Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,897 members, 7,802,891 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:57 AM

5 Delicious Dishes From Across Africa - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / 5 Delicious Dishes From Across Africa (16798 Views)

See Rice Dishes From Other Countries. (pictures) / How To Prepare All Kind Of Delicious Dishes / 5 Delicious Soups And Delicacies You Should Try! See Photos.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Delicious Dishes From Across Africa by oloriadejoke(f): 2:16pm On Mar 14, 2018
aside of the jollof rice other foods there will only make my toilet suffer

1 Like

Re: 5 Delicious Dishes From Across Africa by Mariangeles(f): 2:25pm On Mar 14, 2018
businessempire:
Nigerian dishes are very rich. You will see loads crayfish stock fish and every yummy yummy stuff but in other African countries their food is poor.. This is not hearsay Its from my personal experience. Each time I leave Nigeria my problem is always FOOD
I don't know you, but I like you!

You should see one thread an embarrassment called a Nigerian created on food section just talk about all sorts of nonsense of how she's tired of Nigerian foods, and blah, blah, blah...

1 Like

Re: 5 Delicious Dishes From Across Africa by Mariangeles(f): 2:43pm On Mar 14, 2018
ariyebaba:
A Senegalese woman i met here in Nigeria said they own jollof rice
Well...that's her business!
All I can say is that they might have invented "benachin" (Senegalese word for jollof rice) but we perfected jollof rice!

Plus, the Senegalese version is too complicated... but when it comes to Nigerian jollof rice, the possibilities are endless .

1 Like

Re: 5 Delicious Dishes From Across Africa by gmoni2(m): 2:48pm On Mar 14, 2018
ariyebaba:

True, Jollof rice is from the Wollof people. it was the re captives from Nigeria who were settled in the Gambia that are called Aku, that took it to Sierra-Leone and then to Lagos were they finally settled.

1 Like

Re: 5 Delicious Dishes From Across Africa by gwama: 3:14pm On Mar 14, 2018
Jollof rice is not a original nigerian food, the origine of this dish is Senegal, for nigerian, if you say egusi or ewedu I agree cool cool
Re: 5 Delicious Dishes From Across Africa by olabent85(m): 3:15pm On Mar 14, 2018
You should try chaksouka....delicious
Re: 5 Delicious Dishes From Across Africa by Neddyogu(m): 3:24pm On Mar 14, 2018
And indeed they do! the word 'jollof' actually derives from 'Wollof', a people original to Senegal and The Gambia. Senegal gave us four grin things i know; The River Niger, Kaftan, Jollof rice and the bloody Fulani. grin grin grin
Re: 5 Delicious Dishes From Across Africa by HallaDaTruth: 4:18pm On Mar 14, 2018
You forgot to add moimoi Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: 5 Delicious Dishes From Across Africa by EmmGee: 4:24pm On Mar 14, 2018
I guess chollent is also called "ful"
Re: 5 Delicious Dishes From Across Africa by EmmGee: 4:26pm On Mar 14, 2018
Opentokwowledge:
Guraatha, Aadis and salad from Sudan undecided
are you sudanese?
Re: 5 Delicious Dishes From Across Africa by maisauki: 4:52pm On Mar 14, 2018
as for me, na correct gbegiri and ewedu that befriend amala go do
Re: 5 Delicious Dishes From Across Africa by Opentokwowledge: 5:22pm On Mar 14, 2018
EmmGee:

are you sudanese?
Nope. Are you?
Re: 5 Delicious Dishes From Across Africa by XhosaNostra(f): 5:29pm On Mar 14, 2018
businessempire:
Nigerian dishes are very rich. You will see loads crayfish stock fish and every yummy yummy stuff but in other African countries their food is poor.. This is not hearsay Its from my personal experience. Each time I leave Nigeria my problem is always FOOD

I think everyone will say that about their country's food though. What's "yummy yummy" to you, looks inedible to someone else. I've seen stuff that looks like something that came straight out of a diaper here grin

1 Like

Re: 5 Delicious Dishes From Across Africa by Lionessza(f): 5:43pm On Mar 14, 2018
XhosaNostra:

I think everyone will say that about their country's food though. What's "yummy yummy" to you, looks inedible to someone else. I've seen stuff that looks like something that came straight out of a diaper here grin

LOL, that's exactly what some people don't get. What looks good and tastes good for them might look or taste like something else to someone of a different nationality. They will argue up and down that their food is the best , even though it' s just an opinion ( blinded by patriotism in most cases grin).

1 Like

Re: 5 Delicious Dishes From Across Africa by XhosaNostra(f): 5:54pm On Mar 14, 2018
Lionessza:

LOL, that's exactly what some people don't get. What looks good and tastes good for them might look or taste like something else to someone of a different nationality. They will argue up and down that their food is the best , even though it' s just an opinion ( blinded by patriotism in most cases grin).

Simple! Our tastebuds are tantalized by different things. Example, my partner enjoys Ethiopian injera, but I can't stand it. I dislike the taste & the smell. I've tried it on more than one occasion & I figured it's just not my cup of tea.

1 Like

Re: 5 Delicious Dishes From Across Africa by businessempire: 6:04pm On Mar 14, 2018
XhosaNostra:

have you tried any Nigerian food before
Re: 5 Delicious Dishes From Across Africa by XhosaNostra(f): 6:05pm On Mar 14, 2018
businessempire:
have you tried any Nigerian food before

No.
Re: 5 Delicious Dishes From Across Africa by Lionessza(f): 6:05pm On Mar 14, 2018
XhosaNostra:

Simple! Our tastebuds are tantalized by different things. Example, my partner enjoys Ethiopian injera, but I can't stand it. I dislike the taste & the smell. I've tried it on more than one occasion & I figured it's just not my cup of tea.

Yup!. I've never tasted Ethiopian food, but their wraps look interesting , but I've never been tempted to taste . They are often vegetarian , I don't do vegetarian meals grin. Did you notice the Kenyan meal kinda sounds like chisa nyama lol.

1 Like

Re: 5 Delicious Dishes From Across Africa by businessempire: 6:05pm On Mar 14, 2018
XhosaNostra:

have you tried any Nigerian food before?. Like I stated it's my personal experience not hear say.
Re: 5 Delicious Dishes From Across Africa by EmmGee: 6:06pm On Mar 14, 2018
Opentokwowledge:
Nope. Are you?
nope but have stayed there.
Re: 5 Delicious Dishes From Across Africa by Opentokwowledge: 6:08pm On Mar 14, 2018
EmmGee:

nope but have stayed there.
I see. International University of Africa?
Re: 5 Delicious Dishes From Across Africa by businessempire: 6:08pm On Mar 14, 2018
XhosaNostra:

No.
You need to trust me.
Re: 5 Delicious Dishes From Across Africa by Nobody: 6:09pm On Mar 14, 2018
Actually, jollof rice came to Africa through Asia. So also fried rice. It's understandable cos rice originated from there too. There are many ways rice is used as delicacies including rice wine or rice cake but we are afraid to explore them. I noticed that we don't experiment with foods to create new recipes.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Delicious Dishes From Across Africa by XhosaNostra(f): 6:09pm On Mar 14, 2018
Lionessza:

Yup!. I've never tasted Ethiopian food, but their wraps look interesting , but I've never been tempted to taste . They are often vegetarian , I don't do vegetarian meals grin. Did you notice the Kenyan meal kinda sounds like chisa nyama lol.

Most Ethiopian food is actually very delicious. Plus it looks appetizing grin I love it, I just don't like injera.

I noticed that too about the Kenyan dish.

1 Like

Re: 5 Delicious Dishes From Across Africa by businessempire: 6:12pm On Mar 14, 2018
gwama:
Jollof rice is not a original nigerian food, the origine of this dish is Senegal, for nigerian, if you say egusi or ewedu I agree cool cool
haters shove it up ur ass

Re: 5 Delicious Dishes From Across Africa by kuuljay(m): 6:13pm On Mar 14, 2018
Cold bottle of kronenburg and this frog Psoup is bliss

Re: 5 Delicious Dishes From Across Africa by Lionessza(f): 6:19pm On Mar 14, 2018
XhosaNostra:

Most Ethiopian food is actually very delicious. Plus it looks appetizing grin I love it, I just don't like injera.

I noticed that too about the Kenyan dish.

You right about it, looking inviting cheesy.

1 Like

Re: 5 Delicious Dishes From Across Africa by Aweboyaweboy: 7:48pm On Mar 14, 2018
ariyebaba:
she is very correct. jollof is from wollof,a people of senegal. They brought jollof to d world
Re: 5 Delicious Dishes From Across Africa by Aweboyaweboy: 7:51pm On Mar 14, 2018
Try Benin rep jollof rice ,morrocan couscous,guinean pasta,
Re: 5 Delicious Dishes From Across Africa by TechAddiction: 8:03pm On Mar 14, 2018
aaronson:
Ghana Banku, Nigeria Pounded Yam, Ghana jollof rice (wanke) and Nigeria jollof are my favourite. Still yearning to try more cuisines from other Africa countries.

Baba, Ghana jollof rice is not called *WAAkYE*.... WAAkYE is rice nd beans mixed together which can be eaten wiv dier black pepper (shito).. cool
Re: 5 Delicious Dishes From Across Africa by EmmGee: 8:17pm On Mar 14, 2018
Opentokwowledge:
I see. International University of Africa?
hahaha. You be correct guy.

No, SIU.
you schooled there?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Mercy Uwakwe Foundation Distributes Bags Of Rice, Beans, Noodles In Bende, Abia / How To Prepare Gbegiri Soup / Jollof Rice Lesson Please

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.