Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,283 members, 7,807,953 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:52 PM

My Aero-journal - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / My Aero-journal (2839 Views)

Trading Journal / How To Publish Your Academic Article On High Impact Factor International Journal / Aero-archive (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Aero-journal by okikiosibodu(m): 9:14pm On Mar 20, 2018
[quote author=mzhorlah post=65993298][/quote]

I just checked again, nothing in my mail. Will send you a PM
Re: My Aero-journal by mzhorlah(f): 9:24pm On Mar 20, 2018
okikiosibodu:
I just checked again, nothing in my mail. Will send you a PM
oh,thanks
Re: My Aero-journal by okikiosibodu(m): 5:52pm On Jun 05, 2018

1 Like

Re: My Aero-journal by okikiosibodu(m): 2:51am On Jun 26, 2018
Stay true to a course

Re: My Aero-journal by okikiosibodu(m): 2:52am On Jun 26, 2018
Some nice wallpapers

Re: My Aero-journal by okikiosibodu(m): 2:55am On Jun 26, 2018
I notified my friend in IES office in Abuja. He had this excitement when I told him I spoke with prof Uche, but showed less enthusiasm when I told him about the result of the conversation. It was kind of a mixed feeling nd I couldn't comprehend what was going on. He encouraged me not to give up, and admired my courage for being so persistent on pushing calls through to him day in day out.
Many conversations took place between me and my IES friend when he opened up to me one day, that prof Uche was a very influential person in the organization as a chief consultant, and was really wondering why he didn't help me out. Reconnaissancing on the conversation after that call, I was wondering how I didn't know I had a bug fish in my net. I tried his line some days later and about the exact thing almost took place: he tried to end the call as soon as the talk about the aviation sponsorship came up. He claimed they had spoken soared about 4 candidates to Nigerian College of Aviation Technology (NCAT), Zaria, and that it was going to get to my turn. The statement got me hurt cos I remembered vividly the person that told me about IES in the very first place said they were looking for aviationists to sponsor, and I was quite confident I was among the first 3 to apply cos you IES friend confirmed it. So I was wondering why I was not contacted.
Weeks passed again and I tried prof Uche's line but it was not going through anymore. I dropped messages via SMS it it was not deliverying. I started getting worried, nd was calling my IES friend more frequently. I noticed something about the conversation each time we talked... It was as if he wanted to tell me something but was holding back though he was having a strong urge to tell me. He said he was going I tell me something one day when the right time came and I was anxious to know what it was. A few days ago, we got talking heart to heart, and he gave me a shocker that brought mixed feelings. It was one bring joy that I knew (had its knowledge), and sorrow from that sting in the heart, of a great disappointment on something really hoped for.
He told me IES had been in a financial mess and it's issue has been in the court of law for a while now. So he said it is not something they are likely to recover from. It was painful and I almost shed tears literally cos I went mute at a time been lost I thoughts, before his repeated roars of "hello" brought me back from trance. I was grateful to him for informing about the development and being honest to me, and I figured out it was what he had been holding back on telling me.
I was sad for days afterwards. But happy to get the knowledge.
Re: My Aero-journal by okikiosibodu(m): 3:03am On Jun 26, 2018
Re: My Aero-journal by okikiosibodu(m): 3:04am On Jun 26, 2018
Re: My Aero-journal by okikiosibodu(m): 3:04am On Jun 26, 2018
Re: My Aero-journal by okikiosibodu(m): 8:28am On Nov 18, 2018
Re: My Aero-journal by Sugar97(f): 5:23pm On Jan 12, 2019
okikiosibodu:
I notified my friend in IES office in Abuja. He had this excitement when I told him I spoke with prof Uche, but showed less enthusiasm when I told him about the result of the conversation. It was kind of a mixed feeling nd I couldn't comprehend what was going on. He encouraged me not to give up, and admired my courage for being so persistent on pushing calls through to him day in day out.
Many conversations took place between me and my IES friend when he opened up to me one day, that prof Uche was a very influential person in the organization as a chief consultant, and was really wondering why he didn't help me out. Reconnaissancing on the conversation after that call, I was wondering how I didn't know I had a bug fish in my net. I tried his line some days later and about the exact thing almost took place: he tried to end the call as soon as the talk about the aviation sponsorship came up. He claimed they had spoken soared about 4 candidates to Nigerian College of Aviation Technology (NCAT), Zaria, and that it was going to get to my turn. The statement got me hurt cos I remembered vividly the person that told me about IES in the very first place said they were looking for aviationists to sponsor, and I was quite confident I was among the first 3 to apply cos you IES friend confirmed it. So I was wondering why I was not contacted.
Weeks passed again and I tried prof Uche's line but it was not going through anymore. I dropped messages via SMS it it was not deliverying. I started getting worried, nd was calling my IES friend more frequently. I noticed something about the conversation each time we talked... It was as if he wanted to tell me something but was holding back though he was having a strong urge to tell me. He said he was going I tell me something one day when the right time came and I was anxious to know what it was. A few days ago, we got talking heart to heart, and he gave me a shocker that brought mixed feelings. It was one bring joy that I knew (had its knowledge), and sorrow from that sting in the heart, of a great disappointment on something really hoped for.
He told me IES had been in a financial mess and it's issue has been in the court of law for a while now. So he said it is not something they are likely to recover from. It was painful and I almost shed tears literally cos I went mute at a time been lost I thoughts, before his repeated roars of "hello" brought me back from trance. I was grateful to him for informing about the development and being honest to me, and I figured out it was what he had been holding back on telling me.
I was sad for days afterwards. But happy to get the knowledge.

I'm really sorry about this.

1 Like

Re: My Aero-journal by Utchaykuku(m): 12:28am On Jan 13, 2019
following....this inspiring tho, i also face similar challenges too
Re: My Aero-journal by Utchaykuku(m): 12:32am On Jan 13, 2019
pls is their any way i culd contact you?
Re: My Aero-journal by okikiosibodu(m): 4:51pm On Jan 13, 2019
Sent you a PM. I didn't get yours.... Though Nland said you sent me one. Expecting you to get in touch. I hav been away from here for quite some time
Re: My Aero-journal by okikiosibodu(m): 5:11pm On Jan 13, 2019
@Sugar97.... Long time no see. Trust you are done with exams, and you made us proud.
I didn't actually know I didn't complete this thread, I had completed it in a book, and thought all loose ends have been knotted (eventhough I have no idea were the manuscript is grin). Let me try to wrap it up.
The bluster of "Hello" snapped me out of the imaginary world and I just couldn't believe it was d truth after the call was concluded. In my mind, I was debating as to whether it was a test to Asli knock off excess candidates or it was simply there truth. I had banked on it real much. I didn't search for jobs for I felt is won't be much to here of when I push buttons to secure a job, only to resign about two weeks later, wasting the slot,whereas there are other people that need the slot. Nonetheless, I kept in touch with my contact there and after about two months, resolved to searching for job.
The whole saga costed me a relationship of over two years though. You knw that Harry Song's line in Reggae-blues where he said "Even your boo get a boo"..... It kinda applied to me.
Art thou thy boo's boo?
She apparently was holding on to the relationship cos of my aspirations.. I was the only one in love in the relationship. I saw signs truth be told, but I didn't pay attention to them. You know that thing about making an excuse to stay even though there were several reasons to leave.... It was what was playing out. I turned blind eyes to many things and made up excused in my head even though the facts were glaring, I still didn't take them for facts. Guess she knew it and really exploited it. I don't regret the whole thing, I am just happy the thing don't click then cos I was gonna definitely father a child hat didn't belong to me without me knowing. It was something obvious . The heartbreak birth my love for canines cos it was in them I found solace, and I bonded with so many of them. I was able to understand loyalty more with them, and truthfulness. There are no bad dogs, only bad owners. A dog wil always be sincere with its feels: it's either it likes you, or otherwise. And if it doesn't like you, the difference will give you signs (growling and barking). And as far as you a good, a dog will always like you once you are accepted into its pack. A dog wil also give its life for you if need be, being a member of its pack
Re: My Aero-journal by okikiosibodu(m): 5:41pm On Jan 13, 2019
https://www.nairaland.com/3289738/diary-last-visit-dogbreath-kennel
The link above was birthed after my first encounter with some terrific and magneficient canines, after the failed relationship. Well, most of the canines are late now. But they are still very much alive in my mind. Their barks, gaits, coats, peculiar traits and so on, are still fresh in my head.
Back to the story, I started apply for job openings after about 6 months of waiting for the supposedly scholarship. Some job invited were hit, others were miss. But I made sure I learnt something to improve on and I got better at the next one. Oh, did I tell you GNLD people showed me pepper? I remember how I used to rush to the dry cleaner for laundry, with my last change cos I no longer trusted my ironing skills. Home was too boring that I didn't want to miss any chance. Only for me to get to the venue and we will all be seated and watching a tape, only to be addressed by a funny looking fellow, telling us the richest people in the world are entrepreneurs, they don't work under anyone, they are their boss, etc. Oga..... How is this related to the job opening advertised?
After spending like 2-3hrs at the venue, they'll tell us to bring about 15-20k for a so called Licence and start boring us with stories of how some people made millions with it, etc. The straw that broke the camel's back was when I went for on at Opebi and as you was entering, I was told I shld come for interview (in my mind... Who interviews you first without assessing what you have upstairs, when there are several candidates seated). I played along, and the "interviewer" was shabby in her mannerism: she'll ask you a question, interrupt you while talking, and then ask another question, only to cut you off before I can even completeba sentence. She was not even making an eye contact. I knew I was not saying trash and I was giving reasonable responses. Barely 3mins, she told me to sit with others outside. I started suspectinf foul play when a guy wore a face cap. Three quarter jeans, polo shirt and a flip flop into the venue, and was still interviewed. I knew the people were not serious. Still I played along. I agree sey my tfare and dry cleaning money don waste.... But I must see how it ends.
They whole interview session was ended and a woman called us on to address all of us and said " I am sure all of you didn't like the way it various interviewers spoke to you? That is because you have to be your boss id you are to be rich. YOU don't work under anyone.... Blah blah blah". In my mind..... Which kind wahala be this? This statement is getting familiar.
I endured about 3 excruciating hours trying to get the root of it. I just asked myself a question while sitted.l: if I am asked to summarize what has been said for about 3 hrs of staying here, what can I say? I was blank. Simply because the "interviewers" were not makin sense and they were goin back and forth. I just picked my folder containing my credentials and walked off. They were throwing polite insults at those of use walking away so as to discourage other people from leaving, but I had reached my elastic limit. I didn't care. I made up my mind never to go for any job invite again without cross checking on Nairaland. I didn't regret it though.
When I see invitea like "we are impressed by your cv and will like to invite u for a brief chat " or"based on recommendation, we'll like to invite you for an oral assessment " etc, I just smile and say in my mine.... Na dem
Re: My Aero-journal by okikiosibodu(m): 6:07pm On Jan 13, 2019
I applied for Access Bank Graduate Training, and was feeling fly for scaling through the assessment stage being a B.Sc holder, and several people with M.Sc didn't scale through that day. I was already fantasizing how to save for flight school from my salary and I was getting more excited about the job, putting in mind that Access bank is one of the highest paying banks in the country. I was soon invited for an interview with a woman downstairs and it was a one on one thing. She started asking questions up and down on why Access bank, y the banking profession,etc. I discovered she was forming questions based on my responses, and then we got to "since when have you wanted to be a banker". In my mind that questions is erroneous.. It should have been "since when have you wanted to be a banker Pilot. I knew this was a timed bomb and it needed to be detonated safely but swiftly too, so I told her since I was in 300l. I remembered my Geo 321 with course title Economic Geography ( the study of economic activities across Geographic regions: how people interact, how various regions have to interact due to complimentarity.... One side having what the other side wants and needs wat the other side has, and vice versa), I was confident I could tackle any question from that angle. Political Geography too was not a waste as its knowledge too was highly valued ( study of political influence across Geographical phenomena). I was giving the woman back to back until we got to "why didn't you apply for Banking and Finance or Economics, why Geography?". In my mind... I was like. This woman, don't let my village people use you today. I then remembered her initial question: "since when have you wanted to be a banker?". I found a way round it and told her Geography being a social science likes to study people and how they interact with one another within a region. I had opted in for Geography and my "passion" for banking was discovered in my 300 l and I took courses thatbwere relevant to it. I started mentioning various course titles up and down. I told her there knowledge of the population in a place, and the predominant land use there, can influence the siting of a bank there, and Geography through GIS can help with the best place that is central to beneficiaries there, etc. The conversation was goin on well and was sweet until the ending when she asked "do you have any questions for me?". I rollled my eyeballs to the ceiling briefly and said "no for now". She wore this sarcastic look as as responded "none for now until we meet again?". I tried to brush the sarcasm apart as I affirmed.
Re: My Aero-journal by Sugar97(f): 7:25pm On Jan 13, 2019
okikiosibodu:
@Sugar97.... Long time no see. Trust you are done with exams, and you made us proud.
I didn't actually know I didn't complete this thread, I had completed it in a book, and thought all loose ends have been knotted (eventhough I have no idea were the manuscript is grin). Let me try to wrap it up.
The bluster of "Hello" snapped me out of the imaginary world and I just couldn't believe it was d truth after the call was concluded. In my mind, I was debating as to whether it was a test to Asli knock off excess candidates or it was simply there truth. I had banked on it real much. I didn't search for jobs for I felt is won't be much to here of when I push buttons to secure a job, only to resign about two weeks later, wasting the slot,whereas there are other people that need the slot. Nonetheless, I kept in touch with my contact there and after about two months, resolved to searching for job.
The whole saga costed me a relationship of over two years though. You knw that Harry Song's line in Reggae-blues where he said "Even your boo get a boo"..... It kinda applied to me.
Art thou thy boo's boo?
She apparently was holding on to the relationship cos of my aspirations.. I was the only one in love in the relationship. I saw signs truth be told, but I didn't pay attention to them. You know that thing about making an excuse to stay even though there were several reasons to leave.... It was what was playing out. I turned blind eyes to many things and made up excused in my head even though the facts were glaring, I still didn't take them for facts. Guess she knew it and really exploited it. I don't regret the whole thing, I am just happy the thing don't click then cos I was gonna definitely father a child hat didn't belong to me without me knowing. It was something obvious . The heartbreak birth my love for canines cos it was in them I found solace, and I bonded with so many of them. I was able to understand loyalty more with them, and truthfulness. There are no bad dogs, only bad owners. A dog wil always be sincere with its feels: it's either it likes you, or otherwise. And if it doesn't like you, the difference will give you signs (growling and barking). And as far as you a good, a dog will always like you once you are accepted into its pack. A dog wil also give its life for you if need be, being a member of its pack

Quite touching... Hope you didn't join the 'women are scum' gang sha cheesy
Re: My Aero-journal by okikiosibodu(m): 4:02pm On Jan 17, 2019
Sugar97:

Quite touching... Hope you didn't join the 'women are scum' gang sha cheesy
Hehehehehe. I don't subscribe to such paradigm. Such assumption will be fallacy of hasty generalization.....using part to judge whole.
I have not been too lucky with ladies though. How do you do?
Re: My Aero-journal by Sugar97(f): 4:21pm On Jan 19, 2019
okikiosibodu:

Hehehehehe. I don't subscribe to such paradigm. Such assumption will be fallacy of hasty generalization.....using part to judge whole.
I have not been too lucky with ladies though. How do you do?

Ehyah...you will soon hopefully.
I'm alright, you? And your dogs? smiley
Re: My Aero-journal by okikiosibodu(m): 2:09am On Feb 01, 2019
Sugar97:

Ehyah...you will soon hopefully.
I'm alright, you? And your dogs? smiley
Hehehehehehe. I don't have dogs yet o. Was with a breeder sometimes last month during my leave, we have been friends online for over a year but that was our first time meeting. He has some great canines. I enjoyed my visit to his place. I did more of videos, otherwise would have uploaded some pix for you to see
Re: My Aero-journal by Sugar97(f): 7:18pm On Feb 05, 2019
okikiosibodu:

Hehehehehehe. I don't have dogs yet o. Was with a breeder sometimes last month during my leave, we have been friends online for over a year but that was our first time meeting. He has some great canines. I enjoyed my visit to his place. I did more of videos, otherwise would have uploaded some pix for you to see

Quick question: why do you prefer calling them canines?

2 Likes

Re: My Aero-journal by okikiosibodu(m): 1:46pm On Feb 11, 2019
grin
Sugar97:

Quick question: why do you prefer calling them canines?
Kinda grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

A Comprehensive Textbook On Cashew Nuts Trading.. #2500 only / Watch Out! 10 Interview Questions Designed To Trick You / 69th Independence Day Essays In Malayalam | 15 August Short Essays In Kannada

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.