Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,460 members, 7,781,331 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 12:37 PM

Who Should Initiate Salaam Between Phone Caller And Receiver? - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Who Should Initiate Salaam Between Phone Caller And Receiver? (4251 Views)

The importance of saying Salaam / Salaam alaeykum (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Should Initiate Salaam Between Phone Caller And Receiver? by Lukgaf(m): 4:56am On Mar 15, 2018
Question: Who initiates the Salaam between the caller and the receiver?
Re: Who Should Initiate Salaam Between Phone Caller And Receiver? by Lukgaf(m): 5:02am On Mar 15, 2018
Answer:

All praise is due to Allaah. May peace and blessings be on the Messenger of Allaah, his household and companions.

One day, Shaykh Al-Albaani (may Allaah have mercy on him) phoned me while I was away.

So my little daughter picked the call and said: "Assalaam alaykum warahmatullaah"

Shaykh asked after me from her and said to her, "(when your dad returns) inform him that Muhammad Naasirud-deen Al-Albaani asked called. (He didn't add 'Shaykh' to his name. And this is part of his humility. May Allaah elevate his position in Jannah, Ameen).

Upon my return, my daughter informed me that a man named Muhammad Naasirud-deen Al-Albaani had called.

Immediately, I phoned him and, after he had discussed his matter with me.

He said: O Aboo Islaam! When I called your number earlier, your daughter answered it and initiated the salaam. Is this something proven from knowledge or just a personal action from a minor? Benefit us O Aboo Islaam! (this also is part of his humility and wisdom in Da'wah. May Allaah have mercy on him).

I replied, this is something from a minor and (this is happening for the first time). What we know concerning this matter is that the receiver should only pick his call and say, "Na'am". Then, the caller should say the salaam while he the receiver responds to it and not that he initiates the greeting.

Shaykh said: Yes, this is the correct position which is known to us. The caller via telephone is like someone knocking on the door. There's no difference between them.

May Allah forgive the shortcomings of our scholars and be with them.

Related by a student of Shaykh Al-Albaani Aboo Islaam in his book "Aqeedah first, only if they know" vol.I, pp. 16-17.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Who Should Initiate Salaam Between Phone Caller And Receiver? by Lukgaf(m): 5:03am On Mar 15, 2018
Islam is beauty.

5 Likes

Re: Who Should Initiate Salaam Between Phone Caller And Receiver? by DevaintNigerian: 9:22am On Mar 16, 2018
Islam is beautiful and there's much discipline. Somehow, I wish I can learn more about them

5 Likes

Re: Who Should Initiate Salaam Between Phone Caller And Receiver? by aminho(m): 9:23am On Mar 16, 2018
very good
Re: Who Should Initiate Salaam Between Phone Caller And Receiver? by Lincoln275(m): 9:23am On Mar 16, 2018
it should be caller

3 Likes

Re: Who Should Initiate Salaam Between Phone Caller And Receiver? by phayvoursky(m): 9:23am On Mar 16, 2018
ANYONE CAN INITIATE GREETING ABEG
AS LONG THE GREETING IS NOT DESTRUCTUVE.

11 Likes

Re: Who Should Initiate Salaam Between Phone Caller And Receiver? by Eldahrix(m): 9:26am On Mar 16, 2018
Jazakallahu Khairan.

1 Like

Re: Who Should Initiate Salaam Between Phone Caller And Receiver? by rolabell(m): 9:27am On Mar 16, 2018
Masha Allah

1 Like

Re: Who Should Initiate Salaam Between Phone Caller And Receiver? by Abbertee2: 9:31am On Mar 16, 2018
jazakallahu khair

1 Like

Re: Who Should Initiate Salaam Between Phone Caller And Receiver? by Jabioro: 9:31am On Mar 16, 2018
The caller and the receiver,both of them are looking for peace,l can say peace be upon my caller and the receiver as well iniated it...is phone alive during the peace murder..

1 Like

Re: Who Should Initiate Salaam Between Phone Caller And Receiver? by Nobody: 9:42am On Mar 16, 2018
it should be both ....

1 Like

Re: Who Should Initiate Salaam Between Phone Caller And Receiver? by kaymart: 10:02am On Mar 16, 2018
Re: Who Should Initiate Salaam Between Phone Caller And Receiver? by kaymart: 10:03am On Mar 16, 2018
gibberish.....
You are among those ppl doing their very best just to blackmail Islam.
I've got nothing more to say to you.

2 Likes

Re: Who Should Initiate Salaam Between Phone Caller And Receiver? by Bimpe29: 10:11am On Mar 16, 2018
Alihamdulillah for Islam. It's the peak of mercy Allah has blessed his servants with. It's simple, easy and natural.

2 Likes

Re: Who Should Initiate Salaam Between Phone Caller And Receiver? by Sterope(f): 10:12am On Mar 16, 2018
Some questions eh! Why? angry

4 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Eid L Adha: Conditions For The Udhiyah (ram/as The Case May Be) / The Fast Of Al-ayaamul-ul-beed (13th, 14th And 15th) Of Muharram / Was Eve Created From Adam's Rib?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.