Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,149 members, 7,807,488 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:08 PM

"YouWin CONNECT Program Disappointed Us" - Participants Cry Out (Photos) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "YouWin CONNECT Program Disappointed Us" - Participants Cry Out (Photos) (15187 Views)

#EndSARS Rally Marred By Low Turn Out (Photos) / Obasanjo ‘Outpaces’ Participants At Health Walk (Photo) / Probe Uncovers Massive Fraud In Youwin Programme (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "YouWin CONNECT Program Disappointed Us" - Participants Cry Out (Photos) by Jethrolite(m): 11:11am On Mar 15, 2018
phyllosilicate:
The federal Government asked the youths to apply for the rebranded YouWin Connect program. They promised that the 5000 successful candidates would attend a master class training thereafter their businesses would be funded ( see first picture).

Today we were shocked when we were told in Asaba Master class training that there is no fund for us. The 5000 successful candidates would like everybody else apply for another You win program tagged YouWin Connect series funding 1, the only we are sure of is certificate.

Why would FG choose to scam the youths?

Una no go get sense, keep being hopeful with this useless government.
Re: "YouWin CONNECT Program Disappointed Us" - Participants Cry Out (Photos) by ICEFLAME419ja(m): 11:12am On Mar 15, 2018
eTECTIVe:
So there are Ppl who are yet to realise dis govt is a scam?

Collect one more bottle jare on me make we dey watch zombies as dem de wake up small small #Godsplan
Re: "YouWin CONNECT Program Disappointed Us" - Participants Cry Out (Photos) by prudentkolly(m): 11:18am On Mar 15, 2018
Had I know , I wouldn't have wasted my money and time on this useless youwin.
Re: "YouWin CONNECT Program Disappointed Us" - Participants Cry Out (Photos) by talk2percy(m): 11:18am On Mar 15, 2018
So una mean say una no win anything for uwin connect?? Don't worry, even Buhari no win 2011 election, Na manipulation, just like they are manipulating una now
Re: "YouWin CONNECT Program Disappointed Us" - Participants Cry Out (Photos) by thunderbabs: 11:19am On Mar 15, 2018
Buhari's dumb base will still come hia and shout sai baba until d old man use their destiny finish.... Quote me, m here to ignore you all
Re: "YouWin CONNECT Program Disappointed Us" - Participants Cry Out (Photos) by eTECTIVe(m): 11:22am On Mar 15, 2018
ICEFLAME419ja:

Collect one more bottle jare on me make we dey watch zombies as dem de wake up small small #Godsplan

One stout pls!!!
Re: "YouWin CONNECT Program Disappointed Us" - Participants Cry Out (Photos) by Boomark(m): 11:28am On Mar 15, 2018
Yes-p was a failures
Youwin....
Re: "YouWin CONNECT Program Disappointed Us" - Participants Cry Out (Photos) by CodeTemplar: 11:35am On Mar 15, 2018
blackpanda:

Must u be a tribalistic bigot
? ? ?
Re: "YouWin CONNECT Program Disappointed Us" - Participants Cry Out (Photos) by YESpParticipant: 11:38am On Mar 15, 2018
First it was Yes-P...
Now it's Youwin connect...

This government is indeed a scam!
Shame on you!!
Re: "YouWin CONNECT Program Disappointed Us" - Participants Cry Out (Photos) by Nobody: 11:50am On Mar 15, 2018
Its not only the Youwinconnect program, what about other NYSC loan program by the FG. Has any been successful?

It high time we (Nigeria youth) wake up and ask for accountability and transparency from the FG over all their claimed programs.
Re: "YouWin CONNECT Program Disappointed Us" - Participants Cry Out (Photos) by BeingFrank(m): 11:53am On Mar 15, 2018
phyllosilicate:

This is what the minister of finance said would be bigger and better than GEJ YouWin. What future does a nation that treats her youths like this have? Can you imagine they his the slid that contained our funding?
And You Wonder Why Some Idiots Are Still Campaigning For This Useless Government.
Re: "YouWin CONNECT Program Disappointed Us" - Participants Cry Out (Photos) by AmTruth: 12:03pm On Mar 15, 2018
Very child like for most of us in hurrying to draw conclusions. if anything like non payment to participant is real. Certainly there will be a public official released statement to that fact from an authorized official in the finance ministry. See how most Nigerians think. A training that's just started and all your focus is all about the money and not the business development you will acquired. If only you know how much it cost to get such training outside, you will appreciate what most of us are downgrading. Wait for finance ministry to make an official statement before acting like children here.

1 Like

Re: "YouWin CONNECT Program Disappointed Us" - Participants Cry Out (Photos) by Agritech(m): 12:08pm On Mar 15, 2018
phyllosilicate:
The federal Government asked the youths to apply for the rebranded YouWin Connect program. They promised that the 5000 successful candidates would attend a master class training thereafter their businesses would be funded ( see first picture).

Today we were shocked when we were told in Asaba Master class training that there is no fund for us. The 5000 successful candidates would like everybody else apply for another You win program tagged YouWin Connect series funding 1, the only thing we are sure of is certificate.

Re: "YouWin CONNECT Program Disappointed Us" - Participants Cry Out (Photos) by Agritech(m): 1:15pm On Mar 15, 2018
I believe something good would come out.

1 Like

Re: "YouWin CONNECT Program Disappointed Us" - Participants Cry Out (Photos) by odum1: 1:54pm On Mar 15, 2018
AmTruth:
Very child like for most of us in hurrying to draw conclusions. if anything like non payment to participant is real. Certainly there will be a public official released statement to that fact from an authorized official in the finance ministry. See how most Nigerians think. A training that's just started and all your focus is all about the money and not the business development you will acquired. If only you know how much it cost to get such training outside, you will appreciate what most of us are downgrading. Wait for finance ministry to make an official statement before acting like children here.

But the people talking here already got an official statement when they attended the training or is it that you didnt read the posts?
And please who needs training without funds? Do you have any idea how many people already got training before they attended this?

If we knew it was only training, we would have at least known its only training.

BR

3 Likes

Re: "YouWin CONNECT Program Disappointed Us" - Participants Cry Out (Photos) by AmTruth: 2:30pm On Mar 15, 2018
odum1:

But the people talking here already got an official statement when they attended the training or is it that you didnt read the posts?
And please who needs training without funds? Do you have any idea how many people already got training before they attended this?

If we knew it was only training, we would have at least known its only training.

BR
May be I repeat myself, I say wait for an AUTHORISED OFFICIAL STATEMENT from finance ministry.
Re: "YouWin CONNECT Program Disappointed Us" - Participants Cry Out (Photos) by Nobody: 2:31pm On Mar 15, 2018
The online part of the program was quite educative...... hahahaha i knew it would end as a scam as usual.

1 Like

Re: "YouWin CONNECT Program Disappointed Us" - Participants Cry Out (Photos) by phyllosilicate(m): 2:38pm On Mar 15, 2018
odum1:

BR

Exactly.

1 Like

Re: "YouWin CONNECT Program Disappointed Us" - Participants Cry Out (Photos) by samuel25(m): 3:00pm On Mar 15, 2018
The biggest and smartest scam I've ever witnessed. Everything about this administration is propaganda. The minister of finance said they want to rebrand youwin better than what is obtainable under previous administration, but what we got is disappointment, waste of time, energy and resources. We were told and made to believe that some are national, regional and state winners, what are we winning? This is broad day robbery, scam from federal government.

1 Like

Re: "YouWin CONNECT Program Disappointed Us" - Participants Cry Out (Photos) by samuel25(m): 3:04pm On Mar 15, 2018
AmTruth:
May be I repeat myself, I say wait for an AUTHORISED OFFICIAL STATEMENT from finance ministry.
The official statement has been released by Youwin official representative. The whole thing ended with the worst training I have ever attended. The trainers are learner themselves. I will conclude that we have been scammed.

1 Like

Re: "YouWin CONNECT Program Disappointed Us" - Participants Cry Out (Photos) by samuel25(m): 3:07pm On Mar 15, 2018
The next step according to representative of Youwin is another open application open to all younger Nigeria interested in aquaculture and shea nuts.
Re: "YouWin CONNECT Program Disappointed Us" - Participants Cry Out (Photos) by odum1: 4:48pm On Mar 15, 2018
AmTruth:

Its as if you didnt read anything or you are in denial.
There is already an official statement.
Re: "YouWin CONNECT Program Disappointed Us" - Participants Cry Out (Photos) by TGM2015: 6:14pm On Mar 15, 2018
phyllosilicate:

Today we were shocked when we were told in Asaba Master class training that there is no fund for us. The 5000 successful candidates would like everybody else apply for another You win program tagged YouWin Connect series funding 1, the only we are sure of is certificate.

Can I ask you some questions?...

1. Have you people submitted your business plan?
2. Have they get back to you on how successful your business plan is? Note that business plan is a critical document on which decisions to fund your "learned entrepreneurial skills" will be based. In fact no financial institutions will grant you loan with a good business plan.
3. Also note that from what you posted and circled in the first picture, not all the 5,000 successful applicants will receive the fund but those who have developed greater entrepreneurial skills in their line of interest through the training and utilised it in preparing a visible and viable business plan. So are you in this category?
4. If you are in this category and the program coordinator have communicated that you business plan has been accepted, then, as at today, can the FG pay any money without being appropriated for in the budget?
5. If actually you have learn from the training, the answer to the above should be at your finger tip. Was the money appropriated for and in which budget? 2017 or 2018 budget?
6. The answer to the above, is the main issue to be solve.

Apologies if I made a wrong conclusion... with your posts and replies, I strongly believe that if you are among the 5,000 successful candidates, you obviously will not be part of those that will be financed and if you are lucky (I mean lucky), you may not be able to maintain the sustainability of the business. Because for every growth and expansion in business, getting accurate, reliable and realistic business, financial and political including economic indexes and information is crucial. It seems you lack this but focused more on getting the money more.

Thank you.
Re: "YouWin CONNECT Program Disappointed Us" - Participants Cry Out (Photos) by phyllosilicate(m): 6:21pm On Mar 15, 2018
TGM2015:

Can I ask you some questions?...

1. Have you people submitted your business plan?
2. Have they get back to you on how successful your business plan is? Note that business plan is a critical document on which decisions to fund your "learned entrepreneurial skills" will be based. In fact no financial institutions will grant you loan with a good business plan.
3. Also note that from what you posted and circled in the first picture, not all the 5,000 successful applicants will receive the fund but those who have developed greater entrepreneurial skills in their line of interest through the training and utilised it in preparing a visible and viable business plan. So are you in this category?

They didn't asked us to submit our business plan as they promised.
Re: "YouWin CONNECT Program Disappointed Us" - Participants Cry Out (Photos) by TGM2015: 6:33pm On Mar 15, 2018
phyllosilicate:

They didn't asked us to submit our business plan as they promised.
Then inquire about it. To be candid, you guys should have know and planned ahead as you are concluding the training. You don't wait for information to be given to you but seek to find information necessary for the future as early as possible and accurately as you can.

Real entrepreneurs seeks and pay, in fact sometimes heavily, for information about the future. That is why most of them invest in business analytical tools and programs in order to predict, plan and conquer challenges even before they occur. That is what our political elites do not have. They don't buy the idea of "when will get to the bridge we shall cross it", they will always cross the bridge before getting there. They will draw variety of bridges they are likely going to see in the future and devise a means to crossing it even at it worst stage. Go and ask GTB and Dangote.
Re: "YouWin CONNECT Program Disappointed Us" - Participants Cry Out (Photos) by odum1: 6:41pm On Mar 15, 2018
TGM2015:

Then inquire about it. To be candid, you guys should have know and planned ahead as you are concluding the training. You don't wait for information to be given to you but seek to find information necessary for the future as early as possible and accurately as you can.

Real entrepreneurs seeks and pay, in fact sometimes heavily, for information about the future. That is why most of them invest in business analytical tools and programs in order to predict, plan and conquer challenges even before they occur. That is what our political elites do not have. They don't buy the idea of "when will get to the bridge we shall cross it", they will always cross the bridge before getting there. They will draw variety of bridges they are likely going to see in the future and devise a means to crossing it even at it worst stage. Go and ask GTB and Dangote.

Where did they find all these ITKs?
So where will they get the information, they should go and kidnap the minister of finance , right?
What concerns GTB and Dangote with this?

The official YouWin people already told everyone that tha is the end of the program, you are here painting "What-ifs?".
How does what-if matter when the deed has already been done?

As if u r not in Nigeria , where things dont go as promised

Mstchewwww!!!

3 Likes

Re: "YouWin CONNECT Program Disappointed Us" - Participants Cry Out (Photos) by phyllosilicate(m): 7:00pm On Mar 15, 2018
odum1:

So where will they get the information, they should go and kidnap the minister of finance , right?

The official YouWin people already told everyone that tha is the end of the program, you are here painting "What-ifs?".

Mstchewwww!!!

I tire for the guy.
Re: "YouWin CONNECT Program Disappointed Us" - Participants Cry Out (Photos) by TGM2015: 7:08pm On Mar 15, 2018
odum1:

Mstchewwww!!!
Sorry, I think my post was not directed to you... But hold on, you mean the only source of information is the YouWin official at the training centre? The last time I checked, ministry of finance has active Facebook and Twitter account even contact details on their official website, they actually need not to kidnapped the minister of finance.

Moreover, the last programme, which I assume must have been under the last administration, they can as well contact previous beneficiaries (I am sure you not ask me how) or asked the centre officials about how the previous beneficiaries go about it and at what point they submitted their business plan... You may be surprised to find out the that process is going as it should be because obviously payment of support grant is not what is next according to what the OP posted. Check some recruitment trends and see how people tends to get relief knowing how long previous recruitment takes and stages that were involved. I think my examples relates well with this as you can not relates with the GTB and Dangote examples in the context it was used.

There might likely be trends for previous beneficiaries from this forum self... I am surprised at the level of your reasoning and possibly solution that you suggested though... Thank you for the reply anyway, it makes me give more insight into my previous post.

phyllosilicate:

I tire for the guy.
Sorry OP, I do not intend to offend you.
Good luck to you all.
Re: "YouWin CONNECT Program Disappointed Us" - Participants Cry Out (Photos) by Seytex: 8:04pm On Mar 15, 2018
I feel for my sister, she was just too serious with the whole stuff, scored 536 out of 600 and she wasn't selected. nonsense country..

1 Like

Re: "YouWin CONNECT Program Disappointed Us" - Participants Cry Out (Photos) by loskally(m): 9:38pm On Mar 15, 2018
Youwin connect is nothing but a scam, an initiative ment to syphon money for 2019 general election, we say no to youwin connect and bring back our Youwin...

#YouwinConnectScam
@HMKemiAdeosun
@vanguardngrnews @nairaland @channelstv @HMKemiAdeosun @YouWiNConnectNg @CoolFMNigeria @Wazobia_FM @MBuhari

Pls let make it trend on Twitter and tag the tagables

#YouwinConnectScam

Re: "YouWin CONNECT Program Disappointed Us" - Participants Cry Out (Photos) by odum1: 12:30am On Mar 16, 2018
TGM2015:

Sorry, I think my post was not directed to you... But hold on, you mean the only source of information is the YouWin official at the training centre? The last time I checked, ministry of finance has active Facebook and Twitter account even contact details on their official website, they actually need not to kidnapped the minister of finance.

Moreover, the last programme, which I assume must have been under the last administration, they can as well contact previous beneficiaries (I am sure you not ask me how) or asked the centre officials about how the previous beneficiaries go about it and at what point they submitted their business plan... You may be surprised to find out the that process is going as it should be because obviously payment of support grant is not what is next according to what the OP posted. Check some recruitment trends and see how people tends to get relief knowing how long previous recruitment takes and stages that were involved. I think my examples relates well with this as you can not relates with the GTB and Dangote examples in the context it was used.

There might likely be trends for previous beneficiaries from this forum self... I am surprised at the level of your reasoning and possibly solution that you suggested though... Thank you for the reply anyway, it makes me give more insight into my previous post.

Sorry OP, I do not intend to offend you.
Good luck to you all.

If you will take the time to take your own advice and ask for all these info then you will understand what we are saying.

Are you saying that the officials that came to the class are not in a position to give the correct info?

If u read the post you will see that th reason everybody is complaining is becuase they thought this will be like the last youWin which obviuosly its not, every one here already asked the last set for the procedure b4 tehy came here to rant. Believe me this is not how it was done.

And obviously if u read this thread you will see that they already tagged the social media of ministry of finance and even the minister herself , both of them have refused to reply.

I dont get your point at all.

Its obvious you are not part of this youWin set at all and have no clue whats going on. if so, then just leave us , instead of coming here to try to (mis)-educate us
Re: "YouWin CONNECT Program Disappointed Us" - Participants Cry Out (Photos) by prudentkolly(m): 8:57am On Mar 16, 2018
We should try to get this to prints media
Youwin connect is a scam and let's Nigerians knows before they use us for campaign that they have finance 5000 young entrepreneurs under youwin connects.
Anybody that has media power should help us.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Six Times President Buhari Travelled To The UK For Medical Attention / How Seyi Tinubu Made Me Love Joha By Asake - Osigwe Omo-Ikirodah / Relief As FG Releases Over N13 Bn For Construction Of Umuahia-Ikot Ekpene Road

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.