Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,589 members, 7,809,133 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:40 AM

8 VPS Hacks - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / 8 VPS Hacks (5055 Views)

Hacks On How To Increase Google Adsense Earnings / Cheap Reliable Linux KVM VPS Hosting With Free cPanel License / 12 Wordpress SEO Hacks To Boost Your Blog Traffic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

8 VPS Hacks by Angelawhite(m): 11:12am On Mar 18, 2018
1. VPN. With your VPS, you remain anonymous. The remote computer becomes your new identity. If the remote computer is located in USA, it will also reflect in your IP address.

2. As a renderer. Animators will understand better the need of high end computers. A VPS can become handy if you are rendering a a long animation. For example, If I want to render an AfterEffect or MOHO or Blender projects very fast, I simply export the project to my VPS and render it there. It will save you battery (cause you can actually close your VPS without interrupting the rendering) and time (especially if you are using a powerful VPS like mine: 2.4 GHz Intel processor, 16GB RAM)

3. As a video compressor. Sometimes huge video size can be a turnoff especially when you don't have enough data to download it. What I do is to download the video using VPS (Download speed on VPS can be up to 40Mb/s depending on the provider) and use a Video compressor to reduce the size. I can send the compressed video to my email where I will download it to my local computer. It's just common sense. Note,all downloads on VPS is just virtual and doesn't take as much data from your subscription. Example, I can download a 30GB file on my VPS without actually spending up to 2Mb and same applies if I'm uploading to my email.

4. To power some bots. If your bot is data intensive and time consuming, why not run it on your VPS ? You can cose your VPS while everything is running

5. Browsing on VPS is extremely fast even on a glo network. imagine an internet speed of 20Mb/s grin Sometimes, I expend 2GB on VPS just surfing the net while the actual cost is not up to 50 Mb

6. As a private computer. Since the VPS is hosted remotely and can be accessed on the internet, I call it a mobile computer. i can access it using any computer as long as it is connected to the internet.

7. Do you know you can host your internet radio and sites on a VPS? grin

See my VPS below
8. For bloggers Imagine you are a blogger and you would like to upload a video you saw online on your blog and the file is too huge to be download and re-uploaded on your site. With VPS, you can do that in less than 30 seconds grin

Re: 8 VPS Hacks by Angelawhite(m): 11:36am On Mar 18, 2018
Just look at this. I was lucky to be able to screen grab before the download could complete shocked See speed shocked

Re: 8 VPS Hacks by lgboks(m): 2:14pm On Mar 18, 2018
How do one learn how to use vps (especially in hosting a bot)
Re: 8 VPS Hacks by Angelawhite(m): 2:19pm On Mar 18, 2018
lgboks:
How do one learn how to use vps (especially in hosting a bot)

Do you have a VPS?
Re: 8 VPS Hacks by lgboks(m): 2:24pm On Mar 18, 2018
Angelawhite:

Do you have a VPS?
Nope. Been reading about instagram marketting and hosting multiple accts and bot online. Hence my interest. Why do you ask
Re: 8 VPS Hacks by Angelawhite(m): 2:32pm On Mar 18, 2018
lgboks:

Nope. Been reading about instagram marketting and hosting multiple accts and bot online. Hence my interest. Why do you ask
Ok.Nice.
I'm asking cause for you to learn how to use it, you should own one
Re: 8 VPS Hacks by BrownRoofRep: 3:00pm On Mar 18, 2018
How do you download to your vps?
wget <filename.ext>?
Re: 8 VPS Hacks by Angelawhite(m): 3:11pm On Mar 18, 2018
BrownRoofRep:
How do you download to your vps?
wget <filename.ext>?

Same way you download with your computer with any browser of your choice.

Check the pictures above... that's my VPS and I just downloaded something.

You can also copy from your local computer to your VPS and vice versa
Re: 8 VPS Hacks by lgboks(m): 6:41pm On Mar 18, 2018
Angelawhite:

Ok.Nice.
I'm asking cause for you to learn how to use it, you should own one
Where can i Get one?
Re: 8 VPS Hacks by BrownRoofRep: 6:54pm On Mar 18, 2018
Angelawhite:

Same way you download with your computer with any browser of your choice.

Check the pictures above... that's my VPS and I just downloaded something.

You can also copy from your local computer to your VPS and vice versa

And it will consume less data?
How do you link your pc to vps?
Explain more please.
Re: 8 VPS Hacks by Angelawhite(m): 9:17am On Mar 19, 2018
lgboks:
Where can i Get one?

With a budget of #5k, I can get you a good VPS
Re: 8 VPS Hacks by Angelawhite(m): 9:22am On Mar 19, 2018
BrownRoofRep:

And it will consume less data?
How do you link your pc to vps?
Explain more please.

Every Operating system comes with an app that let's you access your remote computer. On your computer, in the search box: Remote desktop application or RDP and hit the enter button. If you already have a VPS account, you can log in via your RDP
Re: 8 VPS Hacks by BrownRoofRep: 9:24am On Mar 19, 2018
Angelawhite:

Every Operating system comes with an app that let's you access your remote computer. On your computer, in the search box: Remote desktop application or RDP and hit the enter button. If you already have a VPS account, you can log in via your RDP
Thanks for the tips, I appreciate.
Please do I need VPN like open VPN for this?

Also, is there any Android App for this?
Re: 8 VPS Hacks by Angelawhite(m): 10:51am On Mar 19, 2018
BrownRoofRep:

Thanks for the tips, I appreciate.
Please do I need VPN like open VPN for this?

Also, is there any Android App for this?

You don't need a VPN
There ia an android app: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-server/remote/remote-desktop-services/clients/remote-desktop-android
Re: 8 VPS Hacks by BrownRoofRep: 11:18am On Mar 19, 2018
Angelawhite:

You don't need a VPN
There ia an android app: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-server/remote/remote-desktop-services/clients/remote-desktop-android

My vps is running on Ubutu 16.04 LTS OS, have been trying to open remote access so I can connect my Windows 8 without but not successful.
What OS is your VPS running on?
Re: 8 VPS Hacks by Angelawhite(m): 11:44am On Mar 19, 2018
BrownRoofRep:

My vps is running on Ubutu 16.04 LTS OS, have been trying to open remote access so I can connect my Windows 8 without but not successful.
What OS is your VPS running on?

Windows 10.
Probably your VPS runs Ubuntu OS. You can't change it.... you can only get a new one
Re: 8 VPS Hacks by BrownRoofRep: 1:09pm On Mar 19, 2018
Angelawhite:

Windows 10.
Probably your VPS runs Ubuntu OS. You can't change it.... you can only get a new one

Yeah, I know. I am able to connect by opening the right port. I was opening 5900 instead of 3389.

The user experience is too poor as a result of the crappy user interface. I can't even run the browser in the remote access panel.

Please which os are you using in your vps (not desktop)?
Re: 8 VPS Hacks by Angelawhite(m): 1:21pm On Mar 19, 2018
BrownRoofRep:

Yeah, I know. I am able to connect by opening the right port. I was opening 5900 instead of 3389.

The user experience is too poor as a result of the crappy user interface. I can't even run the browser in the remote access panel.

Please which os are you using in your vps (not desktop)?

I use Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7 on my different VPS. I also use Linux. I've never used Ubuntu maybe cause of the name. I will try it out to see how it looks like. So far, Windows 10 is still my best.
Refer to the first picture I posted. That's the specification of my Windows 10 VPS
Re: 8 VPS Hacks by joshanders365: 1:53pm On Mar 19, 2018
Angelawhite:

I use Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7 on my different VPS. I also use Linux. I've never used Ubuntu maybe cause of the name. I will try it out to see how it looks like. So far, Windows 10 is still my best.
Refer to the first picture I posted. That's the specification of my Windows 10 VPS

Cost for the Windows10 VpS with same specification as yours above and which country
Re: 8 VPS Hacks by BrownRoofRep: 1:59pm On Mar 19, 2018
Angelawhite:

Windows 10 on cloud should be powered by Windows server 2016.

Seems like you are running on dedicated Remote Desktop Hosting which is buffed for the purpose.
My server on Ubuntu performs horribly and I don't even think it can serve the purpose.

Please how much are you paying for the hosting of that config.
Do you pay for Windows Server license separately?

Thanks for your help.
Re: 8 VPS Hacks by Angelawhite(m): 2:09pm On Mar 19, 2018
joshanders365:

Cost for the Windows10 VpS with same specification as yours above and which country

#10k

But I can get one with a lower specification for you at a cheaper price. I can get you 8GB RAM for #5k
Country is United states
Re: 8 VPS Hacks by joshanders365: 2:15pm On Mar 19, 2018
Angelawhite:

#10k

But I can get one with a lower specification for you at a cheaper price. I can get you 8GB RAM for #5k
Country is United states

What's the HDD size?
Re: 8 VPS Hacks by Angelawhite(m): 2:27pm On Mar 19, 2018
BrownRoofRep:

Seems like you are running on dedicated Remote Desktop Hosting which is buffed for the purpose.
My server on Ubuntu performs horribly and I don't even think it can serve the purpose.

Thanks for your help.
Re: 8 VPS Hacks by Angelawhite(m): 2:29pm On Mar 19, 2018
BrownRoofRep:

Yes

Yes

Officially it should cost about $100 monthly.

Nope.

1 Like

Re: 8 VPS Hacks by BrownRoofRep: 2:34pm On Mar 19, 2018
Angelawhite:

Yes

Yes

Officially it should cost about $100 monthly.

Nope.

$100/month seems way above my budget.
Is there any restrictions on the allowed users? I mean how many users accounts are allowed per server?

Do you host your web apps there too?
Re: 8 VPS Hacks by Angelawhite(m): 2:34pm On Mar 19, 2018
joshanders365:

What's the HDD size?

Re: 8 VPS Hacks by Angelawhite(m): 3:01pm On Mar 19, 2018
BrownRoofRep:

$100/month seems way above my budget.
Is there any restrictions on the allowed users? I mean how many users accounts are allowed per server?

Do you host your web apps there too?
$100 monthly is way above my budget too. For some reasons I wouldn't like to divulge now, I enjoy it for almost free for 30 days and repeat the process afterwards. ( It's a long process anyway)

You can check out this godaddy's hosting plans: https://uk.godaddy.com/hosting/windows-vps
Re: 8 VPS Hacks by bobojoshua(m): 3:14pm On Mar 19, 2018
Angelawhite:
1. VPN. With your VPS, you remain anonymous. The remote computer becomes your new identity. If the remote computer is located in USA, it will also reflect in your IP address.

2. As a renderer. Animators will understand better the need of high end computers. A VPS can become handy if you are rendering a a long animation. For example, If I want to render an AfterEffect or MOHO or Blender projects very fast, I simply export the project to my VPS and render it there. It will save you battery (cause you can actually close your VPS without interrupting the rendering) and time (especially if you are using a powerful VPS like mine: 2.4 GHz Intel processor, 16GB RAM)

3. As a video compressor. Sometimes huge video size can be a turnoff especially when you don't have enough data to download it. What I do is to download the video using VPS (Download speed on VPS can be up to 40Mb/s depending on the provider) and use a Video compressor to reduce the size. I can send the compressed video to my email where I will download it to my local computer. It's just common sense. Note,all downloads on VPS is just virtual and doesn't take as much data from your subscription. Example, I can download a 30GB file on my VPS without actually spending up to 2Mb and same applies if I'm uploading to my email.

4. To power some bots. If your bot is data intensive and time consuming, why not run it on your VPS ? You can cose your VPS while everything is running

5. Browsing on VPS is extremely fast even on a glo network. imagine an internet speed of 20Mb/s grin Sometimes, I expend 2GB on VPS just surfing the net while the actual cost is not up to 50 Mb

6. As a private computer. Since the VPS is hosted remotely and can be accessed on the internet, I call it a mobile computer. i can access it using any computer as long as it is connected to the internet.

7. Do you know you can host your internet radio and sites on a VPS? grin

See my VPS below
8. For bloggers Imagine you are a blogger and you would like to upload a video you saw online on your blog and the file is too huge to be download and re-uploaded on your site. With VPS, you can do that in less than 30 seconds grin
Re: 8 VPS Hacks by BrownRoofRep: 3:23pm On Mar 19, 2018
Angelawhite:

$100 monthly is way above my budget too. For some reasons I wouldn't like to divulge now, I enjoy it for almost free for 30 days and repeat the process afterwards. ( It's a long process anyway)

You can check out this godaddy's hosting plans: https://uk.godaddy.com/hosting/windows-vps
Is there any special configuration for or just the basic Windows vps?

Also, from your attached screenshot above you are using chrome installed on the desktop instead of your remote server, how come it's on vps speed and local network bandwidth is not consumed.

Can we have a private conversation?
Re: 8 VPS Hacks by Angelawhite(m): 3:35pm On Mar 19, 2018
BrownRoofRep:

Is there any special configuration for or just the basic Windows vps?

Also, from your attached screenshot above you are using chrome installed on the desktop instead of your remote server, how come it's on vps speed and local network bandwidth is not consumed.

Can we have a private conversation?

You mean opera?

All the screenshots I took are from my VPS RDP and not from my local desktop

Lots of things you can customize

Mekomgbo@gmail.com
Re: 8 VPS Hacks by lgboks(m): 11:03am On Mar 20, 2018
Angelawhite:

With a budget of #5k, I can get you a good VPS
You didn't specify the duration?
Re: 8 VPS Hacks by Angelawhite(m): 11:08am On Mar 20, 2018
lgboks:

You didn't specify the duration?
2 months

(1) (2) (Reply)

A Typical Nigerian Blogging Experience / Jumia Will Not Stop Sending Me Their Annoying Newsletters-,please How Can I Stop / Everything you need to know about Blogging/website + Google adsense In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.