Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,228 members, 7,780,436 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 02:14 PM

5 Delicious Dishes From Across Africa - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / 5 Delicious Dishes From Across Africa (16745 Views)

See Rice Dishes From Other Countries. (pictures) / How To Prepare All Kind Of Delicious Dishes / 5 Delicious Soups And Delicacies You Should Try! See Photos.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Delicious Dishes From Across Africa by Opinionated: 12:09pm On Mar 14, 2018
When traveling Africa, you do not need to worry about what to eat as the continent offers a potpourri of delicious foods. This should not be a surprise considering Africa’s colorful cultural heritage which has influenced what we eat for decades. As such, Jumia Food shares some of the delicious and popular foods you must try in Africa.

Nyama Choma, Kenya

Kenya is a popular African travel destination and one of the foods you must not miss on a visit to the country is Nyama Choma (roasted meat). Kenyans love nyama choma, and it is the preferred means of celebrating birthdays, weddings and visiting guests.

Bunny chow, South Africa

Bunny chow is a South African dish consisting of a hollowed out loaf of bread filled with curry. It is a treasured South African street food. It is available as takeaways in all major cities, but to get the best bunnies you have to go to Durban.

Shakshouka, North Africa

Shakshouka is a delicious dish made with eggs, parsley, onions, garlic and tomatoes. The eggs are poached in the sauce made with other ingredients and spiced with cumin. It is mostly consumed in North Africa in countries like Tunisia, Libya, Algeria and Egypt.

Jollof Rice, Nigeria

Jollof Rice is Nigeria’s most popular cuisine. This single cuisine has led to intense spat between Nigerians and Ghanaians on which country prepare the best Jollof. Your visit to Nigeria is incomplete without tasting Jollof. You can visit Jumia Food to check out restaurants you can order Jollof from.

Cholent, Morocco

Cholent is a traditional Jewish dish usually made with sliced potatoes, beans, meat stew, barley, onions and flavoured seasoning. The food is cooked overnight for close to 12 hours and eaten on Shabbat for lunch. You will find this delicious dish in Morocco.

Source: 5 Delicious Dishes From Across Africa

cc: lalasticlala mynd44

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Delicious Dishes From Across Africa by businessempire: 1:14pm On Mar 14, 2018
Nigerian dishes are the best...

If you have traveled to other African countries you will agree with me

If you know you know

Na Glo chop ftc sha Glo Glo if you know you know

12 Likes

Re: 5 Delicious Dishes From Across Africa by VIPERVENOM(m): 1:14pm On Mar 14, 2018
Jollof rice beats them all

businessempire:
Gh

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Delicious Dishes From Across Africa by adecz: 1:14pm On Mar 14, 2018
cool

Specially prepared breakfast for a loved one kiss

Or a succulent yam porridge or pottage for lunch...

The Nigerian jolloff looks too dry tho...

2 Likes

Re: 5 Delicious Dishes From Across Africa by businessempire: 1:14pm On Mar 14, 2018
Nigerian dishes are very rich. You will see loads crayfish stock fish and every yummy yummy stuff but in other African countries their food is poor.. This is not hearsay Its from my personal experience. Each time I leave Nigeria my problem is always FOOD

7 Likes

Re: 5 Delicious Dishes From Across Africa by madridguy(m): 1:14pm On Mar 14, 2018
Seen
Re: 5 Delicious Dishes From Across Africa by newsheriffintown: 1:15pm On Mar 14, 2018
no Eba with draw soup
no garri soaking
no akamu
no beans with frd plantains
no ewadu
no vegetable soup
no banga soup
no pepper soup
no bread and tea
no bread and agara
no bread and beans
no suya
no okro soup
no egusi soup
no rice and stew
no fry or boiled yam with beans or stew
no coco yam
no Tuwo Shinkafa
no fura da nono

op This is MADNESS

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Delicious Dishes From Across Africa by NOC1(m): 1:15pm On Mar 14, 2018
Did they call it shaku shaku I mean that North African yummy sumptuous looking meal.
Re: 5 Delicious Dishes From Across Africa by Nobody: 1:16pm On Mar 14, 2018
angry
Re: 5 Delicious Dishes From Across Africa by Enmas078(m): 1:16pm On Mar 14, 2018
See saw seen

1 Like

Re: 5 Delicious Dishes From Across Africa by olumose001(m): 1:16pm On Mar 14, 2018
wow, now I'm hungry

2 Likes

Re: 5 Delicious Dishes From Across Africa by stefanweeks: 1:16pm On Mar 14, 2018
Odiegwu
Re: 5 Delicious Dishes From Across Africa by Dollabiz: 1:17pm On Mar 14, 2018
Goood
Re: 5 Delicious Dishes From Across Africa by Nobody: 1:18pm On Mar 14, 2018
Ghana Banku, Nigeria Pounded Yam, Ghana jollof rice (wanke) and Nigeria jollof are my favourite. Still yearning to try more cuisines from other Africa countries.

8 Likes

Re: 5 Delicious Dishes From Across Africa by ariyebaba(m): 1:19pm On Mar 14, 2018
A Senegalese woman i met here in Nigeria said they own jollof rice

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Delicious Dishes From Across Africa by ChiefSweetus: 1:20pm On Mar 14, 2018
That Morocco food no be ebo sacrifice??!?? shocked shocked shocked shocked

6 Likes

Re: 5 Delicious Dishes From Across Africa by Nobody: 1:20pm On Mar 14, 2018
Nyama Choma Nyama Chioma, Kenya

Kenya is a popular African travel destination and one of the foods you must not miss on a visit to the country is Nyama Choma (roasted meat). Kenyans love nyama choma, and it is the preferred means of celebrating birthdays, weddings and visiting guests.

Shakshouka Shaku Shaku, North Africa

Shakshouka is a delicious dish made with eggs, parsley, onions, garlic and tomatoes. The eggs are poached in the sauce made with other ingredients and spiced with cumin. It is mostly consumed in North Africa in countries like Tunisia, Libya, Algeria and Egypt.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Delicious Dishes From Across Africa by dayleke: 1:22pm On Mar 14, 2018
That Nyama choma make sense die....

With a lil bit of "Ughalli" on the side...(spelling may be wrong sha)

And a lil bit of diced tomatoes, green onions, spices n oil....finger licking good.

3 Likes

Re: 5 Delicious Dishes From Across Africa by MorataFC: 1:24pm On Mar 14, 2018
Okro Soup, Man U

11 Likes

Re: 5 Delicious Dishes From Across Africa by MorataFC: 1:24pm On Mar 14, 2018
dayleke:
That Nyama choma make sense die....

With a lil bit of "Ughalli" on the side...(spelling may be wrong sha)
Re: 5 Delicious Dishes From Across Africa by Hemjayy: 1:25pm On Mar 14, 2018
Where bread and akara dey?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Delicious Dishes From Across Africa by sambrow(m): 1:25pm On Mar 14, 2018
aaronson:
Ghana Banku, Nigeria Pounded Yam, Ghana jollof rice (wanke) and Nigeria jollof are my favourite. Still yearning to try more cuisines from other Africa countries.

U re correct bro. I enjoy their banku and chinkafa wanke

1 Like

Re: 5 Delicious Dishes From Across Africa by soberdrunk(m): 1:30pm On Mar 14, 2018
grin
Re: 5 Delicious Dishes From Across Africa by AreaFada2: 1:31pm On Mar 14, 2018
Tajine/maraq is far more popular in Maghreb.

Whether meat/chicken or vegetable or mixed tajine.

I like Moroccan tajine a lot.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Delicious Dishes From Across Africa by MANNABBQGRILLS: 1:31pm On Mar 14, 2018
OH LA LA!
Re: 5 Delicious Dishes From Across Africa by lukecent: 1:34pm On Mar 14, 2018
ariyebaba:

Jollof rice originated from Senegal.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Delicious Dishes From Across Africa by Opentokwowledge: 1:36pm On Mar 14, 2018
Guraatha, Aadis and salad from Sudan undecided

1 Like

Re: 5 Delicious Dishes From Across Africa by luwabrooklyn(m): 1:38pm On Mar 14, 2018
newsheriffintown:
no Eba with draw soup
no garri soaking
no akamu
no beans with frd plantains
no ewadu
no vegetable soup
no banga soup
no pepper soup
no bread and tea
no bread and agara
no bread and beans
no suya
no okro soup
no egusi soup
no rice and stew
no fry or boiled yam with beans or stew
no coco yam
no Tuwo Shinkafa
no fura da nono

op This is MADNESS
imagine oh no amala and abula missing iya moria canteen for dli unilag

1 Like

Re: 5 Delicious Dishes From Across Africa by Aniedi30(m): 1:43pm On Mar 14, 2018
Where is banku or Waakye? Or Foo Foo with light soup from Ghana... Abeg de list no complete

1 Like

Re: 5 Delicious Dishes From Across Africa by Iruobean(m): 1:44pm On Mar 14, 2018
angry
Re: 5 Delicious Dishes From Across Africa by Peinstein: 1:52pm On Mar 14, 2018
Always thought Nyama Choma was Rwandan. Nice to know.
Re: 5 Delicious Dishes From Across Africa by Nobody: 1:52pm On Mar 14, 2018
ariyebaba:

Jollof rice migrated from Senegal then settled in Nigeria. It was actually in an orphanage (Wolof orphanage) before Nigerian parents adopted it, cleaned it up, took care of it, gave it lots of love and made it famous.

6 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Igbo Name For Flaxseed / Why Do People Like Goat Meat? / How To Prepare Gbegiri Soup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.