove(m): 10:43am On Mar 14, 2018
Then Your Offspring Will Nw Become Fulani Herdsmen

153 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Before You Marry A Fulani Lady: 3 Important Things To Know by XhosaNostra(f): 10:51am On Mar 14, 2018
This is actually very similar to how we do things in my culture. I've seen the "flogging", but I never understood what it was for. It's usually done playfully by the females in attendance. Not a serious beatdown & the groom is covered with a blanket so he doesn't get hurt lol.

Who does the beating & how serious is it? Just curious.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Before You Marry A Fulani Lady: 3 Important Things To Know by Segzee1(m): 10:55am On Mar 14, 2018
XhosaNostra:
This is actually very similar to how we do things in my culture. I've seen the "flogging", but I never understood what it was for. It's usually done playfully by the females in attendance. Not a serious beatdown & the groom is covered with a blanket so he doesn't get hurt lol.

Pls where are you from?

2 Likes

Re: Before You Marry A Fulani Lady: 3 Important Things To Know by XhosaNostra(f): 10:59am On Mar 14, 2018
Segzee1:

Pls where are you from?

I'm South African.

Can you please answer the question.

2 Likes

Re: Before You Marry A Fulani Lady: 3 Important Things To Know by jaykins: 11:02am On Mar 14, 2018
who in this country is dreaming, thinking, imagining, i don't even know which word to use. who dey ever think to marry a Fulani babe, does the person want to become cow inlaw? Anyways, if you will like to marry an ijebu girl, click this http:///2Hw7LrO

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Before You Marry A Fulani Lady: 3 Important Things To Know by Aakintola(m): 11:08am On Mar 14, 2018
XhosaNostra:

I'm South African.

Can you please answer the question.
[quote author=XhosaNostra post=65825985]

Are there Fulani herdsmen in South Africa �

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Before You Marry A Fulani Lady: 3 Important Things To Know by Segzee1(m): 11:09am On Mar 14, 2018
XhosaNostra:

Thanks for replying.

Just like it is written in the article above, the kind of flogging here mentioned is different from that of your tradition. The flogging is a serious one and it is being carried out by young men from the bride's family.

It is believed that if the man is able to withstand the pain definitely he truly love the lady and also he would be able to protect her from any form of danger.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Before You Marry A Fulani Lady: 3 Important Things To Know by XhosaNostra(f): 11:09am On Mar 14, 2018
[quote author=Aakintola post=65826239][/quote]

No. We'd deal with them grin

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Before You Marry A Fulani Lady: 3 Important Things To Know by XhosaNostra(f): 11:11am On Mar 14, 2018
Segzee1:

Thanks for replying.

Just like it is written in the article above, the kind of flogging here mentioned is different from that of your tradition. The flogging is a serious one and it is being carried out by young men from the bride's family.

It is believed that if the man is able to withstand the pain definitely he truly love the lady and also he would be able to protect her from any form of danger.

Wow. Ok. Thanks for the enlightenment.
Re: Before You Marry A Fulani Lady: 3 Important Things To Know by Segzee1(m): 11:12am On Mar 14, 2018
XhosaNostra:

Wow. Ok. Thanks for the enlightenment.

You are welcome. Please check your email. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Before You Marry A Fulani Lady: 3 Important Things To Know by Segzee1(m): 11:16am On Mar 14, 2018
jaykins:
who in this country is dreaming, thinking, imagining, i don't even know which word to use. who dey ever think to marry a Fulani babe, does the person want to become cow inlaw?

That is "Hate Speech" pls remember the punishment.

But come are you saying our president is a Cow? angry

4 Likes

Re: Before You Marry A Fulani Lady: 3 Important Things To Know by Aakintola(m): 11:18am On Mar 14, 2018
Segzee1:

You are welcome. Please check your email. Thanks

*clearMyThroat* lipsrsealed

36 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Before You Marry A Fulani Lady: 3 Important Things To Know by Nobody: 11:25am On Mar 14, 2018
grin na d koboko part interest me pass in all their wedding procedure.i heard b4 u marry a fulani girl they must give u 250 lashes of d koboko for ur naked backcheesy.and if u cry they resume the counting of d lashingcheesy.

7 Likes

Re: Before You Marry A Fulani Lady: 3 Important Things To Know by Nobody: 11:27am On Mar 14, 2018
cheesy cheesy Their girls dey fine wella
lefulefu:
grin na d koboko part interest me pass in all their wedding procedure.i heard b4 u marry a fulani girl they must give u 250 lashes of d koboko for ur naked backcheesy.and if u cry they resume the counting of d lashingcheesy.

2 Likes

Re: Before You Marry A Fulani Lady: 3 Important Things To Know by Nobody: 11:28am On Mar 14, 2018
Segzee1:

Thanks for replying.

so dat means if u first get beef with one of the girl brother and na d brother dem come asign make im koboko ur back dat one na die nacheesy.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Before You Marry A Fulani Lady: 3 Important Things To Know by Nobody: 11:33am On Mar 14, 2018
DonPiiko:
cheesy cheesy Their girls dey fine wella
of course i know dat nacheesy. Many of their women boku for her. A number of dem dey sell one drink dem call nunu. Some guys dey buy d drink from dem but fear no let me buy am cos d drink no look clean.
Re: Before You Marry A Fulani Lady: 3 Important Things To Know by Nobody: 12:09pm On Mar 14, 2018
I drink it o but not from the herdswomen I go to a place called Yahuza, it tastes really nice and it's produced hygienically
lefulefu:
of course i know dat nacheesy. Many of their women boku for her. A number of dem dey sell one drink dem call nunu. Some guys dey buy d drink from dem but fear no let me buy am cos d drink no look clean.
Re: Before You Marry A Fulani Lady: 3 Important Things To Know by lenghtinny(m): 12:56pm On Mar 14, 2018
[quote author=Aakintola post=65826239][/quote] gringringrin
Re: Before You Marry A Fulani Lady: 3 Important Things To Know by Segzee1(m): 2:21pm On Mar 14, 2018
lefulefu:
so dat means if u first get beef with one of the girl brother and na d brother dem come asign make im koboko ur back dat one na die nacheesy.

Guy na COMFIRMED DIE be that! grin grin grin grin grin grin

5 Likes

Re: Before You Marry A Fulani Lady: 3 Important Things To Know by Desultan(m): 2:29pm On Mar 14, 2018
What if the babe dies a day after the guy was caned. Will the babe family replace or the guy goes for another round of shiro?

9 Likes

Re: Before You Marry A Fulani Lady: 3 Important Things To Know by Segzee1(m): 2:34pm On Mar 14, 2018
Desultan:
What if the babe dies a day after the guy was caned. Will the babe family replace or the guy goes for another round of shiro?

Lol.......Suffer Continues..... grin grin grin grin grin grin

7 Likes

Re: Before You Marry A Fulani Lady: 3 Important Things To Know by Hemanwel(m): 3:15pm On Mar 14, 2018
What am I looking for in a Fulani lady that my beautiful Bini woman cannor give?? Is it love? Is it faithfulness?? Or is it sex?
My Bini wife rocks my world! If I were to do it all over again, I would choose my Bini wife.
Banky W can also testify to my submissions.

10 Likes

Re: Before You Marry A Fulani Lady: 3 Important Things To Know by Nobody: 3:15pm On Mar 14, 2018
this is really funny!

meanwhile

Let's have a little review on today's match between the Barcelona fc and Chelsea fc otherwise called the Pensioners club!

Well, im sure you are well lettered that the both teams have met couple of times over the last few years.

Let's take a look at what happened 2 meetings ago with the Catalian giant.

Do you know that during the recent two meetings, which many has described as a duel that has no definite conqueror! Maybe i'll agree with them to some extent.
In 2009, the first team to be at home was Barcelona, what they played a goaless 0-0 draw. Chelsea drew them at home and after some fortnight later they (Barcelona) came visiting at the Stamford's bridge. They scored a late goal courtesy of Iniesta, at some exact of 93+ minutes. They sent the London Blues packing from the 'Champé'. I couldn't cry that day, I actually skipped my Dinner.
It was only three years later, the archaic rivals were paired once more, and now it was a new story in its entirety.
2012 and it was Barcelona vs chelsea in the same semis and chelsea had the day after Barca got beating at first leg with a goal to Nil. The late goal of Ramires made chelsea advanced to the Final. Yeah, many people remembered that.

Maybe as the Rastaferians will say
'Don't worry about a thing, every little thing is gonna be alright'
I'm not so worried, yes I'm a Chelsea fan. Truly wouldn't it be a lack of No6 usage if one fails to think what the score board will be at 23:00 gmt today 14/3/2018.
I hope with the goal apiece we got at the bridge made chelsea fc lagging on the opportunity table and putting their counterpart (barca) becoming the favourite!
I think if Barcelona are so full of pity for chelsea, maybe it'll be a 3 goal win to 1 for chelsea. So I think, but what do I know?

I think chelsea should please go to Nou camp with a full zeal of winning!

Let's wait and see what happens in some hours from now.

Drabeey wrote this!

1 Like

Re: Before You Marry A Fulani Lady: 3 Important Things To Know by YhungPablo(m): 3:16pm On Mar 14, 2018
The dowry is usually paid in form of herds of cattle to the bride’s father ...Hmmm ..

2 Likes

Re: Before You Marry A Fulani Lady: 3 Important Things To Know by gerrardomendes(m): 3:17pm On Mar 14, 2018
And then you will beget a dullard

1 Like

Re: Before You Marry A Fulani Lady: 3 Important Things To Know by Nobody: 3:18pm On Mar 14, 2018
lefulefu:
this got me laffn hard.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Before You Marry A Fulani Lady: 3 Important Things To Know by Caustics: 3:18pm On Mar 14, 2018
Re: Before You Marry A Fulani Lady: 3 Important Things To Know by xynerise: 3:18pm On Mar 14, 2018
Fulani seems to be the most hated tribe on the planet recently grin

I don't think the "Sharo" part applies to the Rich and Elites...

Are you saying Buhari was flogged before he married Aisha? undecided

12 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Moment Oba Of Lagos Returned To His Palace After Two Months (Video) / Pictures Of Emir Palaces In The North, Where Tradition And Modernity Blend Well / Ooni Performs Ifa Festival Where Kolanut Is Mysteriously Swallowed By Ground(piç

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.