Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,159 members, 7,780,125 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 10:00 AM

I Did Not Say Nigerians Have Lost Trust In President Buhari - Peter Obi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Did Not Say Nigerians Have Lost Trust In President Buhari - Peter Obi (908 Views)

Saraki: It’s Criminal To Say Nigerians Consume Over 50m Litres Of PMS Daily / Those Claiming Buhari Is Jubril Need Psychiatric Attention, Say Nigerians Abroad / Ekwueme's Burial : Buhari, Peter Obi, S’east Governors Missing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Did Not Say Nigerians Have Lost Trust In President Buhari - Peter Obi by globemoney: 3:19am On Mar 18, 2018
Former Anambra State governor, Mr. Peter Obi, has denied saying Nigerians have lost confidence in the administration of President Muhammadu Buhari. SaharaReporters, in a report, had quoted Mr. Obi as saying Nigerians no longer trust President Buhari's government.

But in a statement issued by Mr. Obi's media office on Friday, the former governor said he was quoted out of context. According to Mr. Obi, the report was purportedly based on a speech he delivered on 15 March at the Ripples Nigeria Dialogue.

He maintained that SaharaReporters, in its story, never directly quoted him as saying the words that formed the headline of its story.

“For the avoidance of doubt, what I said during my presentation was that the political class, including myself, has failed to meet the expectations of Nigerians. While it is true that I said that Nigerians have lost faith in their governments due to unfulfilled promises.

"Never at any time did I mention the name of President Buhari, his government or any particular government in answering questions asked by the teeming audience. I only spoke in general terms, referring to the government at all levels and not to the Federal Government,” said Mr. Obi.

He stated that his speech at the event was reported by many other news outlets, including the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN), without a single one quoting as saying that Nigerians have lost trust in the administration of President Buhari. Mr. Obi urged journalists to eschew sensationalism so as to avoid creating unnecessary tension in the country.

http://saharareporters.com/2018/03/17/i-did-not-say-nigerians-have-lost-trust-president-buhari-peter-obi
Re: I Did Not Say Nigerians Have Lost Trust In President Buhari - Peter Obi by fayvoor(m): 3:23am On Mar 18, 2018
Re: I Did Not Say Nigerians Have Lost Trust In President Buhari - Peter Obi by globemoney: 3:25am On Mar 18, 2018
grin grin grin grin

If I call him adaobi now, my brother nwabobo will not like it. Fact is that peter obi has many skeletons in his cupboard and he has been very careful in his dishonest criticisms on government, focusing on only state governments, instead of directly attacking Buhari and his failed federal government that is responsible for 80% of Nigeria problem like most critics have been doing. Word on the streets say adaobi was one of the people that secretly returned looted funds early in this government.
I dare the one wristwatch man who "did not use bulletproof cars during his tenure as Anambra governor" according to him, but who bought one for his sucessor to every say pim against the genocidal military dictator called Buhari. This can't be an igbo leader. smh
Re: I Did Not Say Nigerians Have Lost Trust In President Buhari - Peter Obi by globemoney: 3:26am On Mar 18, 2018
nonsobaba, cuche, lalasticlala, mynd44, nwabobo, FYA
Re: I Did Not Say Nigerians Have Lost Trust In President Buhari - Peter Obi by Nobody: 3:49am On Mar 18, 2018
WHETHER WE HAVE LOST TRUST OR NOT

.......2019 IS JUST SOME MONTH TO GO

........WE SHALL SEE IF NIGERIA IS GOING TO RISE UP AGAIN.

#2019.........loading.
Re: I Did Not Say Nigerians Have Lost Trust In President Buhari - Peter Obi by nwabobo: 5:07am On Mar 18, 2018
globemoney:
grin grin grin grin

If I call him adaobi now, my brother nwabobo will not like it. Fact is that peter obi has many skeletons in his cupboard and he has been very careful in his dishonest criticisms on government, focusing on only state governments, instead of directly attacking Buhari and his failed federal government that is responsible for 80% of Nigeria problem like most critics have been doing. Word on the streets say adaobi was one of the people that secretly returned looted funds early in this government.
I dare the one wristwatch man who "did not use bulletproof cars during his tenure as Anambra governor" according to him, but who bought one for his sucessor to every say pim against the genocidal military dictator called Buhari. This can't be an igbo leader. smh

Guy it's time to grow up, you'll be clocking 43 soon and you can't keep behaving like a kid.

Should he accept that he said what he didn't say even if it what was attributed to him was right? Fact is; that wasn't what he said even though Nigerians have lost faith in Buhari but he didn't say that and is right to say he didn't say that.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Did Not Say Nigerians Have Lost Trust In President Buhari - Peter Obi by Africonji: 7:06am On Mar 18, 2018
globemoney:
grin grin grin grin

Your jealousy and envy of Okwute will not diminish his status as a well respected states man. A prophet is not honoured in his home so I don't blame your kind for lacking to appreciate such a fine gentleman. You will live to see Okwute rise higher and higher in the political pedestal. Mark my words freeglobe.

1 Like

Re: I Did Not Say Nigerians Have Lost Trust In President Buhari - Peter Obi by Hofbrauhaus(m): 7:11am On Mar 18, 2018
See the way this fool dey shake for mouth..".I didn't say, I only said, I would have sayed? "

Idiotic useless and foolish ex governor!
Igbo women don't give birth to cowards, I wonder who the mother of this goat is??

1 Like

Re: I Did Not Say Nigerians Have Lost Trust In President Buhari - Peter Obi by Nutase: 7:26am On Mar 18, 2018
Even if you said so did you lie? Tell them you're in your house they should come and beat you.
Re: I Did Not Say Nigerians Have Lost Trust In President Buhari - Peter Obi by globemoney: 9:15am On Mar 18, 2018
Lalasticlala, mynd44 Peter Obi wants Nigerians to know what he actually said. Smh
Re: I Did Not Say Nigerians Have Lost Trust In President Buhari - Peter Obi by globemoney: 9:19am On Mar 18, 2018
nwabobo:

Guy it's time to grow up, you'll be clocking 43 soon and you can't keep behaving like a kid.

Should he accept that he said what he didn't say even if it what was attributed to him was right? Fact is; that wasn't what he said even though Nigerians have lost faith in Buhari but he didn't say that and is right to say he didn't say that.
Point me to any place Peter Obi has ever called out Buhari directly like most critics have been doing. He has been attacking governments you know but no one knows where he stands on Buhari. We know what Obi is doing. Let him keep deceiving himself
Re: I Did Not Say Nigerians Have Lost Trust In President Buhari - Peter Obi by globemoney: 9:21am On Mar 18, 2018
Africonji:

Your jealousy and envy of Okwute will not diminish his status as a well respected states man. A prophet is not honoured in his home so I don't blame your kind for lacking to appreciate such a fine gentleman. You will live to see Okwute rise higher and higher in the political pedestal. Mark my words freeglobe.
Address me as my handle. After all you said about how obi will remove obiano, I now consider you as a clown cheesy
Re: I Did Not Say Nigerians Have Lost Trust In President Buhari - Peter Obi by Africonji: 9:31am On Mar 18, 2018
globemoney:

Address me as my handle. After all you said about how obi will remove obiano, I now consider you as a clown cheesy

Your level of envy and jealousy for Okwute is special and tragedic. I feel very sorry for you. It is your peanuts salary that is 'working' like all the 'Willie working' propaganda.

2 Likes

Re: I Did Not Say Nigerians Have Lost Trust In President Buhari - Peter Obi by Janaanu: 10:07am On Mar 18, 2018
Hofbrauhaus:
See the way this fool dey shake for mouth..".I didn't say, I only said, I would have sayed? "

Idiotic useless and foolish ex governor!
Igbo women don't give birth to cowards, I wonder who the mother of this goat is??

Errm ... Sorry for intruding. I can't help but ask this question: Who gave birth to Ojukwu, the greatest coward in the history of Nigeria?

(1) (Reply)

PDP Presidential Aspirant, Turaki Commiserates With Zamfara People. / President Buhari "Nigerian Youths Are Lazy" Speech / Obasanjo, ADC, 30 Other Parties In Alliance Deal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.