Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,806 members, 7,798,720 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 09:13 AM

Buy From OFFERUP, Ebay, Amazon, In New York City!! & Ship To Nigeria - Technology Market (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / Buy From OFFERUP, Ebay, Amazon, In New York City!! & Ship To Nigeria (278573 Views)

All Offerup, Letgo, Craigslist, 5miles, Ebay, Amazon Deals.*READ FIRST PAGE* / PICK UP SERVICE FROM OFFERUP, LETGO AND PERSONAL SHOPPING IN ATLANTA / Deals From Offerup, Letgo, 5miles, Craigslist by PZ Gadgets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (170) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buy From OFFERUP, Ebay, Amazon, In New York City!! & Ship To Nigeria by Clone2020(m): 8:43pm On Mar 20, 2018
Another failed pickup attempt. Silly oyinbo seller tried to sell a locked Samsung galaxy S8 despite being asked if the phone was unlocked before the meeting. Please always ask for the IMEI and check the status of the phone before hand. If the seller refuses to give out the IMEI, remind him that the person picking up will test 3 different network sim cards and if anyone doesn't work, he wouldn't buy it. I think they feel like most buyers are gullible. I will post the steps in checking IMEI status in the next post.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buy From OFFERUP, Ebay, Amazon, In New York City!! & Ship To Nigeria by Clone2020(m): 8:44pm On Mar 20, 2018
Please guys always ask for the IMEI of the phones you are interested in buying and run a check online. I’ve noticed most dishonest sellers won’t give you the IMEI. In this case, please remind the seller that the person picking up has sim cards from AT&T, Tmobile, and sprint and he will test all 3 and if they don’t all work, he won’t buy it. This way they know they might get busted and back out from the deal.

Step One
visit www.imepro.com and input the IMEI in the box.
For iPhones, make sure the brand says “Apple.” Phone model matches the one the seller told you, it will say something like “iPhone 8 A1863” for iPhone 8. Make sure Find my iPhone is “OFF.” If Find My iPhone isn’t off, please tell the seller to turn off the phone before I get there. Make sure iCloud status* says “Clean.” Make sure blacklist status** says “Clean.” See a picture example below.

For Samsung Phones make sure the brand says “Samsung” and the phone model matches what the seller told you, it will say something like “Galaxy S7 Edge G935T” for Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge.

If step one’s blacklist status doesn’t say clean but says “UNKNOWN” please visit https://swappa.com/esn, input the IMEI and make sure the blacklisted result says “Not Indicated” and the Activation status reads “Clear.” Then proceed to Step Two (someone just told me you need a vpn to access swappa from Nigeria, thanks Macaulish)

Step Two
Check to see if the phone is locked to any network or under financial obligation. On the same website www.IMEIpro.com simply click on the top you are a selection to check AT&T, Sprint and T-Mobile. Simply click any of the following at the top of the page “US AT&T IMEI checker” or “US Sprint IMEI checker” or “US T-Mobile IMEI checker.”

For AT&T http://www.imeipro.info/att-imei-check.html
For Sprint http://www.imeipro.info/sprint_imei_check.html
For T-Mobile http://www.imeipro.info/tmobile-imei-check.html

If the status says “IMEI is clean in Tmobile network” for example, it means that phone was activated on Tmobile and the seller owes no money and therefore has every right to ask Tmobile to unlock it so that he can sell it. Usually this means that the phone is unlocked.
If you checked one network and the result says “It seems this device does not belong to US T-Mobile carrier” please check Sprint and AT&T. If none of the 3 networks yields anything, it most likely means that the phone belongs to Verizon and that’s generally a good thing because Verizon phones are usually unlocked. Just make sure step one shows that the phone is clean.
If you checked and it says FED Policy (financial eligibility): “Not eligible” or Status “The device is still under financial responsibility and or contract” it means that the phone is locked to that network because the seller still owes money (see picture below). What might happen is that the seller probably stole the phone and it has not been reported yet. Or the seller still owes money and stopped paying, but once he sells it to you, he might report it stolen later or the network provider will just blacklist it. Again just because a phone is black listed doesn’t mean it will not work in Nigeria, usually they are only blacklisted on American networks and usually work in Nigeria, just know that’s what it is and you can use it as a bargaining chip to negotiate a lower price.

That’s it guys, doing this will prevent an uneventful pickup and paying unnecessary fuel charges. If you are unable to carry out this check please pay someone like frinx 500 naira to help you, definitely way less than $20 or more fuel charge. When I’m chanced I might make a quick video.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buy From OFFERUP, Ebay, Amazon, In New York City!! & Ship To Nigeria by Opistorincos(m): 8:48pm On Mar 20, 2018
Clone2020:
Please guys always ask for the IMEI of the phones you are interested in buying and run a check online. I’ve noticed most dishonest sellers won’t give you the IMEI. In this case, please remind the seller that the person picking up has sim cards from AT&T, Tmobile, and sprint and he will test all 3 and if they don’t all work, he won’t buy it. This way they know they might get busted and back out from the deal.

Step One
For iPhones, make sure the brand says “Apple.” Phone model matches the one the seller told you, it will say something like “iPhone 8 A1863” for iPhone 8. Make sure Find my iPhone is “OFF.” If Find My iPhone isn’t off, please tell the seller to turn off the phone before I get there. Make sure iCloud status* says “Clean.” Make sure blacklist status** says “Clean.” See a picture example below.
For Samsung Phones make sure the brand says “Samsung” and the phone model matches what the seller told you, it will say something like “Galaxy S7 Edge G935T” for Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge.

If step one’s blacklist status doesn’t say clean but says “UNKOWN” please visit https://swappa.com/esn, input the IMEI and make sure the blacklisted result says “Not Indicated” and the Activation status reads “Clear.” Then proceed to Step Two

Step Two
Check to see if the phone is locked to any network or under financial obligation. On the same website www.IMEIpro.comsimply click on the top you are a selection to check AT&T, Sprint and T-Mobile. Simply click any of the following at the top of the page “US AT&T IMEI checker” or “US Sprint IMEI checker” or “US T-Mobile IMEI checker.”

If the status says “IMEI is clean in Tmobile network” for example, it means that phone was activated on Tmobile and the seller owes no money and therefore has every right to ask Tmobile to unlock it so that he can sell it. Usually this means that the phone is unlocked.
If you checked one network and the result says “It seems this device does not belong to US T-Mobile carrier” please check Sprint and AT&T. If none of the 3 networks yields anything, it most likely means that the phone belongs to Verizon and that’s generally a good thing because Verizon phones are usually unlocked. Just make sure step one shows that the phone is clean.
If you checked and it says FED Policy (financial eligibility): “Not eligible” or Status “The device is still under financial responsibility and or contract” it means that the phone is locked to that network because the seller still owes money (see picture below). What might happen is that the seller probably stole the phone and it has not been reported yet. Or the seller still owes money and stopped paying, but once he sells it to you, he might report it stolen later or the network provider will just blacklist it. Again just because a phone is black listed doesn’t mean it will not work in Nigeria, usually they are only blacklisted on American networks and usually work in Nigeria, just know that’s what it is and you can use it as a bargaining chip to negotiate a lower price.
That’s it guys, doing this will prevent an uneventful pickup and paying unnecessary fuel charges. If you are unable to carry out this check please pay someone like frinx 500 naira to help you, definitely way less than $20 or more fuel charge. When I’m chanced I might make a quick video.

The way you take out time to explain things is amazing

14 Likes

Re: Buy From OFFERUP, Ebay, Amazon, In New York City!! & Ship To Nigeria by frinx: 8:48pm On Mar 20, 2018
Clone2020:

Thanks for the mention.
Nice details.

Always check your IMEI. It could save you from spending a lot or running at lost.
Re: Buy From OFFERUP, Ebay, Amazon, In New York City!! & Ship To Nigeria by frinx: 8:51pm On Mar 20, 2018
Android device locked on Sprint or at&t is cheap to unlock.
Re: Buy From OFFERUP, Ebay, Amazon, In New York City!! & Ship To Nigeria by dabis201(m): 9:21pm On Mar 20, 2018
I pray when your business expands and you're making money God will still give you this spirit of humility and humbleness. Thanks for being wonderful.
Clone2020:

Step One

If step one’s blacklist status doesn’t say clean but says “UNKNOWN” please visit https://swappa.com/esn, input the IMEI and make sure the blacklisted result says “Not Indicated” and the Activation status reads “Clear.” Then proceed to Step Two

Step Two
Check to see if the phone is locked to any network or under financial obligation. On the same website www.IMEIpro.com simply click on the top you are a selection to check AT&T, Sprint and T-Mobile. Simply click any of the following at the top of the page “US AT&T IMEI checker” or “US Sprint IMEI checker” or “US T-Mobile IMEI checker.”

4 Likes

Re: Buy From OFFERUP, Ebay, Amazon, In New York City!! & Ship To Nigeria by Xanarchy: 11:07pm On Mar 20, 2018
frinx:

Thanks for the mention.
Nice details.

Always check your IMEI. It could save you from spending a lot or running at lost.
be rest assured to trust Frinx, He'd always deliver

2 Likes

Re: Buy From OFFERUP, Ebay, Amazon, In New York City!! & Ship To Nigeria by Clone2020(m): 8:35pm On Mar 21, 2018
dabis201:
I pray when your business expands and you're making money God will still give you this spirit of humility and humbleness. Thanks for being wonderful.

Thank you, humility comes from God smiley

1 Like

Re: Buy From OFFERUP, Ebay, Amazon, In New York City!! & Ship To Nigeria by fashrola(m): 8:43pm On Mar 21, 2018
Oga Clone2020 you don turn shipping agent now?

No mind me oo... The guy is legit!!
Re: Buy From OFFERUP, Ebay, Amazon, In New York City!! & Ship To Nigeria by Clone2020(m): 8:45pm On Mar 21, 2018
No pick up today, terrible snow storm dumping several inches of snow in the north east, hopefully tomorrow will be fair.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0qo-LdRoww&feature=youtu.be
Re: Buy From OFFERUP, Ebay, Amazon, In New York City!! & Ship To Nigeria by Clone2020(m): 8:47pm On Mar 21, 2018
fashrola:
Oga Clone2020 you don turn shipping agent now?

No mind me oo... The guy is legit!!

Hahaha, bro you see as e be na, man must try new things o so long as life dey

1 Like

Re: Buy From OFFERUP, Ebay, Amazon, In New York City!! & Ship To Nigeria by sobastical: 10:54pm On Mar 21, 2018
frinx:
Android device locked on Sprint or at&t is cheap to unlock.

at&t is okay and cheaper to unlock
Re: Buy From OFFERUP, Ebay, Amazon, In New York City!! & Ship To Nigeria by frinx: 10:59pm On Mar 21, 2018
sobastical:

at&t is okay and cheaper to unlock
Yeah
Re: Buy From OFFERUP, Ebay, Amazon, In New York City!! & Ship To Nigeria by sotall(m): 12:11am On Mar 22, 2018
Following
Re: Buy From OFFERUP, Ebay, Amazon, In New York City!! & Ship To Nigeria by Hueyreckless0007: 9:20pm On Mar 22, 2018
Re: Buy From OFFERUP, Ebay, Amazon, In New York City!! & Ship To Nigeria by suco01(m): 10:09pm On Mar 22, 2018
Success in your endeavours. let the market be competitive and don't change as time goes on ooo.
Re: Buy From OFFERUP, Ebay, Amazon, In New York City!! & Ship To Nigeria by Brimmie(m): 11:59pm On Mar 22, 2018
Wawu!! So this is the thread! Correct!

Na WildChild02 carry me come here o! cheesy cheesy
Re: Buy From OFFERUP, Ebay, Amazon, In New York City!! & Ship To Nigeria by buzritchy: 8:22am On Mar 23, 2018
Clone2020:

Step One

If step one’s blacklist status doesn’t say clean but says “UNKNOWN” please visit https://swappa.com/esn, input the IMEI and make sure the blacklisted result says “Not Indicated” and the Activation status reads “Clear.” Then proceed to Step Two (someone just told me you need a vpn to access swappa from Nigeria, thanks Macaulish)

Step Two

Good one brother......... Nice concept

Just be consistent, not easy bro but the Lord will strengthen you.
Give us details of charges for laptop deals & would be ideal to state the time difference of your location with Nigeria
Re: Buy From OFFERUP, Ebay, Amazon, In New York City!! & Ship To Nigeria by Anopheles: 1:14pm On Mar 23, 2018
This your fuel charges na die sad

2 Likes

Re: Buy From OFFERUP, Ebay, Amazon, In New York City!! & Ship To Nigeria by zylkenny(m): 2:14pm On Mar 23, 2018
Keep up the good work. But you aren't always online

1 Like

Re: Buy From OFFERUP, Ebay, Amazon, In New York City!! & Ship To Nigeria by vanchi(m): 11:56pm On Mar 23, 2018
Following
Re: Buy From OFFERUP, Ebay, Amazon, In New York City!! & Ship To Nigeria by biztip: 5:38am On Mar 24, 2018
Clone2020:

Step One

Step Two

so Oyibo people dn sabi how to be dubious too

1 Like

Re: Buy From OFFERUP, Ebay, Amazon, In New York City!! & Ship To Nigeria by xreal: 7:53am On Mar 24, 2018
clone2020

are u guys still experiencing snow storm?
You've been quiet for long.
Re: Buy From OFFERUP, Ebay, Amazon, In New York City!! & Ship To Nigeria by gentyholar: 7:56am On Mar 24, 2018
Snow Don stop since Thursday.
Re: Buy From OFFERUP, Ebay, Amazon, In New York City!! & Ship To Nigeria by Clone2020(m): 3:03am On Mar 26, 2018
xreal:

are u guys still experiencing snow storm?
You've been quiet for long.

Yeah I've been quite busy... Buy i'm always on whatsapp

2 Likes

Re: Buy From OFFERUP, Ebay, Amazon, In New York City!! & Ship To Nigeria by Clone2020(m): 3:05am On Mar 26, 2018
Lots of juicy deals, hit me up, I will be picking tomorrow morning between 9am-1pm my time or 2pm-6pm naija time
Re: Buy From OFFERUP, Ebay, Amazon, In New York City!! & Ship To Nigeria by prizequest: 4:53am On Mar 26, 2018
Clone2020:
Lots of juicy deals, hit me up, I will be picking tomorrow morning between 9am-1pm my time or 2pm-6pm naija time

Can U Source For Mint Samsung S7 Edge For Me Or A Relatively Cheap S8?
Re: Buy From OFFERUP, Ebay, Amazon, In New York City!! & Ship To Nigeria by Clone2020(m): 6:48am On Mar 26, 2018
prizequest:

Can U Source For Mint Samsung S7 Edge For Me Or A Relatively Cheap S8?

Wouldnt have the time to source really, if you are having difficulty accessing offerup or letgo, chrck eBay.com I can even bid for you.
I've got mint S7 edge with the box, charger and ear piece for 105k. Brand new S8 plus for 185k
Re: Buy From OFFERUP, Ebay, Amazon, In New York City!! & Ship To Nigeria by newman10(m): 9:59am On Mar 27, 2018
Your pickup location is the issue for me. Get a place in mainland centre like Ikeja. Plenty deals dey for me but...
Re: Buy From OFFERUP, Ebay, Amazon, In New York City!! & Ship To Nigeria by Clone2020(m): 5:18pm On Mar 27, 2018
newman10:
Your pickup location is the issue for me. Get a place in mainland centre like Ikeja. Plenty deals dey for me but...

Oh I see
Re: Buy From OFFERUP, Ebay, Amazon, In New York City!! & Ship To Nigeria by Clone2020(m): 5:20pm On Mar 27, 2018
Tomjazzy2 another mint iphone8 64GB picked up for N112,500K

Re: Buy From OFFERUP, Ebay, Amazon, In New York City!! & Ship To Nigeria by Clone2020(m): 5:40pm On Mar 27, 2018
For those inquiring about New Jersey (NJ) please be aware that it is a different state from New York and the tolls to and fro is about $38 and the distance is quite huge, really a no go area for me. However if you see a deal you like, try convincing the seller to meet my friend in a restaurant in Livingston (zipcode 07039). Only phones for now, and fuel cost plus her commission will be $50 and please be patient to wait longer for the phones to reach my address or for me to pick it up from here.

I've noticed phones are cheaper there probably because there the population size is smaller than NY. Was able to buy this brand new unlocked Samsung note 8 for $400

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (170) (Reply)

WE BUY ON EBAY @380/$ & OTHER MAJOR USA SITES AND SHIP YOUR GOODS TO NIGERIA!!! / HOME OF TECHNOLOGIES : OCTACORE/QUADCORE PHONES, TABS, POWER BANKS...CLICK HERE / Post Your Scrap/dead/faulty Phones For Sale Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.