Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,468 members, 7,808,686 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:20 PM

Perfect Payback For Lecturer Who Failed Me For 6 Years In The University - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Perfect Payback For Lecturer Who Failed Me For 6 Years In The University (46008 Views)

Dr Adetunji Adeyanju, The UNILAG Maths Lecturer Who Spent 25 Years To Obtain PhD / How I Paid Back LAUTECH Lecturer Who Failed Me For 6 Years In The University. / Re: “how I Made A Perfect Payback For A Lecturer Who Failed Me For 6 Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Perfect Payback For Lecturer Who Failed Me For 6 Years In The University by Lautechgossip(m): 10:45am On Mar 14, 2018
My first day in the biology laboratory was a dreadful one. During a briefing session a day before we were to have practical during my 100level, We had been told that it is a customary to always put on the ‘laboratory coat’ each and every time we have practicals, hence whosoever without the laboratory coat will be punished.

I’d no money as at that time to buy laboratory coat, and the first practical came just too soon. I couldn’t borrow as my only friend in the school then was Asiwaju Olalekan Godson Ayodeji. Anyway, I knew breaking the rule of not putting a ‘laboratory coat’ was a bad idea but I was young and wrong to take that risk.

I had no choice than to enter into the laboratory room to get engaged with my fellow departmental mates.

Not quite long after I entered the lab, one of the biology lecturer who handled biology practical came around. He spotted few of us without the ‘laboratory coat’ and decided to play a fast track on us, he wanted to get hold of us. I was fortunate to be sitting near the entrance door, so I got away.

He was able to lay hands on few guys unaware but everyone of us that escaped went into his black book. He called our class rep then, and collected our matric numbers. Printed them and pasted them in his office. It was printed boldly.

That was how myself and other guys that ran away failed Both the practical and the actual Biology course that year.

Personally, I sat for the same courses for good 6years; making it 6 different times entirely.

On my third year of rewriting, I summoned courage to visit him in his office. I went to see him to plead with him, he didn’t know me, he only knew of my matric number. So I’d to take the bull by the horn to explain what had happened. He laughed wickedly and angrily sent me away, I returned the next day. He told me, if I return again then it would be very bad and I won’t like it. I left him for a week. I consulted my advisor, Dr. Mrs Adigun. I explained everything to her… She told me, I should give him time, and to return to him after sometime. That he may consider my ‘show of repentance’. So I didn’t return for like a month.

Then one day, I was returning from a friend’s place Osisami Babalola Enitan on Friday after I had gone to play chess, I saw him also returning from the mosque. We both met along the school former fine-art department, just by the way that leads to Alata eatery, Under G.

I quickly used the opportunity of meeting him just coming from the mosque to plead yet again. He treated me like ‘shit’

He still went on to fail me even in my 400level. On my final year, I went to him, then I was married. I took my pregnant wife to plead with him. He walked us out and told us never to come again. He promised to report to the school security. So we left.

He failed me for 5 years consecutively. It was hard for me.

I wept for days.

I told my parents, and few friends.. It prevented me from going for NYSC with my class 13′ set.

Then I turned to God. Yes, I was guilty and I deserved punishment but that was too much. I prayed ‘no be small’. So many different phases of life, most times it is always our fault that we find ourselves in difficult situations but immediately we get to seek God for help, he surely always provide us a solution to all of our problems. I seek God’s face and he never fails.

That biology course was taken away from him and was given to someone else, it was given to another Dr. I can never forget him.

I registered as a spill-over student, and sat for it, I borrowed 4 other courses to boost my CGPA, I collected my result and my biology 101, 102,104 and 106 were all A(s).

That was how I got cleared.

Moving forward, During my service year, after I redeployed from Abia state to Oyo, I was posted to the West Africa examination council. (Waec) Ijokodo, Ibadan. Great place with wonderful people. On my great work ethics, being dutiful and so diligent during my service year, I was given the green card and permitted at all time to work during their examination and marking exercise each and every time I so wish. Oluwafemi Martins my great boss, one of the great people I had worked with.

Coincidentally, I was officially sent to Ogbomoso marking venue as an assistant subject examination officer to partner my Waec daddy

I was handling Biology and chemistry subjects.

For the ones who don’t understand the whole drama during the Waec marking exercise.

We give out the examination scripts to qualified teachers or graduates with the certification in their specified subjects for marking and recording during a stipulated period of 21/23

So that day in April, there was a long queue of Examiners waiting to submit their CV. Then this Dr. lecturer that failed me for 5years was on the queue too, I’d spotted him.

My wonderful Waec daddy was beside me, he asked while I was smiling, I simply told him that something funny will soon happen, and when it was this Dr’s turn, He greeted and called me “sir” (bending his head). I quickly stood up to greet him too. But I was so surprised, he didn’t recognize my face. Apparently, he would never have thought and believe and to be possible for the young man in front of him to be me.

So I pretended as if I had nothing in mind too, I was going through his CV when he started pleading that he really needed my help concerning this marking stuff, he told me he came along with his daughter who is a gate crasher ( these are people who are new to the marking system) and his wife who also had marked for a long time but needed to mark too.

He told me Ladoke Akintola university of technology had been on strike for over a year and nothing seemed fine, no salary. No money and nothing at all. I should help him. At that point I told him to call his wife and daughter. He did. I then asked him; “Sir, Is it truly that you do not recognize my face?”

He said, “ehn! It’s like this face is familiar o but you know there are many people like that I can’t remember. I can’t really remember where and when I had seen your face”. I told him to try, that I will only help him if he can remember where we had met and when..

He didn’t remember so I helped him out with my surname, I told him. “This is Akeju, the guy you failed for consecutive 5 years. The guy that brought his pregnant wife to beg you but still, you sent us away”.

At that point, he was dumbfounded. He left without saying a word. His wife and daughter were confused and everyone on the queue too. His wife asked what the matter was, I told her to go and ask her husband.

Shortly, His wife and daughter returned. He had explained everything, they knelt down and asked for forgiveness. I smiled and asked them to tell him to come back. He had gone home. In the evening he did returned.

He asked for forgiveness, and I did forgave him. More than he had asked for, I granted him all of his requests. We were not permitted to give more than a packet packed of scripts but I gave him more than one. Just for him to make more money. He wept uncontrollably.

Matthew 5:44 “But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you”.

I only know of the way of doing good even unto them that do me evil.

Till I left ogbomoso, he was always calling because I had put enough food on his table and not only him, but also for his family during that difficult period they were going through.

It’s left to him, if he will change or not.

Our tomorrow isn’t promised.

http://fabinfos.com/must-read-story-perfect-payback-for-lecturer-who-failed-me-for-6-years-in-the-university/

615 Likes 102 Shares

Re: Perfect Payback For Lecturer Who Failed Me For 6 Years In The University by Sapnaprem(f): 10:48am On Mar 14, 2018
this one na epistle? abeg where make i start from?

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Perfect Payback For Lecturer Who Failed Me For 6 Years In The University by eddybrigs: 10:57am On Mar 14, 2018
I love this please this should make the front page

197 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Perfect Payback For Lecturer Who Failed Me For 6 Years In The University by Kutis2030(m): 10:58am On Mar 14, 2018
too long jor
Re: Perfect Payback For Lecturer Who Failed Me For 6 Years In The University by Rawged: 11:02am On Mar 14, 2018
Religion of peace Indeed,, what do they gain from wickedness, these fanatics?? ... They should modify there religion of peace abeg so others can live with them... Unforgiven and unrepentant fool feeling he has arrived... Empty black daft old fool.... In fact am Bittered by his arrogance.... God bless you my brother... Your achievements are many to reckon with...

LIVE AND LET OTHER LIVE......

190 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Perfect Payback For Lecturer Who Failed Me For 6 Years In The University by otokx(m): 11:02am On Mar 14, 2018
Interesting, in university nowadays a course/practical is handled by more than 2 lecturers, students who feel oppressed can apply to the Dean of Faculty to seek redress and if not satisfied can approach the ethics committee.

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Perfect Payback For Lecturer Who Failed Me For 6 Years In The University by Eastatlantaniqqa(m): 11:06am On Mar 14, 2018
hmm nice

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Perfect Payback For Lecturer Who Failed Me For 6 Years In The University by Baawaa(m): 11:12am On Mar 14, 2018
If we should give this drama a title, the title will be "No Condition is Permanent".
What a lesson for those that want to learn

112 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Perfect Payback For Lecturer Who Failed Me For 6 Years In The University by Baawaa(m): 11:16am On Mar 14, 2018
Kutis2030:
too long jor
Too long jor!If it is blue film of 3 hours it wouldn't be too long, grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

200 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Perfect Payback For Lecturer Who Failed Me For 6 Years In The University by Stephaustin(m): 11:31am On Mar 14, 2018
I really love what you did.
Congratulations and a million thanks to you for showing him the light, for he was in darkness.
God bless you sir.

As for my fellow Nigerians who can't read a simple write up that will take you about 2 minutes, but still comment nonsense,
Did you not see the title of the post?
You could have learnt something from it.
Why don't you save or bookmark the page, and then read at your convenience?

It's not a curse; but if care is not taken, one day, one will miss an opportunity that can positively change one's life forever.

Patience is a virtue!

178 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Perfect Payback For Lecturer Who Failed Me For 6 Years In The University by teekay213(m): 11:37am On Mar 14, 2018
If I was you,I will have happily killed him after the second begging and God will have been very proud of me.

To those that will say killing is not the best option.

What happened to pharaoh and his army for trying to stop them for reaching their promise Land. God kill them all.

And it's not all stories like this that end with happy ending, some students might have committed suicide out of frustration.

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: Perfect Payback For Lecturer Who Failed Me For 6 Years In The University by PapaNnamdi: 12:00pm On Mar 14, 2018
teekay213:
If I was you,I will have happily killed him after the second begging and God will have been very proud of me.

To those that will say killing is not the best option.

What happened to pharaoh and his army for trying to stop them for reaching their promise Land. God kill them all.

And it's not all stories like this that end with happy ending, some students might have committed suicide out of frustration.

My friend keep chut

24 Likes

Re: Perfect Payback For Lecturer Who Failed Me For 6 Years In The University by icebird25(m): 12:12pm On Mar 14, 2018
Plz whats the name of the movie... I no say this one na pure nollywood

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Perfect Payback For Lecturer Who Failed Me For 6 Years In The University by Biglittlelois(f): 12:19pm On Mar 14, 2018
For the ones above complaining, read, read, read, it can change your life one way or the other,
Op you tried, it's good to be good, someone that failed you for 5 years and you forgave just like that, you really tried ooo

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Perfect Payback For Lecturer Who Failed Me For 6 Years In The University by miracool946: 12:20pm On Mar 14, 2018
t
Re: Perfect Payback For Lecturer Who Failed Me For 6 Years In The University by ALAYORMII: 12:20pm On Mar 14, 2018
Love what you did

Delay isn't denial

4 Likes

Re: Perfect Payback For Lecturer Who Failed Me For 6 Years In The University by yomalex(m): 12:21pm On Mar 14, 2018
hmm
Re: Perfect Payback For Lecturer Who Failed Me For 6 Years In The University by duroc(m): 12:21pm On Mar 14, 2018
Wow
Re: Perfect Payback For Lecturer Who Failed Me For 6 Years In The University by BruncleZuma: 12:21pm On Mar 14, 2018
grin grin grin grin

Good one Op, but I hope say no be WAEC paid time you carry dey write this "Karma is a Female Dog" story?

1 Like

Re: Perfect Payback For Lecturer Who Failed Me For 6 Years In The University by MANNABBQGRILLS: 12:22pm On Mar 14, 2018
THE BEST PAYBACK : SUCCESS!

26 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Perfect Payback For Lecturer Who Failed Me For 6 Years In The University by Nobody: 12:23pm On Mar 14, 2018
grin
Re: Perfect Payback For Lecturer Who Failed Me For 6 Years In The University by AntiWailer: 12:23pm On Mar 14, 2018
Lol
Re: Perfect Payback For Lecturer Who Failed Me For 6 Years In The University by ULSHERLAN(m): 12:23pm On Mar 14, 2018
Lautech

1 Like

Re: Perfect Payback For Lecturer Who Failed Me For 6 Years In The University by Tjohnnay: 12:24pm On Mar 14, 2018
Hmm

Story
Re: Perfect Payback For Lecturer Who Failed Me For 6 Years In The University by adecz: 12:25pm On Mar 14, 2018
Boring... undecided
Re: Perfect Payback For Lecturer Who Failed Me For 6 Years In The University by FarahAideed: 12:25pm On Mar 14, 2018
This story sounds fake sha

2 Likes

Re: Perfect Payback For Lecturer Who Failed Me For 6 Years In The University by Liftedhands(f): 12:26pm On Mar 14, 2018
Nice one! Its good you forgave him like Christ wanted us to.

5 Likes

Re: Perfect Payback For Lecturer Who Failed Me For 6 Years In The University by traeces(m): 12:27pm On Mar 14, 2018
Re: Perfect Payback For Lecturer Who Failed Me For 6 Years In The University by SirLakes: 12:28pm On Mar 14, 2018
This fabu e dey madt gan, dis your Tori no dey add up

Bet, wehdone Sir

Which kain lecturer get time reach that one, moreover what you did gan e no warrant failing of test sef

What do I know sha

Re: Perfect Payback For Lecturer Who Failed Me For 6 Years In The University by Intrepid01(m): 12:28pm On Mar 14, 2018
Thank you for the lesson on forgiveness, thank you for taking the time to write all this....may God fully reward you for your act and heart of forgiveness.....Lesson learned.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Perfect Payback For Lecturer Who Failed Me For 6 Years In The University by traeces(m): 12:28pm On Mar 14, 2018
You probably have heard of the guy that never believes anyone that fails a course and claims "lecturer failed me", that guy is me but reading through this story, I could only shake my head and wonder at the amount of baggage people carry. How can a lecturer make someone take his course for 6 years and when the same course was given to another lecturer, this same student scored an A?

Even though I am a christian trying everyday to better resemble Christ my lord, the OP's reaction at a time he had perfect opportunity for payback is a real challenge to my own heart. I would have been tempted to arrange the guys in this video (laskilla beating services) for the lecturer in my second year grin grin grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mzsdhcfTxpI

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Perfect Payback For Lecturer Who Failed Me For 6 Years In The University by michaelwilli(m): 12:29pm On Mar 14, 2018
Nice one bro. He'll be so afraid to fail students

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

OAU-Ife Lecturer, Foluke Ogunleye Is Dead / Nigeria Maritime University: A Place To Visit (Photos) / Amazing Words You Didn't Know Existed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.