Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,008 members, 7,806,934 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:16 AM

Can A Person With 261 Get Medicine And Surgery In UNN - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Can A Person With 261 Get Medicine And Surgery In UNN (6596 Views)

Medicine And Surgery: Is It Worth The Attention It Gets? / Chinelo Okafor Receives N100,000 From AfricLearn For Making First Class In UNN / Can An Average Student Study Medicine And Surgery? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can A Person With 261 Get Medicine And Surgery In UNN by brojoes5030: 12:38pm On Mar 17, 2018
Can a person with 261 get medicine and surgery in unn
Re: Can A Person With 261 Get Medicine And Surgery In UNN by beninguy: 3:00pm On Mar 17, 2018
brojoes5030:
why not? I got 244 and 330 in pume and am a 400 level student at UNTH.. so it is a good score just blast the pume.
Re: Can A Person With 261 Get Medicine And Surgery In UNN by Nobody: 3:58pm On Mar 17, 2018
beninguy:
why not? I got 244 and 330 in pume and am a 400 level student at UNTH.. so it is a good score just blast the pume.
Just stop already !
Even with ur score,yea,the one u just posted,u no go smell supplementary list 4 Unn 4 medicine & surgery ( maybe with the connection,but not on merit list) !!

U wanna argue ?...let's do it then...
In ur jamb,u scored 244. & ur postutme 330 ! Great !
Now,ur jamb score is 60% & ur postutme is 40 % ,which determines ur aggregate score....

Therefore,ur jamb= 244 x 0.6 = 146.4
And ur postutme, 330 x 0.4= 132 !
Now,summing them up, 146.4+132 = 278. 4..!
Now,last year,Unn cut 304.3 4 merit !(2017)
Last two years,it was about 311 !! (2016)
2015 it was 295 !!
So,judge urself ,did u make it in any of the last three years merit cutoff 4 Unn ?! ...I guess capital No !!
Pls,next time stop misleading people with wrong information....
#Shalom !

3 Likes

Re: Can A Person With 261 Get Medicine And Surgery In UNN by Nobody: 4:15pm On Mar 17, 2018
brojoes5030:
Phew...I will not sugarcoat here man ! Just the truth ! So ,everything is left all to u....
Good jamb score ...kudos..u tried ,man...once again,kudos !
And course ? Unn 4 medicine & surgery ? Nice dream...BUT u wouldn't want these score to go down the drain ,right ? ...I will not advice u,even if it's my own blood brother to go 4 medicine & surgery ,particularly at Unn with that score !
You got no chance,even with that score..seriously !...Even with 340 in ur postutme ?..Phew..still slim man..but if u want to give it a shot ,all the best ....but also be prepared to write jamb AGAIN next year !! An advice man ...u can also weight up ur options...and plan B too..

My candid advice ? Go 4 change of course to either Medical Radiography,Medical Rehabilitation ,Medical Laboratory Science ,pharmacy ...if you're certain you can score 300+ on the high side,give it a shot !

You got BETTER chances with the three first aforementioned courses...think about that !
But medicine ? Man,pack well !!

All the very best..................

( And I did not talk about "connection" ,right ? I did that purposely !)

3 Likes

Re: Can A Person With 261 Get Medicine And Surgery In UNN by Deckline(m): 5:35pm On Mar 17, 2018
You have a chance in a state university.
Re: Can A Person With 261 Get Medicine And Surgery In UNN by Nobody: 5:43pm On Mar 17, 2018
what of 289
Re: Can A Person With 261 Get Medicine And Surgery In UNN by beninguy: 5:52pm On Mar 17, 2018
MidNightHunter:

Just stop already !
Even with ur score,yea,the one u just posted,u no go smell supplementary list 4 Unn 4 medicine & surgery ( maybe with the connection,but not on merit list) !!

U wanna argue ?...let's do it then...
In ur jamb,u scored 244. & ur postutme 330 ! Great !
Now,ur jamb score is 60% & ur postutme is 40 % ,which determines ur aggregate score....

Therefore,ur jamb= 244 x 0.6 = 146.4
And ur postutme, 330 x 0.4= 132 !
Now,summing them up, 146.4+132 = 278. 4..!
Now,last year,Unn cut 304.3 4 merit !(2017)
Last two years,it was about 311 !! (2016)
2015 it was 295 !!
So,judge urself ,did u make it in any of the last three years merit cutoff 4 Unn ?! ...I guess capital No !!
Pls,next time stop misleading people with wrong information....
#Shalom !
Nice statistics but you should apply sense. I said am a 400 level student of UNTH. UNN uses the ratio of 50:50 not 60:40. I applied in 2014 and i have unn under my catchment. Pls next time dont open your mouth to talk trash. U can get 360 in unn post utme it isnt hard. Pls never give up. You can join me at UNTH it all depends on you and stop listening to any naive jambite.

2 Likes

Re: Can A Person With 261 Get Medicine And Surgery In UNN by beninguy: 5:56pm On Mar 17, 2018
MidNightHunter:

Phew...I will not sugarcoat here man ! Just the truth ! So ,everything is left all to u....
Good jamb score ...kudos..u tried ,man...once again,kudos !
And course ? Unn 4 medicine & surgery ? Nice dream...BUT u wouldn't want these score to go down the drain ,right ? ...I will not advice u,even if it's my own blood brother to go 4 medicine & surgery ,particularly at Unn with that score !
You got no chance,even with that score..seriously !...Even with 340 in ur postutme ?..Phew..still slim man..but if u want to give it a shot ,all the best ....but also be prepared to write jamb AGAIN next year !! An advice man ...u can also weight up ur options...and plan B too..

My candid advice ? Go 4 change of course to either Medical Radiography,Medical Rehabilitation ,Medical Laboratory Science ,pharmacy ...if you're certain you can score 300+ on the high side,give it a shot !

You got BETTER chances with the three first aforementioned courses...think about that !
But medicine ? Man,pack well !!

All the very best..................

( And I did not talk about "connection" ,right ? I did that purposely !)

you sound like a guy deprived from medicine. Man please dont discourage people because you failed several times.
Re: Can A Person With 261 Get Medicine And Surgery In UNN by Nzenzemulu(m): 6:03pm On Mar 17, 2018
I got 297 in Jamb....Can I get Medicine & Surgery in Unizik.
Also how do Unizik calculate their aggregate for cut-off mark.
Do anyone know their cut-off in previous years?
Re: Can A Person With 261 Get Medicine And Surgery In UNN by uchennamani(m): 6:33pm On Mar 17, 2018
It is possible but highly improbable. Your chances are rather slim, very slim. The advice to change to Nursing Science, Medical Radiography, Pharmacy is dope. Forgot the that guy that scored 266 in Jamb and 340 in PUME. Medicine and Surgery in UNN has never cut less than 290 in the last 5 years.

2 Likes

Re: Can A Person With 261 Get Medicine And Surgery In UNN by uchennamani(m): 6:38pm On Mar 17, 2018
beninguy:
Stop lying joh
Re: Can A Person With 261 Get Medicine And Surgery In UNN by uchennamani(m): 6:40pm On Mar 17, 2018
beninguy:
Nice statistics but you should apply sense. I said am a 400 level student of UNTH. UNN uses the ratio of 50:50 not 60:40. I applied in 2014 and i have unn under my catchment. Pls next time dont open your mouth to talk trash. U can get 360 in unn post utme it isnt hard. Pls never give up. You can join me at UNTH it all depends on you and stop listening to any naive jambite.
400 level medical student don't stay in UNTH. They stay in UNEC. Biko, stop lying.
Re: Can A Person With 261 Get Medicine And Surgery In UNN by somtoto(m): 6:44pm On Mar 17, 2018
Nzenzemulu:
I got 297 in Jamb....Can I get Medicine & Surgery in Unizik.
Also how do Unizik calculate their aggregate for cut-off mark.
Do anyone know their cut-off in previous years?
your score is really high but prepare well for the postume cos that's where people with high score do Bleep up... pls note that unizik postume no be beans o
Re: Can A Person With 261 Get Medicine And Surgery In UNN by Nobody: 6:59pm On Mar 17, 2018
beninguy:
You're a bastard lier !
Unn uses 60:40 percent 4 jamb & postutme scores respectively......
By the way,you're not even a medical student ! Lmao...
U have not being to Unn for first year ,let alone unec to complete ur medical degree !
U know absolutely nothing about Unn !
You're just a JUPEB student that feel scammed by LASU..... & u got the effrontery to claim you're doing ur clinicals in University of Nigeria Teaching Hospital ?....I beat u to the game ! Lols

Pls,go & settle ur issues with LASU over why you were denied admission before u come here & boost who u never were !
I can even bet my life you have not crossed Unn main gate ,just crossing it o,not talking about attending lectures o....
Come,where do u know in Unn ? Lmao...
U know the Digital Library ? Oh wait ,u know the popular GS building ?? I guess not ...what about the popular Eagle square ??....same !
So just keep quite & crew back to ur real life & stop claiming who you are not !
...and pls,when ur jamb result is out,let me know,so we can celebrate with u...I also wrote jamb again,so don't feel shy & bad ! Lmfao....

#proudly A lion !!

Can u scream the same ....

2 Likes

Re: Can A Person With 261 Get Medicine And Surgery In UNN by Nobody: 7:11pm On Mar 17, 2018
uchennamani:
400 level medical student don't stay in UNTH. They stay in UNEC. Biko, stop lying.
I swear ,the guy is a bastard lier !
He is a JUPEB student from LASU o claiming shit ! Even JUPEB student in Unn campus cannot talk shit !.......
Check his nairaland history & see 4 urself !
He don't even know road to Unn ,yet he claims he is a 400L Unn medical student !
If u ask him were he did his first year as a medical student ,he may even tell u unec ! Lmao..

Does he even know Unn campus & unec are not these same ?
.......voracious lying bitch !!

1 Like

Re: Can A Person With 261 Get Medicine And Surgery In UNN by Aremson14(m): 7:21pm On Mar 17, 2018
How about 250 for unilorin
Re: Can A Person With 261 Get Medicine And Surgery In UNN by Nobody: 7:28pm On Mar 17, 2018
beninguy:
you sound like a guy deprived from medicine. Man please dont discourage people because you failed several times.
cheesy cheesy cheesy
Who is being denied admission ? Me or u ?
For ur information,if u actually care to know,I got medical Radiography on merit last year in Unn...took it up,and wrote jamb again these year at Unn Digital Library .......medicine & surgery ....which certainly will workout these year !
So,what would I gain by discouraging a potential lion or lioness 4 there dreams ?
In Unn, we help people achieve their dreams & not discourage them from it !
Still wishing u a BETTER score in ur jamb....Seriously & sincerely !
#shalom...
(Photo removed )

1 Like

Re: Can A Person With 261 Get Medicine And Surgery In UNN by Nobody: 7:58pm On Mar 17, 2018
If you can make 340 Atleast in your aptitude test.. yeah.. my guy got 273 in jamb they gave him Plant Science.

1 Like

Re: Can A Person With 261 Get Medicine And Surgery In UNN by Hansemmar: 8:39pm On Mar 17, 2018
To be sincere, the chances are slim but doesn't mean you can't get in. You need to buckle down ur shoes with the putme.... If you are able to make a considerably high putme score, You'd get in but nevertheless, you might want to consider other options...... The choice is urs
Re: Can A Person With 261 Get Medicine And Surgery In UNN by chieyine(m): 9:07pm On Mar 17, 2018
brojoes5030:
Don't mind all these people saying it is impossible.
It is very possible
My name is Chieyine Nelson
Google it

Am in 400 level medicine and surgery
First year stay in nsk
Second and third years unec
Fourth and fifth years old unth
Final year ituku

I got 259 in jamb and 330 in post ume in 2014

Your destiny is in your hands

I entered through merit list
Re: Can A Person With 261 Get Medicine And Surgery In UNN by arinzos(m): 9:55pm On Mar 17, 2018
brojoes5030:
There is no harm in trying,261 is good but not that good for medicine and surgery in UNN.try as much as possible to score very high during postume(if there will be one).From inception of postume up to 2015,it was 50:50 not 60:40.so someone with 244 jamb and 330 postume can make it as at then.
Re: Can A Person With 261 Get Medicine And Surgery In UNN by decomzy1o1: 11:52am On Mar 18, 2018
UNN ASPIRANTS CAN JOIN UNN OFFICIAL FACEBOOK GROUP
simply search UNN FRESHERS GUIDE

The group have helped me a lot..

(1) (Reply)

Cool [photos] Of Albino Animals And More / Hensard University: HSDF Rolls Out Agricultural Entrepreneurial Scholarships / Yabatech Admission List For 2009/2010 And Change Of Course Form

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.