Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,396 members, 7,808,418 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:40 AM

Ovation Publisher, Dele Momodu Joins Presidential Race! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ovation Publisher, Dele Momodu Joins Presidential Race! (8994 Views)

2015: Yerima Joins Presidential Race / Tambuwal Joins Presidential Race, APC Intrigues Deepen / Chris Okotie Joins Presidential Race. . . Again?! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ovation Publisher, Dele Momodu Joins Presidential Race! by buffox: 3:55am On May 02, 2010
[size=13pt]Momodu, Ovation Publisher, Joins Presidential Race[/size]

One of Africa’s most famous publishers and THISDAY columnist, Bashorun Dele Momodu, is set to move from publishing to politics. According to sources, the publisher of Ovation International, a leading celebrity magazine, was provoked by the decision of former President Ibrahim Babangida to join the presidential race.

THISDAY checks revealed that Momodu has actually been travelling round the world to mobilise young Nigerians to support what he calls “a mission to clean up Nigeria.” His friends believe he’s one of the few Nigerians who have managed to build “a global brand against very daunting odds.” He enjoys a large following of Nigerian youths on Facebook and Twitter.
Momodu was a major supporter of Bashorun Moshood Abiola’s presidential bid in 1993. He was detained at the Alagbon detention camp, Ikoyi, Lagos, between July and August 1993 for his political activities. In 1995, he was forced into exile by the General Sani Abacha Military Government, and lived in England as a refugee for three years. He was accused of being one of the brains behind the pirate radio station that was attacking the dictatorship in Nigeria, an allegation he denied vehemently.

He started Ovation International during that period, and was a regular Yoruba presenter on the pirate radio broadcast, Radio Freedom, which later became Radio Kudirat, under the pseudonym of Saliu Elenuugboro. He decided to support the pirate radio since he was already punished for being a member of its clandestine operations.
He returned from exile in 1998 and expanded his publishing outfit from England to Ghana and Benin Republic where Ovation International is now translated into French. The widely-travelled publisher has been able to build a larger-than-life image and he has a one-on-one relationship with Presidents, international figures, business gurus, students’ organisations, civil societies and political groups.

When THISDAY contacted him in Ghana last night, Momodu said that there were incredible pressures on him to contest next year’s Presidential election. “My supporters are of the firm belief that Nigeria needs a fresh beginning and that that fresh air can only be guaranteed by someone who has not been tainted in anyway by government office and cannot be accused of pilfering government money,” Momodu said. He added that when he eventually announces his intention to run, “the decision would have been aided by the challenge thrown at us by former President Ibrahim Babangida that he can’t see any young Nigerian who can lead Nigeria out of the current political doldrums which was largely created by him.”

Asked on what political platform he hopes to contest when the time comes, Momodu confirmed that he has been a card-carrying member of Labour Party because his father was an ordinary Nigerian who worked most of his life as labourer.
“Most of the men from my Afenmai tribe of Edo State were labourers, and I come from that proud unionist tradition of dignity in labour and service to humanity.” Also, his growing up in Ile-Ife, Osun State taught him the values of hard-work in an environment where most people were poor.
Bashorun Momodu’s presidential bid is certain to add colour and excitement into a usually dull race because of his firm grip on the entertainment and showbiz industry in Africa.

http://www.thisdayonline.com/nview.php?id=172319

Chei. . . grin
Re: Ovation Publisher, Dele Momodu Joins Presidential Race! by vigasimple(m): 4:16am On May 02, 2010
I think he will bring colourfulness to a race which nuisance like IBB wil be making stupid noise.

Unfortunately, Dele Momodu has no political pedigree or track record of management other than his publishing business.

I am waiting on our brothers from the South East. If Anambra has 43 primaries candidates from the PDP in the last gubernatorial election, there will be at least 200 Presidential candidates from each state of the South East.
Re: Ovation Publisher, Dele Momodu Joins Presidential Race! by nguage(m): 4:24am On May 02, 2010
Goodness me!!! shocked shocked shocked grin grin That was my first reaction.

But the rational man in me says let's listen to what he has to say first. Giving everyman a chance is what democracy's about.
Re: Ovation Publisher, Dele Momodu Joins Presidential Race! by RichDad1(m): 11:52am On May 02, 2010
Not this biggot
Re: Ovation Publisher, Dele Momodu Joins Presidential Race! by metalgong5(m): 12:04pm On May 02, 2010
Yoruba noise makers . . . . . . IBB will surely win the election come 2011.
Re: Ovation Publisher, Dele Momodu Joins Presidential Race! by SisiKill1: 12:10pm On May 02, 2010
Dele Momodu?

Yep. . . It's all going to hell in handbasket.
Re: Ovation Publisher, Dele Momodu Joins Presidential Race! by KnowAll(m): 1:57pm On May 02, 2010
I am waiting on our brothers from the South East. If Anambra has 43 primaries candidates from the PDP in the last gubernatorial election, there will be at least 200 Presidential candidates from each state of the South East.

[size=14pt]The Igbos always love playing the second fiddle, follow-follow politics, is their antics when it comes to national elections. They are never individualistic as they claim to be except when it comes to local elections in their various state. Already a Yoruba man in the USA has throwing his hat in the ring, Duke is about do the same, and now Dele Momodu Edo/Yoruba has throwing his hat also in the ring. Let us see more Igbos throw their hats in the ring instead of them looking for VP position.[/size]
Re: Ovation Publisher, Dele Momodu Joins Presidential Race! by AloyEmeka5: 2:00pm On May 02, 2010
What is wrong with him running for presidency?. Is he not a credible Nigerian citizen?
Re: Ovation Publisher, Dele Momodu Joins Presidential Race! by Godslover: 5:55pm On May 02, 2010
DELE MOMODU OF ALL PEOPLE, I WOULD RATHER CHEW MY VOTER`S CARD THEN VOTE FOR THAT PUNK angry
Re: Ovation Publisher, Dele Momodu Joins Presidential Race! by metalgong5(m): 6:08pm On May 02, 2010
KnowAll:

[size=14pt]The Igbos always love playing the second fiddle, follow-follow politics, is their antics when it comes to national elections. They are never individualistic as they claim to be except when it comes to local elections in their various state. Already a Yoruba man in the USA has throwing his hat in the ring, Duke is about do the same, and now Dele Momodu Edo/Yoruba has throwing his hat also in the ring. Let us see more Igbos throw their hats in the ring instead of them looking for VP position.[/size]

Honestly,I cant imagine myself as a parent exhibiting this level of stupidity on a public forum as you always do. . . You must be an old nincompoop!!
Silly Yoruba man.
Re: Ovation Publisher, Dele Momodu Joins Presidential Race! by yeswecan(m): 6:10pm On May 02, 2010
He is qualified .
Re: Ovation Publisher, Dele Momodu Joins Presidential Race! by Demdem(m): 6:44pm On May 02, 2010
^^^^ no doubt, he is qualified but there is no way he can win or move close to it. Another waste.
Re: Ovation Publisher, Dele Momodu Joins Presidential Race! by marvix(m): 7:16pm On May 02, 2010
In my own view Dele wld do better campaignin 4 a really popular candidate who has d capability 2 win d elections, say Jonathan 4 instance or Duke, otherwise he wld only b splittin d votes of anoda popular candidate who can deliva us nd allow a bad popular candidate win d election. Better still he shld start by contestin 4 d senate, if he can win dat den pple can judge his performance in d senate nd know if his credibility nd integrity wld pass d corruption test of d senate chambers.

Meanwhile how old is he?
Re: Ovation Publisher, Dele Momodu Joins Presidential Race! by davidif: 8:02pm On May 02, 2010
May the best man win the election o. We can't be having other terrible candidates like the last 2 we just had.
Re: Ovation Publisher, Dele Momodu Joins Presidential Race! by sjeezy8: 8:15pm On May 02, 2010
I cant wait to see the results lol - it will b hilarious

GO!!!!! DELE

KnowAll:

shocked shocked
zoning lipsrsealed - but they have to realize ZONING IS LIE!
Re: Ovation Publisher, Dele Momodu Joins Presidential Race! by nethacker(m): 8:31pm On May 02, 2010
oga ju, from publishing room to aso-rock
Re: Ovation Publisher, Dele Momodu Joins Presidential Race! by rasputinn(m): 10:58pm On May 02, 2010
Of course by the provisions of the constitution,he is ualified to run,

But I think this is a classic case of oju kokoro(a commisionership slot or rep would've been more like it),what are his political antecedents and structures,

So in essence,this is one huge joke,

So I go buahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
Re: Ovation Publisher, Dele Momodu Joins Presidential Race! by TewMuch: 1:02am On May 03, 2010
grin grin grin
Well its his right as a citizen. But he must truly have visions of grandeur and not too many friends. cheesy
Re: Ovation Publisher, Dele Momodu Joins Presidential Race! by yemmight(m): 5:53pm On May 03, 2010
What has he got?  I mean his profile?  Even majority of NL members will vote against him.
Re: Ovation Publisher, Dele Momodu Joins Presidential Race! by shotgun10: 6:10pm On May 03, 2010
lets wait and see what he has in store 4 us
Re: Ovation Publisher, Dele Momodu Joins Presidential Race! by Topsido(m): 6:32pm On May 03, 2010
Yemmimight, it is called "Delusion of Grandeur" NOT "Visions of grandeur" lipsrsealed
Re: Ovation Publisher, Dele Momodu Joins Presidential Race! by TewMuch: 6:34pm On May 03, 2010
Topsido:

Yemmimight, it is called "Delusion of Grandeur" NOT "Visions of grandeur" lipsrsealed

You meant, TewMuch. Of course i know its delusions, but he has never acted in a crazy manner before. So maybe he has been having the visions of grandeur. But hey, he may also be a closet lunatic but i prefer to give him the benefit of doubt and not insult him just yet.
Re: Ovation Publisher, Dele Momodu Joins Presidential Race! by ReachRich(m): 6:40pm On May 03, 2010
he should go and sit down.
Re: Ovation Publisher, Dele Momodu Joins Presidential Race! by donkarly(m): 6:46pm On May 03, 2010
;d ;d ;d ;d
Re: Ovation Publisher, Dele Momodu Joins Presidential Race! by PurestBoy(m): 6:48pm On May 03, 2010
Who is Dele Momodu? Do u guyz mean president of Nigeria or Magazines editors? Roflmao
Re: Ovation Publisher, Dele Momodu Joins Presidential Race! by kabarka(m): 6:49pm On May 03, 2010
@vigasimple,u no well ooh.See ur analogy.Your fellas e.g alibaba,basket mouth are not here.Pls find them somewhere else.
Re: Ovation Publisher, Dele Momodu Joins Presidential Race! by suxes2005(m): 6:50pm On May 03, 2010
@metal gong or wat u call urself,

Why the comment from you?

Anyways, if IBB does not win then
go put him there.

IBB will not win anyfin come 2011

Dele Momodu: Seems dis guy is up to
somefin else. Where will he get d money
to finance himself? , Sponsor abi: Which
means if he wins, he will listen to his GFs

SHALOM
Re: Ovation Publisher, Dele Momodu Joins Presidential Race! by denitro(m): 6:59pm On May 03, 2010
metal-gong:

Yoruba noise makers . . . . . . IBB will surely win the election come 2011.

YOUR MAMA
Re: Ovation Publisher, Dele Momodu Joins Presidential Race! by Plumber(m): 7:07pm On May 03, 2010
This is pure comedy

Does he think Presidency is like getting s Chieftancy title

see his webpage no be joke!!

www.delemomodu2011.com
Re: Ovation Publisher, Dele Momodu Joins Presidential Race! by dayokanu(m): 7:41pm On May 03, 2010
Nnamadi Azikwe- Figurehead President to Prime Minister Balewa.
Alex Ekwueme - Figurhead VP to Shehu SHagari
Sylvester Ugo - VP to Candidate Basir Tofa
Chuba Okadigbo - VP Candidate to Mohamaddu Buhari

I cant remember the name of the VP to Buhari in the last election self

Always contented to be VP's
Re: Ovation Publisher, Dele Momodu Joins Presidential Race! by Drunk: 7:45pm On May 03, 2010
Ok, I'm Listening undecided
Re: Ovation Publisher, Dele Momodu Joins Presidential Race! by redsun(m): 7:56pm On May 03, 2010
Tribal primitive bastards.Turning what could be the way out of the dungeon into tribal championship,stupid fuc-ks with their small minds,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

2011 Presidential Elections: Results From Up North- CPC calling the shots so far / Accord Party Candidate, Admiral Usman Jibrin, Votes At His Polling Unit / Sit-At-Home: A Self Inflicted Punishment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.