Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,487 members, 7,808,790 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:56 PM

Good Occult Fraternities - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Good Occult Fraternities (46677 Views)

‪What Is Eckankar? Is It A Cult, A Religion, Part Of The Occult? / Occult Powers Of KASAKIKA Of Island Of Mozambique / Good Occult Fraternities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Good Occult Fraternities by GODSON2009(m): 5:55pm On May 23, 2011
Pastor AIO:

Thank you so much for explaining the meaning of booties and showing me how to read the text. In fact it illustrates my point that any text can be read in any way depending on the creative intelligence of the reader. I will take your point and read the passage only from verse 16, ignoring verse 15. This is still what I get:

16“Then you shall gather all its booty into the middle of its open square and burn the city and all its booty with fire as a whole burnt offering to the LORD your God;

I still see a city being burnt (with all it's booty, not just the booty alone). Since we have separated the booty from the rest of the city what does the city that is being burnt consist of?
its not about the creative intelligence of the reader,its about getting the essence the exegesis like i have stated before and the purpose,if you have noticed the bible is like layes upon laters of interwoven incidents,you simply cannot pick out an incident and then talk about it independently of the supporting verses.
i never said that GOD did not accept burn offerings,in fact examples abound in the old testament where burn offering was offered unto him either to appease him or to ask for favours.
the city being burnt contains properties of the inhabitants,if you check the bible other exampes abound where the israelites are told to burn everything without taking any "booty" king saul actually lost his kingdom because he disobeyed GOD not to take anything i.e booty from a vanquished enemy
Pastor AIO:

I don't know why you quoted the above. Is it that it is what you believe, or is it a red herring? Or could it really be that you quoted it 'to serve to enlighten me'? The article does not actually state what happens. It seems to me that it is just wriggling about trying to squirm its way out of the difficult position. After speculating whether or not Jephthah could have done such a thing, it then says that whether he did it or not it doesn't matter cos it doesn't say that God approved of it, and in fact God in Deuteronomy expressly disapproved.
It is all rather long-winded, and I have a preference for just following what the bible said in simplicity.
yes,that is what i believe actually its not a red herring and even though the bible did not categorically state what that jephtah did at the end of that chapter,we could look at another incident of similar situation in the bible and rationally deduce.
example where similar happened samuels's mother made a vow to GOD that any child she gets will be dedicated to GOD fore ever he was not killed or slaughtered.
there is no where that GOD will demand for a human sacrifice,and i added the link and short recital to show an enlightened explanation from someone who was more knowledgeable than i am concerning that incident
Pastor AIO:

39At the end of two months she returned to her father, who did to her according to the vow which he had made;

What was the vow? To offer her as a burnt offering! simples.
and i will state for the umpteenth time that the vow was to give the daughter unto a lifetime of service to GOD sort of like a nun,if you traverse the length and breath of different religious persuations like seventh day adventists,jehovah's witness others this is what they all believe and subscribe to.since you are not a christian you cannot know about my religion more than i do by applying literal meanings,its like when jesus said he will demolish the temple and build it back in 3 days, fair enough?
Pastor AIO:

Now to come to this very interesting bible verse. This is what you and also the writer of the not-very-interesting article you quoted use to show that God would not condone human sacrifice.
Alas for you, human sacrifice is not mentioned in the text. What you seem to understand as human sacrifice (and many other translators have made this error too so you are in good company) is the line 'to pass through the fire'. However to accept this translation is to betray an ignorance of Canaanite religion, and also other pagan religions the world over.
To Pass over the fire was means, quite literally, to pass over fire. This was a rite that was done to purify the celebrants. In some parts they jump through a ring of fire or they jump over a bonfire. These practices were usually tied to the solstice celebrations and they are still practiced in Europe and other parts of the middle east till this day. A lot of solstice rites are still practiced within christendom as Christmas celebrations and Midsummer's Eve Celebrations (themed around the birth of St. John the Baptist).
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Midsummer

lets address this one after the other,as you have bolded it,the instruction of GOD to the israelites was that once they have taken control they were forbidden from practicing any of these sort of sacrifices,now irrespective of its origins and the people that practice it the bible which you have quoted copiously from to back your assertions have equally shown that its totally against human sacrifice that is the buttom line now i would like you to justify the article i posted n the other comment about the violated 5 yrs old girl and then generally justify and rationalise the human sacrifice indulged in as a form of idol worship which you have failed to do.
both you and tudor in trying to ease out of a difficult situation find it easier to attack christianity rather than explain,rationalise and justify the sacrifice of human beings that is the crux of this whole argument and i dont see anyone rising to it.
we have gone a couple of pages talking about christianity and the old testament when the idol worshippers and their insatiable bloodshed should be the one in the defensive not attacking
Re: Good Occult Fraternities by PastorAIO: 6:57am On May 24, 2011
GODSON2009:

its not about the creative intelligence of the reader,its about getting the essence the exegesis like i have stated before and the purpose,if you have noticed the bible is like layes upon laters of interwoven incidents,you simply cannot pick out an incident and then talk about it independently of the supporting verses.

What is an exegesis, is it not an interpretation? If I recall it is you that advised me to read verse 16 independently of verse 15.

GODSON2009:

i never said that GOD did not accept burn offerings,in fact examples abound in the old testament where burn offering was offered unto him either to appease him or to ask for favours.
the city being burnt contains properties of the inhabitants,if you check the bible other exampes abound where the israelites are told to burn everything without taking any "booty" king saul actually lost his kingdom because he disobeyed GOD not to take anything i.e booty from a vanquished enemyyes,that is what i believe actually its not a red herring and even though the bible did not categorically state what that jephtah did at the end of that chapter,we could look at another incident of similar situation in the bible and rationally deduce.
example where similar happened samuels's mother made a vow to GOD that any child she gets will be dedicated to GOD fore ever he was not killed or slaughtered.

I never said that you said that God did not accept burnt offerings. I hope you are not hallucinating. Please it would help if you just stuck to what I said and leave your imagination out of this.

The City being burnt contained properites of the inhabitants, ba? What about the inhabitants? Are you going to tell me that they were carefully removed from the city and given a decent burial before the rest of the city was offered up as burnt offering?

The story of King Saul and his failure to totally destroy the 'amalekites' (I think it was the amalekites, I can't remember off hand) has no bearing on what we are talking about now. At least in that case he wasn't told to burn them up as a burnt offering to the Lord.

But what I find most shocking and demonstrates that you hallucinate is when you say that the bible did not categorically state what Jepthah did at the end of that chapter.

30Jephthah made a vow to the LORD and said, “If You will indeed give the sons of Ammon into my hand, 31then it shall be that whatever comes out of the doors of my house to meet me when I return in peace from the sons of Ammon, it shall be the LORD’S, and I will offer it up as a burnt offering.”

34When Jephthah came to his house at Mizpah, behold, his daughter was coming out to meet him with tambourines and with dancing.

39At the end of two months she returned to her father, who did to her according to the vow which he had made;

The bible explicitly states that Jephthah did to her according to the vow. The bible also explicitly states that the vow is to offer her as a burnt offering to the Lord.

Samuel's mother[b] did not[/b] offer Samuel up to God as a burnt offering. She offered to dedicate his life to God and that is what she did with Samuel, she brought him to the temple to serve God. This is a totally different case from Jephthah and his daughter and you are just struggling to connect the two out of desperation.

there is no where that GOD will demand for a human sacrifice,and i added the link and short recital to show an enlightened explanation from someone who was more knowledgeable than i am concerning that incident

You forget the tale of Abraham and Isaac, where he bound Isaac to be sacrificed. Did God not demand it?

and i will state for the umpteenth time that the vow was to give the daughter unto a lifetime of service to GOD sort of like a nun,if you traverse the length and breath of different religious persuations like seventh day adventists,jehovah's witness others this is what they all believe and subscribe to.since you are not a christian you cannot know about my religion more than i do by applying literal meanings,its like when jesus said he will demolish the temple and build it back in 3 days, fair enough?
And I will state for the umpteenth time that you are deluded if you read the passage and came to that conclusion. Even if you add the Moonies, and the Hare Krishnas to your seventh day adventists and Jehovah's witnesses to support the nonsense claim that a promise to make a burnt offering was fulfilled by sending her to a nunnery, that doesn't change the facts of what the passage says.

since you are not a christian you cannot know about my religion more than i do by applying literal meanings,its like when jesus said he will demolish the temple and build it back in 3 days, fair enough?
Hey stop there!! you should say that I am not the kind of christian that you are. But you cannot claim total monopoly of christianity. Of course I cannot know your christianity more than you do. Afterall you make it up as you go along, there is no way that I can catch up with your innovations. However if it is literal meanings of the Bible that you don't like then you will have to explain to me what the criteria are for when to take the bible literally and when not to.
I don't see what Jesus had to say about building the temple in 3 days after it is destroyed has got to do with what we are talking about.

lets address this one after the other,as you have bolded it,the instruction of GOD to the israelites was that once they have taken control they were forbidden from practicing any of these sort of sacrifices,now irrespective of its origins and the people that practice it the bible which you have quoted copiously from to back your assertions have equally shown that its totally against human sacrifice that is the buttom line now i would like you to justify the article i posted n the other comment about the violated 5 yrs old girl and then generally justify and rationalise the human sacrifice indulged in as a form of idol worship which you have failed to do.
both you and tudor in trying to ease out of a difficult situation find it easier to attack christianity rather than explain,rationalise and justify the sacrifice of human beings that is the crux of this whole argument and i dont see anyone rising to it.

I find it difficult to follow your grammar above. All I demonstrated to you was that the rite of passing through fire has nothing to do with human sacrifice, though you (and many others) have tried to force it to mean that. There is nobody on this thread (as far as I am aware) who is condoning human sacrifice. If your beef is against people who perform human sacrifice then we are on the same side. I thought that you were making claims that there was no human sacrifice in the bible, or the Jehovah did not permit the wholesale slaughter, genocide actually, of vast hosts of people, some of them sacrificially.
Re: Good Occult Fraternities by PastorAIO: 4:32pm On May 24, 2011
I found an interesting essay on the subject. It doesn't tally with my position but it is interesting all the same. I am also going to post a response to the essay that I thought was quite interesting too.

Human Sacrifice in Ancient Canaan
There is little doubt that many ancient Canaanite religions called for child sacrifice. The rites of both Chemosh of the Moabites and Molech of the Ammonites appear to have called for sacrifices by “passing through the fire.” This is generally understood to mean sacrifice by burning the victim to death.

Pretty gruesome and often offered by Apologists as a justification for the genocide the early Israelites were instructed by God to carry out on the Canaanite tribes. The more secular idea of refugees from civilized Egypt entering Canaan and being horrified by the practice works as an explanation too.

There’s only one problem. If the kingdoms of Israel and Judah actually emerged from the indigenous nomads of the highlands as Finkelstein and others propose, then there was no exodus from Egypt and there is no reason to assume the early Hebrew religious practices would be all that distinct from the surrounding cultures. One would expect to find that the early Israelites practiced child sacrifice as well as their neighbors. The question is whether, as we are led to believe by most interpretations, this was the result of the Israelites becoming enamored of foreign gods and adopting their rites or it was the result of internal priestly disagreements related to the proper worship of the Hebrew God himself. In other words, did early Israelites perform child sacrifices to YHWH as their neighbors did to Chemosh and Molech?

Exodus hints at the practice by talking about “redeeming” each first born male. In Kings, the Kings of Israel are repeatedly condemned for performing child sacrifice.

Exodus 13:2 Consecrate to me every firstborn male. The first offspring of every womb among the Israelites belongs to me, whether man or animal.

Rather a suggestive paragraph wouldn’t you say?

Exodus 13:13 Redeem with a lamb every firstborn donkey, but if you do not redeem it, break its neck. Redeem every firstborn among your sons.

I guess one could “redeem” a child the same way a donkey is redeemed, with a substitute lamb, but it’s interesting that it doesn’t specifically say that isn’t it? Then again, according to Numbers, it simply costs 5 shekels to redeem each firstborn son.

Exodus 13:14 In days to come, when your son asks you, 'What does this mean?' say to him, 'With a mighty hand the LORD brought us out of Egypt, out of the land of slavery. 15 When Pharaoh stubbornly refused to let us go, the LORD killed every firstborn in Egypt, both man and animal. This is why I sacrifice to the LORD the first male offspring of every womb and redeem each of my firstborn sons.'

Most Apologists would point out that either these paragraphs simply refer to dedicating the first born male to the service of God or that they refer to redeeming the first born with lamb’s blood as was done on the first Passover.

I don’t find the first explanation terribly compelling. Dedicated to God’s service in order to do what? The Levites were the priestly class weren’t they? If this was simply a call to dedicate the first born male to the service of God, then how come the practice isn’t referred to and expanded upon elsewhere?

The second explanation sounds much more likely and first born children would be redeemed with a substitute animal sacrifice. I wonder what happened if the family didn’t have an animal to substitute?

2 Kings 16:3 He (Ahaz) walked in the ways of the kings of Israel and even sacrificed his son in the fire, following the detestable ways of the nations the LORD had driven out before the Israelites.

2 Kings 17:17 They (the Israelites) sacrificed their sons and daughters in the fire.

The kings of Judah come in for similar criticism in this regard including Solomon.

1 Kings 11: 7 On a hill east of Jerusalem, Solomon built a high place for Chemosh the detestable god of Moab, and for Molech the detestable god of the Ammonites. 8 He did the same for all his foreign wives, who burned incense and offered sacrifices to their gods.

King Hezekiah and then Josiah, the guy with the white hat according to the Deuteronomistic History, take serious steps to put a stop to this practice. Unfortunately, their actions appear to get undone by the kings that follow them.

2 Kings 23:10 He (King Josiah) desecrated Topheth, which was in the Valley of Ben Hinnom, so no one could use it to sacrifice his son or daughter in the fire to Molech.

Josiah was not a man to trifle with. Undoubtedly cheered on by Jeremiah, he ripped down all the altars dedicated by past kings to foreign gods.

2 Kings 23:12 He pulled down the altars the kings of Judah had erected on the roof near the upper room of Ahaz, and the altars Manasseh had built in the two courts of the temple of the LORD. He removed them from there, smashed them to pieces and threw the rubble into the Kidron Valley. 13 The king also desecrated the high places that were east of Jerusalem on the south of the Hill of Corruption—the ones Solomon king of Israel had built for Ashtoreth the vile goddess of the Sidonians, for Chemosh the vile god of Moab, and for Molech the detestable god of the people of Ammon.

It sounds like the priests came off even worse than the altars.

2 Kings 23:20 Josiah slaughtered all the priests of those high places.

Josiah re-organizes how the Passover is celebrated.

2 Kings 23:21 The king gave this order to all the people: "Celebrate the Passover to the LORD your God, as it is written in this Book of the Covenant."

And what is this “Book of the Covenant?” Why it’s the book of laws fortuitously located by the High Priest Hilkiah in the Temple at Jerusalem. I say fortuitously because the book:

- Explained what the Israelites had been doing wrong and that got God all ticked off at them.
- Explained how to improve the situation.
- Established Judah’s ancient claim to the lands of the defunct northern kingdom of Israel

The book is of course Deuteronomy and the following historical books or at least the initial version of the histories. I find it a little strange that Josiah and company felt compelled to specify the Passover celebration.

Deuteronomy 16:2 Sacrifice as the Passover to the LORD your God an animal from your flock or herd at the place the LORD will choose as a dwelling for his Name.

The place is Jerusalem which pretty much puts the Kingdom of Judah, and Josiah himself, in the driver’s seat. It also guarantees that the Levite priests of Jerusalem would be the beneficiaries of the sacrifices.

Deuteronomy 6:20 In the future, when your son asks you, "What is the meaning of the stipulations, decrees and laws the LORD our God has commanded you?" 21 tell him: "We were slaves of Pharaoh in Egypt, but the LORD brought us out of Egypt with a mighty hand.”

Note the absence of any references to sacrificing the first male offspring, redeeming the first male or any references to the death of the first born of Egypt here as opposed to Exodus 13.

Josiah, Deuteronomy and the supporting histories make it pretty darn clear that human sacrifice will not be tolerated nor will any other rites associated with foreign gods. If Josiah was the driving force behind Deuteronomy, or even if he simply acquiesced to something being touted by Hilkiah and his son Jeremiah, the legal and religious reform that he brought about deserves to be considered one of the greatest influences on the western world and King Josiah deserves to be considered one of history’s greatest law givers up there with Hammurabi, Moses, and Solon.

Unfortunately, Josiah makes the mistake of stepping in front of an Egyptian arrow and it’s unlikely that he managed to fully root out the practice since both Jeremiah and Ezekiel have a few words to say about the topic as well.

Jeremiah 7:31 They have built the high places of Topheth in the Valley of Ben Hinnom to burn their sons and daughters in the fire—something I did not command, nor did it enter my mind.

I find it interesting that God has to specifically state that child sacrifice was “something I did not command” as late as the time of Jeremiah in the 7th century BCE.

Ezekiel 20:25 I also gave them (the Israelites) over to statutes that were not good and laws they could not live by; 26 I let them become defiled through their gifts—the sacrifice of every firstborn —that I might fill them with horror so they would know that I am the LORD.'

This is another one of those “suggestive passages.” One can spin it a number of ways but one has to wonder about paragraph 26 and exactly what is implied by God letting them become defiled through the sacrifice of every firstborn and why this would fill them with horror?

Ezekiel 20:31 When you offer your gifts—the sacrifice of your sons in the fire—you continue to defile yourselves with all your idols to this day.

This sort of implies that the practice was still going on around the time of the exile.

What I have never been able to understand is why so many of the kings of ancient Israel and Judah, at least according to the prevailing Biblical interpretation, fell into the habit of worshipping foreign gods. It seems like a pretty dumb thing to do. The cycle is obvious. The people fall into idolatry, God beats them over the head because of it, the people repent, God forgives them and restores their blessings and then the idiots immediately fall back into idolatry.

One has to suspect that this is the result of the cycle of success and failure that all nations and cultures experience. However, it usually takes something pretty major to turn a people away from their god. The first reaction is usually that the god is angry for some reason and needs to be appeased. This leads either directly to increased sacrifices or, if there is an ongoing debate between factions of the priesthood, a swing in which faction has the upper hand.

There certainly appears to have historically been some friction between the northern priesthood centered at Shiloh and the southern priesthood centered at Jerusalem. Allow me to speculate that the northern faction, in a more hospitable and more densely populated environment with more aggressive local neighbors, held to what they believed were the “old ways” which included the same child sacrifice as the other tribal religions, while the southern faction, in a much more sparsely populated environment, held the opinion that such rites were a perversion of the true worship of YHWH.

Since the north was the more powerful of the two kingdoms, its influence would tend to prevail and its theology would tend to dominate. After the fall of the northern kingdom, that influence would begin to wane but it would take a good while for it to disappear completely. If for no other reason than the strength of tradition, it might still hold sway unless strong liberal kings, like Hezekiah and Josiah, were on the throne of Judah.

I find it suggestive that the first great reform, that of Hezekiah, occurs right about the time of the fall of the northern kingdom. I also find it interesting that both reforms occurred during the period of influence of a great prophet. Isaiah was a contemporary of Hezekiah and Jeremiah was a contemporary of Josiah.

Upon the death of Hezekiah, Manasseh ascends to the throne of Judah. It’s a dangerous time. The northern kingdom has fallen and the king of Assyria is applying considerable pressure on Judah having even besieged Jerusalem during Hezekiah’s reign. Perhaps looking for a reversal of fortune, Manasseh undoes the reforms of Hezekiah.

2 Chronicle 33:2 He (Manasseh) did evil in the eyes of the LORD, following the detestable practices of the nations the LORD had driven out before the Israelites. 3 He rebuilt the high places his father Hezekiah had demolished.

2 Chronicles 33:6 He (Manasseh) sacrificed his sons in the fire in the Valley of Ben Hinnom, practiced sorcery, divination and witchcraft, and consulted mediums and spiritists. He did much evil in the eyes of the LORD, provoking him to anger.

As noted above, rather than appease God, Manasseh ticked him off to no end. To teach Manasseh a lesson, God let the Assyrians clean his clock.

2 Chronicles 33:11 So the LORD brought against them the army commanders of the king of Assyria, who took Manasseh prisoner, put a hook in his nose, bound him with bronze shackles and took him to Babylon. 12 In his distress he sought the favor of the LORD his God and humbled himself greatly before the God of his fathers.

Not exactly what the Prophet Isaiah had in mind when he prophesized:

Isaiah 30:31 The voice of the LORD will shatter Assyria; with his scepter he will strike them down. 32 Every stroke the LORD lays on them with his punishing rod will be to the music of tambourines and harps, as he fights them in battle with the blows of his arm. 33 Topheth has long been prepared; it has been made ready for the king. Its fire pit has been made deep and wide, with an abundance of fire and wood; the breath of the LORD, like a stream of burning sulfur, sets it ablaze.

So Isaiah envisions that the King of Assyria will be burned in the pit of Topheth just as all the child sacrifices to false gods? Then why is the fire in the pit started by “the breath of the LORD?”

At least according to Chronicles, Manasseh sees the light and turns back to God. Strangely, Kings is silent about this change of heart.

2 Chronicles 33:15 He got rid of the foreign gods and removed the image from the temple of the LORD, as well as all the altars he had built on the temple hill and in Jerusalem; and he threw them out of the city. 16 Then he restored the altar of the LORD and sacrificed fellowship offerings and thank offerings on it, and told Judah to serve the LORD, the God of Israel. 17 The people, however, continued to sacrifice at the high places, but only to the LORD their God.

Let’s consider paragraph 17. “The people, however, continued to sacrifice at the high places, but only to the LORD their God.”

What the hell does this mean? The “high places” were the places where child sacrifice to the foreign gods took place. This passage can easily be interpreted to mean that while the sacrifices remained the same, they were now only directed toward the god of Israel while in the past they had been directed toward multiple deities including the god of Israel (note that I use a small “g” because I can’t possibly be talking about God here).

I might even argue that is the simplest interpretation. Any other interpretation requires reading into the passage a change in the manner of sacrifice as well.

As for Isaiah, Jewish tradition has it that he was executed by Manasseh by being cut in half with a wooden saw. I guess Manasseh was unamused that he got a hook through his nose rather than the Assyrian monarch getting fried in a fiery pit. Manasseh reigned for fifty-five years! His successor, Amon, was assassinated after only two years.

2 Chronicles 33:22 He (Amon) did what was evil in the LORD's sight, just as his father Manasseh had done. He worshiped and sacrificed to all the idols his father had made. 23 But unlike his father, he did not humble himself before the LORD. Instead, Amon sinned even more.

Very strange isn’t it? Manasseh sees the light after getting a hook shoved into his nose but Amon doesn’t learn anything from that. I might also point out that the passage sort of implies that sacrificing to idols is ok as long as you humble yourself before the LORD.

2 Chronicle 33:24 At last Amon's own officials plotted against him and assassinated him in his palace. 25 But the people of the land killed all those who had conspired against King Amon, and they made his son Josiah the next king.

This sure sounds like another event in an ongoing internecine struggle. This time it’s a failed palace coup.

Josiah ascends the throne next at the tender age of eight and doesn’t begin his reforms until twelve years later. Coincidentally, Jeremiah gets his first person to person call from God in the thirteenth year of Josiah’s reign.

The untimely death of Josiah and Judah getting caught between the millstones of Egypt and Babylon sort of pushes the theological struggle into the background but it’s the Babylonian exile which finally appears to settle the question.

Historically child sacrifice in Canaan seems to have continued in some places until the Romans took measures to stamp it out once and for all in the 1st century CE! It took the empire to succeed despite the fact that both the Greeks and the Jews, after the Babylonian exile, abhorred the practice.

The traditional understanding is that the people were constantly being seduced into worshipping false gods and performing their abominable acts. I suspect that it was a little more complicated than that. I suspect that early on there was some disagreement over whether the God of Israel required such sacrifices as well.

I suspect that the priestly faction of the northern kingdom insisted that such sacrifices were right and proper and based this argument upon a distorted interpretation of the book of Exodus. If you learn nothing else young Padawan learn this, NEVER entrust a priest, or anyone else that calls himself a “man of God,” with the authority to make decisions related to law or justice. Feel free to use them as moral advisors if you must, but leave the authority, in the hands of secular leaders.

Not until the fall of the northern kingdom does a minority southern viewpoint, which holds child sacrifice an abomination of false gods, begin to replace the distorted northern view. Not until Josiah produces the Book of Deuteronomy, which clearly refutes child sacrifice by providing an alternate set of rules, is there a book of Moses that supports the southern viewpoint, but, as indicated by Ezekiel, it still takes a hundred years or so for the conflict to finally be resolved. Perhaps the practice was finally abandoned at the insistence of the Babylonians who, despite the sexual myths recorded by Herodotus, seem to have practiced a reasonably high morality as free of human sacrifice as the Egyptians.

Yes, yes, it’s all speculation and undoubtedly being driven by my ignorance and lack of understanding. Actually it’s being driven by my philosophy of “accept nothing without questioning everything.”

Clearly my suspicions and ramblings are totally meaningless since there is no way to verify them one way or the other. This is merely an exercise in cherry picking passages and twisting the interpretation to fit some pre-defined conclusion. But isn’t this basically what all biblical interpretation consists of?

I find amusing the position that the Bible is simple to understand except when it appears to say something uncomfortable. Then one needs years of training in biblical interpretation and exegesis in order to understand what it REALLY means.

I’m certainly not saying that I believe child sacrifice was a part of the early worship of the Israelite God. I’m well enough trained to be able to consider an idea that I don’t accept. There are a few that do accept it however starting with the anthropologist Patrick Tierney.

I find it interesting that I only encountered Tierney AFTER I wrote the first drafts of the above speculation. While I thought Isaiah would have been supporting Hezekiah’s initial attempt at reform, Tierney believes the passages from Isaiah 30:31-33 are an acceptance of the sacrificial practices. I’m not so sure. I think Isaiah was speaking metaphorically and cheered on Hezekiah all the way. Perhaps that was another reason Manasseh decided to shorten his existence.

I’ve found some Apologetics on this topic but not much. No one tries to refute the idea since the overwhelmingly majority interpretation of the scriptures is that they are referring to the repeated descent into idolatry and the worship of false gods. Doesn’t God, when he stops Abraham from sacrificing Isaac, make it clear that he abhors human sacrifice?

Well, not really. You could interpret it that way, and lots of folks do, but God never actually says that. Well then surely when God stopped Jephthah from sacrificing his daughter he makes it clear then. Oh wait, God didn’t stop Jephthah did he? Nope, not one word of protest. As a matter of fact, if you think about it, Jephthah’s oath in Judges 11:31 “whatever comes out of the door of my house to meet me when I return in triumph from the Ammonites will be the LORD's, and I will sacrifice it as a burnt offering” sort of has built into it the possibility that it could be a person. Jephthah couldn’t have been so stupid that he didn’t realize that could he?

Christianity has the problem that Jesus is fundamentally being pushed as a human sacrifice for the atonement of man’s sins. Most folks don’t raise this point since it tends to be viewed as a terribly offensive suggestion. I did find one Apologetic refutation of the idea though, which went through great pains, primarily by playing fast and loose with some Hebrew bible translations, to establish that it’s only child sacrifice that the bible condemns! And he was quite content that he had addressed the issue. What an idiot.

Josiah’s Deuteronomy clearly declares human sacrifice an absolute no-no along with a number of other abhorrent practices.

Deuteronomy 18:9 When you enter the land the LORD your God is giving you, do not learn to imitate the detestable ways of the nations there. 10 Let no one be found among you who sacrifices his son or daughter in the fire, who practices divination or sorcery, interprets omens, engages in witchcraft, 11 or casts spells, or who is a medium or spiritist or who consults the dead. 12 Anyone who does these things is detestable to the LORD, and because of these detestable practices the LORD your God will drive out those nations before you.

This means that all the phony mediums and psychics fleecing people by claiming to speak to the dead are performing actions that are “detestable to the LORD.”

As for Jesus as human sacrifice, these laws are given to men. It’s God’s sandbox so I guess he’s not necessarily bound by them. Besides, dying is only a temporary, although awfully painful, inconvenience for a god-man isn’t it?
Posted by Alencon at 4:42 PM

Tony Malone said,

Dear Alencon:
Very interesting and entertaining essay. Please consider these points, if you will (your words are in quotes):

"This is generally understood to mean sacrifice by burning the victim to death."

A more correct statement would be "generally BELIEVED". There's no archaeological support for child sacrifices in the Middle East. And as you point out yourself, the real wording is "pass through the fire". This refers to initiations into secret religious societies, which all wealthy and powerful people's sons go through - societies that were first set up in Egypt, long before Israelite culture existed.
I don't believe human sacrifice ever went on there. It's a misreading of the Old Testament, coupled with mass hysteria, that has created a myth that the Canaanites actually burned up their kids. You know what proof historians offer? The Bible, and their mis-reading of those words! When they look for archaeological proof, the best they can offer is the "topeth" at Carthage (which today would be Morocco), a cemetery with jars that hold infants' bones. But this grave is from 300 BCE, during Roman rule. The Biblical period of concern would be 1200 - 500 BCE. So how do they even relate?
And no one's really sure why the grave or those bones are there. There's no consensus that those children were sacrificed (what if there was a disease that swept the area briefly?). Therefore, there is no archaeological proof that the Canaanites, or anyone in that area at any time, sacrificed their kids.

"I guess one could “redeem” a child the same way a donkey is redeemed, with a substitute lamb, but it’s interesting that it doesn’t specifically say that isn’t it? Then again, according to Numbers, it simply costs 5 shekels to redeem each firstborn son."

The donkey had to be redeemed because it was an unclean animal. Clean animals were the ones that the priests liked to eat. They didn't eat donkeys or camels, but they still expected a sacrifice when your donkey had a baby. So you bring a lamb instead. If you won't bring them a lamb, you have to kill the newborn donkey. God requires a sacrifice of some sort, and the owner doesn't want to kill a useful donkey so it's better to just bring a lamb to the priests.
Then comes the order "Redeem every firstborn male among your sons." The human son HAS to be redeemed. Bring a lamb, no options. You can't kill your kid (it appears that it was the ISRAELITES who thought they should sacrifice their children - they were constantly being told not to).

"I don’t find the first explanation terribly compelling. Dedicated to God’s service in order to do what? The Levites were the priestly class weren’t they? If this was simply a call to dedicate the first born male to the service of God, then how come the practice isn’t referred to and expanded upon elsewhere?"

If we want to believe the Bible for a minute, it was custom in Shiloh to receive children as gifts (Samuel for instance), who could then be trained to do service. They may have been like altar boys and janitors in a modern church, doing various duties that were beneath the priests. Samuel was groomed for the priesthood, so a dedicated human gift could rise up the ranks, too. The Levites seem to have copied this style in Jerusalem, but eventually abolished it and decided that if someone wanted to donate a slave, the slave would be evaluated and then the cash would be taken instead (Leviticus 27:1-8 and see that whole chapter).

"the legal and religious reform that he brought about deserves to be considered one of the greatest influences on the western world and King Josiah deserves to be considered one of history’s greatest law givers up there with Hammurabi, Moses, and Solon."

I tend to think of Josuah as a shill for the blood-thirsty power-obsessed Levites. Destroying everyone else's churches and killing all their priests and forcing your religion and its laws on them is not something I'd congratulate anyone for.
Hinkiah and his "found" book (which he and his friends probably wrote) were a power grab, and a move for religious centralization in Jerusalem.

"exactly what is implied by God letting them become defiled through the sacrifice of every firstborn and why this would fill them with horror?"

In Monotheism proper, all things come from the one god, good or bad. If the Israelites went to other religions and put their sons through the fire, it was because their god let them, and he had a reason. He wanted them to become horrified by what came of their practices. It's a pathetic plea, like saying, "Just wait! You'll see what'll happen!", when it's possible that nothing bad will come at all.

"This sort of implies that the practice was still going on around the time of the exile."

The practice of "passing through the fire" still goes on today in the intitiations for every Egyptian-related secret society.
You know of course that many current world leaders (including at least four generations of the Bush family) are menmbers of Bohemian Grove, where rituals are regularly played out for the god Molech. Mock human sacrifices take place at their festivals.

It is more than likely that Satanic influences have always been present in the world: death cults and other creepy stuff. But I don't suspect that there's ever been a whole people that subscribed to any one religion like this. I believe it has always been as it is today, where there are shadowy cabals of abominable humans roaming around, killing and stealing on scales that the average criminal never even thinks about.

"while the southern faction, in a much more sparsely populated environment, held the opinion that such rites were a perversion of the true worship of YHWH."

Don't forget, when the Israelites went nuts with their own child "sacrifices", they occurred in Ha Gehinnom, the valley south of Jerusalem. The southern territory.
Jeremiah and Ezekiel cursed Jerusalem, and considered the Levite priests evil bastards. There was nothing about the southerners that made them more virtuous than their northern cousins.

"So Isaiah envisions that the King of Assyria will be burned in the pit of Topheth just as all the child sacrifices to false gods? Then why is the fire in the pit started by “the breath of the LORD?”"

Topeth was obviously a place of shrines to various gods, all hated by the Levites. Destruction was in store for them - they would all be smashed and burned when Israel's glory days finally arrived. Isaiah envisions the Assyrian king burning up on one of the altars to his own gods. And it would be YHWH's work, the fiery breath of the Lord having sweet revenge.

"Let’s consider paragraph 17. “The people, however, continued to sacrifice at the high places, but only to the LORD their God.”
What the hell does this mean? The “high places” were the places where child sacrifice to the foreign gods took place. This passage can easily be interpreted to mean that while the sacrifices remained the same, they were now only directed toward the god of Israel while in the past they had been directed toward multiple deities including the god of Israel."

A "high place" was simply an altar where regular public animal sacrifices and rituals went on. There were two high places at the entry gates of Jerusalem (2Kings 23:7).
You could be a king loyal to YHWH,in that he is the one god you worship, while still allowing your subjects to sacrifice to whatever gods they chose. This would be half-acceptable to the Levites. If the king is pro-Levite, they have lots of power over his decisions. But only when they have religious exclusivity can they control the whole population. So all other religions were bad, and it was bad to let the Israelites worship other gods.

"despite the fact that both the Greeks and the Jews, after the Babylonian exile, were abhorred by the practice."

abhorred means: hated. You can say that someone abhorred (hated) a certain practice, but you would not say that the practice abhorred them.

“accept nothing without questioning everything.”

This is a very respectable position. My own philosophy is: Consider everything - believe nothing.

Jephthah's oath and Abraham's preparation to sacrifice Isaac add weight to my thought that it was the Israelites who were into human sacrifice, and who had to be weaned off it.

"This means that all the phony mediums and psychics fleecing people by claiming to speak to the dead are performing actions that are “detestable to the LORD.”"

Actually it means that going to an astrologer, or anyone who might give you advice on which move to make next in your life, is forbidden. Why? Because those things can be self-empowering and make you independent. Certainly they can descend easily into quackery, but the practices have existed throughout all civilization, so they must have some substance to them, and the biggest danger they could pose would be to a ruling priesthood who do all divining and speaking to god, and who want to tell you how to live and tell the army who to kill and tell the king how to think. If you're thinking for yourself and seeking your own answers and making your own decisions, you don't need a priesthood to guide your life.

Thanks Alencon for a great essay - lots of good labour and thought in there. And thanks for making me think about a few things I hadn't noticed. You provided a good challenge.

http://alencon13..com/2006/06/human-sacrifice-in-ancient-canaan.html
Re: Good Occult Fraternities by GODSON2009(m): 1:39am On May 25, 2011
Pastor AIO:

What is an exegesis, is it not an interpretation? If I recall it is you that advised me to read verse 16 independently of verse 15.
an exegesis is like the the history leading to something else therefore what i meant was that it was important to understand what led to different situations/incidents and yes i said for you to read verse 16 independent of 15 in order not to interject your own meanings to it
Pastor AIO:

I never said that you said that God did not accept burnt offerings. I hope you are not hallucinating. Please it would help if you just stuck to what I said and leave your imagination out of this.
dude,i have been civil in my comments with you,and the comments of these sorts dotted all over your retort is irritating ,annoying and sort of a distraction i will enjoin you not to add them to any other replies to me or my next replies wont be this civil to you, replying comments without irritating comments doesnt ake your argument weaker it actually takes away from it, you have been warned
Pastor AIO:

The City being burnt contained properites of the inhabitants, ba? What about the inhabitants? Are you going to tell me that they were carefully removed from the city and given a decent burial before the rest of the city was offered up as burnt offering?
the funny thing about you is that you are not a christian neither do you believe in christianity yet you are stating with so much certainty that GOD was being offered the human remains as part of the burnt offerings or booty.letme ask you one of my own since the thread has totally gone off track if you were the commander of such force and you were given instructions to offer the articles in the town as a burnt offering,what would your initiative be?the question you are asking is that ambiguous isnt it
Pastor AIO:

The story of King Saul and his failure to totally destroy the 'amalekites' (I think it was the amalekites, I can't remember off hand) has no bearing on what we are talking about now. At least in that case he wasn't told to burn them up as a burnt offering to the Lord.
on one of the occassions where he angered GOD,he was told not to take anything out of the town to burn the whole articles but he took livestock so it has a bearing on what we are talking about.you are being really cocky for someone who doesnt believe in the bible nor reads it regularly neither understands it, its like me arguing with so much conviction with a member of the hare krishna movement
Pastor AIO:

But what I find most shocking and demonstrates that you hallucinate is when you say that the bible did not categorically state what Jepthah did at the end of that chapter.
i really dont want this debate to degenerate into name calling like the other one so pls refrain from using words like the bolded AGAIN it is irritating
Pastor AIO:

The bible explicitly states that Jephthah did to her according to the vow. The bible also explicitly states that the vow is to offer her as a burnt offering to the Lord.
true,but nowhere did it say the lord asked him to offer his daughter up as a burnt offering,its like harold camping and his followers blaming GOD for fraudlently taking money of them
Pastor AIO:

Samuel's mother[b] did not[/b] offer Samuel up to God as a burnt offering. She offered to dedicate his life to God and that is what she did with Samuel, she brought him to the temple to serve God. This is a totally different case from Jephthah and his daughter and you are just struggling to connect the two out of desperation.
dude i was giving different instances why do nigerians debate this way?
Pastor AIO:

You forget the tale of Abraham and Isaac, where he bound Isaac to be sacrificed. Did God not demand it?
he did actually but what happened at the end?bearing in mind that he already had an alternative ready
Pastor AIO:

And I will state for the umpteenth time that you are deluded if you read the passage and came to that conclusion. Even if you add the Moonies, and the Hare Krishnas to your seventh day adventists and Jehovah's witnesses to support the nonsense claim that a promise to make a burnt offering was fulfilled by sending her to a nunnery, that doesn't change the facts of what the passage says.
personally for me as an individual what you think of the passage is of no conscequence to me,just saying so we will get things in perspective secondly as a christian that particular passage is of no coscequence to me or my faith for the following reasons
1.GOD did not require human sacrifice from jephtah neither did he command or enjoin him to do anything to his daughter,the only other place i recall in the bible where he expressly demanded for an human sacrifice he already provided an alternative and in the book of deuteronomy 12;31 he expressely forbade the israelites from offering human sacrifice and in chapter 23 he condemns those who commit such acts,as a christian that is good enough for me therefore for the same bible to now include the accounts of jephtah means it was either contradicting itself or that what jephtah did was done independent of GOD,which looking at jephtah's childhood,background and life before he was chosen as a judge could explain why he made such a vow.
going back to the thread which we have veered from the issue is this

*i stated that our african progenys offered human sacrifices which was abhorrent etc in reply you and others stated that i was being an hypocrite because GOD also accepted or was somehow responsibel for human sacrifice.to back up your claims you adduced the book of judges where jephtah made a vow the pertinent question is this

*where did GOD pressure,force,coerce or support jephtah to make such a vow?
*after the daughter came out to meet him,where in the whole chapter did GOD signify acceptance of whatever vow jephtah made?
for good measure,i have shown you two different places in the bible where GOD expressly forbade the israelites from human sacrifice,not only this he condemns those who burnt or made their sons and daughters pass through the fire(the god ashtoreth and baal)
let us start from these questions rather than arguing irrelevance cause its really wearing thin
Pastor AIO:

Hey stop there!! you should say that I am not the kind of christian that you are. But you cannot claim total monopoly of christianity. Of course I cannot know your christianity more than you do. Afterall you make it up as you go along, there is no way that I can catch up with your innovations. However if it is literal meanings of the Bible that you don't like then you will have to explain to me what the criteria are for when to take the bible literally and when not to.
I don't see what Jesus had to say about building the temple in 3 days after it is destroyed has got to do with what we are talking about.
of course not,even pastors,bishops etc can claim a monopoly of christianity whats your point?? all i meant was that it is reasonable to assume that i would understnd the bible more than you will considering the fact that i read it and meditate upon it regularly,i go to church often(every week as a matter of fact) to learn from bible scholars unless i was mistaken in thinking that you are not a christian nor believe in christianity then i stand corrected.
if i was right that you are not a christian and you dont believe in christianity then what are you ranting about??
Pastor AIO:

I find it difficult to follow your grammar above.
did you mean you have difficulty in comprehesion?
Pastor AIO:

All I demonstrated to you was that the rite of passing through fire has nothing to do with human sacrifice, though you (and many others) have tried to force it to mean that.
you have not demonstrated this to me as we have gone off track in the thread about 2 pages ago.passing through fire,offering up first born males,virgins as burnt offerings are all part of the same thing and these practises in the bible were commited in the names of ashoreth,baal and other babylonian gods and i believe these practises resonate with idol worship both amongst africans and parts of south america etc so its not an isolated practise
Pastor AIO:

There is nobody on this thread (as far as I am aware) who is condoning human sacrifice. If your beef is against people who perform human sacrifice then we are on the same side.
this is a relief,well i have not seen any indication contrary to that untill now from other comments.when ppl reply my comments by saying that the gods are justified to murder 1 million people because of the incidents in the bible then that leads me to a conclusion that they are condoning human sacrifice.
Pastor AIO:

I thought that you were making claims that there was no human sacrifice in the bible, or the Jehovah did not permit the wholesale slaughter, genocide actually, of vast hosts of people, some of them sacrificially.
the fact that there are human sacrifices in the bible does not ascribe this to GOD that is my grouse.the instance you have given is basically a man out of his volition who made a vow and then commited himself to that vow how is GOD responsible for that?
*another instance stated was of a situation where 70,000 were killed by the angels for disobedience, not only did the people concerned accept that there were at fault,they actually cried out to the same entityfor forgiveness this is totally different from the situation that brought this debate about.
*the next one was the israelites being told to sack the townand to offer the booty therein as a burnt offering,booty in its dictionary meaning to all intents and purposes does not include human beings.now either the israelites burnt the humans with the booty or not is not the issue here the issue is that GOD did not ask them to sacrifice human beings.
during the times of the old testament,they were times of constant warfare and little diplomacy or dialogue so the israelites could not be singled out for something every single nation indulged in,this also transcends christianity to islam,even to the pre colonial african and beyond etc
besides the bible catalogues several instances,as a book of chronological events does this doesnt mean that it condones the actions

all the instances given above in the bible altogether in my opinion absolutely does not justify
*cold blooded murder of new born and children used for rituals
*cold blooded murder of pregnant women,men being used for money rituals based on what the gods accept
*cold blooded murder of albinos
etc and we both know that is just the start
Re: Good Occult Fraternities by GODSON2009(m): 1:49am On May 25, 2011
Pastor AIO:

I found an interesting essay on the subject. It doesn't tally with my position but it is interesting all the same. I am also going to post a response to the essay that I thought was quite interesting too.

http://alencon13..com/2006/06/human-sacrifice-in-ancient-canaan.html

while i do not claim to be that knowledgeable of a bible scholar,i can certainly point to a few absurdities in the article even at my base understanding of christianity.if you have read the article you posted you will notice that he makes an assumption based on a lose and ambiguous connection he ties to different bible verses for instance how did exodus 13;2 and exodus 13;13 suddenly become the same thing simply based on similar wordings used?
most of the articles are assertions and then rebuttals and then he states why his/her assertion should be right even though they are not adding anything new
Re: Good Occult Fraternities by Rossikk(m): 7:35pm On May 26, 2011
GODSON 2009, I've read all the colonial mentality driven horse manure you've typed so far. Here's what I need to know. Are you able to justify these mass killings in the bible ordered by your imported ''God''?

And please throw away that colonial officer's book of ignorant smears given to you by your dad.

Here goes:

The Jewish ''God'' and his Bloodlust.

1) Capital Punishment Crimes:

Kill People Who Don't Listen to Priests
Anyone arrogant enough to reject the verdict of the judge or of the priest who represents the LORD your God must be put to death. Such evil must be purged from Israel. (Deuteronomy 17:12 NLT)

Kill Witches
You should not let a sorceress live. (Exodus 22:17 NAB)

Kill Homosexuals
"If a man lies with a male as with a women, both of them shall be put to death for their abominable deed; they have forfeited their lives." (Leviticus 20:13 NAB)

Kill Fortunetellers
A man or a woman who acts as a medium or fortuneteller shall be put to death by stoning; they have no one but themselves to blame for their death. (Leviticus 20:27 NAB)

Death for Hitting Dad
Whoever strikes his father or mother shall be put to death. (Exodus 21:15 NAB)

Death for Cursing Parents
1) If one curses his father or mother, his lamp will go out at the coming of darkness. (Proverbs 20:20 NAB)
2) All who curse their father or mother must be put to death. They are guilty of a capital offense. (Leviticus 20:9 NLT)

Death for Adultery
If a man commits adultery with another man's wife, both the man and the woman must be put to death. (Leviticus 20:10 NLT)

Death for Fornication
A priest's daughter who loses her honor by committing fornication and thereby dishonors her father also, shall be burned to death. (Leviticus 21:9 NAB)

Death to Followers of Other Religions
Whoever sacrifices to any god, except the Lord alone, shall be doomed. (Exodus 22:19 NAB)

Kill Nonbelievers
They entered into a covenant to seek the Lord, the God of their fathers, with all their heart and soul; and everyone who would not seek the Lord, the God of Israel, was to be put to death, whether small or great, whether man or woman. (2 Chronicles 15:12-13 NAB)

Kill False Prophets
If a man still prophesies, his parents, father and mother, shall say to him, "You shall not live, because you have spoken a lie in the name of the Lord." When he prophesies, his parents, father and mother, shall thrust him through. (Zechariah 13:3 NAB)

Kill the Entire Town if One Person Worships Another God
Suppose you hear in one of the towns the LORD your God is giving you that some worthless rabble among you have led their fellow citizens astray by encouraging them to worship foreign gods. In such cases, you must examine the facts carefully. If you find it is true and can prove that such a detestable act has occurred among you, you must attack that town and completely destroy all its inhabitants, as well as all the livestock. Then you must pile all the plunder in the middle of the street and burn it. Put the entire town to the torch as a burnt offering to the LORD your God. That town must remain a ruin forever; it may never be rebuilt. Keep none of the plunder that has been set apart for destruction. Then the LORD will turn from his fierce anger and be merciful to you. He will have compassion on you and make you a great nation, just as he solemnly promised your ancestors. "The LORD your God will be merciful only if you obey him and keep all the commands I am giving you today, doing what is pleasing to him." (Deuteronomy 13:13-19 NLT)

Kill Women Who Are Not Virgins On Their Wedding Night
But if this charge is true (that she wasn't a virgin on her wedding night), and evidence of the girls virginity is not found, they shall bring the girl to the entrance of her fathers house and there her townsman shall stone her to death, because she committed a crime against Israel by her unchasteness in her father's house. Thus shall you purge the evil from your midst. (Deuteronomy 22:20-21 NAB)

Kill Followers of Other Religions.
1) If your own full brother, or your son or daughter, or your beloved wife, or you intimate friend, entices you secretly to serve other gods, whom you and your fathers have not known, gods of any other nations, near at hand or far away, from one end of the earth to the other: do not yield to him or listen to him, nor look with pity upon him, to spare or shield him, but kill him. Your hand shall be the first raised to slay him; the rest of the people shall join in with you. You shall stone him to death, because he sought to lead you astray from the Lord, your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, that place of slavery. And all Israel, hearing of this, shall fear and never do such evil as this in your midst. (Deuteronomy 13:7-12 NAB)

2) Suppose a man or woman among you, in one of your towns that the LORD your God is giving you, has done evil in the sight of the LORD your God and has violated the covenant by serving other gods or by worshiping the sun, the moon, or any of the forces of heaven, which I have strictly forbidden. When you hear about it, investigate the matter thoroughly. If it is true that this detestable thing has been done in Israel, then that man or woman must be taken to the gates of the town and stoned to death. (Deuteronomy 17:2-5 NLT)

Death for Blasphemy
One day a man who had an Israelite mother and an Egyptian father got into a fight with one of the Israelite men. During the fight, this son of an Israelite woman blasphemed the LORD's name. So the man was brought to Moses for judgment. His mother's name was Shelomith. She was the daughter of Dibri of the tribe of Dan. They put the man in custody until the LORD's will in the matter should become clear. Then the LORD said to Moses, "Take the blasphemer outside the camp, and tell all those who heard him to lay their hands on his head. Then let the entire community stone him to death. Say to the people of Israel: Those who blaspheme God will suffer the consequences of their guilt and be punished. Anyone who blasphemes the LORD's name must be stoned to death by the whole community of Israel. Any Israelite or foreigner among you who blasphemes the LORD's name will surely die. (Leviticus 24:10-16 NLT)

Kill False Prophets
1) Suppose there are prophets among you, or those who have dreams about the future, and they promise you signs or miracles, and the predicted signs or miracles take place. If the prophets then say, 'Come, let us worship the gods of foreign nations,' do not listen to them. The LORD your God is testing you to see if you love him with all your heart and soul. Serve only the LORD your God and fear him alone. Obey his commands, listen to his voice, and cling to him. The false prophets or dreamers who try to lead you astray must be put to death, for they encourage rebellion against the LORD your God, who brought you out of slavery in the land of Egypt. Since they try to keep you from following the LORD your God, you must execute them to remove the evil from among you. (Deuteronomy 13:1-5 NLT)

2) But any prophet who claims to give a message from another god or who falsely claims to speak for me must die.' You may wonder, 'How will we know whether the prophecy is from the LORD or not?' If the prophet predicts something in the LORD's name and it does not happen, the LORD did not give the message. That prophet has spoken on his own and need not be feared. (Deuteronomy 18:20-22 NLT)

Infidels and Gays Should Die
So God let them go ahead and do whatever shameful things their hearts desired. As a result, they did vile and degrading things with each other's bodies. Instead of believing what they knew was the truth about God, they deliberately chose to believe lies. So they worshiped the things God made but not the Creator himself, who is to be praised forever. Amen. That is why God abandoned them to their shameful desires. Even the women turned against the natural way to have sex and instead indulged in sex with each other. And the men, instead of having normal sexual relationships with women, burned with lust for each other. Men did shameful things with other men and, as a result, suffered within themselves the penalty they so richly deserved. When they refused to acknowledge God, he abandoned them to their evil minds and let them do things that should never be done. Their lives became full of every kind of wickedness, sin, greed, hate, envy, murder, fighting, deception, malicious behavior, and gossip. They are backstabbers, haters of God, insolent, proud, and boastful. They are forever inventing new ways of sinning and are disobedient to their parents. They refuse to understand, break their promises, and are heartless and unforgiving. They are fully aware of God's death penalty for those who do these things, yet they go right ahead and do them anyway. And, worse yet, they encourage others to do them, too. (Romans 1:24-32 NLT)

Kill Anyone who Approaches the Tabernacle
For the LORD had said to Moses, 'Exempt the tribe of Levi from the census; do not include them when you count the rest of the Israelites. You must put the Levites in charge of the Tabernacle of the Covenant, along with its furnishings and equipment. They must carry the Tabernacle and its equipment as you travel, and they must care for it and camp around it. Whenever the Tabernacle is moved, the Levites will take it down and set it up again. Anyone else who goes too near the Tabernacle will be executed.' (Numbers 1:48-51 NLT)

Kill People for Working on the Sabbath
The LORD then gave these further instructions to Moses: 'Tell the people of Israel to keep my Sabbath day, for the Sabbath is a sign of the covenant between me and you forever. It helps you to remember that I am the LORD, who makes you holy. Yes, keep the Sabbath day, for it is holy. Anyone who desecrates it must die; anyone who works on that day will be cut off from the community. Work six days only, but the seventh day must be a day of total rest. I repeat: Because the LORD considers it a holy day, anyone who works on the Sabbath must be put to death.' (Exodus 31:12-15 NLT)

Kill Brats
From there Elisha went up to Bethel. While he was on his way, some small boys came out of the city and jeered at him. "Go up baldhead," they shouted, "go up baldhead!" The prophet turned and saw them, and he cursed them in the name of the Lord. Then two shebears came out of the woods and tore forty two of the children to pieces. (2 Kings 2:23-24 NAB)

''God'' Kills the Curious
And he smote of the men of Beth-shemesh, because they had looked into the ark of Jehovah, he smote of the people seventy men, `and' fifty thousand men; and the people mourned, because Jehovah had smitten the people with a great slaughter. And the men of Beth-shemesh said, Who is able to stand before Jehovah, this holy God? and to whom shall he go up from us? (1Samuel 6:19-20 ASV)

Killed by a Lion
Meanwhile, the LORD instructed one of the group of prophets to say to another man, "Strike me!" But the man refused to strike the prophet. Then the prophet told him, "Because you have not obeyed the voice of the LORD, a lion will kill you as soon as you leave me." And sure enough, when he had gone, a lion attacked and killed him. (1 Kings 20:35-36 NLT)

Killing the Good Samaritan
The ark of God was placed on a new cart and taken away from the house of Abinadab on the hill. Uzzah and Ahio, sons of Abinadab guided the cart, with Ahio walking before it, while David and all the Israelites made merry before the Lord with all their strength, with singing and with citharas, harps, tambourines, sistrums, and cymbals.
When they came to the threshing floor of Nodan, Uzzah reached out his hand to the ark of God to steady it, for the oxen were making it tip. But the Lord was angry with Uzzah; God struck him on that spot, and he died there before God. (2 Samuel 6:3-7 NAB)

3) Murdering Children

Kill Sons of Sinners
Make ready to slaughter his sons for the guilt of their fathers; Lest they rise and posses the earth, and fill the breadth of the world with tyrants. (Isaiah 14:21 NAB)

''God'' Will Kill Children
The glory of Israel will fly away like a bird, for your children will die at birth or perish in the womb or never even be conceived. Even if your children do survive to grow up, I will take them from you. It will be a terrible day when I turn away and leave you alone. I have watched Israel become as beautiful and pleasant as Tyre. But now Israel will bring out her children to be slaughtered." O LORD, what should I request for your people? I will ask for wombs that don't give birth and breasts that give no milk. The LORD says, "All their wickedness began at Gilgal; there I began to hate them. I will drive them from my land because of their evil actions. I will love them no more because all their leaders are rebels. The people of Israel are stricken. Their roots are dried up; they will bear no more fruit. And if they give birth, I will slaughter their beloved children." (Hosea 9:11-16 NLT)

Kill Men, Women, and Children
"Then I heard the LORD say to the other men, "Follow him through the city and kill everyone whose forehead is not marked. Show no mercy; have no pity! Kill them all – old and young, girls and women and little children. But do not touch anyone with the mark. Begin your task right here at the Temple." So they began by killing the seventy leaders. "Defile the Temple!" the LORD commanded. "Fill its courtyards with the bodies of those you kill! Go!" So they went throughout the city and did as they were told." (Ezekiel 9:5-7 NLT)

''God'' Kills all the First Born of Egypt
And at midnight the LORD killed all the firstborn sons in the land of Egypt, from the firstborn son of Pharaoh, who sat on the throne, to the firstborn son of the captive in the dungeon. Even the firstborn of their livestock were killed. Pharaoh and his officials and all the people of Egypt woke up during the night, and loud wailing was heard throughout the land of Egypt. There was not a single house where someone had not died. (Exodus 12:29-30 NLT)

Kill Old Men and Young Women
"You are my battle-ax and sword," says the LORD. "With you I will shatter nations and destroy many kingdoms. With you I will shatter armies, destroying the horse and rider, the chariot and charioteer. With you I will shatter men and women, old people and children, young men and maidens. With you I will shatter shepherds and flocks, farmers and oxen, captains and rulers. "As you watch, I will repay Babylon and the people of Babylonia for all the wrong they have done to my people in Jerusalem," says the LORD. "Look, O mighty mountain, destroyer of the earth! I am your enemy," says the LORD. "I will raise my fist against you, to roll you down from the heights. When I am finished, you will be nothing but a heap of rubble. You will be desolate forever. Even your stones will never again be used for building. You will be completely wiped out," says the LORD. (Jeremiah 51:20-26)
(Note that after ''God'' promises the Israelites a victory against Babylon, the Israelites actually get their butts kicked by them in the next chapter. So much for an all-knowing and all-powerful God.)

''God'' Will Kill the Children of Sinners
If even then you remain hostile toward me and refuse to obey, I will inflict you with seven more disasters for your sins. I will release wild animals that will kill your children and destroy your cattle, so your numbers will dwindle and your roads will be deserted. (Leviticus 26:21-22 NLT)

More Rape and Baby Killing
Anyone who is captured will be run through with a sword. Their little children will be dashed to death right before their eyes. Their homes will be sacked and their wives raped by the attacking hordes. For I will stir up the Medes against Babylon, and no amount of silver or gold will buy them off. The attacking armies will shoot down the young people with arrows. They will have no mercy on helpless babies and will show no compassion for the children. (Isaiah 13:15-18 NLT)

4) Miscellaneous Murders

More of Samson's Murders
(The Lord saves Sampson from standing trial for 30 murders and arson by allowing him to kill 1000 more men.) When he reached Lehi, and the Philistines came shouting to meet him, the spirit of the Lord came upon him: the ropes around his arms become as flax that is consumed by fire and the bonds melted away from his hands. Near him was the fresh jawbone of an ass; he reached out, grasped it, and with it killed a thousand men. (Judges 15:14-15 NAB)

Peter Kills Two People
There was also a man named Ananias who, with his wife, Sapphira, sold some property. He brought part of the money to the apostles, but he claimed it was the full amount. His wife had agreed to this deception. Then Peter said, "Ananias, why has Satan filled your heart? You lied to the Holy Spirit, and you kept some of the money for yourself. The property was yours to sell or not sell, as you wished. And after selling it, the money was yours to give away. How could you do a thing like this? You weren't lying to us but to God." As soon as Ananias heard these words, he fell to the floor and died. Everyone who heard about it was terrified. Then some young men wrapped him in a sheet and took him out and buried him. About three hours later his wife came in, not knowing what had happened. Peter asked her, "Was this the price you and your husband received for your land?" "Yes," she replied, "that was the price." And Peter said, "How could the two of you even think of doing a thing like this – conspiring together to test the Spirit of the Lord? Just outside that door are the young men who buried your husband, and they will carry you out, too." Instantly, she fell to the floor and died. When the young men came in and saw that she was dead, they carried her out and buried her beside her husband. Great fear gripped the entire church and all others who heard what had happened. (Acts 5:1-11 NLT)

Mass Murder
This is what the Lord of hosts has to say: 'I will punish what Amalek did to Israel when he barred his way as he was coming up from Egypt. Go, now, attack Amalek, and deal with him and all that he has under the ban. Do not spare him, but kill men and women, children and infants, oxen and sheep, camels and asses.' (1 Samuel 15:2-3 NAB)

You Have to Kill
Cursed be he who does the Lords work remissly, cursed he who holds back his sword from blood. (Jeremiah 48:10 NAB)

The Danites Kill the Next Town
But the territory of the Danites was too small for them; so the Danites marched up and attacked Leshem, which they captured and put to the sword. Once they had taken possession of Lesham, they renamed the settlement after their ancestor Dan. (Joshua 19:47 NAB)

''God'' Kills Some More
Then the LORD said to me, "Even if Moses and Samuel stood before me pleading for these people, I wouldn't help them. Away with them! Get them out of my sight! And if they say to you, 'But where can we go?' tell them, 'This is what the LORD says: Those who are destined for death, to death; those who are destined for war, to war; those who are destined for famine, to famine; those who are destined for captivity, to captivity.' "I will send four kinds of destroyers against them," says the LORD. "I will send the sword to kill, the dogs to drag away, the vultures to devour, and the wild animals to finish up what is left. Because of the wicked things Manasseh son of Hezekiah, king of Judah, did in Jerusalem, I will make my people an object of horror to all the kingdoms of the earth." (Jeremiah 15:1-4 NLT)

''God'' Promises More Killing
I will make Mount Seir utterly desolate, killing off all who try to escape and any who return. I will fill your mountains with the dead. Your hills, your valleys, and your streams will be filled with people slaughtered by the sword. I will make you desolate forever. Your cities will never be rebuilt. Then you will know that I am the LORD. (Ezekiel 35:7-9 NLT)

The Angel of Death
My angel will go before you and bring you to the Amorites, Hittites, Perizzites, Canaanites, Hivites, and Jebusites; and I will wipe them out. (Exodus 23:23 NAB)

Destruction of Ai
Then the LORD said to Joshua, "Do not be afraid or discouraged. Take the entire army and attack Ai, for I have given to you the king of Ai, his people, his city, and his land. You will destroy them as you destroyed Jericho and its king. But this time you may keep the captured goods and the cattle for yourselves. Set an ambush behind the city." So Joshua and the army of Israel set out to attack Ai. Joshua chose thirty thousand fighting men and sent them out at night with these orders: "Hide in ambush close behind the city and be ready for action. When our main army attacks, the men of Ai will come out to fight as they did before, and we will run away from them. We will let them chase us until they have all left the city. For they will say, 'The Israelites are running away from us as they did before.' Then you will jump up from your ambush and take possession of the city, for the LORD your God will give it to you. Set the city on fire, as the LORD has commanded. You have your orders." So they left that night and lay in ambush between Bethel and the west side of Ai. But Joshua remained among the people in the camp that night.
Early the next morning Joshua roused his men and started toward Ai, accompanied by the leaders of Israel. They camped on the north side of Ai, with a valley between them and the city. That night Joshua sent five thousand men to lie in ambush between Bethel and Ai, on the west side of the city. So they stationed the main army north of the city and the ambush west of the city. Joshua himself spent that night in the valley. When the king of Ai saw the Israelites across the valley, he and all his army hurriedly went out early the next morning and attacked the Israelites at a place overlooking the Jordan Valley. But he didn't realize there was an ambush behind the city. Joshua and the Israelite army fled toward the wilderness as though they were badly beaten, and all the men in the city were called out to chase after them. In this way, they were lured away from the city. There was not a man left in Ai or Bethel who did not chase after the Israelites, and the city was left wide open.
Then the LORD said to Joshua, "Point your spear toward Ai, for I will give you the city." Joshua did as he was commanded. As soon as Joshua gave the signal, the men in ambush jumped up and poured into the city. They quickly captured it and set it on fire. When the men of Ai looked behind them, smoke from the city was filling the sky, and they had nowhere to go. For the Israelites who had fled in the direction of the wilderness now turned on their pursuers. When Joshua and the other Israelites saw that the ambush had succeeded and that smoke was rising from the city, they turned and attacked the men of Ai. Then the Israelites who were inside the city came out and started killing the enemy from the rear. So the men of Ai were caught in a trap, and all of them died. Not a single person survived or escaped. Only the king of Ai was taken alive and brought to Joshua.
When the Israelite army finished killing all the men outside the city, they went back and finished off everyone inside. So the entire population of Ai was wiped out that day – twelve thousand in all. For Joshua kept holding out his spear until everyone who had lived in Ai was completely destroyed. Only the cattle and the treasures of the city were not destroyed, for the Israelites kept these for themselves, as the LORD had commanded Joshua. So Ai became a permanent mound of ruins, desolate to this very day. Joshua hung the king of Ai on a tree and left him there until evening. At sunset the Israelites took down the body and threw it in front of the city gate. They piled a great heap of stones over him that can still be seen today. (Joshua 8:1-29 NLT)

Killing at Jericho
When the people heard the sound of the horns, they shouted as loud as they could. Suddenly, the walls of Jericho collapsed, and the Israelites charged straight into the city from every side and captured it. They completely destroyed everything in it – men and women, young and old, cattle, sheep, donkeys – everything. (Joshua 6:20-21 NLT)

''God'' Kills an Extended Family
"You have done more evil than all who lived before you. You have made other gods and have made me furious with your gold calves. And since you have turned your back on me, I will bring disaster on your dynasty and kill all your sons, slave or free alike. I will burn up your royal dynasty as one burns up trash until it is all gone. I, the LORD, vow that the members of your family who die in the city will be eaten by dogs, and those who die in the field will be eaten by vultures.'" Then Ahijah said to Jeroboam's wife, "Go on home, and when you enter the city, the child will die. All Israel will mourn for him and bury him. He is the only member of your family who will have a proper burial, for this child is the only good thing that the LORD, the God of Israel, sees in the entire family of Jeroboam. And the LORD will raise up a king over Israel who will destroy the family of Jeroboam. This will happen today, even now! Then the LORD will shake Israel like a reed whipped about in a stream. He will uproot the people of Israel from this good land that he gave their ancestors and will scatter them beyond the Euphrates River, for they have angered the LORD by worshiping Asherah poles. He will abandon Israel because Jeroboam sinned and made all of Israel sin along with him." (1 Kings 14:9-16 NLT)

Mass Murder
The men of Israel withdrew through the territory of the Benjaminites, putting to the sword the inhabitants of the city, the livestock, and all they chanced upon. Moreover they destroyed by fire all the cities they came upon. (Judges 20:48 NAB)

The Angel of Death
That night the angel of the Lord went forth and struck down one hundred and eighty five thousand men in the Assyrian camp. Early the next morning, there they were, all the corpuses of the dead. (2 Kings 19:35 NAB)

Kill Your Neighbors
(Moses) stood at the entrance to the camp and shouted, "All of you who are on the LORD's side, come over here and join me." And all the Levites came. He told them, "This is what the LORD, the God of Israel, says: Strap on your swords! Go back and forth from one end of the camp to the other, killing even your brothers, friends, and neighbors." The Levites obeyed Moses, and about three thousand people died that day. Then Moses told the Levites, "Today you have been ordained for the service of the LORD, for you obeyed him even though it meant killing your own sons and brothers. Because of this, he will now give you a great blessing." (Exodus 32:26-29 NLT)

Kill the Family of Sinners
And Joshua said to Achan, My son, give, I pray thee, glory to the LORD God of Israel, and make confession to him; and tell me now what thou hast done, hide it not from me. And Achan answered Joshua, and said, Indeed I have sinned against the LORD God of Israel, and thus and thus have I done. When I saw among the spoils a goodly Babylonish garment, and two hundred shekels of silver, and a wedge of gold of fifty shekels weight, then I coveted them, and took them, and behold, they are hid in the earth in the midst of my tent, and the silver under it." [Note that the sin is not looting, but failing to give the loot to the treasury of the Lord.] "So Joshua sent messengers, and they ran to the tent, and behold, it was hid in his tent, and the silver under it. And they took them from the midst of the tent, and brought them to Joshua, and to all the children of Israel, and laid them out before the LORD. And Joshua, and all Israel with him, took Achan the son of Zerah, and the silver, and the garment, and the wedge of gold, and his sons, and his daughters, and his oxen, and his asses, and his sheep, and his tent, and all that he had: and they brought them to the valley of Achor. And Joshua said, why hast thou troubled us? the LORD shall trouble thee this day. And all Israel stoned him with stones, and burned them with fire, after they had stoned them with stones. And they raised over him a great heap of stones to this day. So the LORD turned from the fierceness of his anger: wherefore the name of that place was called the valley of Achor to this day. (Joshua 7:19-26 Webster's Bible)

Kill Followers of Other Religions
While the Israelites were camped at Acacia, some of the men defiled themselves by sleeping with the local Moabite women. These women invited them to attend sacrifices to their gods, and soon the Israelites were feasting with them and worshiping the gods of Moab. Before long Israel was joining in the worship of Baal of Peor, causing the LORD's anger to blaze against his people. The LORD issued the following command to Moses: "Seize all the ringleaders and execute them before the LORD in broad daylight, so his fierce anger will turn away from the people of Israel." So Moses ordered Israel's judges to execute everyone who had joined in worshiping Baal of Peor. Just then one of the Israelite men brought a Midianite woman into the camp, right before the eyes of Moses and all the people, as they were weeping at the entrance of the Tabernacle. When Phinehas son of Eleazar and grandson of Aaron the priest saw this, he jumped up and left the assembly. Then he took a spear and rushed after the man into his tent. Phinehas thrust the spear all the way through the man's body and into the woman's stomach. So the plague against the Israelites was stopped, but not before 24,000 people had died. (Numbers 25:1-9 NLT)

Murder
At the customary time for offering the evening sacrifice, Elijah the prophet walked up to the altar and prayed, "O LORD, God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, prove today that you are God in Israel and that I am your servant. Prove that I have done all this at your command. O LORD, answer me! Answer me so these people will know that you, O LORD, are God and that you have brought them back to yourself." Immediately the fire of the LORD flashed down from heaven and burned up the young bull, the wood, the stones, and the dust. It even licked up all the water in the ditch! And when the people saw it, they fell on their faces and cried out, "The LORD is God! The LORD is God!" Then Elijah commanded, "Seize all the prophets of Baal. Don't let a single one escape!" So the people seized them all, and Elijah took them down to the Kishon Valley and killed them there. (1 Kings 18:36-40 NLT)

Kill All of Babylon
"Go up, my warriors, against the land of Merathaim and against the people of Pekod. Yes, march against Babylon, the land of rebels, a land that I will judge! Pursue, kill, and completely destroy them, as I have commanded you," says the LORD. "Let the battle cry be heard in the land, a shout of great destruction". (Jeremiah 50:21-22 NLT)

Micah Kills a Whole Town

Then, with Micah's idols and his priest, the men of Dan came to the town of Laish, whose people were peaceful and secure. They attacked and killed all the people and burned the town to the ground. There was no one to rescue the residents of the town, for they lived a great distance from Sidon and had no allies nearby. This happened in the valley near Beth-rehob.Then the people of the tribe of Dan rebuilt the town and lived there. They renamed the town Dan after their ancestor, Israel's son, but it had originally been called Laish. (Judges 18:27-29 NLT) (Note that ''God'' approves of this slaughter in verse 6.)
Re: Good Occult Fraternities by GODSON2009(m): 5:08pm On May 27, 2011
^^while it is not my place to either adduce reasons nor justify any of the actions,one thing you will find very clear in all the eons of instances you have highlighted is the fact that these were the laws guiding the israelites,the israelites were seen and saw themselves as GOD's people subject to his laws and commandments.
another thing you will find in all the different bible verse you have quoted and if you read around the old testament is that there was no compulsion for them to live by these rules,they all subscribed to it and submitted themselves to the appropriate judgement when flouted tell me how this compares with a situation where the so called african gods actually forced people to worship them
they forced people to give up their new born babies to be murdered
they killed people in cold blood for rituals not for any reason,or any fault of theres just because they happen to be at the wrong place

btw did you see the story of the 5 yr sold girl whose private part was cut off and her intestines removed partly by some men?
reason because they wanted to use it for money ritual, is that part of colonial religious brainwash as well?
as for the book/volume i mentioned earlier it was not written by colonialists but nigerians chronicling african history and how it was practised
Re: Good Occult Fraternities by PastorAIO: 6:06pm On May 27, 2011
I won't talk now because if I do it will just come across as if I am fighting against christianity. So I'll leave it. But the name of the book is the History of the Yorubas and it was written by Rev'd Samuel Johnson. Actually it was written by his son from his notes. The copy that he had written and sent to London ( the book was commissioned by the British Empire that wanted to document the history of the empire) was mysteriously lost when it got to London and that is why his son had to write another book from the notes he left over. Every now and again in the book we see flashes of Colonial mentality though all in all it is a great book.
Re: Good Occult Fraternities by mumbasa: 8:33pm On Dec 14, 2011
Dont mind them that is why someone thinks that that occultforriches.com is evil
Re: Good Occult Fraternities by Onwukwekalu: 8:58pm On Feb 20, 2012
08137893931 Okpuwa Onwukwe Kalu pls contact me' i need to get rich. Hinduismh
Re: Good Occult Fraternities by Ptolomeus(m): 11:16pm On Feb 20, 2012
Rossikk:

GODSON 2009, I've read all the colonial mentality driven horse manure you've typed so far. Here's what I need to know. Are you able to justify these mass killings in the bible ordered by your imported ''God''?

And please throw away that colonial officer's book of ignorant smears given to you by your dad.

I share his opinion and that of dear friend Pastor AIO.
The problem is that there are people whose fanaticism prevents them from reasoning.
Godson has written extensively , quoted the Bible in several passages, but the same Bible says that "whoever has ears to hear, and who have eyes, see"
As we say in my city, "there are none so deaf as those who did not want to hear.
The general fanaticism deafness and blindness.
My best wishes to you.
Re: Good Occult Fraternities by BlackPikiN(m): 3:58am On Feb 21, 2012
Onwukwekalu:

08137893931 Okpuwa Onwukwe Kalu pls contact me' i need to get rich. Hinduismh

Hahaha, I go tell your papa and mama say u wan use dem do rituals!
Re: Good Occult Fraternities by PastorAIO: 1:56pm On Feb 22, 2012
Ptolomeus:

I share his opinion and that of dear friend Pastor AIO.
The problem is that there are people whose fanaticism prevents them from reasoning.
Godson has written extensively , quoted the Bible in several passages, but the same Bible says that "whoever has ears to hear, and who have eyes, see"
As we say in my city, "there are none so deaf as those who did not want to hear.
The general fanaticism deafness and blindness.
My best wishes to you.

Ptolomeus, sir, I find you very fascinating. Please tell me, are you a Nigerian living in south american or are you a south american that practices yoruba religions?
Re: Good Occult Fraternities by Ptolomeus(m): 3:43pm On Feb 22, 2012
Pastor AIO:

Ptolomeus, sir, I find you very fascinating. Please tell me, are you a Nigerian living in south american or are you a south american that practices yoruba religions?
Dear friend Pastor AIO:
I am very impressed with their presentations.
Thank you for your very valuable input!
I was born in Uruguay, my great-grandmother was a slave.
In my country is highly valued African culture that slaves learned to treasure with great effort and suffering.
Indeed, practical worship of Orisá. In this country the cult is widespread.
This is an adaptation of the original African religion as repression, lack of some ritual materials and other circumstances forced to make these adaptations, which are not related to the syncretism as some people believe, but the liturgy.
For example, because of many people, it was impossible to make a single Orisá worship in every place, so every Ile grouped them in a large number of followers and making it all Orisá worship.
I'm at your service with any questions about this or any other topic.
I reiterate my deep admiration and friendship unconditionally.
Excuse me my bad English.
A very warm greeting!
Re: Good Occult Fraternities by wiccawicca: 7:40pm On Mar 05, 2012
long argument have no wisdom.
some people are looking for good occult here for wealth and prosperity which do you refer them to?
Re: Good Occult Fraternities by Ptolomeus(m): 8:30pm On Mar 05, 2012
Pastor AIO:

Dear friend Pastor AIO.
Who is fascinated me.
I am Uruguayan, born here in America.
Practice for many years the Yoruba religion.
Since I am a very analytical person, and under the great distance between America and Africa, I always understood the theological issues vital to join the historical, cultural and traditional. That's why my interest on some issues and some knowledge of African issues. I am also a researcher of the implications for Africa and America slave traffic, and her reflection today. African traditions who moved to America in all its forms, etc. , I just hope not to be annoying, and I am willing to share all my humble knowledge with those interested.
Thank you for your permanent kindness, knowledge and great education.
I repeat their orders.
wiccawicca:

long argument have no wisdom.
some people are looking for good occult here for wealth and prosperity which do you refer them to?
Right.
Thank goodness, then, we have been enlightened and now we have you, with deep knowledge and enlighten us all.
Forward dear sir!
Re: Good Occult Fraternities by wiccawicca: 11:27am On Mar 06, 2012
All your life difficulties are a minor issue as long as you are a registered member in our great religion which was founded by Gerald Gardner in 1970's to provide access to Wicca teachings, comfortableness to our people and religious services to sincere spiritual seekers in and around the world. This religion won't restrict you from attending to your own religion, nor hold church services like other religion do. All we do is to give spiritual understandings, advice, solutions to problems to any of our own who seek for it on our own desirable time and date.

We also initiate into our bloodless Family Society called "FMR" which is pure and free from witchcraft or killings.

As a full registered FMR member,You stand to gain lots of benefits from your adventure into our world. One week after initiation or acceptance, you will be given a gift of $30,000 for a start up.

After six months of scrutinizing you will be enroll in what we called (FMR) FAMILY MONEY ROTATION, Every one year N500,000,000 will be loan to you. Invest it, use it wisely and make vast profit out of it, but bear in mind that other members are waiting for the same money back. After one year, you are required to provide the money back to the sanctuary account and keep the profit you make with the money for yourself. This is how we rotate the money within us. When it reaches your turn again, the same money will be loan to you again. been dead by now….
Visit my webpage at http://www.facebook.com/lordofwealth , or http://wiccanmagick69.tripod.com/
Re: Good Occult Fraternities by Ptolomeus(m): 4:33pm On Mar 06, 2012
wiccawicca:

All your life difficulties are a minor issue as long as you are a registered member in our great religion which was founded by Gerald Gardner in 1970's to provide access to Wicca teachings, comfortableness to our people and religious services to sincere spiritual seekers in and around the world. This religion won't restrict you from attending to your own religion, nor hold church services like other religion do. All we do is to give spiritual understandings, advice, solutions to problems to any of our own who seek for it on our own desirable time and date.

We also initiate into our bloodless Family Society called "FMR" which is pure and free from witchcraft or killings.

As a full registered FMR member,You stand to gain lots of benefits from your adventure into our world. One week after initiation or acceptance, you will be given a gift of $30,000 for a start up.

After six months of scrutinizing you will be enroll in what we called (FMR) FAMILY MONEY ROTATION, Every one year N500,000,000 will be loan to you. Invest it, use it wisely and make vast profit out of it, but bear in mind that other members are waiting for the same money back. After one year, you are required to provide the money back to the sanctuary account and keep the profit you make with the money for yourself. This is how we rotate the money within us. When it reaches your turn again, the same money will be loan to you again. been dead by now….
Visit my webpage at http://www.facebook.com/lordofwealth , or http://wiccanmagick69.tripod.com/

1. Off-topic.
2. That is a religion or a financial system?
3. Thanks for wanting to give me money, but I'd rather earn it honestly, with my work, as I did before.
4. Buy faithful does not seem the most ethical way ,
These are just a few comments that I could not avoid.
I avoid making further comments in respect to other members.
Find your inner peace find it.
Re: Good Occult Fraternities by momohammed: 10:41am On Mar 07, 2012
My master belongs to a occult down town of Southern Africa, he has been tripping every tree month and he is very rich beyond human imagination I really must be frank I would like to join this court but i really afraid because if my master knows I belong in his occult he might kill me, I was able to discover the email address of his occult society days back but i really don't know how to contact them or what to say or where to tell them i got his there email address this is thee email address: [occult.priest.spiritual@priest.com] can some tell if they know this occult group please if yes can you recommend me to if i just want to be rich like my boss by all means please can some once help.
Re: Good Occult Fraternities by Ptolomeus(m): 4:04pm On Mar 07, 2012
momohammed:

My master belongs to a occult down town of Southern Africa, he has been tripping every tree month and he is very rich beyond human imagination I really must be frank I would like to join this court but i really afraid because if my master knows I belong in his occult he might kill me, I was able to discover the email address of his occult society days back but i really don't know how to contact them or what to say or where to tell them i got his there email address this is thee email address: [occult.priest.spiritual@priest.com] can some tell if they know this occult group please if yes can you recommend me to if i just want to be rich like my boss by all means please can some once help.

Dear friend.
Why do not you use logic?
If you want to be rich, work with honesty and effort.
That's the only way.
Avoid quick fixes, such as approaching bandits.
Those rascals thrive on gullible people.
None of these rascals will give her anything, on the contrary, they have managed their money at the expense of the deception, and you end up enslaved and to serve them.
Re: Good Occult Fraternities by giftbz(m): 9:46am On Jan 07, 2013
I think one of our major problem in Nigeria is lack of knowledge and research, and a situation whereby the half-baked ones will always want to impose the unverified hear-say they got from their so called religious leaders on everyone else is really appalling.
Re: Good Occult Fraternities by Rick9(m): 12:31am On Jan 09, 2013
Curiousmind:
FREEMASONRY
Freemasonry branch of illuminati.
Curiousmind:
ORDO TEMPLI ORIENTIS
Another Branch of the illuminati

Curiousmind:
HERMETIC ORDER OF THE GOLDEN DAWN

Another Branch of the illuminati
Re: Good Occult Fraternities by sirbigd(m): 10:18am On Feb 22, 2013
truly,who ever wrote this article is ryt. there are good nd bad frats but the ones he mentioned are nt d good ones. BAsically, goods fraternities are those u find in universities lyk Sigma lambda fraternity,alpha fraternity, lxg's,sigma beta and so on. these ones dont involve any sort of spirituality.
Re: Good Occult Fraternities by Nobody: 9:20pm On Mar 13, 2013
Kinsa: Please don't be deceived. Occults are demonic. The BIBLE is the only true book. The word of God is not secretive, its open. Be warned.
it is a lie, the bible is not open, in- short the bible is the most secretive book, tell the church that jesus attended, have you hard about a man that used his only child for sacrifice to GOD in the bible because he win a war and the bible called him a good man.? Think.
Re: Good Occult Fraternities by ochendoozor: 3:17pm On Mar 14, 2013
Curiousmind: Hello

For all those interested in any of these fraternities should google their names on the net

Thank You
I am interested and my name is christian okechukwu. christianokeyaleke@yahoo.com or 08035580253. Please contact me soon, i want to join occult
Re: Good Occult Fraternities by ochendoozor: 1:37pm On Mar 15, 2013
Curiousmind: Hello

For all those interested in any of these fraternities should google their names on the net

Thank You
i want to join. 08035580253
Re: Good Occult Fraternities by Henry666(m): 11:27am On Aug 26, 2013
Life is a game. Money is how we
keep scores.
if you need help on how to join an occult, call +2348063162411. think very well before you call because is not as easy as you think. it is for the desperate!!!
Re: Good Occult Fraternities by truthman2012(m): 1:45pm On Aug 26, 2013
Tudór6:

Just look at this, Jesus' death is symbolic and not human sacrifice?? Hahahahahah Are you in actual fact denying that No blood was shed on the cross of calvary? This is like me putting 6 lead bullets into the head of the next man and claim its not murder but symbolism of my wickedness and psychopathic nature. Yea right!

what is the difference between your "God" requiring the shedding of HUMAN Blood, BLOOD, BLOOD, BLOOD for forgiveness, mercy and favours and the same principle being required by the traditional religions of old?

As far as the christian God Is concerned, the payment for everything is. BLOOD, HUMAN BLOOD which was shed 2,000 years ago and you have the audacity to question the rationale of old traditional religions who practised human sacrifice? On what Moral Grounds?

If your God has the right to accept Blood payment for everything, why shouldn't others?

Are there many God (s) of creation? To which God (god) are you making your own human sacrifices?

Would you love it if you or your child is sacrificed?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Is It Wrong To Call The Name Of Jesus During Sex? / Study The Bible With Jehovah's Witnesses! / General Overseer & Wife Fight Dirty Over Church Ownership, Wife Floors Hubby

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 308
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.