Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,846 members, 7,802,702 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:20 PM

Comedogenic Skin: Here Are The Ingredients You Should Avoid If You Have Acne - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Comedogenic Skin: Here Are The Ingredients You Should Avoid If You Have Acne (649 Views)

U Want A Lighter Skin A Healthier Skin Here We Go / Do You Want A Flawless And Glowing Skin???? Here's Your Chance / Ladies, Tighten And Trim You Loose Skin Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Comedogenic Skin: Here Are The Ingredients You Should Avoid If You Have Acne by AMZYMAYO(m): 8:51pm On Mar 18, 2018
Acne is one of the commonest problems that is facing over 90% of the people in the world. Both males and females are facing this problem. When you have acne, the least you want to do is to aggravate the problem further. You don’t want to cause more breakout that will leave your skin with swollen, small bumps all over your face.

What is Comedogenic?

You might have probably come across non comedogenic lotions, non comedogenic face moisturizer, non comedogenic moisturizer, and so many others with the “non comedogenic” name. What is the meaning of non comedogenic?

To just put, comedogenic is used for products that clog the pores, thereby promoting the formation of acne. The least you want is to pack on your skin products that are loaded with high comedogenic oils and comedogenic ingredients.

So in this short read, we’ll go through the list of oils you can use when you have an acne prone skin, and the oils you should avoid, completely.

I must say this; the comedogenic has its ratings– the higher the score, the more pore-clogging it would be.

Comedogenic Ratings at a Glance

5 Rating – Will clog pores
4 Rating – Fairly High
3 Rating – Moderate
2 Rating – Moderately Low
1 Rating – Low probability
0 Rating – It won’t clog your pores

If you are like me with acne-prone skin, you want to do all You can to avoid 5 ratings down to 2 ratings. In fact, I’ll advise you stick with the 0 rating products.

How will I know the comedogenic ratings of a product? Good question. You see, I like creating my skin care products. And I recommend you start creating yours. But if you don’t have that time, you can conduct a patch test to determine if the cosmetic product will clog your pores or not.

I must admit, before I share the ratings with you, that I sometimes use comedogenic oils in the 1 rating and 2 Ratings. But anything outside that is a no-no for me.

So, let’s see if your favorite Oil or product makes it to the list of the red zone.

Red Flag Ingredients
Cocoa Butter
Coconut Butter
Coconut Oil
Flax Seed Oil
Linseed Oil
Palm Oil
Wheat Germ Oil

See the complete table of ingredients use can use from the link below
http://blog.mololo.org/comedogenic-ingredients/

(1) (Reply)

Insomnia (sleeplessness) / Beverages Transported By Refuse Truck In Lagos. / Russian Man Lock Im Head Inside Cage To Stop Smoking

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.