Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,262 members, 7,807,900 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:10 PM

Nigeria to Europe through the desert-A true life story - Literature (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Nigeria to Europe through the desert-A true life story (129376 Views)

Nigeria to Europe through the desert-A true life story / Nigeria to Europe through the desert-A true life story / Showers Of Mercy - True Life Story (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria to Europe through the desert-A true life story by gaby(m): 6:06pm On Mar 21, 2018
Galacious1:
Just the right motivation for my book. Thanks, op.

Always welcome
Re: Nigeria to Europe through the desert-A true life story by konfused: 6:06pm On Mar 21, 2018
Wow, this the first time I am reading a first hand story of those that dare to trek to Europe.

Kudos to you @OP for your reslilence.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria to Europe through the desert-A true life story by gaby(m): 6:25pm On Mar 21, 2018
konfused:
Wow, this the first time I am reading a first hand story of those that dare to trek to Europe.

Kudos to you @OP for your reslilence.

Thanks bro
Re: Nigeria to Europe through the desert-A true life story by Nobody: 7:00pm On Mar 21, 2018
Sir, I need a little clarification.

Are you saying you can get into Spain without crossing the Ocean through a high wall? I had to get a map but didn't see how this is possible.

Could you shed more light?
Re: Nigeria to Europe through the desert-A true life story by Nobody: 7:18pm On Mar 21, 2018
Gaby come and answer, boss please we still need you here abeg no embark on journey of no return
DrWise:

Are you saying you can get into Spain without crossing the Ocean through a high wall? I had to get a map but didn't see how this is possible.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria to Europe through the desert-A true life story by gaby(m): 7:21pm On Mar 21, 2018
DrWise:

There are 2 Spanish enclaves on mainland Morocco which you wont need to cross the ocean or sea to get into.Once you are there you are on European soil.You can drive through the gates with a schengen visa or any other.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria to Europe through the desert-A true life story by gaby(m): 7:24pm On Mar 21, 2018
DonPiiko:
Gaby come and answer, boss please we still need you here abeg no embark on journey of no return

grin grin grin grin

There's a journey of yes return too

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria to Europe through the desert-A true life story by EvilChild: 8:49pm On Mar 21, 2018
Cos of this shit you went through you are feeling like commando?
What a lazy kiddo.
Should we all start sharing our story of how many people we killed and how we escaped death to get to where we are now? How we slept inside a coffin for 3days? How we drank tea blood of cows? How we ate our raw poo?
Please take a seat!

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria to Europe through the desert-A true life story by Bsideboi(m): 8:56pm On Mar 21, 2018
gaby:

grin grin grin grin

There's a journey of yes return too
Oga Gaby you can link up to some nollywood movie producers such as Kunle Afolayan,Omoni Oboli and the likes you can easily drop them a DM on Instagram with a link to this thread and hopefully they should book a face to face with you....trust me.This story will be a classic with sponsorship from government Agencies such as NAPTIP etc. let's start from here.

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria to Europe through the desert-A true life story by Bsideboi(m): 8:57pm On Mar 21, 2018
EvilChild:
What a lazy kiddo.
Should we all start sharing our story of how many people we killed and how we escaped death to get to where we are now? How we slept inside a coffin for 3days? How we drank tea blood of cows? How we ate our raw poo?
Please take a seat!
Please share I'm sure nairalanders wouldn't mind

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria to Europe through the desert-A true life story by gaby(m): 8:59pm On Mar 21, 2018
Bsideboi:
Oga Gaby you can link up to some nollywood movie producers such as Kunle Afolayan,Omoni Oboli and the likes you can easily drop them a DM on Instagram with a link to this thread and hopefully they should book a face to face with you....trust me.This story will be a classic with sponsorship from government Agencies such as NAPTIP etc. let's start from here.

Thanks mate been trynna reach out to NAPTIP and the likes though.I been wan even contact our Governor office.

14 Likes

Re: Nigeria to Europe through the desert-A true life story by EvilChild: 9:09pm On Mar 21, 2018
Bsideboi:
Please share I'm sure nairalanders wouldn't mind
Go get something serious doing with your life mofo.
All you do all day is come to nairaland to read stories and fight for ftc, is that how you gonna make it in life?
When I was your age I was about taking my first trip to Angola, FYI that trip fetched me 9Million naira and I should be 22 years old by then..
This earth ain't for the soft hearted, lazy mofo

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria to Europe through the desert-A true life story by Nobody: 9:25pm On Mar 21, 2018
You are very rude and mean, you can see on his profile that he is a business man, I believe he is here to promote what he does. Please make your words kinder, you are quite aggressive
EvilChild:

All you do all day is come to nairaland to read stories and fight for ftc, is that how you gonna make it in life?
When I was your age I was about taking my first trip to Angola, FYI that trip fetched me 9Million naira and I should be 22 years old by then..

44 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Nigeria to Europe through the desert-A true life story by Bsideboi(m): 10:01pm On Mar 21, 2018
EvilChild:

Congrats Mr hard heart abi helmet sef.Enjoy yourself grin

29 Likes

Re: Nigeria to Europe through the desert-A true life story by Boomboost(m): 10:01pm On Mar 21, 2018
Woah, good thread Big brother.

No worries, life is about to surprise you in a good way. Remember Jesus is the way...

I'm still here sha...
Re: Nigeria to Europe through the desert-A true life story by toprealman: 11:11pm On Mar 21, 2018
gaby:
So much to tell and say yet not sure how to go.Like i mentioned in one of my earlier posts,i had it all and subsequently lost it all with no regrets for the records because all i had accumulated weren't truly ever mine.Purely proceeds of crime and i'm happy i got to this stage where i had to pay for the consequences of my actions.

I chosed to live away from crime and focus on earning my worths legally and to say it's been tough will be putting it in the mildest of forms.You can imagine being all up there losing it all and having to start all over afresh , but i remain resilient not minding the sliding into depression sometimes but i'm keeping my head up.

At the moment i get by hustling with a construction firm not working right now though,and doing one or two buying and selling on the side and wouldn't mind getting fixed up to keep me going.I'm pretty well versatile and a fast learner trust me.

I'm looking at learning a particular trade i've got my eye on but still (lack of sufficient cash factor).

If theres any way anyone can get me linked up to monetize my story to give myself a head start at reinventing myself and keeping legal i'll appreciate it.

I'm straight up legal and original no time for faking it.

I can help you swell your story to a global audience. send your digits to any of my old comment
Re: Nigeria to Europe through the desert-A true life story by omolomolarinero: 11:47pm On Mar 21, 2018
Gaby, I need to hear how you got to Amsterdam
Re: Nigeria to Europe through the desert-A true life story by Nobody: 3:30am On Mar 22, 2018
DonPiiko:

Bros, I no fit use leg go Europe. Not possible.

6 Likes

Re: Nigeria to Europe through the desert-A true life story by videoitlimited: 3:31am On Mar 22, 2018
You may also put the adventure on aTV show.
Meanwhile,.we recommend Blackmagic Design Decklink Studio 4k for TV stations,studio,churches etc.
It is just appropriate.

Call 070 3184 3869
Re: Nigeria to Europe through the desert-A true life story by Nobody: 3:31am On Mar 22, 2018
gaby:

There are 2 Spanish enclaves on mainland Morocco which you wont need to cross the ocean or sea to get into.Once you are there you are on European soil.You can drive through the gates with a schengen visa or any other.

Thanks Gaby. More grace.
Re: Nigeria to Europe through the desert-A true life story by emmabest2000(m): 5:20am On Mar 22, 2018
EvilChild:
What a lazy kiddo.
Please take a seat!

36 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigeria to Europe through the desert-A true life story by gaby(m): 6:42am On Mar 22, 2018
Boomboost:
Woah, good thread Big brother.

No worries, life is about to surprise you in a good way. Remember Jesus is the way...

I'm still here sha...

Amen and thanks.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria to Europe through the desert-A true life story by gaby(m): 6:44am On Mar 22, 2018
toprealman:
I can help you swell your story to a global audience. send your digits to any of my old comment

Digit on my profile
Re: Nigeria to Europe through the desert-A true life story by gaby(m): 6:44am On Mar 22, 2018
omolomolarinero:
Gaby, I need to hear how you got to Amsterdam

Story for another day
Re: Nigeria to Europe through the desert-A true life story by gaby(m): 6:46am On Mar 22, 2018
DrWise:

Thanks Gaby. More grace.

You are welcome bro
Re: Nigeria to Europe through the desert-A true life story by gaby(m): 8:11am On Mar 22, 2018
Before we set off into Niger we had been advised on the need to hide our monies properly because of robbers.

So we resorted to folding the bills to the size of a tampon wrap in a nylon and insert into our assholes grin straight up it gets sucked in and buried in your belly.

Whenever you'll need to defecate always remember not to forget you are about to log into your bank account. So at every poo time you get to fiddle with your poo,wash and reinsert. If you need to buy or pay for something,you poo,fiddle to reach your bank,make withdrawal,re wrap and return balance to account.

All the dollars for there dey smell so so shit..lol

134 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Nigeria to Europe through the desert-A true life story by Nobody: 8:38am On Mar 22, 2018
gaby:
Before we set off into Niger we've been advised on the need to hide our monies properly because of robbers.

So we resorted to folding the bills to the size of a tampon wrap in a nylon and insert into our assholes grin straight up it gets sucked in and buried in your belly.

Whenever you'll need to defecate always remember not to forget you are about to log into your bank account. So at every poo time you get to fiddle with your poo,wash and reinsert. If you need to buy or pay for something,you poo,fiddle to reach your bank,make withdrawal,re wrap and return balance to account.

All the dollars for there dey smell so so shit..lol

Jesus!

When it is not cocaine? To what end?

See self inflicted pain!

13 Likes

Re: Nigeria to Europe through the desert-A true life story by gaby(m): 9:08am On Mar 22, 2018
DrWise:

Jesus!

When it is not cocaine? To what end?

See self inflicted pain!

Not painful actually if you know the size of a tampon and in comparison to the average size of a strong "kaka" that travels through there on a daily.

Considering what a life line that money is at that point in time,not sure it'll actually be wrong to term it a "cocaine" in the desert.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria to Europe through the desert-A true life story by gaby(m): 9:16am On Mar 22, 2018
There's a point and place in the Sahara desert called Asamaka we fondly nicknamed 7 kilometres to hell fire due to the fiery heat as a result of the altitude there.Everyone prays not to get a break-down there if not na sorry.

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria to Europe through the desert-A true life story by mediclife1987(m): 9:32am On Mar 22, 2018
Cutehector:
Chai but why una too do illegal immigration na.. E no good.

The suffering is too much there I tell you, a medical doctor makes a paltry 120k for working 24hrs every single day of the month.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria to Europe through the desert-A true life story by ijechikky(f): 9:36am On Mar 22, 2018
gaby:
There's a point and place in the Sahara desert called Asamaka we fondly nickname 7 kilometres to hell fire due to the fiery heat as a result of the altitude there.Everyone prays not to get a break-down there if not na sorry.
i no fit shout,, if theres a break down nko?
Re: Nigeria to Europe through the desert-A true life story by dexcira(f): 9:36am On Mar 22, 2018
gaby:
On one cool friday morning in August of 1999 at about 4 am i felt a nudge to wake up,grudgingly looked up to be sure i wasn't in a dream and no i wasn't.It was my dad urging me to wake up and get ready to wake up and get dressed.I wasn't feeling really up to going with him to his engineering work at Apapa as has come to be the norm sometimes,but i reluctantly stretchered up and got set so we headed out from our base in Oshodi en route Apapa to beat the rush hour traffic.

We got to the office and everyone was hailing,oga you bring smallie come work today? Dad answered in the affirmative,got into my dad's office and was about changing into my coverall when he stopped me in my track to hold on as we had go somewhere down the road first to which i complied.

We stepped out of the office complex and walked down about 500 metres and he made a detour in to a big complex where i saw written boldly "All States Trust Bank". We got in and my dad asked me to fill out a withdrawal form and told me to write one hundred and fifty thousand naira only and to boot he specifically mentioned he was clearing out his account. Wanted to ask him why but thought to keep mute until we got back to the office.

The idea about travelling was actually sold to me by my then Benin girlfriend seeing how things stood with me and the burden lurking around to be borne by me.She had told me her mum has helped a couple of people travel out and will put in a word for me to see how we can make it happen.I concurred and she informed a couple of days later that she had spoken to her mum and she was okay with it but i needed to go see her mum in Benin city.

When i got to benin i was well received and promised to be sorted out and the plan to get a visa began in earnest. She called one of her contacts who said he had a Russian or Bulgarian Visa but the amount he requested was on the up so we declined. After a while mummy came up with a plan seeing she wasn't financially liquid at that point in time to get my dad on the arrangement and see how much we can get from him.She said to go back to Lagos and tell dad about my travelling plans and to also make him call her so she can further convince and assure him if in doubt.

So i headed back to Lagos, met dad and briefed him on my plans. The idea was to tell him Mummy was assisting with some cash but he needs to support with some amount in the range of two hundred thousand.Mummy had come up with this plan seeing how securing a visa might be a problem owing to the lack of enough funds and hatched a plan B which was to make the journey on land through the desert europe-wards. She had a couple of confirmable successful voyeurs through same route as earlier as a week prior,people who had made the trip and gotten into Spain within a month.

Daddy and i got to the office and he told me my son,you saw i just cleared my account and this money is for your proposed trip. God will help me take care of your remaining nine siblings.I was to leave back to Benin the next day been saturday to deliver the money to mummy and dad thought it wise to accompany me for extra security and to also get to meet my new found helper.

We set out early the next morning,with just a back pack where i kept the Three bundles of 50# notes totalling a hundred and fifty thousand naira. Saw my bestie in front of his house and told him i was coming he couldn't have guessed what or where i was upto.You know how such moves and trips are supposed to be kept under wraps so the enemies wouldn't scuttle it..lol

Arrived benin safely while all through the trip i had to continuously answer in the affirmative to daddy's question of if i could feel the money in the bag which i was holding firmly to ( life-line).My dad met mummy they got acquainted and handed over the money,he headed back to Lagos while i stayed behind and that was the last time i would see my siblings,friends and entire family without a proper goodbye. (Just imagine if i had died.)

So i was with mummy for a couple of days and then she announced that one of her cousins was fed up with his furniture work and was planning on travelling by land so she'll link me up with him and we take it from there.

I was introduced to Osagie who revelled me on how most of his guys are already there and he had just gotten off the phone with some who left 3 weeks ago and i was like wow. He told me they have directed him on where to go get maps of the different routes which he showed me and we studied the maps together and we both settled for the Katsina-Niger route since that was the route the last guys travelled on instead of through Cotonou-Mali et al.

So we started prepping in anticipation.Mummy gave me some money to go change to dollars got about 500$ and some money for clothings. Osagie took me to forestry road ( for those familiar with benin) i selected some fine trainers and some top notch jeans and tops trying not to appear any lesser than those black American hip hop stars we used to see on posters adorning our rooms. ( for my mind europeans go know say person just land) got a nice body lotion with perfumes to boot (how i wan take know say dem no dey baff for desert fa).

All prepped and arranged and the next day was the D-day. Osagie said to lets step out and go have our last 9ja groove with his friends who were unaware of his planned check out.We had loads to drink and chow on with both of us trying to outdo each other spending our last miserable nairas that'll soon become useless to us.

Got back home drunk and wasted mummy saw my condition and understood what it was (euphoria plus excitement).

Woke up the next morning heavily hungover and messed up but still was able to get all my stuffs together arranged my 'sharp' hip hop wear for the trip with a "nigga raw" hoodie to compliment the latest european burger in town's outfit.

The evening came since we'll be travelling by night bus to Katsina,bade our farewells and unto Aduwawa we went. Paid for the bus waited until it was loaded and we set out. We had carefully hidden our dollars in different parts of our clothings,shoes and then i wrapped a couple up in a nylond and dropped into my lotion bottle for fear of bandits and been given out to police or immigrations as potential travellers which will mean serious "obtaining".

So we journeyed in between road blocks/ checkpoints and arrived Katsina the next day.

Thanks lalasticlala for the front page.

will update soon i dey go look for work.

Tnx Gaby my 2 ques answered

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply)

The Enemy Within - A Tale Of Love, Lust And Betrayal / Authors On Okadabooks Drop Your Book Info Here / A Night That Destroyed Me.....sex Story

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.