Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,180 members, 7,807,575 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:30 PM

Oyo: 33 LGAs And 35 LCDAs To Benefit From Ongoing Construction Of 150km Of Roads - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oyo: 33 LGAs And 35 LCDAs To Benefit From Ongoing Construction Of 150km Of Roads (6937 Views)

NWC Panel Dissociates Self From Ongoing APC Primary In Lagos / Oyo LG Elections: APC Candidates Win 610 Wards, Clear 33 Lgas, 35 Lcdas / Pictures From Ongoing Construction Of Second Niger Bridge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oyo: 33 LGAs And 35 LCDAs To Benefit From Ongoing Construction Of 150km Of Roads by scoty2910: 10:56pm On Mar 14, 2018
OYO: 33 LGAs and 35 LCDAs to benefit from ongoing construction of 150km of roads NEWS BY QUICKSILVER

The Oyo State Government has commenced the construction of 150 kilometres of roads across the state, saying that the move is to ease transportation system and improve the socio economic activities in the state.

The State Commissioner for Local Government and Chieftaincy Matters, Mr. Bimbo Kolade said at the weekend during the inspection of construction of asphaltic roads project at Ibadan West Local Council Development Area and Ibadan South West Local Government areas of the state that the roads are being constructed in the 33 Local Government Areas and 35 Local Council Development Areas across the state.

Mr. Kolade stated that the roads are equitably distributed for the benefits of the generality of the people, explaining that each local government with its LCDAs is expected to construct between three to five kilometres of road in their locality.

The commissioner disclosed that the project tagged joint inter State Local Government roads will cover mainly trunk C (Local Governments) roads and some bridges in order to prevent flood disasters in the state.

Kolade stated that infrastructure is one of the key pillars of this administration, hence, government’s commitment to the continued provision and maintenance of a functional network of roads that will enhance socio -economic growth throughout the State, warning that no local government should do a shoddy job but they should rather follow the footsteps of the state government in providing quality infrastructures.

He said that the government will continue with the monitoring process of the projects and consequently enjoined the residents of the beneficiary communities to make good use of it and desist from any activities that can damage the projects.

In his remarks, the Chairman, Aleshinloye International Market, Ibadan, Alhaji AbdulFatia Amubikan said that the market would witness unprecedented development in terms of customer base and more conducive business environment by the time the project is completed, appreciating the Governor Abiola Ajimobi’s administration for the laudable projects.

Among the projects inspected include asphaltic construction with drainage of Aleshinloye International Market road, construction of double box culvert and asphaltic tarring of adjoining road at Popoyemoja, Ibadan. as well as. the asphaltic tarring and construction of hydraulic structures along Azeez/Ayinla, Adetunji Bello Street, Olusanya Area. Ring Road, Ibadan.

https://oyostate.gov.ng/Oyo-commences-construction-of-150km-roads

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Oyo: 33 LGAs And 35 LCDAs To Benefit From Ongoing Construction Of 150km Of Roads by 1nigeriamyfoot: 11:01pm On Mar 14, 2018
After 7years of zero development across all the 33local governments in Oyo state, this idiot call Siaka think that we are all foolish like his stupid parents?

You dey craze

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oyo: 33 LGAs And 35 LCDAs To Benefit From Ongoing Construction Of 150km Of Roads by ifyan(m): 11:01pm On Mar 14, 2018
Why do we praise the government for doing what they ought to do.

Nigeria progress compare to others is something else

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oyo: 33 LGAs And 35 LCDAs To Benefit From Ongoing Construction Of 150km Of Roads by Authoreety: 2:44am On Mar 15, 2018
OYO has always bn on ya own

SO na now day break abi?

1 Like

Re: Oyo: 33 LGAs And 35 LCDAs To Benefit From Ongoing Construction Of 150km Of Roads by izzou(m): 2:47am On Mar 15, 2018
grin
Re: Oyo: 33 LGAs And 35 LCDAs To Benefit From Ongoing Construction Of 150km Of Roads by izzou(m): 2:50am On Mar 15, 2018
2019 is close-by. I expect to see more projects being commissioned

Useless politicians

And how come a mod pushed this topic by this time of the night?

It's either the mod is a policeman, security man, about to go for a robbery operation or a witch/wizard

Abi nairaland Don start night shift?

grin grin grin

5 Likes

Re: Oyo: 33 LGAs And 35 LCDAs To Benefit From Ongoing Construction Of 150km Of Roads by Buffalowings3(m): 2:51am On Mar 15, 2018
See wetin we dey celebrate for 21st century.

Things like this aren't newsworthy.

In five years time, the roads will become bad
And then we will have another jamboree about tarring the same road grin

Cycle of deceit cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Oyo: 33 LGAs And 35 LCDAs To Benefit From Ongoing Construction Of 150km Of Roads by Heartbender: 2:53am On Mar 15, 2018
In this modern era, look at the mediocrity we have been allowing
Re: Oyo: 33 LGAs And 35 LCDAs To Benefit From Ongoing Construction Of 150km Of Roads by hakeem4(m): 2:56am On Mar 15, 2018
So people are celebrating space exploration, we are still celebrating road construction here
izzou:
2019 is close-by. I expect to see more projects being commissioned

Useless politicians

[s]
And how come a mod pushed this topic by this time of the night?

It's either the mod is a policeman, security man, about to go for a robbery operation or a witch/wizard

Abi nairaland Don start night shift?
[/s]
grin grin grin

what are you also doing awake, e be like say you sef dey prepare for your operation

1 Like

Re: Oyo: 33 LGAs And 35 LCDAs To Benefit From Ongoing Construction Of 150km Of Roads by psp2pc(m): 2:56am On Mar 15, 2018
no comment
Re: Oyo: 33 LGAs And 35 LCDAs To Benefit From Ongoing Construction Of 150km Of Roads by Airyprince(m): 2:57am On Mar 15, 2018
kudos to gov ambode #buhari2019
Re: Oyo: 33 LGAs And 35 LCDAs To Benefit From Ongoing Construction Of 150km Of Roads by Sankabson(m): 3:05am On Mar 15, 2018
We are waiting for them. 2019 is close by and all of a sudden projects are going on already. God help Us in this country.
Re: Oyo: 33 LGAs And 35 LCDAs To Benefit From Ongoing Construction Of 150km Of Roads by izzou(m): 3:05am On Mar 15, 2018
hakeem4:
So people are celebrating space exploration, we are still celebrating road construction here what are you also doing awake, e be like say you sef dey prepare for your operation

Why are you defending the mod? angry

As for the mediocre project, that's Nigeria for you cool

1 Like

Re: Oyo: 33 LGAs And 35 LCDAs To Benefit From Ongoing Construction Of 150km Of Roads by NwaliE01: 3:22am On Mar 15, 2018
Nobody ever praised me for doing what i am gainfully payed to do. Praise can only come when extra éfforts are puť in place. So why should we praise politicians who greatly under perform their executive functions for doing like 5% of their expectatioňs?
Nobody ever praised fathers for daily providing food for his family and payińg all house hold bills bečause thàt is his work and expectations.
The Government ought to provide beyond basic needs of her citizens but they don't even get close to providing the basics so why should anyone praise them if after 18yrs they do just one of?
I am disappointed at our backwardness.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oyo: 33 LGAs And 35 LCDAs To Benefit From Ongoing Construction Of 150km Of Roads by Mustiboy(m): 3:47am On Mar 15, 2018
Truth be told, I'm currently in Iseyin to see my grandma. I had never been here before until now. One thing I love about the state is that rural areas, remote villages all have good roads. I love that. That's one thing Lagos cannot boast of.
Good one from the governor

2 Likes

Re: Oyo: 33 LGAs And 35 LCDAs To Benefit From Ongoing Construction Of 150km Of Roads by Lukgaf(m): 3:53am On Mar 15, 2018
Constituted authority . when will you finish less the 10km u are doing in Oyo town since 7 years talkess of 150km? Nigeria sha

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oyo: 33 LGAs And 35 LCDAs To Benefit From Ongoing Construction Of 150km Of Roads by boolet: 4:24am On Mar 15, 2018
Lukgaf:
Constituted authority . when will you finish less the 10km u are doing in Oyo town since 7 years talkess of 150km? Nigeria sha
NwaliE01:
Nobody ever praised me for doing what i am gainfully payed to do. Praise can only come when extra éfforts are puť in place. So why should we praise politicians who greatly under perform their executive functions for doing like 5% of their expectatioňs?
Nobody ever praised fathers for daily providing food for his family and payińg all house hold bills bečause thàt is his work and expectations.
The Government ought to provide beyond basic needs of her citizens but they don't even get close to providing the basics so why should anyone praise them if after 18yrs they do just one of?
Shebi all na lip service. It is only in naija that politicians will be listing roads, boreholes and nonesense as achievements.

3 Likes

Re: Oyo: 33 LGAs And 35 LCDAs To Benefit From Ongoing Construction Of 150km Of Roads by Lukgaf(m): 4:36am On Mar 15, 2018
And that guy prefer to privatise institutions in Oyo state, almost all state institutions in Oyo went on strike for at least 5 months, some were owed more than a year arrears because he insisted paying 25% that they should source for money themselves. Nigeria would have been in more woes if in the hand of this man called Ajimobi. With workers unpaid, u had two wedding parties for your son, Oyo and Kano plus you still organise football match , for what? I learnt you are still going to senate, so if this is elected as senator, will you tell me, he will support life imprisonment for looters when he himself has looted Oyo treasury.May God save us from us. Oyo r'onu

2 Likes

Re: Oyo: 33 LGAs And 35 LCDAs To Benefit From Ongoing Construction Of 150km Of Roads by aftatechbiz(m): 5:49am On Mar 15, 2018
Why waiting till now? You think say oyo state people will always be mumu, abi? Suffer people for 7 years and when election is approaching they will be embarking on projects so that during campaign they will be boasting of doing this and that and after winning election, they will start to suffer people again.

2 Likes

Re: Oyo: 33 LGAs And 35 LCDAs To Benefit From Ongoing Construction Of 150km Of Roads by lapo(m): 5:49am On Mar 15, 2018
33LGAs + 35LCDAs = 1 geographical Oyo State.
Re: Oyo: 33 LGAs And 35 LCDAs To Benefit From Ongoing Construction Of 150km Of Roads by seunlayi(m): 5:57am On Mar 15, 2018

This type of story making fp just weak me,, It shows our level of backward in this present age

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oyo: 33 LGAs And 35 LCDAs To Benefit From Ongoing Construction Of 150km Of Roads by seunlayi(m): 6:00am On Mar 15, 2018
NwaliE01:

You don't need to be disappointed because already, the governor is disappointed with himself.

What a waste of 6yrs

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oyo: 33 LGAs And 35 LCDAs To Benefit From Ongoing Construction Of 150km Of Roads by sirgalahad26(m): 6:12am On Mar 15, 2018
Lukgaf:
And that guy prefer to privatise institutions in Oyo state, almost all state institutions in Oyo went on strike for at least 5 months, some were owed more than a year arrears because he insisted paying 25% that they should source for money themselves. Nigeria would have been in more woes if in the hand of this man called Ajimobi. With workers unpaid, u had two wedding parties for your son, Oyo and Kano plus you still organise football match , for what? I learnt you are still going to senate, so if this is elected as senator, will you tell me, he will support life imprisonment for looters when he himself has looted Oyo treasury.May God save us from us. Oyo r'onu
see my like minded person! what deepened my dislike for ajimobi was when i learnt dat he studied abroad yet he has no regard for education in the state!

3 Likes

Re: Oyo: 33 LGAs And 35 LCDAs To Benefit From Ongoing Construction Of 150km Of Roads by coalcoal1(m): 6:21am On Mar 15, 2018
good
Re: Oyo: 33 LGAs And 35 LCDAs To Benefit From Ongoing Construction Of 150km Of Roads by Suko110(m): 6:29am On Mar 15, 2018
boolet:

Shebi all na lip service. It is only in naija that politicians will be listing roads, boreholes and nonesense as achievements.
Boreholes?? In the north there is commission of wells. Imagine wells in a state where Boreholes were previously commissioned. Lets not say nig is a failed state.

2 Likes

Re: Oyo: 33 LGAs And 35 LCDAs To Benefit From Ongoing Construction Of 150km Of Roads by talk2percy(m): 7:06am On Mar 15, 2018
Can u imagine, u wan tar China road for the masses which u ought to have done since and which by the virtue of ur office, u are mandated to give them these basic amenities, come dey advertise it. Una dey craze, shey una no get shame again ni?

3 Likes

Re: Oyo: 33 LGAs And 35 LCDAs To Benefit From Ongoing Construction Of 150km Of Roads by EarthXmetahuman: 7:45am On Mar 15, 2018
1nigeriamyfoot:
After 7years of zero development across all the 33local governments in Oyo state, this idiot call Siaka think that we are all foolish like his stupid parents?

You dey craze
all local government roads were completely neglected or abandoned by that gap toothed ediot while he focused on state roads only.
he also refused to make local government election, so people will know who to go and meet to fix their roads.

2019 is close, he wants to start painting roads.

1 Like

Re: Oyo: 33 LGAs And 35 LCDAs To Benefit From Ongoing Construction Of 150km Of Roads by farem: 8:06am On Mar 15, 2018
1nigeriamyfoot:

You dey craze

Zero development you say?

It's either you are a liar, blind, never been to oyo state (Ibadan), or irreparably jaundiced!
Re: Oyo: 33 LGAs And 35 LCDAs To Benefit From Ongoing Construction Of 150km Of Roads by murmee: 9:37am On Mar 15, 2018
farem:

Zero development you say?

It's either you are a liar, blind, never been to oyo state (Ibadan), or irreparably jaundiced!
My dear, don't mind them. For the first time in Oyo state, we have a governor who is doing a lot of infrastructural development that everyone can see. What about Alao Akala that did absolute nothing in 4 years and looted billions of Naira. The fact that Governor Ajimobi won a second term election in Oyo state (a rare feat) is a testimony of his good work. Gone forever are the days of Amala Politics in Oyo state!
Re: Oyo: 33 LGAs And 35 LCDAs To Benefit From Ongoing Construction Of 150km Of Roads by SoldierBoy1(m): 11:10am On Mar 15, 2018
Ajimobi clap for yourself. The karma coming for you is so great ehn..... Despite schooling outside Nigeria, you almost ruined all institutions in Oyo State. I heard you're planning to run for Senate, I believe Oyo south people know the kind of evil man you are by now. Thanks for making life hell for civil servants in the last few years. Infact, people are just praying to survive through till 2019 so they can enjoy the better days ahead but don't forget, you shall surely get paid by in your own coin for your evil, pride and stubbornness.

1 Like

Re: Oyo: 33 LGAs And 35 LCDAs To Benefit From Ongoing Construction Of 150km Of Roads by aftatechbiz(m): 12:41pm On Mar 15, 2018
murmee:
My dear, don't mind them. For the first time in Oyo state, we have a governor who is doing a lot of infrastructural development that everyone can see. What about Alao Akala that did absolute nothing in 4 years and looted billions of Naira. The fact that Governor Ajimobi won a second term election in Oyo state (a rare feat) is a testimony of his good work. Gone forever are the days of Amala Politics in Oyo state!
e ti je dodo,e o le sododo mo.

(1) (Reply)

Appeal Court Sacks Gombe South APC Candidate, Joshua Lidani, Nullifies Primary / Odii, PDP Petition Tribunal, Demand Sack Of Ebonyi Governor-elect, Nwifuru / Electricity Tariff Will Reduce If Exchange Rate Reduces Below N1,000/$ - Adelabu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.