Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,670 members, 7,801,934 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:18 AM

2019: Sowore Promises N100,000 Minimum Wage - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2019: Sowore Promises N100,000 Minimum Wage (20343 Views)

2019: Sowore Emerges AAC Presidential Candidate / Minimum Wage: Expect N100,000 From 2019, Sowore Tells Workers / "Buhari Can Be Silly Defeated In 2019" - Sowore, Sahara Reporter Owner (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2019: Sowore Promises N100,000 Minimum Wage by Nobody: 11:58am On Mar 19, 2018
obailala:
We don tire for promise and fail, so should the next line of action would be to do nothing?
If you ask me, who i go ask? bros 9ja matter tire me.. the people that have the capacity to change our fortunes do not have the structure and war chest to run a campaign. same old demons coming out.. bros e tire me embarassed
Re: 2019: Sowore Promises N100,000 Minimum Wage by bedspread: 11:58am On Mar 19, 2018
We don hear
Re: 2019: Sowore Promises N100,000 Minimum Wage by StaffofOrayan(m): 11:58am On Mar 19, 2018
YES! New faces please!
Re: 2019: Sowore Promises N100,000 Minimum Wage by SKhanmi: 11:59am On Mar 19, 2018
Story is too good to be true, I'm sure one over imaginative blogger cooked it up. 100K? Please can the economists in the house highlight the results /repercussions?

1 Like

Re: 2019: Sowore Promises N100,000 Minimum Wage by BluntTheApostle(m): 11:59am On Mar 19, 2018
Bitterleafsoup:
Not during his election go back and watch her shows during the election. Even the interviews were clearly bias and APC paid this guy to campaign for them.

OK, I get you.

1 Like

Re: 2019: Sowore Promises N100,000 Minimum Wage by Kennyfancy(m): 12:00pm On Mar 19, 2018
reserve
Re: 2019: Sowore Promises N100,000 Minimum Wage by thinkdip(m): 12:00pm On Mar 19, 2018
mrvitalis:
This guy is not serious

All I want from a young man like this is simple

100k minimum wage... This is how much it would cost government per month.... This is how I would raise the money

I would fix all road... This is how much it would cost to fix 25,000 km of federal road in 4 years... This is how I would raise the money

I would improve our university to world class.... This is how much the universities need and this is where the money would come from

I would fix power... This is what I would do... The cost and the source

This way people would know you are serious and even if you lose the winner would look at your manifesto and learn a thing or two at the end Nigeria grows (unless you are not doing this in the interest of Nigeria )

I have my solution to road, education, power, unemployment ( creation of 12 million jobs in 4 years) ,housing and transportation all in four years

All this people saying Vote me I would do this and do that without telling you how they would do it are all scams

Bros stop deceiving yourself, 100k minimum wage is very very possible. Let’s first cut frivolous spendings and you see say change go even Dey... you know how much this guys milk Nigeria’s economy by the day?

1 Like

Re: 2019: Sowore Promises N100,000 Minimum Wage by Pengician(m): 12:00pm On Mar 19, 2018
Is not the promise...

What happened to the 300+ promises of APC?

Under promise and execute more than enough.

Uncle why not mind Sahara?

If you truly want to be in Nigeria politics, Know for sure that VOTES don't count.

Saw you sourcing for funds via Fundme Platform.

You should know you're in for it before you summoned courage to appear in the Ocean of Nigeria politics.
Re: 2019: Sowore Promises N100,000 Minimum Wage by Nobody: 12:02pm On Mar 19, 2018
millomaniac:

Sowore don fall hands, with this promise i can boldly say that this guy either does not know what he is saying or he is a scammer.

Our politicians make us believe a paying 100,000 minimum wage is unsustainable but end up stealing Billion dollars.

Just so you know what the numbers are, the total number of Federal Civil Servants across the country is less than 100,000. How muck Dasuki misappropriated would have paid the annual salary of over 500,000 workers.

1 Like

Re: 2019: Sowore Promises N100,000 Minimum Wage by uwajeh(m): 12:02pm On Mar 19, 2018
Has he explained how precisely he intends to fund it?
Re: 2019: Sowore Promises N100,000 Minimum Wage by mrvitalis(m): 12:03pm On Mar 19, 2018
thinkdip:

Bros stop deceiving yourself, 100k minimum wage is very very possible. Let’s first cut frivolous spendings and you see say change go even Dey... you know how much this guys milk Nigeria’s economy by the day?
I hate when people talk without stat

Total money allocated to national assembly, executive (allowance and salary) plus judiciary in one year can't pay 100k minimum wage of federal workers for a month

Prove me wrong and I give you 50k now
Re: 2019: Sowore Promises N100,000 Minimum Wage by solutionmi: 12:09pm On Mar 19, 2018
most politician and empty promises are like 5&6. they promises heavens but gives hells.
Re: 2019: Sowore Promises N100,000 Minimum Wage by spiritedtete: 12:11pm On Mar 19, 2018
Sowore wrong move.... you should play chess more. You just had an epic fail without even contesting ... now to correct you...

You have to be very clear on our GDP explain why this is possible... you don't just come and type nonsense... sotigbo?

I also advice you consult a Good PR firm to win you for the people first... ironically you could be a good leader owing to the fact you have somehow been a crusader of corruption (Abi na eye service u dey do self).

My advice, repackage yourself and come out with an objective programmes... who no wan be president? Even monkey self like that position. Lol
Re: 2019: Sowore Promises N100,000 Minimum Wage by Nobody: 12:12pm On Mar 19, 2018
Obviously not an economist. Apart from the shallow PR and support that he will initially receive from the civil servants, raising remuneration does not help in doing anything except raising inflation and ultimately devaluing the currency and making life harder. I hardly think that this is the end objective he has in mind, or that the Nigerian economy needs.
What we really need is forward thinkers, and pragmatic leaders with a good grounding in economics, not PR experts.
Re: 2019: Sowore Promises N100,000 Minimum Wage by Emsbe2: 12:13pm On Mar 19, 2018
shut up you lair. talk is cheap
Re: 2019: Sowore Promises N100,000 Minimum Wage by lotusbeta: 12:14pm On Mar 19, 2018
Have they re-opened his go-fund me account? Shey na from there he wan dey bin pay all of us? #getyourfactsstraight

How much problems can only you agonize over? Let us relieve you of some. Migrate your business to Microsoft Azure. Talk to us at Lotus Beta Analytics Nig Ltd

Re: 2019: Sowore Promises N100,000 Minimum Wage by OGHENAOGIE(m): 12:14pm On Mar 19, 2018
igbodefender:
I am very certain Omoleye Sowore is in Nairaland. You ask me why? I will tell you.

On a thread yesterday I made a comment and someone asked me how much I thought would be the right minimum wage for Nigerians, adding that their question was a serious one.

I gave my answer, only to see this announcement.

Well, nice one Mr Sowore, even though we are still campaigning for Buhari 2019, because he is the nearest route to Igbo Presidency in 2023.

We believe Igbo Presidency will fix Nigeria and give Igbos a greater sense of belonging in the Nigerian project.

As a result We advocate that Mr Sowore's voice be heard loud and clear in the hallowed halls of the Senate, advocating a better life for the Nigerian masses, and keeping the Executive on its toes.
who igbo presidency wan epp.... Instead of to talk country Na hw igbo man go be president all d position igbo pple de since 1999 Hw e benefits the poorest of d poor in afikpo nnewi ojoto aba etc

1 Like

Re: 2019: Sowore Promises N100,000 Minimum Wage by thinkdip(m): 12:16pm On Mar 19, 2018
mrvitalis:

I hate when people talk without stat

Total money allocated to national assembly, executive (allowance and salary) plus judiciary in one year can't pay 100k minimum wage of federal workers for a month

Prove me wrong and I give you 50k now

How many percentage of working class people do we have in Nigeria? Cut out executives expenditure on food and other irrelevant things, bring down the salaries of demerits and ministers, head of parastatals by 45%, block all loop-holes for corrupt politicians, my bro Nigeria would afford it with left overs.
Our president private jet stayed in Britain for 3month with evil and uncounted for spendings.
Presently the Labour group is fighting for minimum wage to be at 54,000,it can also stay at 100k.
2/3 of Nigeria’s workers work in private entities who caters for their salaries.
How many public workes do the government have to cater for in terms of salaries. Is there even Job to justify that this money won’t be enough.. bros government would pay this money and still pocket change
Re: 2019: Sowore Promises N100,000 Minimum Wage by Acidosis(m): 12:20pm On Mar 19, 2018
Make the Naira stronger and the current N18k minimum wage will buy a brand new car.

Sowore is obviously lacking basic fiscal and monetary policy understanding.

For crying out loud, raising the minimum wage from 18k to 100k will further impoverish the poor, widen the gap between the rich and the poor and permanently lead the nation to a drastic inflation/stagflation.

Let's not even debate the possibility of achieving that within 4 years from your unsustainable oil money, but how do you diversify a nation's economy in 4 years and still fund this phantom increment? Sowore is obviously a disaster, and he should be advised to drop that yahoo yahoo crowdfunding ideas.

He should concentrate effort on transforming Sahara Reporters from the current joke to a more edifying news platform.

Governance is not lotto abeg.

At the end of the day, intelligent people will always identify his intention which is: to scam people via crowdfunding cos even the animals know he won't win a local government election.

1 Like

Re: 2019: Sowore Promises N100,000 Minimum Wage by OGHENAOGIE(m): 12:20pm On Mar 19, 2018
thinkdip:

How many percentage of working class people do we have in Nigeria? Cut out executives expenditure on food and other irrelevant things, bring down the salaries of demerits and ministers, head of parastatals by 45%, block all loop-holes for corrupt politicians, my bro Nigeria would afford it with left overs.
Our president private jet stayed in Britain for 3month with evil and uncounted for spendings.
Presently the Labour group is fighting for minimum wage to be at 54,000,it can also stay at 100k.
2/3 of Nigeria’s workers work in private entities who caters for their salaries.
How many public workes do the government have to cater for in terms of salaries. Is there even Job to justify that this money won’t be enough.. bros government would pay this money and still pocket change
so private workers no deserve minimum wage abi....
Re: 2019: Sowore Promises N100,000 Minimum Wage by onymodel(m): 12:21pm On Mar 19, 2018
That's what we hear before they get into the office.
Re: 2019: Sowore Promises N100,000 Minimum Wage by Nobody: 12:23pm On Mar 19, 2018
thinkdip:

Na only sowore you think say Dey NL, almost all the media houses, media personalities, politicians, ministers, senators past and present Dey NL.

I think you are right.
Re: 2019: Sowore Promises N100,000 Minimum Wage by kinzation(m): 12:24pm On Mar 19, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

This is a one-chance bus with tinted windows.
kikikiki...
Re: 2019: Sowore Promises N100,000 Minimum Wage by Yankee101: 12:25pm On Mar 19, 2018
Sowore is worse than Buhari because he is corruptible. He supports you if you pay and turn his media against you if you don't. I don't support Buhari but I can boldly say he is not as corrupt as Sowore. His problem is incompetence.
Re: 2019: Sowore Promises N100,000 Minimum Wage by obailala(m): 12:25pm On Mar 19, 2018
The grass always looks greener when we look from the other side of the fence. We are tired of politicians just making beautiful promises (out of genuine intentions) which end up being an impossibility for them when they get to power.

Sowore can start by doing something differently; specifically by putting estimate figures begind the promises. Instead of engaging in the usual campaign jamboree promises which typical African politicians are fond of, Sowore should firstly do a thorough research and find out how much the total wage bill is for the federal civil service. He should then do a study to find out the recurrent cost burden of political office holders and appointees. If he can do that and provide us with real figures (or estimates) to back up his promise of reducing government cost and increasing the minimum wages, then that would really be a good intellectual start.
Re: 2019: Sowore Promises N100,000 Minimum Wage by thinkdip(m): 12:25pm On Mar 19, 2018
OGHENAOGIE:
so private workers no deserve minimum wage abi....
It applies, but what I’m saying is that part isn’t even the government headache in terms of paying
Re: 2019: Sowore Promises N100,000 Minimum Wage by adetes: 12:27pm On Mar 19, 2018
Stop deceiving Nigerians
Re: 2019: Sowore Promises N100,000 Minimum Wage by Man2utd(m): 12:29pm On Mar 19, 2018
FarahAideed:
He clearly does not understand the problem

Whats the problem Sir/Ma
Re: 2019: Sowore Promises N100,000 Minimum Wage by EarthXmetahuman: 12:30pm On Mar 19, 2018
And he is already falling my hands. To think I was planning to give him my vote.

Does this guy know that, immediately minimum wage skyrockets, so will the inflation?

Why not work on making things cheap and naira strong, so that if you earn 3000 a month, it can actually sustain you.

He wants to start talking like another politician.
Re: 2019: Sowore Promises N100,000 Minimum Wage by OGHENAOGIE(m): 12:30pm On Mar 19, 2018
thinkdip:

It applies, but what I’m saying is that part isn’t even the government headache in terms of paying
the issue is to restructure this country or let tins run properly with the local govt participating properly.... Massive infrastructure drive...tamed corruption like all this money wey agbero de collect atimes I wonder wer e de go business Pay too much taxes and fees....this country de tire person sometimes self
Re: 2019: Sowore Promises N100,000 Minimum Wage by wiloy2k8(m): 12:30pm On Mar 19, 2018
igbodefender:
I am very certain Omoleye Sowore is in Nairaland. You ask me why? I will tell you.

On a thread yesterday I made a comment and someone asked me how much I thought would be the right minimum wage for Nigerians, adding that their question was a serious one.

I gave my answer, only to see this announcement.

Well, nice one Mr Sowore, even though we are still campaigning for Buhari 2019, because he is the nearest route to Igbo Presidency in 2023.

We believe Igbo Presidency will fix Nigeria and give Igbos a greater sense of belonging in the Nigerian project.

As a result We advocate that Mr Sowore's voice be heard loud and clear in the hallowed halls of the Senate, advocating a better life for the Nigerian masses, and keeping the Executive on its toes.

why this igbo dis and that .. oga na good governance we want and not igbo president .
Re: 2019: Sowore Promises N100,000 Minimum Wage by thinkdip(m): 12:34pm On Mar 19, 2018
EarthXmetahuman:
And he is already falling my hands. To think I was planning to give him my vote.

Does this guy know that, immediately minimum wage skyrockets, so will the inflation?

Why not work on making things cheap and naira strong, so that if you earn 3000 a month, it can actually sustain you.

He wants to start talking like another politician.

Bros, history have it that economics don’t work in Nigeria... when things go up in Nigeria, it keeps going up. The law of inflation and deflation hasn’t worked and still won’t work in Nigeria.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

APC Crisis: Buhari Breaks Silence, Insists Convention Holds March 26 / Sanwo-Olu: Tinubu Paid For My Nomination And Expression Of Interest Forms / 2022 World Happiness Report: 20 African Countries Rank Better Than Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.