Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,890 members, 7,802,864 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:58 PM

5 Vehicle Parts That Are Easily Damaged By Potholes - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / 5 Vehicle Parts That Are Easily Damaged By Potholes (18683 Views)

8 Parts Potholes Can Damage In A Car / Ask For Ur American & Japanese Vehicle's Parts Including Bumper & Lights / Vehicles Damaged By Falling Trees After Heavy Rainfall In Port-Harcourt. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Vehicle Parts That Are Easily Damaged By Potholes by AnodaIT(m): 8:21am On Mar 19, 2018
Thank God there's no potholes Uyo
Re: 5 Vehicle Parts That Are Easily Damaged By Potholes by Nutase: 8:22am On Mar 19, 2018
JoaquinElChapo:
Which experience? You that don't know difference between radiator and carburettor?
what does knowing car parts have to do with owning a car? My car entered a pothole and my radiator was hit and started leaking after I came out. I didnt know the bottom plate had been removed after the last service.Does that sound impossible? As for the type of car its one of these new cars that have very low suspension.

1 Like

Re: 5 Vehicle Parts That Are Easily Damaged By Potholes by vertueptime: 8:26am On Mar 19, 2018
jarkbauer:

Radiator

Lagirata in hausa
Re: 5 Vehicle Parts That Are Easily Damaged By Potholes by ronaldbecky(m): 8:32am On Mar 19, 2018
JoaquinElChapo:
Which experience? You that don't know difference between radiator and carburettor?
hahahahahaha grin
JoaquinElChapo:
hahahahahaha

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Vehicle Parts That Are Easily Damaged By Potholes by ronaldbecky(m): 8:34am On Mar 19, 2018
Nutase:
what does knowing car parts have to do with owning a car? My car entered a pothole and my radiator was hit and started leaking after I came out. I didnt know the bottom plate had been removed after the last service.Does that sound impossible? As for the type of car its one of these new cars that have very low suspension.
Oga,D car no get name

1 Like

Re: 5 Vehicle Parts That Are Easily Damaged By Potholes by Nobody: 8:38am On Mar 19, 2018
Nutase:
Nutase stop lying before I konk your head lol what is the name of this new car?
Re: 5 Vehicle Parts That Are Easily Damaged By Potholes by Nobody: 8:39am On Mar 19, 2018
kenonze:
Camber bushin
9ice boobs
Re: 5 Vehicle Parts That Are Easily Damaged By Potholes by Nutase: 8:40am On Mar 19, 2018
JoaquinElChapo:
Nutase stop lying before I konk your head lol what is the name of this new car?
please konk me Mr lie detector. I can't come on a public forum and lie about what I experienced. You cannot get me to divulge personal details.
Re: 5 Vehicle Parts That Are Easily Damaged By Potholes by Nobody: 8:44am On Mar 19, 2018
Nutase:
please konk me Mr lie detector. I can't come on a public forum and lie about what I experienced. You cannot get me to divulge personal details.
what is so personal about telling us the type of car? See me see something o

1 Like

Re: 5 Vehicle Parts That Are Easily Damaged By Potholes by Alvin007: 8:46am On Mar 19, 2018
Nutase:
yes it does. Speaking from experience.

Sshh!

Re: 5 Vehicle Parts That Are Easily Damaged By Potholes by Yoyostic: 8:53am On Mar 19, 2018
Nutase:
I've had experienced leaking radiator with an SUV due to terrible port hole.I was impatient and didn't slow down hence the radiator shifted from it's base.Had a terrible overheating after wards.
Other parts of vehicle that could be damaged as well are fuel filter and oil filter,if the vehicle is very low.
Most ladies don't know anything about car parts,I didn't too not until hubby travelled and I had to deal with mechanics directly.
Re: 5 Vehicle Parts That Are Easily Damaged By Potholes by uuzba(m): 9:27am On Mar 19, 2018
GreenArrow1:
In 9ja, increasing vehicle ground clearance is very important o.

Kukuma go for this.

Re: 5 Vehicle Parts That Are Easily Damaged By Potholes by ikdaddy01(m): 9:30am On Mar 19, 2018
Ogbulafo to 9thMile, this guy wanted to show me he has good suspensions and maybe new ride. I had to slow down cause of multiple pot holes, while de MASHINE gave me kms away. He Was almost flying through de chain holes.
About 10km later,in a no man's land... His entire exhust was on the ground.
You need to see de look on his face while frantically searching de bushes for rope or wire.
I slowed down, come just waka pass with I KNEW IT smile
Re: 5 Vehicle Parts That Are Easily Damaged By Potholes by uuzba(m): 9:32am On Mar 19, 2018
ronaldbecky:
Oga,D car no get name
-
Jimoh!
Sir?
Take this money and buy me one those new cars that has very low suspension.
Yes sir!
Re: 5 Vehicle Parts That Are Easily Damaged By Potholes by erico2k2(m): 11:07am On Mar 19, 2018
Nutase:
yes it does. Speaking from experience.
grin grin grin nah dis people below dig that una hole

Re: 5 Vehicle Parts That Are Easily Damaged By Potholes by erico2k2(m): 11:13am On Mar 19, 2018
Yoyostic:
I've had experienced leaking radiator with an SUV due to terrible port hole.I was impatient and didn't slow down hence the radiator shifted from it's base.Had a terrible overheating after wards.
Other parts of vehicle that could be damaged as well are fuel filter and oil filter,if the vehicle is very low.
Most[b] ladies don[/b]'t know anything about car parts,I didn't too not until hubby travelled and I had to deal with mechanics directly.
Yes this is true, kazeems tak advantage of this and just name parts that has nothing to do with the fault at hand.I had to scream over the phone to a mechanic who was talking ECU change instead of fob battery change to my Mrs.Your radiator is above the sub frame of ur car, its also above the sway bar.These are rigid and high streghnt bars and forms part of your car chasis.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Vehicle Parts That Are Easily Damaged By Potholes by erico2k2(m): 11:14am On Mar 19, 2018
HoodBillionaire:
this shud be for sedan/saloon car users
suvs like 4runners
highlanderz
crvs
hummer
fj cruiser
etc nor fey affect them.
d babanla of height
toyota sequio dah one na trailer
dey climb on top pot hole lile say na water.
Try the holes @ Onitsha Enugu xpress way grin grin grin grin grin
Re: 5 Vehicle Parts That Are Easily Damaged By Potholes by erico2k2(m): 11:17am On Mar 19, 2018
EagleScribes:
Very soon, person go talk say potholes dey affect hin wiper and plugs tongue
yes nah, so U dnt know
my friend had 1st hand xperience
he went for oil change, and his car had upgraded wiper
he got in a bad hole on the road that shokle him bad, wen he got home he could not find his wipers,
Now what removed it, hole or kazeeem> grin grin grin grin we still dey wait!
Re: 5 Vehicle Parts That Are Easily Damaged By Potholes by Nobody: 11:49am On Mar 19, 2018
I dont have a car... but i clicked this thread because i believe soon i will be driving my own car. click like for goodluck if you feel the same way. cheesy

1 Like

Re: 5 Vehicle Parts That Are Easily Damaged By Potholes by GreenArrow1(m): 12:24pm On Mar 19, 2018
uuzba:

Kukuma go for this.

Hahaha. Or on a cheaper note, I'd just buy a Nissan Xterra (2004) and have peace of mind bad road-wise.
Re: 5 Vehicle Parts That Are Easily Damaged By Potholes by EagleScribes: 2:32pm On Mar 19, 2018
erico2k2:

yes nah, so U dnt know
my friend had 1st hand xperience
he went for oil change, and his car had upgraded wiper
he got in a bad hole on the road that shokle him bad, wen he got home he could not find his wipers,
Now what removed it, hole or kazeeem> grin grin grin grin we still dey wait!

Lol
Re: 5 Vehicle Parts That Are Easily Damaged By Potholes by FrancisAdl(m): 2:59pm On Mar 19, 2018
GreenArrow1:

Hahaha. Or on a cheaper note, I'd just buy a Nissan Xterra (2004) and have peace of mind bad road-wise.

Very problematic model
Re: 5 Vehicle Parts That Are Easily Damaged By Potholes by GreenArrow1(m): 4:15pm On Mar 19, 2018
FrancisAdl:

Very problematic model

Sure? I thought the 2004 was the least problematic (from discussions in car talk section) for the range of 2000 to 2006 models.
Re: 5 Vehicle Parts That Are Easily Damaged By Potholes by valarinz: 8:49pm On Mar 19, 2018
python1:

The topic says potholes. Do potholes destroy radiators?

Yes they do.

Note he said "cars", meaning all cars and not just your favorite Japanese models. As a matter of fact potholes are the number one causes of radiator failures in Volvo cars

Tnx
Re: 5 Vehicle Parts That Are Easily Damaged By Potholes by diportivo: 8:55pm On Mar 19, 2018
FrancisAdl:

Very problematic model

I drive one

do u?

if yes,kindly share how it's problematic

we are waiting undecided
Re: 5 Vehicle Parts That Are Easily Damaged By Potholes by valarinz: 9:01pm On Mar 19, 2018
cyborg123:

Please give more details.

Does your car radiator shoot out below your car frame?

What type and model of car do you drive.
[quot
JoaquinElChapo:
ronaldbecky:
Oga,D car no get name
author=EagleScribes post=65960190]Very soon, person go talk say potholes dey affect hin wiper and plugs tongue[/quote]

You guys should stop mocking him for stating what he experienced on his car, not everyone drives a Japanese car

I deal mainly on Volvo cars from 2000 model above and I want to inform you guys that potholes are even a bigger threat to radiator on these cars than they are to the shock absorbers

The radiator has two plastic compartments on each side and engine oil and gear oil pass through these plastics. Once you hit the radiator on a pothole from beneath, the impact breaks those plastics then that's the end of your journey

Let's mock and bully people lesser on this forum when they air their opinion pls, it's getting nauseating

Tnx

(1) (2) (Reply)

Bad Roads Made Sales At Nigeria's Largest Auto Market To Drop By 92% (PHOTOS) / 5 Mechanical Practices Every Car Owner Must Avoid / Toyota To Unveil The New RAV4 At The New York Auto Show

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.