Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,986 members, 7,806,871 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:41 AM

Meet 12 Year-old Nigerian Web Developer, Obaloluwa Odelana - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Meet 12 Year-old Nigerian Web Developer, Obaloluwa Odelana (17564 Views)

13-yr-old Nigerian Emerges Youngest AWS Developer Associate In Africa / Top 5 Nigerian Web Hosting Companies That Offer Promos / Best Local (Nigerian) Web Hosts 2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Meet 12 Year-old Nigerian Web Developer, Obaloluwa Odelana by olamideyelo: 9:26am On Mar 17, 2018
I met 12-year-old web developer, Obaloluwa, at WordCamp Lagos 2018. He learnt how to code from the internet at 11, he has built quite a number of websites and also the founder of King O Designs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n2EtY6HkWoQ

Don't forget to subscribe to my channel so you won't miss any updates

Connect with me on
Facebook: https://facebook.com/olamideyelo
Instagram: https://instagram.com/olamideyelo
Twitter: https://twitter.com/olamideyelo

And finally, don't stop being awesome!

24 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Meet 12 Year-old Nigerian Web Developer, Obaloluwa Odelana by MANNABBQGRILLS: 9:28am On Mar 17, 2018
THE REAL WIZKID!

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Meet 12 Year-old Nigerian Web Developer, Obaloluwa Odelana by lammyng(f): 9:37am On Mar 17, 2018
Wow! Can't remember what I was doing when I was 11. Good stuff

1 Like

Re: Meet 12 Year-old Nigerian Web Developer, Obaloluwa Odelana by IamLabbyRich: 9:42am On Mar 17, 2018
� � � �. Children of nowaday sha. Weldone don. Starboy

1 Like

Re: Meet 12 Year-old Nigerian Web Developer, Obaloluwa Odelana by Nobody: 4:43pm On Mar 17, 2018
More grease to your elbow lad, we at [url]questechie.com[/url] will keep an eye on you and your works! cool

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet 12 Year-old Nigerian Web Developer, Obaloluwa Odelana by Spoilt4toto: 6:51am On Mar 18, 2018
LAND NOT FOR SALE. TRESPASSERS WILL BE SHOT AND SURVIVORS SHOT AGAIN cool

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Meet 12 Year-old Nigerian Web Developer, Obaloluwa Odelana by anochuko01(m): 6:53am On Mar 18, 2018
this is how I want my kid sister to be.

1 Like

Re: Meet 12 Year-old Nigerian Web Developer, Obaloluwa Odelana by Nobody: 6:56am On Mar 18, 2018
Brain real brain

2 Likes

Re: Meet 12 Year-old Nigerian Web Developer, Obaloluwa Odelana by Nobody: 6:58am On Mar 18, 2018
Web developer or blogger blog designer?
He said he devolopes a website with HTML, CSS, JavaScript, jquery, php, Python.

Hahaha young man stop lying to yourself... You can't be profient with all that within some months... Even if u have 5000% IQ.

Nice one though

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet 12 Year-old Nigerian Web Developer, Obaloluwa Odelana by kennypoka2(m): 6:58am On Mar 18, 2018
At age 12, I was.....

I just love his charisma, the way he speaks and his confidence... ���

I will hire you

4 Likes

Re: Meet 12 Year-old Nigerian Web Developer, Obaloluwa Odelana by Nobody: 6:58am On Mar 18, 2018
wonderful Nigerians with bad leaders

1 Like

Re: Meet 12 Year-old Nigerian Web Developer, Obaloluwa Odelana by MrMcJay(m): 7:00am On Mar 18, 2018
Spoilt4toto:
LAND NOT FOR SALE. TRESPASSERS WILL BE SHOT AND SURVIVORS SHOT AGAIN cool

Look at your post, look at your moniker, look at what that 12 year old boy has achieved, then go sit in one corner and think about your life.

73 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet 12 Year-old Nigerian Web Developer, Obaloluwa Odelana by Nobody: 7:03am On Mar 18, 2018
If i was opportuned to have a phone at that age i would have be a programmer at 16..

I laud his effort..

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Meet 12 Year-old Nigerian Web Developer, Obaloluwa Odelana by 0luwatope(m): 7:04am On Mar 18, 2018
Good stuff

When I was 14 too, I was a web developer, but nobody knew me, that isn't my excuse tho... After 6 years, I learnt that what I was building at age 14 were all crap and bullshiit.

The only thing that can be useful for this kiddo is for him to keep learning, he might be a web developer but won't be able to have a good idea of his own, except someone is ready to help him shape his ideas. Besides, without proper mentorship or training, I can bet he would build crappy websites. No hating, just being truthful here.

Although he's young, but his headstart is pretty awesome, I hope a good tech company hires him and groom him to get the best outta him

Good luck kid, keep writing the codes

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet 12 Year-old Nigerian Web Developer, Obaloluwa Odelana by festwiz(m): 7:12am On Mar 18, 2018
Awesome work lad. Wish i had the opportunity at that age. Keep the fire burning, who knows he might be next Bill Gates.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet 12 Year-old Nigerian Web Developer, Obaloluwa Odelana by Spoilt4toto: 7:16am On Mar 18, 2018
MrMcJay:

Look at your post, look at your moniker, look at what that 12 year old boy has achieved, then go sit in one corner and think about your life.
is it your moniker, is it your post? Abeg face front undecided

1 Like

Re: Meet 12 Year-old Nigerian Web Developer, Obaloluwa Odelana by ztarlord(m): 7:27am On Mar 18, 2018
want to make cool dollars click on my signature
Re: Meet 12 Year-old Nigerian Web Developer, Obaloluwa Odelana by uncleade(m): 7:29am On Mar 18, 2018
COME ON.RIDE ON.THE SKY IS YOUR LIMIT. I PRAY FOR YOU. YOU SHALL NOT BE FUTURE NAIRALANDER.BECAUSE DUE TO LACK OF EMPLOYMENT, A LOT HAVE BECOME NAIRALAND ADDICTS.TO THE EXTENDS THAT YOU ATIMES WONDER IF WHAT THEY STUDY AS A COURSE IN THE UNIVERSITY IS NAIRALANDOLOGY, WITH DEGREE IN TRIBALISM.
Re: Meet 12 Year-old Nigerian Web Developer, Obaloluwa Odelana by AFONJAPIG(m): 7:34am On Mar 18, 2018
hehehehe .... the dude will probably end up like his brothers... internet warriors and scammers
Re: Meet 12 Year-old Nigerian Web Developer, Obaloluwa Odelana by marvin906(m): 7:38am On Mar 18, 2018
hey I need advice on something
between
Net admin
software development
and
software engineering

which is better in terms of salary, easy to understand and which gives you the opportunity to travel and not sit in one stupid office 24hrs a day
Re: Meet 12 Year-old Nigerian Web Developer, Obaloluwa Odelana by Sard(m): 7:39am On Mar 18, 2018
AFONJAPIG:
hehehehe .... the dude will probably end up like his brothers... internet warriors and scammers

I was on the lookout for a flat-headed monster to say something like this, and I wasn't disappointed. sad
We know you people are only good at chest-beating and finding delight in the achievements of your tribesmen; whatever others achieve must be downplayed. undecided
Awon omo ale, olori pelebe.. angry

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet 12 Year-old Nigerian Web Developer, Obaloluwa Odelana by Ejiod(m): 7:45am On Mar 18, 2018
jboy73:

Hahaha young man stop lying to yourself... You can't be profient with all that within some months... Even if u have 5000% IQ.

Nice one though
Me self I'm wondering how possible. Though if its static webpage it is possible. I once taught 2 kids how to build a webpage with nodeJs.I tell you this guys started building static web pages in less than 3months. 4months later they built with nodeJs but meanwhile I got my 200k from the parents..

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Meet 12 Year-old Nigerian Web Developer, Obaloluwa Odelana by obembet(f): 7:47am On Mar 18, 2018
lammyng:
Wow! Can't remember what I was doing when I was 11. Good stuff

Haa ah, u can

The year you lost your virginity

Na joke oooo sister.. One love

1 Like

Re: Meet 12 Year-old Nigerian Web Developer, Obaloluwa Odelana by Saintzykie: 7:55am On Mar 18, 2018
MrMcJay:

grin Jesu Christi! I fit faint

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet 12 Year-old Nigerian Web Developer, Obaloluwa Odelana by Aldebaran(m): 7:59am On Mar 18, 2018
Good
Re: Meet 12 Year-old Nigerian Web Developer, Obaloluwa Odelana by omoluka: 8:06am On Mar 18, 2018
Guys, Where can i learn web design and development?
Re: Meet 12 Year-old Nigerian Web Developer, Obaloluwa Odelana by Greene66: 8:16am On Mar 18, 2018
jboy73:

Nice one though

It's very possible.

I am currently a veteran in 4 different languages and web technologies. HTML is so easy for a Kid to learn. I learnt HTML in one day.

Practice makes perfect. If the boy codes everyday.. Builds different apps not for sale but personal enjoyment, you'd be surprised how great he will become.

So I don't think the boy is lying. He seems legit. Python is not so difficult as well.

4 Likes

Re: Meet 12 Year-old Nigerian Web Developer, Obaloluwa Odelana by awikonko(m): 8:22am On Mar 18, 2018
I see you @lammyng Lammy World famous
Re: Meet 12 Year-old Nigerian Web Developer, Obaloluwa Odelana by GentlemanAyo(m): 8:33am On Mar 18, 2018
Igbo amaka grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Meet 12 Year-old Nigerian Web Developer, Obaloluwa Odelana by 2nattie(m): 9:08am On Mar 18, 2018
AFONJAPIG:

Thunder fire finger wey you take type with the brain wey you take reason wetin you type. Bush meat

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Cultist Shot At Laspotech First Gate Area / How To Create An Autoresponder In An Html Form / Make Money Blogging

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.