Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,956 members, 7,806,771 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:12 PM

Who Has Been The Best Defender So Far In Premier League This 2009/10? - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Who Has Been The Best Defender So Far In Premier League This 2009/10? (7491 Views)

Mourinho To Become The Highest Paid Manager In Premier League History! / Barcelona Centre-half Gerard Pique Is The Best Defender In The World. / Messi Vs Rooney: Who Is Better For 2009/10 Season? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Has Been The Best Defender So Far In Premier League This 2009/10? by SeanLewis(m): 3:00pm On May 02, 2010
The premier league has got the best player of the season, As the EPL is about end, i wuld lyk my fellow sports NLnders to voice out ur best defender in EPL 2009/10. I will start first by naming out Vermaeleen
Re: Who Has Been The Best Defender So Far In Premier League This 2009/10? by Kinezeala(m): 8:00pm On May 02, 2010
I tink i wil go 4 gareth bale of tottenham,he bcame so exceptional 2wards 2 end of d seasn,scorin against chelsea nd arsenal
Re: Who Has Been The Best Defender So Far In Premier League This 2009/10? by SeanLewis(m): 10:10pm On May 02, 2010
Kinezeala link=topic=440448.msg5987816#msg5987816 date= 1272826833:

I tink i wil go 4 gareth bale of tottenham,he bcame so exceptional 2wards 2 end of d seasn,scorin against chelsea nd arsenal
Good choice bruv,,,Gareth bale has really improved dis season. Whatcha tink abt Vermaeleen?
Re: Who Has Been The Best Defender So Far In Premier League This 2009/10? by dayokanu(m): 10:15pm On May 02, 2010
Vermalaen is crap just a little better than Silvestre.

Dunne is the best
Re: Who Has Been The Best Defender So Far In Premier League This 2009/10? by Sauron1: 10:36pm On May 02, 2010
Richard Dunne is the best defender in the EPL.
Case closed!!!
Re: Who Has Been The Best Defender So Far In Premier League This 2009/10? by 4peace(m): 11:50pm On May 02, 2010
varmelen is good
Re: Who Has Been The Best Defender So Far In Premier League This 2009/10? by DrKitaun(m): 1:41am On May 03, 2010
Verma gini?

Dunne by a mile!
Re: Who Has Been The Best Defender So Far In Premier League This 2009/10? by Basics007: 8:37am On May 03, 2010
No contest, it s Micheal Dawson of Tottenham. G Bale is only good going forward,not really a good defender
Re: Who Has Been The Best Defender So Far In Premier League This 2009/10? by SeanLewis(m): 10:19am On May 03, 2010
dayokanu:

Dunne is the best
Vermaeleen wuld ve gone so many miles if nt 4 his injury. Meanwhile, wat are ur reasons 4 naming out Richard Dunne?
Re: Who Has Been The Best Defender So Far In Premier League This 2009/10? by SeanLewis(m): 10:53am On May 03, 2010
Are u guys 4getting brede hangeland of fulham fc?
Re: Who Has Been The Best Defender So Far In Premier League This 2009/10? by dipo2much(m): 11:31am On May 03, 2010
dayokanu:

Dunne is the best

The word brainless should be replaced by your real name,donkey.
If Vermalean isnt on a list of the top 3 best defenders for the 2009/2010,then its sauron's list you are looking at
Re: Who Has Been The Best Defender So Far In Premier League This 2009/10? by Olisa4all: 11:40am On May 03, 2010
Kinezeala:

which centre back hs scored more goals dan vamaelen? tho goals isnt a criteria bt vamaelen is 1of da best 2me n dis is his 1st season
Re: Who Has Been The Best Defender So Far In Premier League This 2009/10? by lonelydude: 2:07pm On May 03, 2010
Vermalen is one of the defenders chosen for the best 11 premiership team of this season.Hope all these anti-gunners know that. cool
Re: Who Has Been The Best Defender So Far In Premier League This 2009/10? by Olisa4all: 11:24am On May 04, 2010
lonelydude:

Vermalen is one of the defenders chosen for the best 11 premiership team of this season.Hope all these anti-gunners know that. cool
tell em
Re: Who Has Been The Best Defender So Far In Premier League This 2009/10? by tobounty(m): 11:50am On May 04, 2010
john tete! cool cool cool
Re: Who Has Been The Best Defender So Far In Premier League This 2009/10? by tkb417(m): 12:56pm On May 04, 2010
Dunne is the best
Re: Who Has Been The Best Defender So Far In Premier League This 2009/10? by Nobody: 4:23pm On May 04, 2010
I'd say Dunne,though not by much.
A few guys down the league have done well this season.
On present form, Michael Dawson is it.
Vermaelen can't be the best because Arsenal have conceeded more this season than last.That's an indictment on his part.
Re: Who Has Been The Best Defender So Far In Premier League This 2009/10? by Sauron1: 4:26pm On May 04, 2010
Eastbay:

I'd say Dunne,though not by much.
A few guys down the league have done well this season.
On present form, Michael Dawson is it.
Vermaelen can't be the best because Arsenal have conceeded more this season than last.That's an indictment on his part.

Fergie should sign Dunne this summer.
He cannot cost more than £10 milla, can he?
Dunne will be a perfect back-up for Rio Ferdinand who lost his spine in a Berlin brothel(shagging Rummenigge's mistress).
Re: Who Has Been The Best Defender So Far In Premier League This 2009/10? by Nobody: 4:31pm On May 04, 2010
^^^^
His age might be a factor.Fergie signs his defenders young,mostly.
And besides,he's already a City player.
I doubt he'd be bold enough to cross that dividing line in Manchester.
Re: Who Has Been The Best Defender So Far In Premier League This 2009/10? by Sauron1: 4:33pm On May 04, 2010
Eastbay:

^^^^
His age might be a factor.Fergie signs his defenders young,mostly.
And besides,he's already a City player.
I doubt he'd be bold enough to cross that dividing line in Manchester.

He's not moving directly from Citeh to Man Utd so i doubt that will count.
Dunne is Irish. . . . .He has nothing to do with the Manchester history bullshyte.
Re: Who Has Been The Best Defender So Far In Premier League This 2009/10? by Nobody: 4:50pm On May 04, 2010
~Sauron~:

He's not moving directly from Citeh to Man Utd so i doubt that will count.
Dunne is Irish. . . . .He has nothing to do with the Manchester history bullshyte.
Yeah,but his City affiliations would make it hard for him.
I can't remember many players who have crossed the divide directly or indirectly.
But I agree with you in a sense because of the way he was subtly forced out of City with the acquisition of Toure and Lescott last summer
Re: Who Has Been The Best Defender So Far In Premier League This 2009/10? by dayokanu(m): 4:52pm On May 04, 2010
Dunne will be a perfect back-up for Rio Ferdinand who lost his spine in a Berlin brothel

Is this an admittance that Rio Ferdinand is currently on the same level as Romanus Orjinta?
Re: Who Has Been The Best Defender So Far In Premier League This 2009/10? by Nobody: 5:10pm On May 04, 2010
dayokanu:

Is this an admittance that Rio Ferdinand is currently on the same level as Romanus Orjinta?
Romanus Orjinta is definitely better than van Buyten and Demichelis (aka new masquerade).
Re: Who Has Been The Best Defender So Far In Premier League This 2009/10? by dayokanu(m): 5:12pm On May 04, 2010
Romanus Orjinta is definitely better than van Buyten and Demichelis (aka new masquerade).

van Buyten and Demi are still in contention for a treble. Rio has been made the plaything of every footballer around from Bellamy to Kuyt, to Olic to that Ukrainian guy

Even Orjinta wasnt that bad
Re: Who Has Been The Best Defender So Far In Premier League This 2009/10? by Nobody: 5:19pm On May 04, 2010
^^^^
And Van Buyten /dimichelis were given the run-arround by some unknown Fiorentina Players, sodomized by some more unknown Bordeaux players earlier on amidst others.When Bayern conceeded 5 early this season,was it Patrick Paschal in the heart of your defence?Those two clowns (Clarus and Giringory) can't make it into Super Eagles' squad today,as bad as Yobo and Nwaneri are.
The reason Bayern are in the race for a treble is because one short-sighted ref/linesman decided to allow Klose an offside goal.Not because those fluff boys are anything spectacular.
Re: Who Has Been The Best Defender So Far In Premier League This 2009/10? by dayokanu(m): 5:32pm On May 04, 2010
When Bayern conceeded 5 early this season,was it Patrick Paschal in the heart of your defence?

When was this? Have you started drinking tombo with those Port Harcourt militants.

The Demichelis and Van Buyten are taking their team to the finals Rio is in England watching Manure slip. As he is right now, He cant even play Falcons defence.

I would rather go with Yinka Kudaisi and Kikelomo Ajayi in defence
Re: Who Has Been The Best Defender So Far In Premier League This 2009/10? by Sauron1: 8:25pm On May 04, 2010
dayokanu:

When was this? Have you started drinking tombo with those Port Harcourt militants.

The Demichelis and Van Buyten are taking their team to the finals Rio is in England watching Manure slip. As he is right now, He cant even play Falcons defence.

I would rather go with Yinka Kudaisi and Kikelomo Ajayi in defence

Whatever Demichelis and Van Buyten are going to achieve this season, Rio already did in 2008 and 2009.
Rio played in 2 European finals back to back and he formed the best defensive partnership in Europe for 18 months. . . .

Demichelis and Van Buyten can never EVER clean Rio's boots.
I'm sure a fool like you will argue Ribery/Robben are better than Ronaldo/Messi because ROBBERY are playing in the Final and the latter are sitting at home playing PS3.

I need tkb to send me some USD to buy you some artificial intelligence. grin
Re: Who Has Been The Best Defender So Far In Premier League This 2009/10? by dayokanu(m): 8:29pm On May 04, 2010
Rio contributed in no small way to Manures horrible form this season.

He became a personification of CALAMITY
Re: Who Has Been The Best Defender So Far In Premier League This 2009/10? by dipo2much(m): 8:39pm On May 04, 2010
Arsenal conceeding more goals this season than the last year doesnt mean Vermaleen cant be the best defender in the 2009/2010 EPL season. The goals began to gush in when the person who was supposed to support him got injured and it got worse when he himself got laid off.

This guy got into the EPL team of the season in his first year in England. He deserves respect abeg.

http://www.premierleague.com/page/Magazinedettail/0,,12306~2035490,00.html

~Sauron~:

Whatever Demichelis and Van Buyten are going to achieve this season, Rio already did in 2008 and 2009.
Rio played in 2 European finals back to back and he formed the best defensive partnership in Europe for 18 months. . . .

Demichelis and Van Buyten can never EVER clean Rio's boots.
I'm sure a fool like you will argue Ribery/Robben are better than Ronaldo/Messi because ROBBERY are playing in the Final and the latter are sitting at home playing PS3.

I need tkb to send me some USD to buy you some artificial intelligence. grin

Simon,that line is too old to make anyone actually laff
Re: Who Has Been The Best Defender So Far In Premier League This 2009/10? by Sauron1: 8:46pm On May 04, 2010
dayokanu:

Rio contributed in no small way to Manures horrible form this season.

He became a personification of CALAMITY

Yes, let's blame it on Rio who has only appeared 12 times in 37 league games United have played this season.
Anuofia!!!
Re: Who Has Been The Best Defender So Far In Premier League This 2009/10? by dayokanu(m): 8:56pm On May 04, 2010
Yes, let's blame it on Rio who has only appeared 12 times in 37 league games United have played this season.
Anuofia!!!

The 12 times he was on the field it was calamitous. Wasnt he the one Bellamy sodomised and I am not talking about Olic's rape here
Re: Who Has Been The Best Defender So Far In Premier League This 2009/10? by Sauron1: 9:14pm On May 04, 2010
dayokanu:

The 12 times he was on the field it was calamitous. Wasnt he the one Bellamy sodomised and I am not talking about Olic's despoil here

Rio Ferdinand
P12 W9 D1 L2

Loss % = 0.17

Richard Dunne
P34 W15 D13 L6

Loss % = 0.17

Thomas Vermaelen
P33 W22 D4 L7

Loss % = 0.21

John Terry
P36 W25 D5 L6

Loss % = 0.17%
---------------------------------------
If these stats don't make you sound like a consummate airhead, nothing else would.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Blackburn Rovers Vs Arsenal [1 - 2] On Saturday 28th August 2010 / World Best Player 2010(Lionel Messi);Do You Agree With Fifa? / Arsenal Vs Manchester United: Who Wins?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.