Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,884 members, 7,802,857 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:31 PM

Top Tourist Attraction And Places To Visit In Abia State - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Top Tourist Attraction And Places To Visit In Abia State (16302 Views)

Hiking Idere Hills - The New Tourist Attraction In Oyo State / Oke Maria Hilltop, Oka Akoko: The Most Popular Tourist Attraction In Ondo State / Tourist Attraction Sites In Anambra.. Places You Should Visit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Top Tourist Attraction And Places To Visit In Abia State by PenSoftCorp(m): 11:30pm On Mar 18, 2018
1. THE AZUMINI BLUE RIVER

The Azumini river is known as the blue river, it is located in Abia state close to Akwa Ibom. It is a crystal clear water that got its freshness aqua blue from the nature beauty of the grasses and trees around it. The fishes and water animals could be seen inside the water including the items at the bottom of the rivers. The beauty emanates fully when the sun shines on the river which would leave the viewers marveled. It is also surrounded by the azumini hill which provides a wonderful view to the river. This has been a major tourist attraction for visitors coming to the state.

2. Abia State National War Museum

This was established in 1985 and is located at museum road in ebite amafor in insigwu in Umuahia. This museum was setup to remind people of the aftermath of the civil war that took place in the state. it includes some of the remains of the deadly weapons that were used during the war. it contains war relics, bunkers, etc.

3. The Amakama Wooden Cave

Located in isienyi-ukwu amakama in umuahia. This wooden cave is a must see for every tourists entering abia stae. This is a strategic existence of trees in such a way that it forms a cave that the people of the isienyi-ukwu still lives there till today. the cave has been in existence for a long period of time that no one knows the history which still remains a mystery. The people of the village still believe that the cave protects them from people who try to invade them in the community. They have bags of bees around the cave that they believe protects them during the time of war and attacks their enemies.

4. The Long Juju of Arochukwu

This was a giant shrine that was used to mete out punishment to offenders in the village. the suspect would enter the shrine and swear, if found guilty the person would die immediately and the blood would flow out. Some people believe that it was a ruse as the priest would kill animals and spill the blood out, then take the person through a secret door to be sold as slaves. The shrine was destroyed in 1901 by military personnel

SOURCE: http://nigeriapostalzipcodes.com.ng/top-toursit-attraction-places-visit-abia-state/

9 Likes

Re: Top Tourist Attraction And Places To Visit In Abia State by PenSoftCorp(m): 11:32pm On Mar 18, 2018
cc: lalasticlala
Re: Top Tourist Attraction And Places To Visit In Abia State by miqos02(m): 9:37am On Mar 19, 2018
Cool
Re: Top Tourist Attraction And Places To Visit In Abia State by Ellabae(f): 9:38am On Mar 19, 2018
Cool places
Re: Top Tourist Attraction And Places To Visit In Abia State by Nobody: 9:38am On Mar 19, 2018
God's Own State

3 Likes

Re: Top Tourist Attraction And Places To Visit In Abia State by Olamiz: 9:39am On Mar 19, 2018
Nice place
Re: Top Tourist Attraction And Places To Visit In Abia State by NwaAmaikpe: 9:39am On Mar 19, 2018
shocked

I can't see the Uturu, Isikwuato gully erosion site or the unmotorable Ihechiowa-Arochukwu road there.

What better tourist attraction can there be?

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Top Tourist Attraction And Places To Visit In Abia State by BIXYBABE: 9:39am On Mar 19, 2018
I will go der next week
Re: Top Tourist Attraction And Places To Visit In Abia State by oyetunder(m): 9:40am On Mar 19, 2018
I see. Is Nigeria a country where people are well enough to travel for such attractions? Those in charge will even steal from us to go and see foreign offers.

1 Like

Re: Top Tourist Attraction And Places To Visit In Abia State by vickysly: 9:40am On Mar 19, 2018
5.The statue
Re: Top Tourist Attraction And Places To Visit In Abia State by Nobody: 9:44am On Mar 19, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

I can't see the Uturu, Isikwuato gully erosion site or the unmotorable Ihechiowa-Arochukwu road there.

talk your rubbish

3 Likes

Re: Top Tourist Attraction And Places To Visit In Abia State by NOC1(m): 9:44am On Mar 19, 2018
if Nigeria was a planned country with visionary leaders, revenue generated from tourist sites would have been funding at-least 10% of our budget.
Re: Top Tourist Attraction And Places To Visit In Abia State by samuelchimmy(m): 9:44am On Mar 19, 2018
Nice river

1 Like

Re: Top Tourist Attraction And Places To Visit In Abia State by engrobidigbo: 9:49am On Mar 19, 2018
Did i just hear you say tourist attraction in ABIA State?

Hmmm....

Well, i heard Osisikanku is dead.... but his MANHOOD LIVES ON

Anyone going to Abia state on tourism should sign his will 1st... undecided

N/B....i'm from Abia state

2 Likes

Re: Top Tourist Attraction And Places To Visit In Abia State by Ttipsy(f): 9:50am On Mar 19, 2018
Good
the governor should improve the infrastructure in the state esp Aba.

1 Like

Re: Top Tourist Attraction And Places To Visit In Abia State by Doerstech(m): 9:51am On Mar 19, 2018
My State KWA......You forgot to Add "Ariaria Intl Market" the shoe makers section
Re: Top Tourist Attraction And Places To Visit In Abia State by eleko1: 9:52am On Mar 19, 2018
sad sad lipsrsealed sad kanu grave nkoh
Re: Top Tourist Attraction And Places To Visit In Abia State by BiafraIShere(m): 9:52am On Mar 19, 2018
Beautiful tourist attractions.
Re: Top Tourist Attraction And Places To Visit In Abia State by Mechette(m): 9:53am On Mar 19, 2018
Am just passing..... Surprise to see this rubbish post this early momo.
Re: Top Tourist Attraction And Places To Visit In Abia State by free2ryhme: 9:54am On Mar 19, 2018
PenSoftCorp:
1. THE AZUMINI BLUE RIVER

The Azumini river is known as the blue river, it is located in Abia state close to Akwa Ibom. It is a crystal clear water that got its freshness aqua blue from the nature beauty of the grasses and trees around it. The fishes and water animals could be seen inside the water including the items at the bottom of the rivers. The beauty emanates fully when the sun shines on the river which would leave the viewers marveled. It is also surrounded by the azumini hill which provides a wonderful view to the river. This has been a major tourist attraction for visitors coming to the state.

2. Abia State National War Museum

This was established in 1985 and is located at museum road in ebite amafor in insigwu in Umuahia. This museum was setup to remind people of the aftermath of the civil war that took place in the state. it includes some of the remains of the deadly weapons that were used during the war. it contains war relics, bunkers, etc.

3. The Amakama Wooden Cave

Located in isienyi-ukwu amakama in umuahia. This wooden cave is a must see for every tourists entering abia stae. This is a strategic existence of trees in such a way that it forms a cave that the people of the isienyi-ukwu still lives there till today. the cave has been in existence for a long period of time that no one knows the history which still remains a mystery. The people of the village still believe that the cave protects them from people who try to invade them in the community. They have bags of bees around the cave that they believe protects them during the time of war and attacks their enemies.

4. The Long Juju of Arochukwu

This was a giant shrine that was used to mete out punishment to offenders in the village. the suspect would enter the shrine and swear, if found guilty the person would die immediately and the blood would flow out. Some people believe that it was a ruse as the priest would kill animals and spill the blood out, then take the person through a secret door to be sold as slaves. The shrine was destroyed in 1901 by military personnel

SOURCE: http://nigeriapostalzipcodes.com.ng/top-toursit-attraction-places-visit-abia-state/

why una no dey ever take better pic for una place. Abi better photographers no dey east again? Even with smart phones with high camera pixel una still no wan do normal.

Wetin una dey hide wey una no wan make people see abi una wan use tourist do blood money

make una take better picture with high resolution, abeg

3 Likes

Re: Top Tourist Attraction And Places To Visit In Abia State by Nobody: 9:55am On Mar 19, 2018
I never knew foreign type of river is in Nigeria. I thought it was only brown Rivers we have. Abia is God's own state.

4 Likes

Re: Top Tourist Attraction And Places To Visit In Abia State by Doerstech(m): 9:55am On Mar 19, 2018
engrobidigbo:

Hmmm....

Sign HIS WILL KWA? meaning?

Re: Top Tourist Attraction And Places To Visit In Abia State by PLATO1U(m): 9:56am On Mar 19, 2018
Tourists visiting abia state will surely get value for their money.Ojukwu Bunker and General Aguiyi Ironsi Compound are also nice places to visit in Abia State.

3 Likes

Re: Top Tourist Attraction And Places To Visit In Abia State by engrobidigbo: 9:57am On Mar 19, 2018
Doerstech:

Sign HIS WILL KWA? meaning?

yes na!!! Abia state criminalizzed kidnapping....

When our Niger delta brothers were kidnapping, the kidnapees were been fed chicken and burger and Mr Biggs rice.....

But when our york and columbia boys from abia entered the game, nwanne, they started feeding people with koboko...3times a day.....tie you to trees, blindfold u for days before your release from captivity..... and sometimes, still kill the victim after collecting huge ransom....

If you like bro, go and try your luck tongue

1 Like

Re: Top Tourist Attraction And Places To Visit In Abia State by BiafraIShere(m): 9:57am On Mar 19, 2018
engrobidigbo:

Hmmm....

How many states in Nigeria today are more safe than Abia state? If indeed you are from Abia state then shame on you.
Lagos with all the killings by Badoo and other cultists. What about kidnappings and ritual killings ravaging Lagos and the rest of the SW? Are people no longer going to those places? What about Northern states reeling from a combo of Boko Haram killings and kidnappings as well as herdsmen killings and maiming?? What about ND with ongoing violence in Rivers, Bayelsa etc??
Is it not approaching a decade since osisikankwu was killed?
Ahu odikwa gi? Nna, ndi muru gi gba aka nwa cry

Op, you didn't add the enchanting Okigwe rolling hills close to Okigwe?
N/B I'm from Imo State.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Top Tourist Attraction And Places To Visit In Abia State by 8stargeneral: 9:58am On Mar 19, 2018
Wht of port Harcourt road in aba,why not included

1 Like

Re: Top Tourist Attraction And Places To Visit In Abia State by engrobidigbo: 10:00am On Mar 19, 2018
8stargeneral:
Wht of port Harcourt road in aba,why not included

Very good tourist attraction indeed grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Top Tourist Attraction And Places To Visit In Abia State by engrobidigbo: 10:03am On Mar 19, 2018
BiafraIShere:
How many states in Nigeria today are more safe than Abia state? If indeed you are from Abia state then shame on you.

N/B I'm from Imo State.

shame on u too for celebrating mediocrity... tongue tongue tongue undecided undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Top Tourist Attraction And Places To Visit In Abia State by debolayinka(m): 10:07am On Mar 19, 2018
How does that reduce poverty in the state?

Abeg, talk something else.

Re: Top Tourist Attraction And Places To Visit In Abia State by Aboguede(m): 10:15am On Mar 19, 2018
Negativity is a desease! It is like a dark web that blocks every sign of light. Countinue your desent to abise

NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

(1) (2) (Reply)

Loaded Tanker Falls At Abule Ado Satellite Town Lagos / Trailer Catches Fire Along Ikorodu Road / Driving From Abuja To Jos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.