Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,348 members, 7,780,938 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 05:53 AM

Court Awards N1m To Ebere Ohakwe Beaten By A Soldier - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Court Awards N1m To Ebere Ohakwe Beaten By A Soldier (39620 Views)

Davido Sends N1m To DJ Peejaay For Making A Video For Him On His 28th Birthday / Susan: Davido Offers N1M To Who Finds The Ladies Accusing Him Of Impregnating / Davido Offers N1m To Shoki Shitta Who Was Beaten For Disrespecting Wizkid (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Court Awards N1m To Ebere Ohakwe Beaten By A Soldier by BluntTheApostle(m): 1:51pm On Mar 17, 2018
hajoke2000:
any man who beat a woman is nothing but a cruel beast........#1m is not even enough it should av been life imprisonment

Take it easy, Ajoke mi owon.
Re: Court Awards N1m To Ebere Ohakwe Beaten By A Soldier by LZAA: 1:54pm On Mar 17, 2018
londonrivals:
The 6 Division, Nigerian Army, Port Harcourt, has been found guilty of human rights violation against an actress Ebere Ohakwe, by a Federal High Court, sitting in Port Harcourt, Rivers State
The court awarded N1 million in favour of Ohakwe against the Army and ordered the Division to tender an unreserved apology to the applicant. .
The trial Judge, Justice Adamu Turaki Mohammed of High Court 5, noted that the applicant proved her case, adding that she was entitled to reliefs she sought and restrained the defendants from carrying out further unlawful actions against her. .
Recall that in January, 2017, the applicant was allegedly brutalised by one Olamilekan Suleiman, while traveling to Onitsha. He had accused her of discussing him with her friend, during a stop and search, an allegation Ohakwe denied.

http://www.metronaija.ng/court-awards-n1m-to-actress-beaten-by-a-soldier/

in other climes army dy for barracks
hia dm dy evrywia
Re: Court Awards N1m To Ebere Ohakwe Beaten By A Soldier by BluntTheApostle(m): 1:55pm On Mar 17, 2018
How can we ever feel safe when those paid to protect us (police and soldiers) are bullies and hired killers

1 million naira is too small. When you batter someone, you also batter their ego. All the embarrassment needs to be paid for in full and 1 million naira is just too small.
Re: Court Awards N1m To Ebere Ohakwe Beaten By A Soldier by WowSweetGuy(m): 1:59pm On Mar 17, 2018
na belt dem use wipe am...see red laps
Re: Court Awards N1m To Ebere Ohakwe Beaten By A Soldier by Nobody: 2:02pm On Mar 17, 2018
DONADAMS:
a woman that beats a man nko?

a monster....
Re: Court Awards N1m To Ebere Ohakwe Beaten By A Soldier by DONADAMS(m): 2:04pm On Mar 17, 2018
hajoke2000:

a monster....
good..same punishment should be meted right?
Re: Court Awards N1m To Ebere Ohakwe Beaten By A Soldier by python1: 2:05pm On Mar 17, 2018
BlackPantherxXx:
LOL...when did she become an actress?

The soldier who committed the offence would be dealt with internally by the Nigerian Army BUT

She wouldn't get a dime...when fighting an institution, all they would do is waste your time, you would keep going to court

The folks in power would leave and those who would come in would still refuse to pay up.

10 years down the line if you have the patience and resources, you would eventually give up.

Been there...done that
You sabi the thing well. The "actress" go don spend the 1 milla for her imagination but by the time she go don spend another real 1 milla for the legal wahala and the money never show, her eyes go clear.

Army, give you 1 milla because of beating, she never see anything, na now the case dey even start. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Court Awards N1m To Ebere Ohakwe Beaten By A Soldier by GabrielYulaw(m): 2:10pm On Mar 17, 2018
DONADAMS:
sorry, are you being serious?cause this is dumb
How is it dumb? If everyone is armed there will be no more herdsmen nonsense. Crime will reduce and no more kidnapping cos everyone will be carrying guns go everywhere, even church and to the toilet. And there will be no more police and army oppression

Ok, am half-serious. But all these army and law-enforcement oppression just tire me. If our security personnel behave like human beings for once will the world end? Am just tired
Re: Court Awards N1m To Ebere Ohakwe Beaten By A Soldier by Amirullaha(m): 2:15pm On Mar 17, 2018
Paradigm777:

That is, if u survive to appear in court shocked
Making reference to "missing 9": I survived a collision with a trailer; I will survive in any given circumstance...
Re: Court Awards N1m To Ebere Ohakwe Beaten By A Soldier by nnokwa042(m): 2:17pm On Mar 17, 2018
BlackPantherxXx:

The soldier who committed the offence would be dealt with internally by the Nigerian Army BUT

She wouldn't get a dime...when fighting an institution, all they would do is waste your time, you would keep going to court

The folks in power would leave and those who would come in would still refuse to pay up.

10 years down the line if you have the patience and resources, you would eventually give up.

Been there...done that
even if you don't know her why must that soldier batterd her like that
Re: Court Awards N1m To Ebere Ohakwe Beaten By A Soldier by Shroud: 2:17pm On Mar 17, 2018
Nigeria Army, a pack of frightened illiterate thugs hiding behind a gun and uniform to harras innocent citizens while Boko haram keep pursuing them to Cameroon to seek "tactical manoeuvre".

Imagine a man--a soldier beating up a female. Monstrous, incompetent murderers.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Awards N1m To Ebere Ohakwe Beaten By A Soldier by kense88: 2:32pm On Mar 17, 2018
stanbillion200:
Look at the way he battered the lady.
I wonder what will happen if the victim was a guy.... Maybe he would have pulled a trigger.
No mind the idiot. Na only for women and unarmed civilians dem get power. Without his weapon or numerical advantage they normally use to intimidate people, this guy no even fit exchange words with me for road. Small boy.

1 Like

Re: Court Awards N1m To Ebere Ohakwe Beaten By A Soldier by DONADAMS(m): 2:40pm On Mar 17, 2018
GabrielYulaw:

How is it dumb? If everyone is armed there will be no more herdsmen nonsense. Crime will reduce and no more kidnapping cos everyone will be carrying guns go everywhere, even church and to the toilet. And there will be no more police and army oppression

Ok, am half-serious. But all these army and law-enforcement oppression just tire me. If our security personnel behave like human beings for once will the world end? Am just tired
lol..honestly I understand you...the oppression is just too much..buh wetin we go do na?this country just dey worse everyday
Re: Court Awards N1m To Ebere Ohakwe Beaten By A Soldier by AlfaSeltzer(m): 2:47pm On Mar 17, 2018
BlackPantherxXx:

Been there...done that

Nigerians and money. So you think she did this for money?

Institutions are overrated. Remember that it's a small axe that brings down big trees.
Re: Court Awards N1m To Ebere Ohakwe Beaten By A Soldier by BlackPantherxXx: 2:50pm On Mar 17, 2018
AlfaSeltzer:

Nigerians and money. So you think she did this for money?

Institutions are overrated. Remember that it's a small axe that brings down big trees.

Where did i write she did it for money? Read the article and my comment again when clear headed
Re: Court Awards N1m To Ebere Ohakwe Beaten By A Soldier by adecz: 2:50pm On Mar 17, 2018
Only N1m?? angry sad
Re: Court Awards N1m To Ebere Ohakwe Beaten By A Soldier by Nobody: 2:56pm On Mar 17, 2018
BlackPantherxXx:

Been there...done that

They will pay.

With speed.
Re: Court Awards N1m To Ebere Ohakwe Beaten By A Soldier by GabrielYulaw(m): 3:16pm On Mar 17, 2018
DONADAMS:
lol..honestly I understand you...the oppression is just too much..buh wetin we go do na?this country just dey worse everyday

If you can't beat them you join them. I might join the army grin Or will more probably emigrate. Even Ghana sef is much better than here.
Re: Court Awards N1m To Ebere Ohakwe Beaten By A Soldier by Rocktation(f): 3:40pm On Mar 17, 2018
But why anybody cannot discuss ýou, just because you started wearing a uniform, is beyond me.
Re: Court Awards N1m To Ebere Ohakwe Beaten By A Soldier by mirabeldesmond(f): 4:09pm On Mar 17, 2018
to think that this
Re: Court Awards N1m To Ebere Ohakwe Beaten By A Soldier by entparrot(f): 4:28pm On Mar 17, 2018
boss1310:
There are many in my city beaten by soldiers,they were beaten the more and temporary incarcerated when they report to authorities or is it because this has to do with an actress

Go to court and win case, you will be paid.
Re: Court Awards N1m To Ebere Ohakwe Beaten By A Soldier by Paradigm777: 4:43pm On Mar 17, 2018
Amirullaha:

Making reference to "missing 9": I survived a collision with a trailer; I will survive in any given circumstance...

Happy survival
Re: Court Awards N1m To Ebere Ohakwe Beaten By A Soldier by zinaunreal(m): 5:59pm On Mar 17, 2018
BlackPantherxXx:

Been there...done that
she lucky she got something. Not easy to fight government
Re: Court Awards N1m To Ebere Ohakwe Beaten By A Soldier by Captain8(m): 6:08pm On Mar 17, 2018
Y she dey mock we shld show respect to our heroes who put their lives at stake to save dis nation 4 us live
Re: Court Awards N1m To Ebere Ohakwe Beaten By A Soldier by kenex4ever(m): 7:18pm On Mar 17, 2018
Chloe88:
who will pay the money?
Nigerian Army
Re: Court Awards N1m To Ebere Ohakwe Beaten By A Soldier by Hidentity(m): 8:31pm On Mar 17, 2018
remi1444:
MrMcJay, Teespice, Hidentity, tolusan, younglawya.... please inform us about this. thanks in anticipation.
The Nigerian army.
"The court awarded N1 million in favour of Ohakwe against the Army"
The monetary Judgment will be enforced against the account of the army. The army may then decide to privately or administratively deal with the soldier involved. It may even mean that the money will be deducted from his salaries or other entitlements later. If he acted within the purview of his job (which doesn't seem so here, he may not face the personal liability)
Re: Court Awards N1m To Ebere Ohakwe Beaten By A Soldier by stanbillion200(m): 8:45pm On Mar 17, 2018
kense88:
No mind the idiot. Na only for women and unarmed civilians dem get power. Without his weapon or numerical advantage they normally use to intimidate people, this guy no even fit exchange words with me for road. Small boy.
All these our military personnel sef, E be like say them no dey teach them any other thing other than to handle gun and control Armoured car.
Re: Court Awards N1m To Ebere Ohakwe Beaten By A Soldier by remi1444: 8:58pm On Mar 17, 2018
Hidentity:

The Nigerian army.
"The court awarded N1 million in favour of Ohakwe against the Army"
The monetary Judgment will be enforced against the account of the army. The army may then decide to privately or administratively deal with the soldier involved. It may even mean that the money will be deducted from his salaries or other entitlements later. If he acted within the purview of his job (which doesn't seem so here, he may not face the personal liability)
ok, thanks boss, but is there a stipulated days before they'll pay or they'll effect they payment at will?
Re: Court Awards N1m To Ebere Ohakwe Beaten By A Soldier by remi1444: 9:02pm On Mar 17, 2018
mirabeldesmond:
to think that this soldier is my brother's friend. he was at my convocation and was in my apartment to think that this soldier is my brother's friend. he was at my convocation and was in my apartment
He is a animal, i bet he is even the army using O.level(recruit).
Re: Court Awards N1m To Ebere Ohakwe Beaten By A Soldier by Hidentity(m): 9:08pm On Mar 17, 2018
remi1444:
ok, thanks boss, but is there a stipulated days before they'll pay or they'll effect they payment at will?
Not at will, they don't even have a say on when they will pay. Except they file for stay of execution, the judgment creditor will start steps to reap the fruit of the judgment immediately. If the court stipulates time, it is within that time. If it doesn't, it depends on how fast the judgment creditor is able to enforce the judgment.
Re: Court Awards N1m To Ebere Ohakwe Beaten By A Soldier by remi1444: 9:13pm On Mar 17, 2018
Hidentity:

Not at will, they don't even have a say on when they will pay. Except they file for stay of execution, the judgment creditor will start steps to reap the fruit of the judgment immediately. If the court stipulates time, it is within that time. If it doesn't, it depends on how fast the judgment creditor is able to enforce the judgment.
boss, I've learnt what my colleagues in class might not be aware of. can you shed little light on this judgement creditor ?
Re: Court Awards N1m To Ebere Ohakwe Beaten By A Soldier by Hidentity(m): 9:20pm On Mar 17, 2018
remi1444:
boss, I've learnt what my colleagues in class might not be aware of. can you shed little light on this judgement creditor ?
A judgment creditor is one in whose favour a judgment is given (usually monetary judgment). A judgment debtor is the one against whom the judgment was given. I.e A sues B for breach of contract, and in one of his prayers, he seeks that the Court direct B to pay him a sum of #10. Once the Court gives judgment and grants the relief, B becomes a judgment debtor who is indebted to A to the tune of #10. And until that judgment is set aside by the court that gave it on the ground of fraud or misrepresentation, or it is set aside on appeal, A remains a judgment creditor until B, the judgment debtor pays. There are means of enforcing monetary judgment.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

"I Want Olamide To Forgive Me" - Lyta Begs / Dennis Kariuki "Denno" Weds Faith Naliaka Ihumba (Photos) / Nana Akua Addo's Outfit To AFRIMA 2017 (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.