Stats: 3,148,894 members, 7,802,877 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:59 AM

Best 54 Schools In The 2006 West African Senior Secondary Certificate Exams - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Best 54 Schools In The 2006 West African Senior Secondary Certificate Exams (36715 Views)

When Your Best Friend Turns You Down During Exams (pix) / West African Union University, Cotonou, Benin Rep / Floods Bring Snakes To Schools In Delta (2) (3) (4)

Re: Best 54 Schools In The 2006 West African Senior Secondary Certificate Exams by ayomajek(f): 10:42am On Mar 10, 2007
And as far as authenticity goes, make we wait for WAEC to announce officially now. Then we will see.
Re: Best 54 Schools In The 2006 West African Senior Secondary Certificate Exams by ladykay(f): 2:49pm On Mar 11, 2007
@ Ayomajek, thanks for being up to date about QC u're telling the truth

@ Omo Eko, QC aint a wack school. Like it or leave it, it is still one of the top schools in Nigeria at almost 80 years of age and considering the rot in the education system. The girls u spoke about that might have been doin those things dont make up the population of the whole of QC which is at present over 2000. And whatever u knw of bad behaviour was in the past. the teachers are very strict now.
Pls lets give it to the school, it has and is still producing many scholars and professionals worthy of note.

@ 4play, the list is not false. The Education Minister, Mrs Obiageli Ezekwesili confirmed it today while giving a talk at TREM.

@ Rof Imao, again, the list aint false and I did not attend QC. I finished from Fed Govt Girls College, Benin City (and i love my school). As a journalist on the education beat, it is my business to follow news and issues in the education sector.

and finally, QC has won the best overall prize in the WASSCE six times between 1985 and 2003. I dnt have the records for 2004 and 2005. last year (2006) was the seventh time.
Re: Best 54 Schools In The 2006 West African Senior Secondary Certificate Exams by onyeozi(m): 11:51am On Mar 13, 2007
hiu everone i think d list is false cos 4rm consultations d top of it all is
FEDERAL GOVERNMENT COLLEGE,NISE,which emerged first on d list ,ok?
pls stop feedingus with false results
Re: Best 54 Schools In The 2006 West African Senior Secondary Certificate Exams by ayomajek(f): 8:39pm On Mar 13, 2007
@ onyeozi

pls what is your source? The list announced by the minister, or something else?

Also pls tell me something about this school you mentioned because i have never heard of it. thanks.
Re: Best 54 Schools In The 2006 West African Senior Secondary Certificate Exams by Seun(m): 9:30pm On Mar 13, 2007
@ Seun, I'm protected by law not to disclose my source.
Madam, there is no such law. That's a lie. It would have been better to say "I can't tell you because I stole it" wink.
Re: Best 54 Schools In The 2006 West African Senior Secondary Certificate Exams by ladykay(f): 10:29pm On Mar 13, 2007
@ Seun, media law allows me to quote a source without disclosing the person or institution. If you don't know, pls find out after all you are supposed to be well read. lipsrsealed

And as i told you before, go to the West African Examination Council National Office at Yaba and apply for the statistics. If you can adequately satisfy them on the purpose you want to use the stats for, you will get it.

If you cannot, then wait till November when WAEC will officially announce it and award prizes to the best schools and candidates.

And, If the Education Minister, Mrs Obiageli Ezekwesili could confirm it, then you do not have to believe it.

@ Onyeozi, FGC Nise aint on the list of first 55 for 2006 WASSCE. Maybe they were the best for 2005 which WAEC is just announcing this week. So pls cross check your facts.
Re: Best 54 Schools In The 2006 West African Senior Secondary Certificate Exams by Seun(m): 10:52pm On Mar 13, 2007
Seun, media law allows me to quote a source without disclosing the person or institution. If you don't know, please find out after all you are supposed to be well read.
ladykay, don't forget that this is my private website. 'Media laws' cannot force me to accept a story that falls below my standards. The laws are there to protect journalists from prosecution. Publishers are not compelled to accept stories without sources. I may not be able to prosecute you, but I can delete unsubstantiated stories.

Your response would only have been appropriate if I had threatened to sue you. Otherwise, it's just childish.
Re: Best 54 Schools In The 2006 West African Senior Secondary Certificate Exams by Douzy(m): 9:28am On Mar 14, 2007
Well, if it's based on the total aggregates of the best 50 candidates, my school doesn't usually register up to or more than 50 candidates for the WAEC exams, even though there are usually more than 50 students in JSS1. . .lol. Little wonder it's not on the list. tongue
Re: Best 54 Schools In The 2006 West African Senior Secondary Certificate Exams by jgirl3: 9:44am On Mar 14, 2007
@ Kommy, do you have YIM?
Re: Best 54 Schools In The 2006 West African Senior Secondary Certificate Exams by Douzy(m): 9:48am On Mar 14, 2007
No, I don't.
Re: Best 54 Schools In The 2006 West African Senior Secondary Certificate Exams by jgirl3: 9:19pm On Mar 14, 2007
Douzy, i was asking kommy, not you.
Re: Best 54 Schools In The 2006 West African Senior Secondary Certificate Exams by Douzy(m): 9:55pm On Mar 14, 2007
Yea, I know. Go to her profile!
Re: Best 54 Schools In The 2006 West African Senior Secondary Certificate Exams by jgirl3: 9:57pm On Mar 14, 2007
i checked already - she only has AIM there. That's why i asked
Re: Best 54 Schools In The 2006 West African Senior Secondary Certificate Exams by Douzy(m): 10:02pm On Mar 14, 2007
OK, I guess she's removed it, but I bet I saw it there in the morning when she was online.
Re: Best 54 Schools In The 2006 West African Senior Secondary Certificate Exams by jgirl3: 10:55pm On Mar 14, 2007
Oh okay.
Re: Best 54 Schools In The 2006 West African Senior Secondary Certificate Exams by jjuummaaii(f): 7:08pm On Mar 16, 2007
Did u guys notice that most of the schools that came out tops are govt owned schools (state& Fed) what happened to all the numerous private schools with exorbitant school fees that are only meant for the extremely rich. well it just goes to tell us somtin
Re: Best 54 Schools In The 2006 West African Senior Secondary Certificate Exams by ladykay(f): 7:56pm On Mar 16, 2007
@jjuumaaii, I noticed that too. In fact stats i got from WAEC showed that since 1985, its only about five schools that have been dominating the best WASSCE result. QC has won it 7 times. Federal Govt Academy, Suleija, has also won it several times. I thnk KC has won twice, then International School, Lagos (ISL) has won twice also. The only full private expensive school which is also a missionary school that has won it twice and this year came third is Loyola Jesuit, Abuja.
Also from WAEC stats, the best three candidates for each year (since 1985) are mostly from Federal Govt Colleges and a few other missionary or government schools. Those who make 1st to 3rd position (of best candidates) are not up to one percent.
So u see, some parents are just throwing their money away paying expensive school fees.
Re: Best 54 Schools In The 2006 West African Senior Secondary Certificate Exams by ladykay(f): 8:10pm On Mar 16, 2007
@ Seun, I dont know why this topic has rubbed you the wrong way.
I have repeatedly told you to confirm the list from WAEC. When you do that, then you can tell whether it is genuine or not.
As per Media laws, they are there to show journalists what they can or cannot do within the law, not to protect them from prosecution. The right to withold info about a source is to protect that source - not necessarily the journalist.
You call this your private website yet you threw it open to internet users to be a part of it and use it to express their opinions.
Mr Nairaland website owner, if you delete this thread, it will not affect my life in the minutest way. You are very free to do so.
It would just go a long way to make some other things obvious
Re: Best 54 Schools In The 2006 West African Senior Secondary Certificate Exams by 9ja4eva: 9:41pm On Mar 16, 2007
I really do hope we have freedom of speech here.Good to know our Federal Schools still top.
Re: Best 54 Schools In The 2006 West African Senior Secondary Certificate Exams by jjuummaaii(f): 9:39pm On Mar 21, 2007
ladykay:

@ Seun, I don't know why this topic has rubbed you the wrong way.
I have repeatedly told you to confirm the list from WAEC. When you do that, then you can tell whether it is genuine or not.
As per Media laws, they are there to show journalists what they can or cannot do within the law, not to protect them from prosecution. The right to withold info about a source is to protect that source - not necessarily the journalist.
You call this your private website yet you threw it open to internet users to be a part of it and use it to express their opinions.
Mr Nairaland website owner, if you delete this thread, it will not affect my life in the minutest way. You are very free to do so.
It would just go a long way to make some other things obvious

Nice one, i really do not know what the fuss is all about. Mr NL comment if u want to or take ur eyes of the board or better still delete the thread as u always threaten. na wetin??
Re: Best 54 Schools In The 2006 West African Senior Secondary Certificate Exams by jjuummaaii(f): 9:47pm On Mar 21, 2007
ladykay:

@jjuumaaii, I noticed that too. In fact stats i got from WAEC showed that since 1985, its only about five schools that have been dominating the best WASSCE result. QC has won it 7 times. Federal Govt Academy, Suleija, has also won it several times. I thnk KC has won twice, then International School, Lagos (ISL) has won twice also. The only full private expensive school which is also a missionary school that has won it twice and this year came third is Loyola Jesuit, Abuja.
Also from WAEC stats, the best three candidates for each year (since 1985) are mostly from Federal Govt Colleges and a few other missionary or government schools. Those who make 1st to 3rd position (of best candidates) are not up to one percent.
So u see, some parents are just throwing their money away paying expensive school fees.

some parents pay as much as a million per year for a child yet they dont get anyth out of it while some others go to sch for free or for a meagre amount yet come out tops, it only shows that u no matter how much u pay for ur child u cannot open the brain up and fix the books there.
I know of a family frend that his kids are in one American sch in Abj he spennd close to 5mill per year for 4 or them yet his kids dont know jack, they just go to sch to play and come back home to demand all sorts of things from their father, and its not like the man is extremely rich, cos he actually has to give out an arm and a leg to pay there fees just to feel among that he's kids are in expensive schools.
Re: Best 54 Schools In The 2006 West African Senior Secondary Certificate Exams by tpia: 1:54am On Mar 22, 2007
why isnt this list on the WAEC website, if it's valid?

I just checked and it's not there.

They should post these results on their website.
Re: Best 54 Schools In The 2006 West African Senior Secondary Certificate Exams by 9ja4eva: 7:48am On Mar 22, 2007
jjuummaaii:

some parents pay as much as a million per year for a child yet they don't get anyth out of it while some others go to sch for free or for a meagre amount yet come out tops, it only shows that u no matter how much u pay for your child u cannot open the brain up and fix the books there.
I know of a family frend that his kids are in one American sch in Abj he spennd close to 5mill per year for 4 or them yet his kids don't know jack, they just go to sch to play and come back home to demand all sorts of things from their father, and its not like the man is extremely rich, because he actually has to give out an arm and a leg to pay there fees just to feel among that he's kids are in expensive schools.

Well i really do not think Private schools makes one brillant i think its more like hardwork and that u find common among peeps in Public skuls.Its jst determination too.
Re: Best 54 Schools In The 2006 West African Senior Secondary Certificate Exams by jjuummaaii(f): 2:15pm On Mar 22, 2007
yeah think so too
Re: Best 54 Schools In The 2006 West African Senior Secondary Certificate Exams by 9ja4eva: 3:11am On Mar 23, 2007
Yeah cos i really see no difference between students in private and public schools.Depends on d child and host of other factors.
Re: Best 54 Schools In The 2006 West African Senior Secondary Certificate Exams by lolade60: 4:48pm On Mar 23, 2007
stop hating qc people the fact is this what is good would continue to be good weve messed up once (2003) but we are back again so all of u guys should take chill pills.
Re: Best 54 Schools In The 2006 West African Senior Secondary Certificate Exams by 9ja4eva: 3:10am On Mar 24, 2007
No doubt QC is a top skul.
Re: Best 54 Schools In The 2006 West African Senior Secondary Certificate Exams by kitaun(m): 7:07pm On May 01, 2007
If the list does not comprise Mayflower School Ikenne and Iganmode high school, then its a sham list cool
Re: Best 54 Schools In The 2006 West African Senior Secondary Certificate Exams by anusule(m): 11:05pm On May 02, 2007
9ja4eva:

No doubt QC is a top skul.

dat one is just story, crap,
a gurl from 'QC' umar, left the school for my school 'jubilee college'. why? the school is just over hyped, theres nothing about it.
i dint see jubilee college in the list, maybe they forgot to put it undecided but in our ssce, we all had A's. u want prove? grin
Re: Best 54 Schools In The 2006 West African Senior Secondary Certificate Exams by tegs0703(m): 11:43am On May 03, 2007
WHY ARE YOU GUYZ JEALOUS ABOUT QC.THEY HAVE REALLY BEEN OUTSTANDING BUT NEVA MIND BEFORE THE END OF NEXT SESION KING'S COLLEGE WILL COME BACK TO THEIR FIRST POSITION.ITIS A RIGHT. GREETINGS TO ALL KCOB's ON NAIRALAND.FLOREAT!!!
Re: Best 54 Schools In The 2006 West African Senior Secondary Certificate Exams by 9ja4eva: 5:17am On May 04, 2007
anusule:

that one is just story, crap,
a girl from 'QC' umar, left the school for my school 'jubilee college'. why? the school is just over hyped, theres nothing about it.
i dint see jubilee college in the list, maybe they forgot to put it undecided but in our ssce, we all had A's. u want prove? grin

Its still a top skul though
Re: Best 54 Schools In The 2006 West African Senior Secondary Certificate Exams by anusule(m): 12:35am On May 05, 2007
9ja4eva:

Its still a top skul though

yeah grin

A Classroom In Abule Egba, Lagos Looks Like A Dustbin (Photo) / Check Your JSCE Result Online / LASU Withdraws ASUU Chairman’s Phd Certificates, 13 Others