Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,581 members, 7,809,108 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:23 PM

Helen Oritsejafor Awards Scholarship To 3 Kids She Met At A Crusade - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Helen Oritsejafor Awards Scholarship To 3 Kids She Met At A Crusade (37156 Views)

Photos From Helen Oritsejafor's Birthday Celebration / Burial Of Married Pastors Who Died In An Accident While Returning From A Crusade / Father Mbaka Storms London For A Crusade(photos,video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Helen Oritsejafor Awards Scholarship To 3 Kids She Met At A Crusade by ameri9ja: 10:20pm On Mar 15, 2018
Julieextra:

Thanks bro. Exactly what I have been saying here.

That was why when Jesus healed a man with palsy by saying "YOUR SINS ARE FORGIVEN" the pharisees almost killed him. And he asked them, which is easier to say:

Rise, take your bed and go home

Or

Your sins are forgiven you.

They couldn't say a word.

If it had been a politician that did it now, they won't criticize him. Won't he get reward from God for showing Love.

Now, a pastor did it and they are saying she is wrong. That she should do it in Private to be blessed.

If it had been road she built for poor people in a village or hospital, won't they be conspicuous enough to be seen by "ALL MEN".? So, because all men saw it, she is now making it public and shouldn't be blessed by God.?

Don't mind these hypocrites. They are too scriptural for heaven's message. Which is Love.

Once again, Christ gave us instructions on how to give. He told us not to do it this way. And He never gave this way Himself.

U just buttressed my point: these things get spread around. You don't have to appear to be on pulpit blowing a horn that u just did a good thing.
Re: Helen Oritsejafor Awards Scholarship To 3 Kids She Met At A Crusade by ameri9ja: 10:45pm On Mar 15, 2018
asuustrike2009:

And the madam in question didn't do such as alleged by you. Mama Helen has being doing this kind of gesture for long before the media blew it out of proportion. It is the intention of the heart God uses to judge not what you and I think. Read that same verse of the Bible you quoted and see things for yourself

Bros, that's what she APPEARED to be doing in THIS particular instance - using some poor kids fo grandstanding.

Do u really believe of all the destitute people in Nigeria she must come across everyday she coincidentally ran into those kids. Knowing how the Nigerian church biz is, you really believe so?

I can only imagine how much planning and painstaking preparation went into this "coincidence".
Re: Helen Oritsejafor Awards Scholarship To 3 Kids She Met At A Crusade by Nobody: 12:32am On Mar 16, 2018
ameri9ja:

Bros, that's what she APPEARED to be doing in THIS particular instance - using some poor kids fo grandstanding.

Do u really believe of all the destitute people in Nigeria she must come across everyday she coincidentally ran into those kids. Knowing how the Nigerian church biz is, you really believe so?m

I can only imagine how much planning and painstaking preparation went into this "coincidence".
You are already judging someone you barely know. Had it being you knew her then you wouldn't say all this. Madam Helen Orisejafor had being a giver right from beginning. She had empowered many men and women that the media knows nothing about. Probably when you visit warri, you would understand better. I knew her as far back to year 2004
Re: Helen Oritsejafor Awards Scholarship To 3 Kids She Met At A Crusade by ameri9ja: 1:00am On Mar 16, 2018
asuustrike2009:

You are already judging someone you barely know. Had it being you knew her then you wouldn't say all this. Madam Helen Orisejafor had being a giver right from beginning. She had empowered many men and women that the media knows nothing about. Probably when you visit warri, you would understand better. I knew her as far back to year 2004

I don't doubt u at all. I'm only going by what I perceive in THIS instance. I also know Nigerians and the Nigerian Church "biz" scene. When I put all that together I'd tend to come to a conclusion not too far from the truth.
Re: Helen Oritsejafor Awards Scholarship To 3 Kids She Met At A Crusade by Nobody: 1:10am On Mar 16, 2018
ameri9ja:

I don't doubt u at all. I'm only going by what I perceive in THIS instance. I also know Nigerians and the Nigerian Church "biz" scene. When I put all that together I'd tend to come to a conclusion not too far from the truth.
You don't come to conclusion based on what you see without having facts. Can you come to conclusion that all Nigerians are fraudsters because many are into the act?
Re: Helen Oritsejafor Awards Scholarship To 3 Kids She Met At A Crusade by ameri9ja: 1:57pm On Mar 16, 2018
asuustrike2009:

You don't come to conclusion based on what you see without having facts. Can you come to conclusion that all Nigerians are fraudsters because many are into the act?

No. But if I observe certain things about a given situation and combine it with my knowledge of the Nigerian mentality, I can come to a reasonably accurate conclusion that the particular Nigerian I'm looking it is very likely a fraudster.
Re: Helen Oritsejafor Awards Scholarship To 3 Kids She Met At A Crusade by Nobody: 4:01pm On Mar 16, 2018
ameri9ja:

No. But if I observe certain things about a given situation and combine it with my knowledge of the Nigerian mentality, I can come to a reasonably accurate conclusion that the particular Nigerian I'm looking it is very likely a fraudster.
You observation isn't totally correct. There are many persons willingly to help with or without the media. The essence of media coverage is for documentations that is all. But with the way you draw conclusion, you may discourage people from giving with this singular act just exhibited. Let people give whether it is show off or not. The most important thing is that someone had being helped
Re: Helen Oritsejafor Awards Scholarship To 3 Kids She Met At A Crusade by ameri9ja: 4:55pm On Mar 16, 2018
asuustrike2009:

You observation isn't totally correct. There are many persons willingly to help with or without the media. The essence of media coverage is for documentations that is all. But with the way you draw conclusion, you may discourage people from giving with this singular act just exhibited. Let people give whether it is show off or not. The most important thing is that someone had being helped

You forget that in my very first post on this thread I emphasized that it is better to do it this way than not at all.
But the thing is that Christ spelt out to us how to do this and also practiced what He preached. We are supposed to be His followers.
Also, I just imagine how my heart would have swelled with admiration if it had been "accidentally" revealed that madam did this without even bothering to tell anybody.
Re: Helen Oritsejafor Awards Scholarship To 3 Kids She Met At A Crusade by Nobody: 8:52pm On Mar 16, 2018
ameri9ja:

You forget that in my very first post on this thread I emphasized that it is better to do it this way than not at all.
But the thing is that Christ spelt out to us how to do this and also practiced what He preached. We are supposed to be His followers.
Also, I just imagine how my heart would have swelled with admiration if it had been "accidentally" revealed that madam did this without even bothering to tell anybody.
Jesus only admonish.He didn't compelled or say it must be that way.
Re: Helen Oritsejafor Awards Scholarship To 3 Kids She Met At A Crusade by ameri9ja: 10:03pm On Mar 16, 2018
asuustrike2009:

Jesus only admonish.He didn't compelled or say it must be that way.

Matthew 6:1-4 Beware of practicing your righteousness before men to be noticed by them; otherwise you have no reward with your Father who is in heaven. So when you give to the poor, do not sound a trumpet before you, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, so that they may be honored by men. Truly I say to you, they have their reward in full. But when you give to the poor, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, so that your giving will be in secret; and your Father who sees what is done in secret will reward you.

1 Corinthians 16:1-2 Now concerning the collection for the saints, as I directed the churches of Galatia, so do you also. On the first day of every week each one of you is to put aside and save, as he may prosper, so that no collections be made when I come.
Re: Helen Oritsejafor Awards Scholarship To 3 Kids She Met At A Crusade by Nobody: 4:51pm On Mar 17, 2018
ameri9ja:

Matthew 6:1-4 Beware of practicing your righteousness before men to be noticed by them; otherwise you have no reward with your Father who is in heaven. So when you give to the poor, do not sound a trumpet before you, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, so that they may be honored by men. Truly I say to you, they have their reward in full. But when you give to the poor, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, so that your giving will be in secret; and your Father who sees what is done in secret will reward you.

1 Corinthians 16:1-2 Now concerning the collection for the saints, as I directed the churches of Galatia, so do you also. On the first day of every week each one of you is to put aside and save, as he may prosper, so that no collections be made when I come.

The bolded as answered your question. Your kind would be one to condemn pastors for eating tithes
Re: Helen Oritsejafor Awards Scholarship To 3 Kids She Met At A Crusade by NemzySeries(m): 5:02pm On Mar 17, 2018
ameri9ja:

She spotted them! Think about that for a minute.
How naive can u be.
maybe she shd av spotted u...... u guys jst sitdwn h make orda pple's problem urs
Re: Helen Oritsejafor Awards Scholarship To 3 Kids She Met At A Crusade by ameri9ja: 5:03pm On Mar 17, 2018
asuustrike2009:

The bolded as answered your question. Your kind would be one to condemn pastors for eating tithes

What's wrong with u? I didn't ask any question. There is clearly a Christ and non-Christ way to give. Madam did it the the non-Christ way. You should recognise when u have no argument and stop. Who is talking about tithes. Know when to stop. Adios. God bless. Caio.
Re: Helen Oritsejafor Awards Scholarship To 3 Kids She Met At A Crusade by ameri9ja: 5:06pm On Mar 17, 2018
NemzySeries:

maybe she shd av spotted u...... u guys jst sitdwn h make orda pple's problem urs

Do u really believe of all the destitute people in Nigeria she must come across everyday she coincidentally ran into those kids. Knowing how the Nigerian church "biz" is, you really believe so?

Re: Helen Oritsejafor Awards Scholarship To 3 Kids She Met At A Crusade by ameri9ja: 5:27pm On Mar 17, 2018
Shalom to u all.
Know when u have no argument.
Know when to stop.
SHALOM.
Re: Helen Oritsejafor Awards Scholarship To 3 Kids She Met At A Crusade by ameri9ja: 5:31pm On Mar 17, 2018
Shalom to u all.
Know when u have no argument.
Know when to stop.
SHALOM.
**THREAD CLOSED**

Cc
NemzySeries
asuustrke2009
Julieextra

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Pastor Chris Mordi Arrested For Propagating Hate Speech In Lagos / Daddy Freeze Reacts To Lady Who Sowed Husband's Car As Seed In The Church / Apostle Omotosho Tope Joseph 74 Prophecies For 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.