Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,310 members, 7,808,049 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:50 AM

Mistakes Parents Make When Traveling With Kids - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Mistakes Parents Make When Traveling With Kids (20772 Views)

Beware Of Phone Browsing History When Traveling / Name those Things You Hate When Traveling By A Public Car/bus / Lady Gets Deported For Traveling With The New Nigerian Passport (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mistakes Parents Make When Traveling With Kids by Caustics: 1:35pm On Mar 14, 2018
cool
Re: Mistakes Parents Make When Traveling With Kids by achillesfoot(m): 1:35pm On Mar 14, 2018
MhizzAJ:
I've not given birth yet
I'm still looking for a husband and i know he's a nairalander
Be careful what you wish for.

1 Like

Re: Mistakes Parents Make When Traveling With Kids by rentAcock(m): 1:37pm On Mar 14, 2018
thesicilian:

Drugging a child just for your own comfort?! No loving parent does this!

It's not drugging. Nobody likes an insolent child crying relentlessly in a full plane either. If you cannot control your children, do everyone a favor and put them to sleep.
Re: Mistakes Parents Make When Traveling With Kids by rentAcock(m): 1:38pm On Mar 14, 2018
Farmerforlife:

Is that what you do?
Giving them drugs to make them sleep is a very bad idea.

That's what more parents need to do, it's nobody's fault if you cannot control your child.
Re: Mistakes Parents Make When Traveling With Kids by TONYE001(m): 1:38pm On Mar 14, 2018
rentAcock:
Also, if you are flying with little children, try to keep them quiet. Sometimes giving them cough syrup right before takeoff would help keep them to sleep until arrival. Nobody likes a crying child.

Drug abuse. Dear parents, kindly ignore this suggestion.

2 Likes

Re: Mistakes Parents Make When Traveling With Kids by rentAcock(m): 1:39pm On Mar 14, 2018
TONYE001:

Drug abuse. Dear parents, kindly ignore this suggestion.

Call it what you want, I bet your creche does even worse.
Re: Mistakes Parents Make When Traveling With Kids by MhizzAJ(f): 1:40pm On Mar 14, 2018
achillesfoot:
Husband material 1500 yards full here die
Re: Mistakes Parents Make When Traveling With Kids by Nobody: 1:41pm On Mar 14, 2018
rentAcock:

That's what more parents need to do, it's nobody's fault if you cannot control your child.
More parents need to drug their children? All the more reason why enforcing drug prescription before sale has become imperative.
Re: Mistakes Parents Make When Traveling With Kids by rentAcock(m): 1:43pm On Mar 14, 2018
Farmerforlife:

More parents need to drug their children? All the more reason why enforcing drug prescription before sale has become imperative.

Call it drugging all you want and no amount of prescription enforcement will prevent it from happening. Children get cold and cough regularly so a cough syrup will always be readily available in any home with kids, prescription enforcement or not . You sound like the type of parent that will let your kids cry uncontrollably in a plane.
Re: Mistakes Parents Make When Traveling With Kids by Holywizard: 1:44pm On Mar 14, 2018
I'm 25, a virgin and a graduate.I'm looking for a job.
Can u wait or help me quicken my future, sorry our future?
MhizzAJ:
I've not given birth yet
I'm still looking for a husband and i know he's a nairalander
Re: Mistakes Parents Make When Traveling With Kids by Martin0(m): 1:44pm On Mar 14, 2018
MhizzAJ:
I've not given birth yet I'm still looking for a husband and i know he's a nairalander

hahahahahgringringrin
Re: Mistakes Parents Make When Traveling With Kids by Nobody: 1:44pm On Mar 14, 2018
Also, try to opt for an airline that has inflight entertainment. Inflight channels like cartoons, games etc keep them busy.

That was the sole decider of my choice of Etihad over EgyptAir in my last travel. I read a review of EgyptAir that it doesn't have inflight entertainment for flights from Nigeria. That was the deal breaker, despite being the cheaper option.

Aircrafts with inflight entertainments kèep the children busy and minimize your stress.

1 Like

Re: Mistakes Parents Make When Traveling With Kids by Enemyofpeace: 1:58pm On Mar 14, 2018
Labake1 pls take note
Re: Mistakes Parents Make When Traveling With Kids by HAH: 2:15pm On Mar 14, 2018
[quote author=NwanyiAwkaetiti post=65830146]Not packing bitterkola in case they get road sick tongue[/quote please is bitter kola remedy for travel sickness, my son always vomits when on transit , kindly respond]
Re: Mistakes Parents Make When Traveling With Kids by HAH: 2:16pm On Mar 14, 2018
[quote author=NwanyiAwkaetiti post=65830146]Not packing bitterkola in case they get road sick tongue[/quote ]
please is bitter kola remedy for travel sickness, my son always vomits when on transit , kindly respond
Re: Mistakes Parents Make When Traveling With Kids by Ojuororun(m): 2:22pm On Mar 14, 2018
NO COMMENT
Re: Mistakes Parents Make When Traveling With Kids by Nobody: 2:36pm On Mar 14, 2018
[quote author=HAH post=65831825][/quote]Yes sir
Re: Mistakes Parents Make When Traveling With Kids by HAH: 2:40pm On Mar 14, 2018
NwanyiAwkaetiti:
Yes sir
thank you very much now anytime I will travel with kids bitter kola will be my companion
Re: Mistakes Parents Make When Traveling With Kids by Nobody: 2:40pm On Mar 14, 2018
rentAcock:

Call it drugging all you want and no amount of prescription enforcement will prevent it from happening. Children get cold and cough regularly so a cough syrup will always be readily available in any home with kids, prescription enforcement or not . You sound like the type of parent that will let your kids cry uncontrollably in a plane.

Obviously you know nothing about medicine. Not all cough drugs can put a child to sleep. The ones that do should be prescribed because of parents like you.

Since you asked politely, I am the type of parent that does not need to resort to the abusively clueless and escapist 'parenting' style of using harmful drugs to make my children behave. What would you do to your children when they are bigger, and still have not been taught about proper public behaviour? Put them on heroin?

Try talking to your children instead, and give them tasks to do suitable for their ages. Read or tell stories to the younger ones, or play mind games. There are dozens of things that a parent can do to keep their kids intelligently engaged, instead of dumbing them down with drugs and keeping them in a permanent stupor.

1 Like

Re: Mistakes Parents Make When Traveling With Kids by Nobody: 2:44pm On Mar 14, 2018
HAH:
thank you very much now anytime I will travel with kids bitter kola will be my companion
smiley
Re: Mistakes Parents Make When Traveling With Kids by rentAcock(m): 2:54pm On Mar 14, 2018
Farmerforlife:

Obviously you know nothing about medicine. Not all cough drugs can put a child to sleep. The ones that do should be prescribed because of parents like you.

Since you asked politely, I am the type of parent that does not need to resort to the abusively clueless and escapist 'parenting' style of using harmful drugs to make my children behave. What would you do to your children when they are bigger, and still have not been taught about proper public behaviour? Put them on heroin?

Try talking to your children instead, and give them tasks to do suitable for their ages. Read or tell stories to the younger ones, or play mind games. There are dozens of things that a parent can do to keep their kids intelligently engaged, instead of dumbing them down with drugs and keeping them in a permanent stupor.

You are obviously a dullard, ALL cough syrups have some form of codiene, morphine, antihistamine and opiod. These agents work by suppressing efferent motor signals from being sent to your lungs for trachea contraction (cough). Their side effect is drowsiness hence the reason people feel sleepy after taking cough syrup. Adult doses obviously will contain higher doses of codeine, histamine or opiods, but all cough medications contain some amount of these chemicals, that's how they suppress cough!! You obviously lack knowledge in pharmacology, maybe next time do some research before making a fool of yourself online.
Re: Mistakes Parents Make When Traveling With Kids by TONYE001(m): 3:34pm On Mar 14, 2018
rentAcock:

Call it what you want, I bet your creche does even worse.
Re: Mistakes Parents Make When Traveling With Kids by DeRay98(m): 5:36pm On Mar 14, 2018
rentAcock:
Also, if you are flying with little children, try to keep them quiet. Sometimes giving them cough syrup right before takeoff would help keep them to sleep until arrival. Nobody likes a crying child.

Child/drug abuse. cry
Re: Mistakes Parents Make When Traveling With Kids by achillesfoot(m): 7:06pm On Mar 14, 2018
achillesfoot:
Do not search for things like husbands. prepare yourself both your spiritual and physical attributes and with a little effort, you attract to yourself what you wish for.
Re: Mistakes Parents Make When Traveling With Kids by Odegbami1(m): 7:07pm On Mar 14, 2018
Britishcoins:
This reminds me of what happened when I was 8 years in 1999, traveling from Enugu to lagos for holiday.
I nearly poo inside "Ekenedilichukwu trans." long luxurious. Thank God for my mom quick intervention, she makes that powerful bus to park.

So therefore, if in 1999, you are 8 years, 2018 - 1999 + 8 years = 27+ depending on your month. Pupu child
Re: Mistakes Parents Make When Traveling With Kids by Britishcoins(m): 7:29pm On Mar 14, 2018
Odegbami1:

So therefore, if in 1999, you are 8 years, 2018 - 1999 + 8 years = 27+ depending on your month. Pupu child
So you get enough time to check my age,
I will give you work that will keep you busy...
Lol
Re: Mistakes Parents Make When Traveling With Kids by Nobody: 11:36am On Mar 15, 2018
rentAcock:

You are obviously a dullard, ALL cough syrups have some form of codiene, morphine, antihistamine and opiod. These agents work by suppressing efferent motor signals from being sent to your lungs for trachea contraction (cough). Their side effect is drowsiness hence the reason people feel sleepy after taking cough syrup. Adult doses obviously will contain higher doses of codeine, histamine or opiods, but all cough medications contain some amount of these chemicals, that's how they suppress cough!! You obviously lack knowledge in pharmacology, maybe next time do some research before making a fool of yourself online.

You shouldn't use big words that you don't understand or write about things you know nothing of. It just makes you look silly. If the above 'conclusion' is the result of your research, then you need to review your methods.
Re: Mistakes Parents Make When Traveling With Kids by rentAcock(m): 1:10pm On Mar 15, 2018
Farmerforlife:

You shouldn't use big words that you don't understand or write about things you know nothing of. It just makes you look silly. If the above 'conclusion' is the result of your research, then you need to review your methods.

Ok you will be ignored now, you have just proven to me that you are a certified slowpoke.
Re: Mistakes Parents Make When Traveling With Kids by Nobody: 1:34pm On Mar 15, 2018
rentAcock:

Ok you will be ignored now, you have just proven to me that you are a certified slowpoke.

Sure, will think about listening to you when you finish secondary school.
Re: Mistakes Parents Make When Traveling With Kids by stunning4real: 3:16pm On Mar 15, 2018
rentAcock:

not all cough syrup will make u dizzy

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Don’t Nigerians Give Way To Emergency Vehicles In Traffic (see PHOTOS) / "Molue": Will You Miss It? / Dv Lottery Final Interview At Embassy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.