Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,455 members, 7,808,618 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:21 PM

A Job That Pays Well Or A Job That Offers Experience - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / A Job That Pays Well Or A Job That Offers Experience (7897 Views)

Which Federal Government Parastatal Pays Well / Ever Been Offered A Job That You Rejected By Email? / Top Ten Less Stressful Jobs That Pays Well (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Job That Pays Well Or A Job That Offers Experience by Kaybaba5(m): 7:54am On Mar 16, 2018
WHo experience epps, Abeg give me job that gives big money....
Re: A Job That Pays Well Or A Job That Offers Experience by olowobaba10: 7:58am On Mar 16, 2018
IS LAI LIE MOHAMMED YOUR UNCLE?
twinskenny:

Got a job of 200k to just to monitor an hotel network system.. the Got another one 110k this was my field with a lot more to learn.. I choose the 110k bro

2 Likes

Re: A Job That Pays Well Or A Job That Offers Experience by donqx: 8:01am On Mar 16, 2018
pay
Re: A Job That Pays Well Or A Job That Offers Experience by Krafty006: 8:03am On Mar 16, 2018
All of the above , learn shoemaking.... check my profile.
Re: A Job That Pays Well Or A Job That Offers Experience by Mak4web(m): 8:04am On Mar 16, 2018
Both
Re: A Job That Pays Well Or A Job That Offers Experience by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 8:09am On Mar 16, 2018
Badge1:
I need an example of a job that pays well without offering experience

PA to a politician;
engineer in a bank,
geologist working in a hospital,
geologist working in an insurance company,
freshly graduated doctor working in a university health center,
accounting graduate working in a supermarket...

should I go on ?

1 Like

Re: A Job That Pays Well Or A Job That Offers Experience by mfm04622: 8:20am On Mar 16, 2018
Is there any job that doesn't offer experience? Or you mean relevant experience? If so, relevant to what?
Re: A Job That Pays Well Or A Job That Offers Experience by mfm04622: 8:23am On Mar 16, 2018
IamaNigerianGuy:

PA to a politician;
engineer in a bank,
geologist working in a hospital,
geologist working in an insurance company,
freshly graduated doctor working in a university health center,
accounting graduate working in a supermarket...

should I go on ?

Those jobs comes with experience! Maybe not relevant to what you studied, but still it is experience. I trained as an engineer and I work in a bank. I started as a banker, but now in maintenance department. So you want to tell me I don't have engineering experience? If I had remained a banker, I would have years of banking experience and I will be known as a banker and seek career progression as a banker

2 Likes

Re: A Job That Pays Well Or A Job That Offers Experience by Kimikazi2: 8:32am On Mar 16, 2018
Who experience help?
Re: A Job That Pays Well Or A Job That Offers Experience by MrGreenMavro: 8:47am On Mar 16, 2018
Baba....my guy na geologist but he dy wrk for bank, he is thinking of switching to IT, pls which IT cos can he do?

1 Like

Re: A Job That Pays Well Or A Job That Offers Experience by bigplayerz(m): 9:02am On Mar 16, 2018
Take the one with job security...but with our economy i feel you should take the job with high pay and go and further your education in your career to be more relevant in your field/profession. BE SMART
Re: A Job That Pays Well Or A Job That Offers Experience by bobeedee(f): 9:15am On Mar 16, 2018
money first, then experience follows. One will need to keep body n soul together to learn. Eni tebi npa ko le gbo iwaasu

1 Like

Re: A Job That Pays Well Or A Job That Offers Experience by anitasoll(f): 9:22am On Mar 16, 2018
I must say I would go for the experience because just like what you mentioned, having experience and skills will likely get you in the position where the company wouldn't want to lose you. But after getting experience, the best would be to start your own business. Nothing beats that. There are a lot of business opportunities out there which you can start with little to no capital.

Those who are interested to know what are those business opportunities I am talking about, let me know smiley
Re: A Job That Pays Well Or A Job That Offers Experience by mzangy: 9:24am On Mar 16, 2018
twinskenny:

Got a job of 200k to just to monitor an hotel network system.. the Got another one 110k this was my field with a lot more to learn.. I choose the 110k bro
Cool then
Re: A Job That Pays Well Or A Job That Offers Experience by cecegorz(m): 9:34am On Mar 16, 2018
DominusBen:
Taking a job just for the money might seem like a reasonable thing to do, but that does not mean it’s a good idea especially if your career is just kicking off. It’s advisable that at this point in your career, your focus shouldn’t be on accumulating immense wealth, instead, it should be on how you can gain the necessary experience that will enable you become the best in whatever you do.

This is because, having lots of training and experience in whatever career you choose does not only equip you with the essential skills and knowledge that’s required to propel you to the next level, it also makes you a valuable asset rather than a liability for the organization you will work for.

Though there are exceptions to this, like when the responsibilities in your hands are much and will require finance for them to be taken care of, then by all means, go for a job that pays more. But if that’s not the case, then you should go for a job that will enable you attain experience in whatever career you have chosen.

The money will come later and in greater amount than when you have not gained any experience because, people or organizations usually want the best of the best and will be willing to pay more for your services if you are an expert with lots of experience in your field.

Source: http://werealm.com/a-job-that-pays-well-or-a-job-that-offers-experience/

Go for Experience ONLY when you're still new in that field so you can be well grounded and be able to hold your ground any where, say less than 5 years in, after that go for the raw cold cash and be ONLY available to the highest bidder!
Same principle that the highest paid team sports personnel apply.

2 Likes

Re: A Job That Pays Well Or A Job That Offers Experience by produce(m): 9:37am On Mar 16, 2018
No matter what the experience you gather brings a well paid job you must start somewhere @ a level irrespective of the career an individual chose. Eg Messi, or Ronaldo experience gives them a well paid job on field same as a white collar job looking at it from 2 different angles. Besides if you dont have experience or skill how do you apply it at job given..hope you get the gimmick

1 Like

Re: A Job That Pays Well Or A Job That Offers Experience by GidisFinest: 9:42am On Mar 16, 2018
Pays well? Depends on the difference, you have to weigh your options here, you can take the money and develop yourself or if the cash is not worth the exposure then go for the experience instead
Re: A Job That Pays Well Or A Job That Offers Experience by edrys(m): 12:58pm On Mar 16, 2018
Na experience wan buy food for house ni. On a lighter note.

1 Like

Re: A Job That Pays Well Or A Job That Offers Experience by Adrian99: 1:14pm On Mar 16, 2018
i will go for experience because we all need to develop ourselves.
Re: A Job That Pays Well Or A Job That Offers Experience by Nobody: 2:43pm On Mar 16, 2018
Yewandequeen:
For me I would say going for the experience is better. When you have good no of yrs of experience n become an expertise in your field the money you think is good pay now would be nothing compared to what you will worth and earn by then.

Exactly smiley
Re: A Job That Pays Well Or A Job That Offers Experience by Nobody: 2:45pm On Mar 16, 2018
anitasoll:
I must say I would go for the experience because just like what you mentioned, having experience and skills will likely get you in the position where the company wouldn't want to lose you. But after getting experience, the best would be to start your own business. Nothing beats that. There are a lot of business opportunities out there which you can start with little to no capital.

Those who are interested to know what are those business opportunities I am talking about, let me know smiley

Very true
Re: A Job That Pays Well Or A Job That Offers Experience by MisterPresident(m): 4:17pm On Mar 16, 2018
As a few people have said, go for experience if you're just starting out in that career path.

But remember that you can never stop learning as there is always somehing new to learn. So know when to leave your learning experience to focus on making money. If not, you will end up being intelligent but lacking the wealth commensurate to your knowledge.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Job That Pays Well Or A Job That Offers Experience by lebete3000: 9:53pm On Mar 16, 2018
twinskenny:
Hmmm I was faced with this decision some years back.. Thank God I make the right decision then..

And what was your decision then pls?
Re: A Job That Pays Well Or A Job That Offers Experience by lebete3000: 9:56pm On Mar 16, 2018
twinskenny:

So how are you doing now?
Re: A Job That Pays Well Or A Job That Offers Experience by lebete3000: 10:02pm On Mar 16, 2018
MisterPresident:
As a few people have said, go for experience if you're just starting out in that career path.

But remember that you can never stop learning as there is always somehing new to learn. So know when to leave your learning experience to focus on making money. If not, you will end up being intelligent but lacking the wealth commensurate to your knowledge.

Very apt response!
Re: A Job That Pays Well Or A Job That Offers Experience by anitasoll(f): 7:58am On Mar 19, 2018
DominusBen:

Very true

thank you for agreeing with me.

1 Like

Re: A Job That Pays Well Or A Job That Offers Experience by anitasoll(f): 3:29am On Mar 23, 2018
DominusBen:

Very true

Thnaks for agreeing with me smiley

(1) (2) (Reply)

Oil And Gas Training In Port Harcourt. Postponed!!!! / Faststream UK recruits Maintenance Electrical Supervisor in Nigeria- oil and Gas / Nig Breweries Management Trainees Info???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.