Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,409 members, 7,808,458 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:13 PM

Tithing Can Be A Selfish Act If... - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Tithing Can Be A Selfish Act If... (876 Views)

Daddy Freeze Replies Pastor Adeboye’s Response To His Teachings On Tithing / Church Members Walk Out On Pastor Adefarasin Over Tithing / Have You Ever Been Blessed Through Tithing And Giving In Church? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tithing Can Be A Selfish Act If... by JesusSonOfGod: 11:24am On Mar 17, 2018
I so much agree that tithing is very important, in fact it is highly important. When you tithe you are observing the covenant that leads to abundance. I believe in tithing, but though I do not believe there's a curse on those who don't. When you tithe, you are doing yourself a favour and not anyone. Even if we tithe or not, God will still take care of His church.

This is why I believe that observing tithing or sowing of seed alone is selfish. When you tithe or sow seed you do it so that you will prosper and not for anyone to prosper. Tithing does not come with a reward of making heaven. When you tithe and still lack the fruits of the Spirit (When we you live by the lead of the Spirit, the fruits of the Spirit will manifest in your life, which is the character of Jesus Christ) , you still end up in hell. I know those our brothers who believe once saved always save will surely disagree with me.

It is very important to tithe, but if you fail to tithe you only limit the blessings that should have come, but you face no danger at all. When you fail to help those in need, when you fail to help the poor, widows, orphans, the oppressed, the sick, even your neighbor who is facing hard times and in need, you risk the danger of hell. In the scriptures, I have not seen where tithing is referred as criteria to enter the Kingdom of God (I stand to be corrected), but helping the needy is that essential. Also do not forget that helping the needy also comes with the blessings of prosperity.

I have a friend who works in one of the federal parastatals, his brother needed money for his school fees and his feeding in school urgently or he risks not writing his exams and of course starving, he refused to send money to him because if he should send money to him he won't be able to pay his tithe. Please, let's not forget we are dealing with God and not man. Let's take correction and make amends. We should tithe, but we should not only tithe and leave the other. If you ask me, I think helping those around you who are in need is more important than tithing, even though tithing is also necessary and important.

Our stay on earth is temporal. We should be more concern about life after here which will be for eternity. Do not get me wrong, tithing is important and necessary, but helping the needy is compulsory for all children of God. The both should be observed. Below is a scripture that might explain how important helping the needy is.

[b]Matthew 25:31-46

31 “When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, he will sit on his glorious throne. 32 All the nations will be gathered before him, and he will separate the people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. 33 He will put the sheep on his right and the goats on his left.

34 “Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. 35 For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, 36 I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’

37 “Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? 38 When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? 39 When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’

40 “The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’

41 “Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. 42 For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, 43 I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.’

44 “They also will answer, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you?’

45 “He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.’

46 “Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life.”[/b]
Re: Tithing Can Be A Selfish Act If... by JesusSonOfGod: 12:15pm On Mar 18, 2018
Happy Sunday
Re: Tithing Can Be A Selfish Act If... by JesusSonOfGod: 10:49pm On Mar 20, 2018
Matthew 23:23 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone.
Re: Tithing Can Be A Selfish Act If... by JesusSonOfGod: 1:00pm On Mar 21, 2018
Good day people
Re: Tithing Can Be A Selfish Act If... by JesusSonOfGod: 11:16am On Mar 24, 2018
Matthew 23 :23 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone.
Re: Tithing Can Be A Selfish Act If... by JesusSonOfGod: 10:02am On Mar 28, 2018
Good morning people
Re: Tithing Can Be A Selfish Act If... by JesusSonOfGod: 2:46am On Apr 01, 2018
Happy Easter
Re: Tithing Can Be A Selfish Act If... by JesusSonOfGod: 11:55am On Apr 07, 2018
Happy weekend
Re: Tithing Can Be A Selfish Act If... by JesusSonOfGod: 11:46am On Apr 12, 2018
From my understanding of the Bible, paying of tithe does not guarantee you making heaven. Whether you pay or not, but you are born again and the fruits of the Holy Spirit manifest in you, you are sure to make heaven.

Not helping the poor can stop you from making heaven.
Re: Tithing Can Be A Selfish Act If... by JesusSonOfGod: 10:34pm On Apr 14, 2018
Happy weekend
Re: Tithing Can Be A Selfish Act If... by JesusSonOfGod: 2:18pm On Apr 21, 2018
Happy Sunday
Re: Tithing Can Be A Selfish Act If... by JesusSonOfGod: 1:50pm On May 26, 2018
Happy weekend
Re: Tithing Can Be A Selfish Act If... by JesusSonOfGod: 11:29am On May 27, 2018
Happy Sunday
Re: Tithing Can Be A Selfish Act If... by JesusSonOfGod: 5:56pm On Jun 18, 2018
Good day people
Re: Tithing Can Be A Selfish Act If... by JesusSonOfGod: 10:38am On Jul 05, 2018
Great day
Re: Tithing Can Be A Selfish Act If... by JesusSonOfGod: 9:25am On Jul 08, 2018
cc:lalasticlala

Please, move this to front page. Thanks.
Re: Tithing Can Be A Selfish Act If... by JesusSonOfGod: 12:40pm On Jul 15, 2018
Happy Sunday
Re: Tithing Can Be A Selfish Act If... by JesusSonOfGod: 12:05am On Aug 26, 2018
cc: lalasticlala

(1) (Reply)

Evang Iyke Oriaku Call For Prayer As His Life And Ministry Seem Threatened / You Need To Read This – See How Fasting And Prayer Can Change Your Love Life. / 2020: Prophet T.B Joshua Releases Striking Prophecies About Osinbajo, Iran

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.