Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,245 members, 7,807,826 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:04 PM

2019: Sowore Promises N100,000 Minimum Wage - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2019: Sowore Promises N100,000 Minimum Wage (20351 Views)

2019: Sowore Emerges AAC Presidential Candidate / Minimum Wage: Expect N100,000 From 2019, Sowore Tells Workers / "Buhari Can Be Silly Defeated In 2019" - Sowore, Sahara Reporter Owner (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2019: Sowore Promises N100,000 Minimum Wage by Nobody: 3:07pm On Mar 19, 2018
metronaija2:
Omoyele Sowore, the publisher of Sahara Reporters who has expressed his interest in running for the presidency in 2019 general election has promised to raise the minimum wage for workers to N100, 000 if elected.

The former student leader and anti corruption activist who has been meeting Nigerians across the United States in furtherance of his presidential ambition said this in a post on his social media account on Monday morning.

He said, “Good morning Nigeria!
Our starting minimum wage for Nigerian workers will be N100,000, we can’t run a modern, efficient and corrupt-free civil service without proper remuneration.
Rest assured that we can afford it, we simply need to cut public waste and corruption by 20%, diversify our economy, collect taxes, excise and customs duties, stop giving out waivers to cronies…and many more strategies to be unveiled.”

Sowore had revealed yesterday that he already has people studying various sectors of the Nigerian economy to ensure he hits the ground running from the first day if he gets the mandate of Nigerians to be the next occupant of Aso Rock presidential villa.

But he has not indicated which of the over 60 political parties in Nigeria he will contest on.

http://www.metronaija.ng/2019-sowore-promises-n100000-minimum-wage/

Who is this ugly guy? grin
Re: 2019: Sowore Promises N100,000 Minimum Wage by Nobody: 3:08pm On Mar 19, 2018
igbodefender:
I am very certain Omoleye Sowore is in Nairaland. You ask me why? I will tell you.

On a thread yesterday I made a comment and someone asked me how much I thought would be the right minimum wage for Nigerians, adding that their question was a serious one.

I gave my answer, only to see this announcement.

Well, nice one Mr Sowore, even though we are still campaigning for Buhari 2019, because he is the nearest route to Igbo Presidency in 2023.

We believe Igbo Presidency will fix Nigeria and give Igbos a greater sense of belonging in the Nigerian project.

As a result We advocate that Mr Sowore's voice be heard loud and clear in the hallowed halls of the Senate, advocating a better life for the Nigerian masses, and keeping the Executive on its toes.

We aren't campaigning for Bubu 2019.

Bubu will lose the entire SE n SS in the next elections.
Re: 2019: Sowore Promises N100,000 Minimum Wage by Bontia(m): 3:08pm On Mar 19, 2018
Sir how do you intend to reduce corruption by 20 percent? I am very much interested in the fiber details.

1 Like

Re: 2019: Sowore Promises N100,000 Minimum Wage by Nobody: 3:12pm On Mar 19, 2018
PrecisionFx:

We aren't campaigning for Bubu 2019.

Bubu will lose the entire SE n SS in the next elections.

You won't be able to convince any big South Eastern politician to challenge President Buhari.

1 Like

Re: 2019: Sowore Promises N100,000 Minimum Wage by maslong(m): 3:15pm On Mar 19, 2018
eleojo23:
It is easy to promise but will he really do it?
very true, ask dullardeen .
Re: 2019: Sowore Promises N100,000 Minimum Wage by Nobody: 3:18pm On Mar 19, 2018
igbodefender:

You won't be able to convince any big South Eastern politician to challenge President Buhari.

We don't want Bubu in 2019. Simple.
Re: 2019: Sowore Promises N100,000 Minimum Wage by Maximus85(m): 3:20pm On Mar 19, 2018
metronaija2:
Omoyele Sowore, the publisher of Sahara Reporters who has expressed his interest in running for the presidency in 2019 general election has promised to raise the minimum wage for workers to N100, 000 if elected.

The former student leader and anti corruption activist who has been meeting Nigerians across the United States in furtherance of his presidential ambition said this in a post on his social media account on Monday morning.

He said, “Good morning Nigeria!
Our starting minimum wage for Nigerian workers will be N100,000, we can’t run a modern, efficient and corrupt-free civil service without proper remuneration.
Rest assured that we can afford it, we simply need to cut public waste and corruption by 20%, diversify our economy, collect taxes, excise and customs duties, stop giving out waivers to cronies…and many more strategies to be unveiled.”

Sowore had revealed yesterday that he already has people studying various sectors of the Nigerian economy to ensure he hits the ground running from the first day if he gets the mandate of Nigerians to be the next occupant of Aso Rock presidential villa.

But he has not indicated which of the over 60 political parties in Nigeria he will contest on.

http://www.metronaija.ng/2019-sowore-promises-n100000-minimum-wage/

Dangote and Co in trouble.
Re: 2019: Sowore Promises N100,000 Minimum Wage by humilitynike: 3:20pm On Mar 19, 2018
I support u.. where are we meeting to discuss d way forward?
Re: 2019: Sowore Promises N100,000 Minimum Wage by Nobody: 3:49pm On Mar 19, 2018
TheSorrowfulMan:

I am not smart.

I AM A ZOMBIE. I KEEP FOOLING MYSELF WITH MY OPPOSITION TO IGBO PRESIDENCY.

With what you wrote up there I feel sorry for you. Just check in to Yaba Left and submit yourself for mental examination. O ga a di mma.
Re: 2019: Sowore Promises N100,000 Minimum Wage by IJOBA2: 3:54pm On Mar 19, 2018
ades0la:
Here we go again
SAI BARBER
Re: 2019: Sowore Promises N100,000 Minimum Wage by Nobody: 3:58pm On Mar 19, 2018
Pure Rubbish! 100k a month or a year? etheir it's just £200. not even enough to buy a good pair of shoes!

Vamoose! Amigos!
Re: 2019: Sowore Promises N100,000 Minimum Wage by Ugosample(m): 4:04pm On Mar 19, 2018
This guy must be MAD.
Implement N100,000 minimum wage and watch the naira become useless....
what's wrong with this guy

1 Like

Re: 2019: Sowore Promises N100,000 Minimum Wage by newoffer: 4:25pm On Mar 19, 2018
Sidon with ur cake ooo. in politics when u eat it , u can never have it o.
Re: 2019: Sowore Promises N100,000 Minimum Wage by degamemaster(m): 4:31pm On Mar 19, 2018
I don't think a sowore presidency would be bad for Nigeria. He is a young man and I believe he understands the challenges of the present Nigerian society. He might not be the perfect man or a regular Nigerian politician that play the hide and sick dirty game of politics but he surely, I'm certain he will do better than this walking dead dullardic animal in the villa now and also bring peace and unity to the country.

But all in all, Nigeria is a shithole country!
Re: 2019: Sowore Promises N100,000 Minimum Wage by divineappo(m): 4:50pm On Mar 19, 2018
igbodefender:
I am very certain Omoleye Sowore is in Nairaland. You ask me why? I will tell you.

On a thread yesterday I made a comment and someone asked me how much I thought would be the right minimum wage for Nigerians, adding that their question was a serious one.

I gave my answer, only to see this announcement.

Well, nice one Mr Sowore, even though we are still campaigning for Buhari 2019, because he is the nearest route to Igbo Presidency in 2023.

We believe Igbo Presidency will fix Nigeria and give Igbos a greater sense of belonging in the Nigerian project.

As a result We advocate that Mr Sowore's voice be heard loud and clear in the hallowed halls of the Senate, advocating a better life for the Nigerian masses, and keeping the Executive on its toes.
let me shock you!

Omoyele sowore Neva said such. This OP is a bloody fucking liar. This news is fake.
They have begun their political games. APC adopted such trick in 2015, its what dirty politicians do

"Attributing wrong, senseless and unrealistic promises to a candidate, in order to make him appear like a joker"
Re: 2019: Sowore Promises N100,000 Minimum Wage by Dollabiz: 4:55pm On Mar 19, 2018
Oh
Re: 2019: Sowore Promises N100,000 Minimum Wage by godwin120alex: 5:29pm On Mar 19, 2018
I won't even vote him as Simi's house help
Re: 2019: Sowore Promises N100,000 Minimum Wage by Kestolovee95(f): 5:41pm On Mar 19, 2018
delikay4luv:
Scammer. After packaging Bubu with body odour for us. You now want to corner us again.

Re: 2019: Sowore Promises N100,000 Minimum Wage by Blue3k(m): 5:47pm On Mar 19, 2018
omohayek:

I already found Sowore’s campaign difficult to take seriously because of his lack of specifics, but now that he’s come out with such outlandish promises, I now have no doubt that Sowore brings nothing new and worthwhile to the table. He clearly lacks the first notion about economics, and he isn’t even aware enough of how little he knows to seek out experts who can help formulate sensible proposals; in what way is he then any better than the hopeless Buhari?

These guys need better campaign managers. They are almost giving buhari tbe office when all they have to do is tackle him on a few issues like The economy, secruity and monetery policy. The only one I can take seriously so is Atiku but he's not my cup of tea.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019: Sowore Promises N100,000 Minimum Wage by Nobody: 5:59pm On Mar 19, 2018
TheSorrowfulMan:

Oya come make Orji Uzo Kalu your president

Anyone that tells you that anything of value comes easy is probably lying to you.
Re: 2019: Sowore Promises N100,000 Minimum Wage by surgical: 6:04pm On Mar 19, 2018
LibertyRep:
Mr. Sowore should not just start his campaign like our usual cluelessly dishonest politicians.

Of what importance is the 100k min. wage that wld stil be rendered useless by the ever rising inflation?

Instead of appealing to emotions, a serious contender should show us how he would raise the buying power of naira.
good thinking, but sowore is one of them ,he is their errand boy he can only copy from his ogas ,he can't do better than them, wonder why you guys are even giving this jokers a thought, including fela durotoye, when you see a serious contender you will know
Re: 2019: Sowore Promises N100,000 Minimum Wage by CioAngels(f): 8:00pm On Mar 19, 2018
If you really mean this, tell us detail by details on how you will go about it. Yes, there is money in Nigeria for all the Nigerians masses can benefit from, but the stealing politicians and riches just decided to punish and make the downtrodden their slaves. Get other good youth to together and get ground rolling. I'm much aware you have been on this route for years getting ready for 2019. I can only wish you sincere good luck. No evil will stand in your way, not even the vampire politicians. Please don't go under any pastor because we all being sustain by the Grace of God and not pastor. My one pence.

1 Like

Re: 2019: Sowore Promises N100,000 Minimum Wage by SirBunky85(m): 2:09am On Mar 20, 2018
delikay4luv:
Scammer. After packaging Bubu with body odour for us. You now want to corner us again.
Lol. U and did pmb body odour self
Re: 2019: Sowore Promises N100,000 Minimum Wage by MIKOLOWISKA: 3:26am On Mar 20, 2018
clearly
FarahAideed:
He clearly does not understand the problem
Re: 2019: Sowore Promises N100,000 Minimum Wage by MIKOLOWISKA: 3:28am On Mar 20, 2018
LibertyRep:
Mr. Sowore should not just start his campaign like our usual cluelessly dishonest politicians.

Of what importance is the 100k min. wage that wld stil be rendered useless by the ever rising inflation?

Instead of appealing to emotions, a serious contender should show us how he would raise the buying power of naira.
only emotions win elections o
logic does not
you are in the minority
Re: 2019: Sowore Promises N100,000 Minimum Wage by MIKOLOWISKA: 3:28am On Mar 20, 2018
so you do nothing,how does that help exactly?
lostluggage:
After Buhari scammed me, it is very difficult to believe any politician again angry
Sowore i like you but , i don tire for promise and fail angry
Re: 2019: Sowore Promises N100,000 Minimum Wage by MIKOLOWISKA: 3:34am On Mar 20, 2018
mrvitalis:
This guy is not serious

All I want from a young man like this is simple

100k minimum wage... This is how much it would cost government per month.... This is how I would raise the money
almost 500 billiom a month,6 trillion a year
just salary o no infrastructure fa

I would fix all road... This is how much it would cost to fix 25,000 km of federal road in 4 years... This is how I would raise the money

I would improve our university to world class.... This is how much the universities need and this is where the money would come from

I would fix power... This is what I would do... The cost and the source

This way people would know you are serious and even if you lose the winner would look at your manifesto and learn a thing or two at the end Nigeria grows (unless you are not doing this in the interest of Nigeria )

I have my solution to road, education, power, unemployment ( creation of 12 million jobs in 4 years) ,housing and transportation all in four years
care to share

All this people saying Vote me I would do this and do that without telling you how they would do it are all scams
Re: 2019: Sowore Promises N100,000 Minimum Wage by Teobaba(m): 5:47am On Mar 20, 2018
Shotup
Re: 2019: Sowore Promises N100,000 Minimum Wage by mrvitalis(m): 7:20am On Mar 20, 2018
care to share [/quote]
My idea has always been simple open and specific taxing system... What do I mean ..we need money to fix nigeria and we are not a rich country our revenue is small compared to our need... So we need to tax Nigerians and Nigerians are ready to pay trust me

We have 11.7 million cars in Nigeria and an average car owner spends 500k 4 year on car maintenance and we know it would drop by 80% if we have good roads are fixed

Imagine if we taxed all car owner an average of 100k and that would be 1.17 trn on road alone

States where this cars is get 65% federal government get 35%
This would settle our roads infrastructure

I have similar ideas for other sectors

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

APC Crisis: Buhari Breaks Silence, Insists Convention Holds March 26 / 2022 World Happiness Report: 20 African Countries Rank Better Than Nigeria / Femi Adesina: Buhari Goes Rail-Wire

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.