Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,293 members, 7,807,996 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:53 AM

Islam vs Christianity. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam vs Christianity. (3073 Views)

Alcohol And Gambling (Islam Vs Christianity) / Egypt Vs Christianity / Atheism VS Christianity, Which One Is A Result Of Indoctrination? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Islam vs Christianity. by Toks2008(m): 12:50pm On Mar 17, 2018
Religion is never the same as salvation. The world created and institutionalized Religion but GOD GAVE US SALVATION through Christ Jesus.

Whether you practice Islam or Christianity as a religion,whether you convert from Islam to Christianity or from Christianity to islam,whether you pray in a Mosque or in a church,whether you observe Christmas/Easter or Ed festivals,whether you call him Allah in Arabic or Jehovah in Hebrew language and whether you go to Mecca or Jerusalem a thousand times,it is inconsequential to GOD because there is no religion in his kingdom neither are there Muslims or Christians but only those who have accepted salvation through the blood of Jesus that was shed on the cross of Calvary.

You can practise Christianity as a religion and still miss heaven and as a practising Muslim, you can go to mosque,pray 5times daily,go to mecca a trillion times and observe all the ed festivals and still accept Jesus as lord and saviour without joining "the christian religion" because Islam and Christianity are just religion but salvation of our soul is only through Jesus who brought redemption(Not religion) to the world.

No matter the religion you practice,Until you accept Jesus Christ as your lord and savior,you have no hope of ever seeing GOD's kingdom(Janna) and you have automatically made a choice to spend your eternity in hell after you leave this world.

Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.(John 14:6)and Quran 4:171 clearly refers to Jesus as the messiah

Accepting Jesus as your lord and savior is the easiest yet the most rewarding decision you can ever make whilst you are still alive. No matter where you live on earth,just read these words aloud and you are automatically saved.

"Lord Jesus Christ, I am sorry for the things I have done wrong in my life. I ask your forgiveness and now turn from everything which I know is wrong. Thank you for dying on the cross for me to set me free from my sins. Please come into my life and fill me with your Holy Spirit and be with me forever. Thank you Lord Jesus Amen.”

If you just read the above aloud i say a Big congratulations..No matter how hard you struggle with sins after you have been saved please don't ever give up your salvation but Continue to sincerely pray for the Holy spirit to help you perfect your salvation and i hope to see you someday in GOD's kingdom....

Life is fickle and anyone can die at anytime..The worst thing that can ever happen to any human is to be caught dead without accepting Jesus as lord and saviour.

Please share this post and lets save souls together for GOD's kingdom.

4 Likes

Re: Islam vs Christianity. by Julivas(m): 1:05pm On Mar 17, 2018
Wow. ...... love this write - up .I pray people can make use of it. @op, I hope you continue to do this and leave those romance stuffs.

1 Like

Re: Islam vs Christianity. by Toks2008(m): 1:18pm On Mar 17, 2018
Julivas:
Wow. ...... love this write - up .I pray people can make use of it.
@op, I hope you continue to do this and leave those romance stuffs.

Thanks but Romance plays a big role in human existence and i just dont write on romance but i give valuable advise.

Freelance writing is a passion i wish i can let go but my greatest passion is winning souls for the kingdom of GOD.

i WISH LALASTICLALA CAN PUT THIS ON FRONT PAGE..after all,the disclaimer on nairaland makes it perfectly ok.

1 Like

Re: Islam vs Christianity. by DynasTee: 1:25pm On Mar 17, 2018
Stop religion comparison Just preach the gospel

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Islam vs Christianity. by Toks2008(m): 1:36pm On Mar 17, 2018
DynasTee:
Stop religion comparison
Just preach the gospel

Did you at least take time out to read just few lines?

Please imbibe the reading culture...cos making comments based on titles can be very embarrassing.

5 Likes

Re: Islam vs Christianity. by CuteMadridista: 1:44pm On Mar 17, 2018
very biased writeup

I regard both religions as being built on bullsheet anyways so wetin concern CuteMadridista.....

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Islam vs Christianity. by dalaman: 2:02pm On Mar 17, 2018
Trash write up. Christianity is exactly as valid as Islam. Both are man made religious belief systems. There is nothing to show that Jesus is real and Allah is false. OP can NOT demonstrate or show us anything that Jesus can do that Allah cannot do.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Islam vs Christianity. by Lirqur: 2:10pm On Mar 17, 2018
Toks2008:
Religion is never the same as salvation. The world created and institutionalized Religion but GOD GAVE US SALVATION through Christ Jesus.

Whether you practice Islam or Christianity as a religion,whether you pray in a Mosque or in a church,whether you observe Christmas/Easter or Ed festivals,whether you call him Allah in Arabic or Jehovah in Hebrew language and whether you go to Mecca or Jerusalem a thousand times,it is inconsequential to GOD because there is no religion in his kingdom neither are there Muslims or Christians but only those who have accepted salvation through the blood of Jesus that was shed on the cross of Calvary.

No matter the religion you practice,Until you accept Jesus Christ as your lord and savior,you have no hope of ever seeing GOD's kingdom(Janna) and you have automatically made a choice to spend your eternity in hell after you leave this world.

Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.(John 14:6)

Accepting Jesus as your lord and savior is the easiest yet the most rewarding decision you can ever make. No matter where you live on earth,just read these words aloud and you are automatically saved.

"Lord Jesus Christ, I am sorry for the things I have done wrong in my life. I ask your forgiveness and now turn from everything which I know is wrong. Thank you for dying on the cross for me to set me free from my sins. Please come into my life and fill me with your Holy Spirit and be with me forever. Thank you Lord Jesus Amen.”

If you just read the above aloud i say a Big congratulations..No matter how hard you struggle with sins after you have been saved please don't ever give up your salvation but Continue to sincerely pray for the Holy spirit to help you perfect your salvation and i hope to see you someday in GOD's kingdom....

Please share this post and lets save souls together for GOD's kingdom.

Well you're correct about what Jesus (pbuh) said in John 14:6 Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.[/color] That was Jesus explaining that to know Allah you have to accept him. Which checkmates the Muslims belief that "to be regarded as a Muslim, You have to accept Jesus (pbuh) as a messenger of Allah. All of us are waiting the return of Jesus (pbuh).

Salaam.

3 Likes

Re: Islam vs Christianity. by Originakalokalo(m): 3:05pm On Mar 17, 2018
Lirqur:

Well you're correct about what Jesus (pbuh) said in John 14:6 Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.[/color] That was Jesus explaining that tonow Allah you have to accept him. Which checkmates the Muslims belief that "to be regarded as a Muslim, You have to accept Jesus (pbuh) as a messenger of Allah. All of us are waiting the return of Jesus (pbuh).

Salaam.

My oga,. I told you in my thread to STOP saying this.

If you believe in Jesus,

YOU WILL BE BAPTIZED.

Mark 16 vs 16... Anyone who believes and is BAPTIZED shall be saved.

Are you ready to be baptized in the name of the father and of the son and of the holy ghost?

Do you really believe in Jesus?

Then get baptized.
Re: Islam vs Christianity. by Toks2008(m): 3:19pm On Mar 17, 2018
Lirqur:

Well you're correct about what Jesus (pbuh) said in John 14:6 Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.[/color] That was Jesus explaining that tonow Allah you have to accept him. Which checkmates the Muslims belief that "to be regarded as a Muslim, You have to accept Jesus (pbuh) as a messenger of Allah. All of us are waiting the return of Jesus (pbuh).

Salaam.
You are a valid candidate for heaven cos I sense in my spirit that your soul yearns fir christ.

Please read that sinners prayer and if you can join any bible believing church just do so to build your faith...

Your soul is too precious to GOD and news flash! God asked me to tell you that he wants to use you for his glory.

Please yield.
Re: Islam vs Christianity. by Emmytes(m): 5:22pm On Mar 17, 2018
Toks2008:

You are a valid candidate for heaven cos I sense in my spirit that your soul yearns fir christ.

Please read that sinners prayer and if you can join any bible believing church just do so to build your faith...

Your soul is too precious to GOD and news flash! God asked me to tell you that he wants to use you for his glory.

Please yield.

I hope those tiny voices in your head don't tell you to kill somebody one day and you yield.

You are clearly delusional.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Islam vs Christianity. by hakeem4(m): 7:56pm On Mar 17, 2018
Both are wrong

1 Like

Re: Islam vs Christianity. by Toks2008(m): 8:58pm On Mar 17, 2018
hakeem4:
Both are wrong
Only salvation that matters.
Re: Islam vs Christianity. by Uyi168: 9:08pm On Mar 17, 2018
Islam is nt the right way,christianity is...thats what d op is saying..next pls
Re: Islam vs Christianity. by hakeem4(m): 10:45pm On Mar 17, 2018
Toks2008:

Only salvation that matters.
salvation? From what ?

1 Like

Re: Islam vs Christianity. by CuteMadridista: 11:10pm On Mar 17, 2018
hakeem4:
salvation? From what ?

*Knock Knock*

hakeem4: Who's that?

Stranger: I'm Jesus, let me in

hakeem4: why should I let you in?

Jesus: to save you

hakeem4: from what?

Jesus: from what I'll do to you if you don't let me in

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Islam vs Christianity. by Humanistme: 11:16pm On Mar 17, 2018
oga stick to romance section

1 Like

Re: Islam vs Christianity. by hakeem4(m): 11:44pm On Mar 17, 2018
CuteMadridista:

*Knock Knock*

hakeem4: Who's that?

Stranger: I'm Jesus, let me in

hakeem4: why should I let you in?

Jesus: to save you

hakeem4: from what?

Jesus: from what I'll do to you if you don't let me in
let him stop poverty, hunger and other evils before he comes and save me

1 Like

Re: Islam vs Christianity. by Nobody: 12:27am On Mar 18, 2018
Toks2008:

Please yield.

why should he join bible believing church? I thought you said religion doesn't matter and that only accepting jesus leads to salvation

keep fooling and contradicting your self

9 Likes

Re: Islam vs Christianity. by certifiedfool: 3:21am On Mar 18, 2018
Toks2008:

Please yield.
This shows clearly what you mean with your rubbish write-up. You simply means Christianity is the way why Islam is not. Or why would you want him to convert if he already have a religion.

Why can't you just come out clean with your intentions rather than beating around the bush...

Folks like you who think they're knowledgeable create problems
in our society and deserves to be culled out...

Why the religion comparison. For Christ sake, can't you stick with what you believe in and leave others to worship what they believe. Why can't people live and co-habit freely without this religion comparison...

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Islam vs Christianity. by Toks2008(m): 4:23am On Mar 18, 2018
Proudgorgeousga:

why should he join bible believing church? I thought you said religion doesn't matter and that only accepting jesus leads to salvation

keep fooling and contradicting your self

You are the one missing it.

When you accept christ as lord and saviour you become a believer in christ and you are redeemed.
.this is totally different from the institutionalized body called Christianity.

The bible teaches us about Jesus and a church is the body of christ (Not a building)
Re: Islam vs Christianity. by Toks2008(m): 4:28am On Mar 18, 2018
certifiedfool:
This shows clearly what you mean with your rubbish write-up. You simply means Christianity is the way why Islam is not. Or why would you want him to convert if he already have a religion.

Why can't you just come out clean with your intentions rather than beating around the bush...

Folks like you who think they're knowledgeable create problems
in our society and deserves to be culled out...

Why the religion comparison. For Christ sake, can't you stick with what you believe in and leave others to worship what they believe. Why can't people live and co-habit freely without this religion comparison...

You see what you want to see.

Jesus is the way...not Islam or Christianity as religious bodies and I don't know where you saw any comparison except the one you formed in your head.
Re: Islam vs Christianity. by orisa37: 5:00am On Mar 18, 2018
Islam means "Worship God". Christianity means "Worship God". We individually practise them the way we know best.
Re: Islam vs Christianity. by orisa37: 5:03am On Mar 18, 2018
We seek differences when we lack confidence in our Practice
Re: Islam vs Christianity. by orisa37: 5:06am On Mar 18, 2018
We seek differences when we lack confidence in our Practice or we are troubleshooting.
Re: Islam vs Christianity. by CuteMadridista: 5:27am On Mar 18, 2018
Toks2008:

Jesus is the way...not Islam or Christianity as religious bodies and I don't know where you saw any comparison except the one you formed in your head.

Allah is the way...not Islam or Christianity

2 Likes

Re: Islam vs Christianity. by Nobody: 7:49am On Mar 18, 2018
Toks2008:

You are the one missing it.

When you accept christ as lord and saviour you become a believer in christ and you are redeemed.
.this is totally different from the institutionalized body called Christianity.

The bible teaches us about Jesus and a church is the body of christ (Not a building)

you are the one missing it. to practice the religion Christianity, believing in Jesus alone isn't enough you also have to congregate with other believers. so all you have been trying to say in this your thread is that Christianity is the way but not Islam which in my opinion is horseshit
Re: Islam vs Christianity. by Toks2008(m): 9:54am On Mar 18, 2018
Proudgorgeousga:

you are the one missing it. to practice the religion Christianity, believing in Jesus alone isn't enough you also have to congregate with other believers. so all you have been trying to say in this your thread is that Christianity is the way but not Islam which in my opinion is horseshit

Can you now see you are totally missing the point.

You don't have to go to a church before you can be a believer in christ. .and wait for this....YOU DON'T HAVE TO CHANGE FROM ISLAM TO CHRISTIANITY in order to be a believer in christ.

You can go to mosque,pray 5times daily,go to mecca a trillion times and observe all the ed festivals and still accept Jesus as lord and saviour because Islam and Christianity are just religion but salvation of our soul is only through Jesus who brought redemption(Not religion) to the world.

Let me stop here and I just wish lalasticlala can put this unbiased thread to front page.
Re: Islam vs Christianity. by ayili: 6:01pm On Mar 18, 2018
Lirqur:

Well you're correct about what Jesus (pbuh) said in John 14:6 Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.[/color] That was Jesus explaining that to know Allah you have to accept him. Which checkmates the Muslims belief that "to be regarded as a Muslim, You have to accept Jesus (pbuh) as a messenger of Allah. All of us are waiting the return of Jesus (pbuh).

Salaam.
Accepting Jesus as a messenger is not the same as accepting Jesus as the way the truth and the life. If you are using the passage John 14:6 to validate accepting Jesus as a messenger then you have to check it again, the passage says nothing of messengership of Jesus rather the way, truth and life as a Muslim that claim to accept Jesus then it has to be accepting him as the only way, the truth and life through which you can gain access to the presence of the Father (eternally).
Re: Islam vs Christianity. by Toks2008(m): 6:49pm On Mar 18, 2018
ayili:

Accepting Jesus as a messenger is not the same as accepting Jesus as the way the truth and the life. If you are using the passage John 14:6 to validate accepting Jesus as a messenger then you have to check it again, the passage says nothing of messengership of Jesus rather the way, truth and life as a Muslim that claim to accept Jesus then it has to be accepting him as the only way, the truth and life through which you can gain access to the presence of the Father (eternally).

Gbam!

But the truth is that the world has made salvation difficult because they preach religion...meaning if you are not practising Christianity as a religion then you can be saved but Christianity as a religion is different from being Christ like.
Re: Islam vs Christianity. by ayili: 11:30pm On Mar 18, 2018
Toks2008:

Gbam!

But the truth is that the world has made salvation difficult because they preach religion...meaning if you are not practising Christianity as a religion then you can be saved but Christianity as a religion is different from being Christ like.
What do you mean by ""Christianity as a religion is different from being Christ like? "" mind you Christianity means being Christ like and the word Christians was first use in Antioch(acts 11:19-30) because the believers were said to be leaving a Christ-like lifestyle

Now you CAN'T be Christ-Like and be practicing another religion. If one is truly Christ-like then he need not be ashamed of identifying with Christ (mark 3:38) besides the Bible encourages christ-like people to fellowship together (Hebrew 10:25) hence it's NOT OK if one is Christ-like and at the same time fellowship with other unchrist-like people.
The only way to salvation is through Christ Jesus. To accept Christ Jesus, you must believe and confess with your mouth (Romans 10:10 For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved.) John 3:16 say "whosever believe in him " so salvation is NOt about good works alone one can be an unbeliever and be doing Good Good works, that doesn't guarantee salvation.
Re: Islam vs Christianity. by Toks2008(m): 11:35pm On Mar 18, 2018
ayili:

What do you mean by ""Christianity as a religion is different from being Christ like? "" mind you Christianity means being Christ like and the word Christians was first use in Antioch(acts 11:19-30) because the believers were said to be leaving a Christ-like lifestyle

Now you CAN'T be Christ-Like and be practicing another religion. If one is truly Christ-like then he need not be ashamed of identifying with Christ (mark 3:38) besides the Bible encourages christ-like people to fellowship together (Hebrew 10:25) hence it's NOT OK if one is Christ-like and at the same time fellowship with other unchrist-like people.
The only way to salvation is through Christ Jesus. To accept Christ Jesus, you must believe and confess with your mouth (Romans 10:10 For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved.) John 3:16 say "whosever believe in him " so salvation is NOt about good works alone one can be an unbeliever and be doing Good Good works, that doesn't guarantee salvation.

The term Christian was first used by Pagans in antioch and YES I agree that if you are christ like then you are a true Christian but today the world has INSTITUTIONALIZED the word Christian which is not the same as the meaning of the "christ like" but a religion.

There is no place in the scriptures that says you must belong to Christianity before you can make heaven but to accept Jesus as your lord and saviour.

So YES a Muslim can continue to be a Muslim yet accept Jesus as lord and saviour...it's a mystery and a revelation for this end time.

A typical Muslim lives a "righteous" life and a typical Christian does same but it becomes so hard on the Muslims when you tell them that they must convert and drop there "religion" and this is unscriptural.

Rather tell them about salvation and once they accept Jesus as lord and saviour they become born again,redeemed and christ like automatically by virtue of their acceptance.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Can You Prove That God Doesn't Exist? / Tread For MFM 70 Days Fasting And Prayer / No Religious Wars In The Bible: Bible Critics Shut Up !!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.