Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,896 members, 7,802,885 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:34 AM

Succor At Last For All Apapa Road Users, But It Comes With A Price! - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Succor At Last For All Apapa Road Users, But It Comes With A Price! (22541 Views)

Video Of How Road Users In The Netherlands Give Way To An Ambulance(pix,vid) / Flood Washes Away Bridge In Imo, FUTO Students, Road Users Stranded (Photos) / Apapa-road Gridlock: How Companies Move Cargoes From Lagos Ports -PHOTOS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Succor At Last For All Apapa Road Users, But It Comes With A Price! by AutoReportNG: 3:52pm On Mar 16, 2018
When the Nigerian Navy gave a directive to all tanker drivers plying the Apapa, Wharf, Marine Beach bridge to vacate, many people including me took with a pinch of salt as the tanker drivers were notorious for disobeying government orders, not only that they have turned the bridge to their park thereby causing untold hardship to all users within that area, a journey of 15mins turned to 2-3hrs all thanks to the tanker drivers in those routes. When the Navy chief issued the directive, we thought its business as usual. We are at Apapa-Ijora axis today for a private matter and lo and behold, this is a new Lagos! Who could have imagined that the notorious Ijora bridge could be as free as this not only that Ijora 7up all the way to Brewery was free and vehicles were moving.

AutoReportNG spoke with an Okada rider who plies that route to ask about the whereabouts of the tankers, according to him, "The Navy has chased them to under bridge, so they no longer stay here, we decided to take a bike to have a trip to the underbridge he was talking about, that was when we understand what he meant. We realized that they were chased from Ijora Olopa to Marine Beach, what this meant is that no tanker or trailer should park on the bridge, so you have to keep moving. When we got to National Theatre, Brewery, what we saw is not too good as the tanker drivers have practically blocked everywhere including the road that leads to Nigeria Brewery office, cars have to take one-way to access the road that leads to Orile, Mile 2 etc.

The traffic in this area was so much that it caused serious traffic to those going to Costain from Apogbon as the road from Costain was practically locked down thereby causing road block to all the road users in this area.

In as much as we saluate the dodginess of the Navy and those of the Nigeria Police to restore normalcy to Apapa Bridge, we felt there should also be a way to curb the menace that is building up at Costain, Brewery area as well.

Source:
http://www.autoreportng.com/2018/03/succor-at-last-for-all-apapa-road-users.html

4 Likes

Re: Succor At Last For All Apapa Road Users, But It Comes With A Price! by AutoReportNG: 3:53pm On Mar 16, 2018

Re: Succor At Last For All Apapa Road Users, But It Comes With A Price! by AutoReportNG: 3:53pm On Mar 16, 2018
Re: Succor At Last For All Apapa Road Users, But It Comes With A Price! by Gboom: 4:02pm On Mar 16, 2018
Your story is half judging from your pictures posted above, Did you pass through Western Avenue of late. Up till this morning the tankers are still parking from Ikorodu road bridge to Constain/ Iponri bridge

14 Likes

Re: Succor At Last For All Apapa Road Users, But It Comes With A Price! by AutoReportNG: 4:09pm On Mar 16, 2018
Gboom:
Your story is half judging from your pictures posted above, Did you pass through Western Avenue of late. Up till this morning the tankers are still parking from Ikorodu road bridge to Constain/ Iponri bridge

Yes I do, but the headline says Apapa Users, Apapa has been an eyesore for road users for God knows when now. Western Ave story is coming soon, we have our hands on that. So as they say in Nollywood, Watch out!!!

@Lalasticlala

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Succor At Last For All Apapa Road Users, But It Comes With A Price! by AutoReportNG: 12:49pm On Mar 17, 2018
Lalasticlala
Re: Succor At Last For All Apapa Road Users, But It Comes With A Price! by SexyBabe001: 11:26pm On Mar 26, 2018
@Lalasticlala, biko FP my sweetheart
Re: Succor At Last For All Apapa Road Users, But It Comes With A Price! by Amirullaha(m): 1:24pm On Mar 27, 2018
SexyBabe001:
@Lalasticlala, biko FP my sweetheart
Now that it has reached front page; what do you want to say!??

2 Likes

Re: Succor At Last For All Apapa Road Users, But It Comes With A Price! by Okundaye4(m): 1:24pm On Mar 27, 2018
Good development.
Re: Succor At Last For All Apapa Road Users, But It Comes With A Price! by mayowascholar(m): 1:24pm On Mar 27, 2018
issokay
Re: Succor At Last For All Apapa Road Users, But It Comes With A Price! by yomalex(m): 1:26pm On Mar 27, 2018
alright
Re: Succor At Last For All Apapa Road Users, But It Comes With A Price! by Queenserah26(f): 1:26pm On Mar 27, 2018
Okay o
Re: Succor At Last For All Apapa Road Users, But It Comes With A Price! by maxiuc(m): 1:26pm On Mar 27, 2018
What is Fiat truck still doing on Nigerian roads
Re: Succor At Last For All Apapa Road Users, But It Comes With A Price! by Bakynes24: 1:29pm On Mar 27, 2018
In fact I don't know how they want to solve this issue, an organized trailer park needs to be built to keep them off the roads, so they have left Apapa and now parking on Western ave that doesn't experience much gridlock.

1 Like

Re: Succor At Last For All Apapa Road Users, But It Comes With A Price! by MANNABBQGRILLS: 1:31pm On Mar 27, 2018
Good development
Re: Succor At Last For All Apapa Road Users, But It Comes With A Price! by Masicut: 1:31pm On Mar 27, 2018
Learn mobile app development.... Take our on-demand course .....and get the basic coding skills.....
you need to build..... a mobile app using

1 Share

Re: Succor At Last For All Apapa Road Users, But It Comes With A Price! by dozymars(m): 1:33pm On Mar 27, 2018
If the tankers are still parked at Iganmu bridge, costain to Lagos Island bridge, western avenue to Lagos Island then they have not fuly complied.

The number of trucks and tankers on Lagos roads are too many, they are trying to match up with the number of cars.
Re: Succor At Last For All Apapa Road Users, But It Comes With A Price! by marvin906(m): 1:38pm On Mar 27, 2018
mearsk my dream company

2 Likes

Re: Succor At Last For All Apapa Road Users, But It Comes With A Price! by bankulizer: 1:47pm On Mar 27, 2018
Hey, don't be misinformed, the FG and LASG struck a final deal with the Tanker Drivers. You would hear about it soon. Big succour finally! Too much misinformation on NL.
Re: Succor At Last For All Apapa Road Users, But It Comes With A Price! by Kennydoc(m): 1:53pm On Mar 27, 2018
Why should Apapa port be the main port that will be serving almost 200m people?
I don't know what the problem of Nigeria is and the whole politics involved in this shipment business. Why can't Calabar and PH ports become fully functional?

3 Likes

Re: Succor At Last For All Apapa Road Users, But It Comes With A Price! by poshtie: 1:59pm On Mar 27, 2018
lagos na wah
Re: Succor At Last For All Apapa Road Users, But It Comes With A Price! by don4real18(m): 2:11pm On Mar 27, 2018
Apapa is still filled with trailers... That's where I reside.
Re: Succor At Last For All Apapa Road Users, But It Comes With A Price! by divineappo(m): 2:15pm On Mar 27, 2018
Kennydoc:
Why should Apapa port be the main port that will be serving almost 200m people?
I don't know what the problem of Nigeria is and the whole politics involved in this shipment business. Why can't Calabar and PH ports become fully functional?
why don't u ask ur state Governor.

Am into export, my question is, is it FG that warned me never to use the seaport in your state?

Na my choice. Your governor knows what to do.

2 Likes

Re: Succor At Last For All Apapa Road Users, But It Comes With A Price! by Bimpe29: 2:51pm On Mar 27, 2018
This supposed to have the front page since 16th of March, 2018 when it was posted. However, as an optimist the development at Ijora Bridge has rekindled my belief that Nigeria will be better and more prosperous. All we need is sincerity and political will.

1 Like

Re: Succor At Last For All Apapa Road Users, But It Comes With A Price! by MaziOmenuko: 3:06pm On Mar 27, 2018
AutoReportNG:

Yes I do, but the headline says Apapa Users, Apapa has been an eyesore for road users for God knows when now. Western Ave story is coming soon, we have our hands on that. So as they say in Nollywood, Watch out!!!

Dem chase dem comot for Ijora axis, dem port come Mile2 axis come dey block everywhere for 2nd rainbow, Festac and Amuwo. That area na die! dis one na robbing peter to pay paul.

2 Likes

Re: Succor At Last For All Apapa Road Users, But It Comes With A Price! by Tex42(m): 3:11pm On Mar 27, 2018
maxiuc:
What is Fiat truck still doing on Nigerian roads

Because it is Nigeria...

Have u asked what a dinosaur[Buhari ] still doing in Aso Rock.
Re: Succor At Last For All Apapa Road Users, But It Comes With A Price! by Kobicove(m): 3:31pm On Mar 27, 2018
undecided
Re: Succor At Last For All Apapa Road Users, But It Comes With A Price! by Lanre4uonly(m): 4:10pm On Mar 27, 2018
Government need to provide a place for parking those trucks so as to avoid the same thing repeating itself.
Re: Succor At Last For All Apapa Road Users, But It Comes With A Price! by AutoReportNG2: 4:55pm On Mar 27, 2018
Lanre4uonly:
Government need to provide a place for parking those trucks so as to avoid the same thing repeating itself.

They are constructing one at Marine Beach in Apapa

Read it here...

http://www.autoreportng.com/2018/03/fg-lagos-state-government-team-up-to.html
Re: Succor At Last For All Apapa Road Users, But It Comes With A Price! by Chienex24(m): 5:24pm On Mar 27, 2018
[quote author=SexyBabe001 post=66185933]@Lalasticlala, biko FP my sweetheart[/quote

Ladies & tactics!!!
Now na sweetheart dem dy use carry topic go front page

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigeria Airways Begins Operations, December 2018 (Photos) / Lagos, Abuja, Rivers, Imo, Kano, Enugu Dominate Air Traffic Data 2Q (Photos) / 5 Tips To Increase Your Chances Of Surviving A Plane Crash

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.