Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,916 members, 7,806,663 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:15 PM

PDP Descending Into A Party Of Shame, Says Orubebe - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP Descending Into A Party Of Shame, Says Orubebe (15152 Views)

Femi Fani-Kayode & Orubebe Visit Goodluck Jonathan (Photos) / Defection: APC Rejects Godsday Orubebe / On This Day: Two Years Ago, Orubebe. The Man Who Saw Tomorrow (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

PDP Descending Into A Party Of Shame, Says Orubebe by odiks: 5:59am On Mar 19, 2018
A Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) chieftain and former Minister of Niger Delta Affairs Godsday Orubebe, has urged the party to embrace urgent reforms to prevent its demise.

He lamented that the PDP “is still lost in depression and suffering from a Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD), adding that the platform had crossed the bridge from pride to shame.”

Orubebe noted that imposition, impunity, arrogance and greed were responsible for the party’s electoral defeat in 2015, stressing that the crisis rocking the platform was compounded by the mishandling of its last national convention.

The party stalwart, who caused a stir during the collation of the 2015 presidential election results by the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) in Abuja, said the PDP would need vigour, courage and sustainable ideas to bounce back to reckoning.

In an open letter to the PDP National Chairman, Prince Uche Secondus, published in this edition, the former minister said the party must accept that it made mistakes while in power for 16 years.

Chiding the party for not living up to expectation as a leading opposition platform, he said: “We have gone from a PARTY of Pride to a PARTY of SHAME and Gradually Receding into the ABYSS of political reality. For the simple reason that the nation is witnessing calls for the rise of a “third force,” we are fast becoming a Shadow of Ourselves.”

In Orubebe’s reckoning, the PDP had regressed to the same imposition, impunity, arrogance and greed that heralded its electoral misfortune, adding that its leaders are not building a culture of democratic representation.

Referring to the domineering role of the PDP governors, he said “the party is gradually coming under the control of certain individuals, who are exhibiting dangerous levels of undemocratic behaviours.”

The former minister said unless the grandstanding and imposition gave way to a healthy competition, the party could avert a looming doom.

He said the party should be liberated from the jaw of its exclusive funders, who have held it hostage.

Orubebe said: One of the biggest challenges that the PDP faces is balancing its needs for funding with established egalitarian values and internal systems. If the party continues to be held hostage by few major donors, it will continue to find it difficult to instil the values that will endear us Nigerians.

“We must take our appeal to Nigerians and through our reforms, let the party truly become a people-funded party. Small donations from millions of Nigerians will go a long way in the party’s financial requirements and will create the necessary atmosphere for true ownership among members of the party.”

Urging the party leadership to embrace reforms, Orubebe said the leadership should re-organise to break down the silos of loyalty and allegiance within the party.

He added: “It is my expectation that the necessary reforms will be put in place before it is too late to salvage what we have left.”

http://thenationonlineng.net/pdp-descending-party-shame-says-orubebe/

1 Like

Re: PDP Descending Into A Party Of Shame, Says Orubebe by johnpaul1101(m): 6:01am On Mar 19, 2018
No be today
Re: PDP Descending Into A Party Of Shame, Says Orubebe by omowolewa: 6:03am On Mar 19, 2018
SDP ascending to party of choice. Defection loading

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Descending Into A Party Of Shame, Says Orubebe by blackpanda: 6:06am On Mar 19, 2018
Sai baba till kingdom come grin cheesy

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: PDP Descending Into A Party Of Shame, Says Orubebe by Homeboiy: 6:10am On Mar 19, 2018
We will not take it grin

41 Likes 4 Shares

Re: PDP Descending Into A Party Of Shame, Says Orubebe by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:20am On Mar 19, 2018
ORUBEBE: The Most Shameless 'living' Nigerian!
National Disgrace!!

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: PDP Descending Into A Party Of Shame, Says Orubebe by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:20am On Mar 19, 2018
Homeboiy:
We will not take it grin
Find the meme bro.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Descending Into A Party Of Shame, Says Orubebe by Homeboiy: 6:21am On Mar 19, 2018
post=65959367:

Find the meme bro.

Lol help me find am bro

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: PDP Descending Into A Party Of Shame, Says Orubebe by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:25am On Mar 19, 2018
Homeboiy:

Lol help me find am bro
Lol, Oya take it......

51 Likes 6 Shares

Re: PDP Descending Into A Party Of Shame, Says Orubebe by QuotaSystem: 6:26am On Mar 19, 2018
Good morning Oru-babble.

This table you're shaking has wailing hearts arranged on top o...dey wee nor take it!

Wake your wailing piglets to this reality before they organise a mass suicide when PMB wins again next year.

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: PDP Descending Into A Party Of Shame, Says Orubebe by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:27am On Mar 19, 2018
QuotaSystem:
Good morning Oru-babble.

Wake your wailing piglets to this reality before they organise a mass suicide when PMB wins again next year.
True talk...

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Descending Into A Party Of Shame, Says Orubebe by python1: 6:29am On Mar 19, 2018
Some cursed wandering antelopes from Uganda will now take on orubebe grin grin

Them right now,

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Descending Into A Party Of Shame, Says Orubebe by dedonfranco(m): 6:30am On Mar 19, 2018
Wike is funding PDP with Rivers state, PDP will continue to suffer.

11 Likes

Re: PDP Descending Into A Party Of Shame, Says Orubebe by tayebest(m): 6:31am On Mar 19, 2018
blackpanda:
Sai baba till kingdom come grin cheesy

you wey sabi! cheesy

Buhari till PDP scatter finish! grin grin

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: PDP Descending Into A Party Of Shame, Says Orubebe by Homeboiy: 6:35am On Mar 19, 2018
post=65959411:

Lol, Oya take it......

Hahahaha

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Descending Into A Party Of Shame, Says Orubebe by tayebest(m): 6:36am On Mar 19, 2018
python1:

Them right now,

Orubebe is a clown, a thug in lout clothing. he talk with both side of his mouth. we will not take it.

grin grin grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Descending Into A Party Of Shame, Says Orubebe by QuotaSystem: 6:36am On Mar 19, 2018
dedonfranco:
Wick is funding PDP with Rivers state, PDP will continue to suffer.

Ironically this is the same Rivers state Jonadaft_nians were wailing that Ameachi was using to fund the APC, but the hypocrites will be silent as a dead mouse since it's now their Wike-d cultist in chief that is looting Rivers State to fund the dead PDP.

PDP is a party of liars, cheats, looters and hypocrites.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PDP Descending Into A Party Of Shame, Says Orubebe by madridguy(m): 6:37am On Mar 19, 2018
grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: PDP Descending Into A Party Of Shame, Says Orubebe by GMbuharii: 6:38am On Mar 19, 2018
python1:

Them right now,

hmmm,you must one of them,certainly.
grin
C.W.A
grin

2 Likes

Re: PDP Descending Into A Party Of Shame, Says Orubebe by python1: 6:44am On Mar 19, 2018
QuotaSystem:

Ironically this is the same Rivers state Jonathan-nians were wailing that Ameachi was using to fund the APC, but the hypocrites will be silent as a dead mouse since it's now their Wike-d cultist in chief that is looting Rivers State to fund the dead PDP.

PDP is a party of liars, cheats, looters and hypocrites.
The insecure elements would have tagged 1000 monikers on this thread if it were what they want to see but you will not see anyone being tagged here either by me or anyone else for whatsoever reason.

Them viewing this thread now grin grin

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Descending Into A Party Of Shame, Says Orubebe by Firstpage: 6:45am On Mar 19, 2018
PDP has always been a shame. A party that plundered the wealth of this country for 16 years with nothing to show for it.

This is the same party osus want to die for because of their unquenchable thirst for stealing.

Pigs were happy when wike was imposing his candidates and pushing Yorubas out of the party. They thought they could spite Yoruba with their dead party. This is coming from someone in the know. He knows the party is buried with wike and his Ugandan minions he imposed on the party.

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: PDP Descending Into A Party Of Shame, Says Orubebe by GMbuharii: 6:48am On Mar 19, 2018
python1:

The insecure elements would have tagged 1000 monikers on this thread if it were what they want to see but you will see anyone being tagged here either by me or anyone else for whatsoever reason.

big CWA from U.

grin

3 Likes

Re: PDP Descending Into A Party Of Shame, Says Orubebe by idealogical: 6:49am On Mar 19, 2018
PDP as a political party is a money, looting and stealing party and they cannot stay glued together without money to loot and share.

Lack of access to public funds to loot is driving them crazy.

grin grin

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Descending Into A Party Of Shame, Says Orubebe by QuotaSystem: 6:54am On Mar 19, 2018
python1:

The insecure elements would have tagged 1000 monikers on this thread if it were what they want to see but you will see anyone being tagged here either by me or anyone else for whatsoever reason.

I've learnt to ignore their stalking mentions.

Orubabble himself has finally admitted that the fundamental problems with their corrupt party are imposition, impunity, arrogance and greed.

Yet wailers are trying to fool Nigerians by repackaging the useless and failed party as the best thing since sliced bread.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: PDP Descending Into A Party Of Shame, Says Orubebe by python1: 6:55am On Mar 19, 2018
GMbuharii:

big CWA from U.

grin
Since you are ashame of following me being one of my diehard fans, I will advise you to still go the hard way back to my profile and check my most recent posts, trust me, you will feed fat from them. grin grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Descending Into A Party Of Shame, Says Orubebe by GMbuharii: 7:21am On Mar 19, 2018
Pdp shud get and put their acts and house together and in order

python1:

Since you are ashame of following me being one of my diehard fans, I will advise you to still go the hard way back to my profile and check my most recent posts, trust me, you will feed fat from them. grin grin

CWA is pained grin

CW grin
grin
Re: PDP Descending Into A Party Of Shame, Says Orubebe by python1: 7:28am On Mar 19, 2018
GMbuharii:
Pdp shud get and put their acts and house together and in order

CWA is pained grin

Now remove the 'A' and replace with that round vowel,and put in the middle,between C an W grin
grin
Okay, I can see you have many ways of coding your creation, such a nice way though. Now modify your post and report me for derailing, abi no be the plan be dat?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Descending Into A Party Of Shame, Says Orubebe by Pavore9: 7:38am On Mar 19, 2018
PDP has lost the capacity of being an effective opposition.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Descending Into A Party Of Shame, Says Orubebe by tizzle(m): 7:54am On Mar 19, 2018
Always lamenting

3 Likes

Re: PDP Descending Into A Party Of Shame, Says Orubebe by Nobody: 7:55am On Mar 19, 2018
grin grin

We will not take it

1 Like

Re: PDP Descending Into A Party Of Shame, Says Orubebe by kam1992: 7:56am On Mar 19, 2018

(1) (2) (Reply)

Chuks Ibegbu: IPOB's Sit-At-Home Doesn't Affect Buhari Or FG But Igbos / Nasarawa Government Signs MoU With Russian Firm On Abuja-Keffi Rail Line / Faleke, FCT Minister Hold Tinubu/Shetima Rally In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.