Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,389 members, 7,808,376 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:07 AM

Vitamin C For Acne – Here Is How Vitamin C Will Help You Overcome Acne - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Vitamin C For Acne – Here Is How Vitamin C Will Help You Overcome Acne (2533 Views)

Are You Battling With Pimples/acne?? Here Is The Simple Cure / How Did You Overcome Your Tooth Problem? / What Is The Difference Between The White Vitamin C Tablets And The Orange Ones? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Vitamin C For Acne – Here Is How Vitamin C Will Help You Overcome Acne by AMZYMAYO(m): 8:58pm On Mar 16, 2018
Are you struggling with acne and want out? Are you tired of the pimples on your face and you just want a blemish-free skin? Then you might just need to consider Vitamin C for acne…

Before I delve right into the topic (vitamin c for acne), let’s look at some vital info about vitamin C:

It is a powerful antioxidant that stops the effect of free radicals that are responsible for skin aging. Vitamin C breaks the radicals down into harmless compounds that are neutral to the skin.
Vitamin C makes the skin looks clearer and even out the skin tone
Vitamin C rejuvenates the skin and acts as a barrier against toxins that cause blemishes on the skin.
Vitamin C reduces the appearance of dark areas
Vitamin C helps in the production of new skin by promoting collagen and elastin production. Vitamin C strengthens the skin cells, making them firmer and tighter. Here you can find more on the skin and hair benefits of Vitamin C

2 Types of Vitamin C

Natural

Natural Vitamin C- This type comes from natural sources – fruits, vegetables, plants, etc. Some examples of food sources are peppers, citrus fruits, berries, etc.

Synthetic - Vitamin C formulated in the lab, usually from acetone, corn syrup, and many others. Examples of synthetic vitamin C are

Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate
Sodium Ascorbyl Palmitate
Ester-C
L-ascorbic Acid
Ascorbyl Palmitate
Ascorbyl Glucosamine
Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, etc.

How Acne Is Formed On Your Skin
Acne is caused when the sebum coming from the sebaceous gland is prevented by a clogged Keratin layer (honey layer or the outer skin). When this happens, the sebum begins to accumulate within the epidermis, causing swellings on the surface of the skin.

In my previous article on acne, I discussed the various stages of acne. If these swellings are not inflamed by the acne-causing bacteria (P.acne), then they can be either blackhead or whiteheads. Otherwise, the swelling, with the activities of the acne-causing bacteria, may form papules, pustules, or cysts.

I believe you understand my point, right? So, here is where Vitamin C comes to the rescue.

Why Vitamin C For Acne?
By now, you already know that vitamin C is a potent antioxidant. It is also an anti-inflammatory. You see, when the P.acne bacteria inflames the swollen sebum in your enclosed pores, there is inflammation in the form of redness and pain (most especially).

When you applied Vitamin C topically or use it orally, it tones down this reaction, reducing redness and pain. In other words, Vitamin C prevents the immune system from overreacting to the effects of the acne-causing bacteria.

Also, Vitamin C prevents the occurrence of damage to your skin by strengthening the collagen and elastin fibers – proteins responsible for creating new skin cells.

3 Vitamin C for Acne Treatments

Now It’s time to consider some fast DIY for your acne using Vitamin C

Vitamin C Oral Use

Vitamin C SupplementThe vitamin C foundation recommends that you take 1000mg three times daily. Taking it three times daily will increase the chances of having Vitamin C in your system all through the day. Vitamin C is water soluble, and it rarely stays in the bloodstream longer than 30 minutes.

You can always get the recommended usage of Vitamin C from your fruits and food, and from supplements.

Vitamin C Serum

There are tones of serums you can use on your acne-infested skin. Apart from being a potent antioxidant, Vitamin C Serum will lighten your acne and pimples scars

Make Your Vitamin C Serum

Ingredients

2 Tablespoons Distilled Water
Half Tablespoon Glycerin
Half Tablespoon L-ascorbic Acid
Dark glass bottle

Procedure

First sterilize your glass bottle in alcohol, bleach, or hot water. Make sure the bottle is completely dry
Add your Vitamin C (L-ascorbic Acid) in the bottle
Add your Distilled Water and stir very well
Add your glycerin and mix properly
Apply few drops on your cotton wool and apply it on your neck, face, and you can use it on dark areas as well

Precaution

Store in a dark area to slow down the oxidation time of Vitamin C
Vitamin C Cream

If you will like to have more than a serum, then you can quickly prepare this cream for maximum result.

Ingredients

(A)

Distilled Water or deionized water —————————80.3%
(B)

Emulsifying Wax-—————————————————2%
Stearic Acid———————————————————-1%
Cetyl Alcohol——————————————————–1%
Meadowfoam Seed Oil——————————————-12%
(C)

Vitamin E Acetate————————————————-0.5%

GelMaker EMU—————————————————–2%

Vitamin C (L-ascorbic Acid)————————————–1%

Tea Tree Essential Oil———————————————0.2%

Procedure

Add ingredient (A) into a beaker
Add (B) into another heat-resistant glass and stir well
Heat both beaker to 66 degree Celsius. Remove both (A) and (B) from heat when thoroughly melted
Combine (A) with (B) and stir properly
Wait for the temperature to drop to 40 degree Celsius and add (C) to the mixture of A/B one after the other and mix after each addition
Precaution

Store in a cool/ dark place
Use twice daily (morning and night) for best result
You can adjust the viscosity with GelMaker EMU
This formulation is not preserved. Store in the refrigerator after each use
Important Information

Although Vitamin C is good and will help you with your acne inflammation most especially, depending on Vitamin C to cure your acne problem is what I don’t advice.

Read more on the detailed Acne article to see more potent options. Thanks for reading and don’t forget to drop your comments below.
http://blog.mololo.org/vitamin-c-for-acne/

1 Share

Re: Vitamin C For Acne – Here Is How Vitamin C Will Help You Overcome Acne by AMZYMAYO(m): 8:42am On Mar 17, 2018
Read more tips on blog.mololo.org
Re: Vitamin C For Acne – Here Is How Vitamin C Will Help You Overcome Acne by Victor8st: 9:13am On May 11, 2020
Guys do you have some real life reviews? The thing is I've never heard from you and sort of afraid to order with my eyes closed.
Re: Vitamin C For Acne – Here Is How Vitamin C Will Help You Overcome Acne by Victor8st: 10:38am On May 28, 2020
Nikra:
Indeed vitamin C is a source of longevity and energy. However, I’ve never heard that vitamin C can help to get rid of acne. I always thought the main purposes of vitamin C are to boost immunity and reduce the risks of heart disease. It is sort of a new information for me that I have to make a research upon. By the way I’ve checked the link you provided and I was amazed by the high prices. Does the website have some discount vitamins available? Also I would like to read some reviews before ordering some. Thanks
Do these guys provide discounts?

(1) (Reply)

What Is Wrong With Me? / Man's Skin Turns Yellow After Drinking And Smoking For Over 30 Years (photos) / PAEDIATRICS: Advice And Solution To The Health Conditions Of Infants.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.