Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,419 members, 7,808,503 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:45 PM

My Experience With Carlcare And Tecno Droid Pad 7c - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / My Experience With Carlcare And Tecno Droid Pad 7c (1051 Views)

Carlcare Service Ng: We're Back On Nairaland! / Tecno Droid Pad 8D Goes For An Affordable Price / My Experience With Carlcare Service Center, Uyo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Experience With Carlcare And Tecno Droid Pad 7c by Jawshua(m): 8:41am On Mar 17, 2018
After my experience with my Tecno Droid Pad 7c, I've vowed not to use any new Tecno products again.

March 31st, 2018 will make it exactly 2 years I bought the phone and I don't expect a phone of less than two years to have issues.

Some set of apps and processes were repeatedly crashing and stopped working. Google services, processes etc. When this happens, I restart my phone and the same thing happens again after some minutes.

I learnt that it's a software bug and it can be fixed.

On a particular day last month, I restarted the phone and it kept on writing "starting apps 23 of 99" without actually starting up for several hours.

I then took the phone to Carlcare office in Ibadan and was told that it's an OS issue and it's fixable. I paid #500 and they got it fixed.

Exactly 11 days after, my phone is dead. Literally dead. It died yesterday, March 16, 2018. I just went off and has refused to power on. Just like that.

Coincidentally, the last call I received on the phone before its death was from a representative of Carlcare customer care. She wanted to know about my experience at their office and how my phone is faring.

I still remember telling her that my phone is NOT okay. And I was angry when she asked me to return the phone to their office for another repair. I never knew that would be my last call on the phone.

I'm currently rocking my ever faithful Tecno N3 which I also bought new in 2013. The phone is not perfect but it's curently serving me.

After the Carlcare visit, the touchpad of my phone started malfunctioning, and I noticed a tiny but barely visible crack on my screen. I know this crack is from Calcare. And I also believe that they are responsible for the death of my phone.

I refuse to believe to believe that my phone's panel is bad unless the lifespan of Tecno Droid Pad 7c is less than two years.

NB: I know two other persons having the exact same issues with their DroidPad but are scared to take their phones to Carlcare after sharing my experience with them.

Tecno, please fix the bugs with your OS. Carlcare, please get experienced professionals at your offices nationwide.

NB: I'm looking for recommendations for a mid range smart phone that is not more than 30k.

Please don't recommend Tecno phones. I am done with that brand.
Re: My Experience With Carlcare And Tecno Droid Pad 7c by BluePearls(m): 11:53am On Mar 17, 2018
lol.. what exactly do you expect from Tecno and their dubious Carlcare??
Re: My Experience With Carlcare And Tecno Droid Pad 7c by busuyi44: 11:59am On Mar 17, 2018
Jawshua:
After my experience with my Tecno Droid Pad 7c, I've vowed not to use any new Tecno products again.

March 31st, 2018 will make it exactly 2 years I bought the phone and I don't expect a phone of less than two years to have issues.

Some set of apps and processes were repeatedly crashing and stopped working. Google services, processes etc. When this happens, I restart my phone and the same thing happens again after some minutes.

On a particular day last month, I restarted the phone and it kept on writing "starting apps 23 of 99" without actually starting up for several hours.

I then took the phone to Carlcare office in Ibadan and was told that it's an OS issue and it's fixable. I paid #500 and they got it fixed.

Exactly 11 days after, my phone is dead. Literally dead. It died yesterday, March 16, 2018. I just went off and has refused to power on. Just like that.

Coincidentally, the last call I received on the phone before its death was from a representative of Carlcare customer care. She wanted to know about my experience at their office and how my phone is faring.

I still remember telling her that my phone is NOT okay. And I was angry when she asked me to return the phone to their office for another repair. I never knew that would be my last call on the phone.

I'm currently rocking my ever faithful Tecno N3 which I also bought new in 2013. The phone is not perfect but it's curently serving me.

After the Carlcare visit, the touchpad of my phone started malfunctioning, and I noticed a tiny but barely visible crack on my screen. I know this crack is from Calcare. And I also believe that they are responsible for the death of my phone.

I refuse to believe to believe that my phone's panel is bad unless the lifespan of Tecno Droid Pad 7c is less than two years.

NB: I know two other persons having the exact same issues with their DroidPad but are scared to take their phones to Carlcare after sharing my experience with them.

Tecno, please fix the bugs with your OS. Carlcare, please get experienced professionals at your offices nationwide.

NB: I'm looking for recommendations for a mid range smart phone that is not more than 30k.

Bro, d pad has really served u. This ranting is unnecessary

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Carlcare And Tecno Droid Pad 7c by Jaculze(m): 2:27pm On Mar 17, 2018
busuyi44:

I just tire. The complaints just tire me brother
Re: My Experience With Carlcare And Tecno Droid Pad 7c by Jaculze(m): 2:39pm On Mar 17, 2018
I know the stress you're facing but TECNO is a nice brand though.
Re: My Experience With Carlcare And Tecno Droid Pad 7c by Jawshua(m): 6:22pm On Mar 17, 2018
busuyi44:

You think so.

I can't imagine changing phones every two years because "it has served me". I'd rather use my money for other things instead.

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Carlcare And Tecno Droid Pad 7c by Jawshua(m): 6:24pm On Mar 17, 2018
Jaculze:
I know the stress you're facing but TECNO is a nice brand though.

Tecno is a nice brand but they need to do more when it comes to the lifespan of their phones.
Re: My Experience With Carlcare And Tecno Droid Pad 7c by Jaculze(m): 6:30pm On Mar 17, 2018
Jawshua:

Tecno is a nice brand but they need to do more when it comes to the lifespan of their phones.
Most definitely.
Re: My Experience With Carlcare And Tecno Droid Pad 7c by Mynd44: 7:07am On Mar 18, 2018
The phone is 2 years old bro.

I am sorry to say but most of these phones have a life span of 12 to 18 months. Beyond that and you are streching it.
Re: My Experience With Carlcare And Tecno Droid Pad 7c by sureinfo: 2:38pm On Mar 18, 2018
Jawshua:

Why wont we recommend a tecno phone? Their products are good that we know for a fact,meanwhile since we are talking of a phone of 30k or so check out the tecno spark,its a superb device
Re: My Experience With Carlcare And Tecno Droid Pad 7c by MrBONE2(m): 5:56pm On Mar 18, 2018
Jawshua:

Since 7c had fail go for Tecno 7D,Cos D is better than C grin
Re: My Experience With Carlcare And Tecno Droid Pad 7c by madgoat(m): 6:08pm On Mar 18, 2018
Jawshua:

Hey bro, exactly same thing that started happening to my Tecno DroidPad 7C pro. All the apps are not responding and the tablet is impossible to use. It started late last year almost 2 years after purchase. Took it to an engineer at Slot, he flashed it and it worked for a few days before the problem resurfaced. Took it back to the engineer and he fiddled with it again and was perfect for a few days but the whole problem resurfaced. The fone is practically useless because nothing can be done since all the apps are crashing and it also doesn't even see sim network.
I am planning to take it to carlcare in lagos to see if it can be fixed
Re: My Experience With Carlcare And Tecno Droid Pad 7c by Jawshua(m): 3:04am On Mar 19, 2018
Mynd44:
The phone is 2 years old bro.

I am sorry to say but most of these phones have a life span of 12 to 18 months. Beyond that and you are streching it.

You've a valid point. I cherish my phones a lot the same way I cherish cars. I am one of the few people who don't believe in buying new gadgets every time something new comes out. I stick to my gadgets and expect them to serve me until I need new features that can only be found in upgrades.

This is the reason for my disappointment in Tecno as a brand.
Re: My Experience With Carlcare And Tecno Droid Pad 7c by Jawshua(m): 3:13am On Mar 19, 2018
madgoat:

Hey bro, exactly same thing that started happening to my Tecno DroidPad 7C pro. All the apps are not responding and the tablet is impossible to use. It started late last year almost 2 years after purchase. Took it to an engineer at Slot, he flashed it and it worked for a few days before the problem resurfaced. Took it back to the engineer and he fiddled with it again and was perfect for a few days but the whole problem resurfaced. The fone is practically useless because nothing can be done since all the apps are crashing and it also doesn't even see sim network.
I am planning to take it to carlcare in lagos to see if it can be fixed

I will strongly advice you to backup your files and apps. Carlcare, based on my experience, will only offer a temporary fix which will eventually damage your phone's panel. They will then offer to change it for 17k or so. Just be prepared.
Re: My Experience With Carlcare And Tecno Droid Pad 7c by omoalajah(m): 11:05pm On Mar 19, 2018
What an experience
Re: My Experience With Carlcare And Tecno Droid Pad 7c by datyorubaboy: 11:29pm On Mar 19, 2018
Yes they need to do more
Jawshua:

Re: My Experience With Carlcare And Tecno Droid Pad 7c by missslimzy(f): 11:38pm On Mar 19, 2018
Hmm this experience nawao

(1) (Reply)

Ntel Mifi Uunlock / Iphone 7 For Sale For 80k( Negotiable) / Iphone 6s Plus 16GB Chip SOLD!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.