Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,829 members, 7,798,798 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 10:30 AM

21 Reasons Why “praying For Your Enemies To Die” Is Unscriptural - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 21 Reasons Why “praying For Your Enemies To Die” Is Unscriptural (5948 Views)

Should Christians Pray For Some Enemies to Die? / Daddy Freeze To MFM: Praying For Your Enemies To Die Is Anti-christ Doctrine / "Once Saved, Forever Saved": Wrong And Unscriptural! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

21 Reasons Why “praying For Your Enemies To Die” Is Unscriptural by JesusSonOfGod: 11:12am On Mar 19, 2018
This article is copied from the site http://www. thankgodforjesus. org
Read Patiently

The only reason why many people still want to pray for their physical enemies (witches, voodoo priests, occult, etc) to die is because they think that if the enemy doesn’t die then the enemy will kill them. But have you stopped to ask the lord how “compassion” and “mercy” puts you at a higher place – even untouchable by the enemy? If God says touch not my anointed, how then are they able to touch you? Why are we so afraid that if we don’t kill them, they will kill us? Whatever happened to Luke 12:4, Jeremiah 1:8, and especially Philippians 1:28?

And in nothing terrified by your adversaries: which is to them an evident token of perdition, but to you of salvation, and that of God.
Are we going to believe and focus on God’s word or on what the enemy could do to us if we don’t “protect” ourselves? Please note that the point I am trying to make here is that we should be good examples of Christ; this is to bring our attention to authority in Christ & spiritual skillfulness. If your enemy wants you to die and you are also wishing and praying for them to die then difference does it make of the both of you?

21 Reasons Why “Praying Let Them Die” is Unscriptural

1.Praying for their salvation actually weakens them the more and gradually brings them under subjection to your authority (Prov. 25:22).

2. It is gain to the kingdom of God when they are saved than when they die and go to hell.

3. God, Justice, will never let a witch kill a person that has been praying for their Salvation, this is how you do good to them (Proverbs 25:22 – “For thou shalt heap coals of fire upon his head, and the LORD shall reward thee”).

4. Jesus Christ never prayed such prayers, instead He asked us to love them and to pray for those who persecute us (Matthew 5:44). Do you show love by praying for them to die?

5. Jonah wanted God to destroy the wicked people but God chose to spare them because they were ignorant & repented when they realize what they were doing.(Jonah 4:1). So give them room to repent; and don’t kill them before their time.

6. God instructed us to warn them. Have you warned the witch or wizard before praying for them to die? (When I say unto the wicked, O wicked man, thou shalt surely die; if thou dost not speak to warn the wicked from his way, that wicked man shall die in his iniquity; but his blood will I require at thine hand. Nevertheless, if thou warn the wicked of his way to turn from it; if he do not turn from his way, he shall die in his iniquity; but thou hast delivered thy soul – Ezekiel 33:8-10)

7. If you want to go by the verse that says “suffer not a witch to live” then you would also have to kill them physically.

8. We must understand the scriptures and see why Jesus said to love our enemies.

9. You show your understanding of being in a higher place in Christ when you have mercy and pity – knowing that the devil is using them, which means your real enemy is the one standing behind them (Satan).

10. Even after you kill all your enemies, more will still rise up against you.

11. A man without enemies is a nobody. Jesus Christ had plenty!

12. Jesus Christ prayed to God that God would have mercy on those who nailed Him to the cross saying ” forgive them for they know not what they are doing”.

13. When you are being attacked, you are actually being nailed to the cross because through that the Lord is strengthening you and working it out for your good, so are you going to destroy the opportunity or pray the same prayer Jesus prayed?

14. A man full of wisdom, Stephen, replicated what Jesus did as an example of one who truly followed after Christ.

15. If you want to live by the law (suffer not a witch to live) then you must keep 100% of the law, otherwise you become as guilty as the one you are praying against.

16. We must pray according to the will of God for God to hear us (1 John 5:14-15) and answer; otherwise you are praying amiss and wasting your time.

17. Since you have been praying for them to die, how many of them have died?

18. If it was time for them to die then let the Holy Spirit prompt us to make such “declarations” but we can’t take it upon ourselves to kill them because of our ambition to prosper.

19. The real and most important battle is in your mind, not with your physical enemy.
You are to focus on destroying the powers behind the

20. wicked (witch, voodoo priest, etc) rather than the human being.

21. Your enemies may have to die anyway, by divine judgment. But that should be God’s call, not yours:

* Those (Harold) who wanted to kill Jesus Christ died even without His parents praying such prayers.

* Those (Pharoah) who wanted to kill Moses died, even without Moses praying such prayer.

* Those (Pharaoh) who were bent on holding Israel captive were warned multiple times, but chose to run towards death because of His hardened heart (this was also God’s call, not Moses’ decision, there’s where the power is).

Note : Proverbs 16:7 When a man's ways please the LORD, He maketh even his enemies to be at peace with him.

We should focus more on living righteously and God will take care of the rest. Thanks and God bless.

2 Likes

Re: 21 Reasons Why “praying For Your Enemies To Die” Is Unscriptural by JesusSonOfGod: 10:03am On Mar 28, 2018
Good morning people

1 Like

Re: 21 Reasons Why “praying For Your Enemies To Die” Is Unscriptural by JesusSonOfGod: 2:47am On Apr 01, 2018
Happy Easter

1 Like

Re: 21 Reasons Why “praying For Your Enemies To Die” Is Unscriptural by philpwresh(m): 3:48am On Apr 01, 2018
There was a day I attended one church program, All the prayer points were solely against Enemies.

The prayer points were close to 10,About 9 of them were just Enemies should go blind,Enemies should die,Enemies must go,Enemies should become my slave, dumb,Lame ETC.

I was so pissed when the pastor started justifying the prayer points with scriptures.

The kind of christianity we practice in this part of the World,is such where we Treat God Like our slave.

Just cos God is Love doesn't mean we should disrespect him when asking him for something.

If you are praying for the death of your Enemies,it's like asking God to condemn a soul to Hell just cos' they annoy you.

When you ask for death of your Enemies is like asking God to condemn a soul for your selfish reasons.

How we ask for favours from God matters a lot. When asking God for you should ask him With love and fear at the same time.

Ask God a favour like a 10 years old boy asking his Father to get him a Bicycle.The boy would ask in fear but also in love.

*Stop asking God for favours like you own Him
*Stop raising your voice at God,Some christians believe that the more they raise their voice,the better their chances.
*Stop asking for the death of another soul.if someone had ask for your death while you were still a sinner,You wouldn't have had the chance to know Christ.
*Always pray for the soul of your Enemies,if paul could be converted then any Human being can be touched by God.

Happy Easter

7 Likes

Re: 21 Reasons Why “praying For Your Enemies To Die” Is Unscriptural by philpwresh(m): 11:56am On Apr 01, 2018
shocked
Re: 21 Reasons Why “praying For Your Enemies To Die” Is Unscriptural by lonikit: 12:18pm On Apr 01, 2018
this is why I dont like attending MFM. I stil can't find where Christ commended us to kill enemy by fire. Christians need to take time to study the bible

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 21 Reasons Why “praying For Your Enemies To Die” Is Unscriptural by lonikit: 12:36pm On Apr 01, 2018
thank u for this

4 Likes

Re: 21 Reasons Why “praying For Your Enemies To Die” Is Unscriptural by JesusSonOfGod: 12:54pm On Apr 01, 2018
If you and I can be saved, then anyone can be saved too. We were saved by grace not by our personal righteousness, so why judge others? Why do you want them to die in their sins. What if God had allowed you to die? Even the most evil man deserves to be saved as long as we have been saved by grace. People seem to think the Holy Spirit is an assassin, forgetting He's a comforter. Christ never commanded us to pray for anyone's death, rather He commanded us to pray for them.

The first Christians never prayed such. Even Stephen while he was been killed, prayed for God to forgive his killers. If he had prayed for the enemies to die by fire and God answered the prayer, Saul who later became Paul would not have been saved.

Now they go to church just to go and slaughter their enemies and they forget the main thing which is repentance and making our ways right with God. They go to church with the heart of vengeance, to go and ask the God of Love to slaughter their enemies. These persons who you see as enemies are not enemies of God.

Any church where you see them praying for the death of their enemies does not have the Spirit of God. In fact they are not Christians.

4 Likes

Re: 21 Reasons Why “praying For Your Enemies To Die” Is Unscriptural by philpwresh(m): 1:53pm On Apr 01, 2018
JesusSonOfGod:
If you and I can be saved, then anyone can be saved too. We were saved by grace not by our personal righteousness, so why judge others? Why do you want them to die in their sins. What if God had allowed you to die? Even the most evil man deserves to be saved as long as we have been saved by grace. People seem to think the Holy Spirit is an assassin, forgetting He's a comforter. Christ never commanded us to pray for anyone's death, rather He commanded us to pray for them.

The first Christians never prayed such. Even Stephen while he was been killed, prayed for God to forgive his killers. If he had prayed for the enemies to die by fire and God answered the prayer, Saul who later became Paul would not have been saved.

Now they go to church just to go and slaughter their enemies and they forget the main thing which is repentance and making our ways right with God. They go to church with the heart of vengeance, to go and ask the God of Love to slaughter their enemies. These persons who you see as enemies are not enemies of God.

Any church where you see them praying for the death of their enemies does not have the Spirit of God. In fact they are not Christians.
I Argee with your point

2 Likes

Re: 21 Reasons Why “praying For Your Enemies To Die” Is Unscriptural by JesusSonOfGod: 11:12am On Apr 02, 2018
Happy Easter Monday
Re: 21 Reasons Why “praying For Your Enemies To Die” Is Unscriptural by JesusSonOfGod: 11:55am On Apr 07, 2018
Happy weekend
Re: 21 Reasons Why “praying For Your Enemies To Die” Is Unscriptural by JesusSonOfGod: 10:37pm On Apr 14, 2018
Happy weekend
Re: 21 Reasons Why “praying For Your Enemies To Die” Is Unscriptural by JesusSonOfGod: 6:13pm On Apr 22, 2018
Happy Sunday
Re: 21 Reasons Why “praying For Your Enemies To Die” Is Unscriptural by enilove(m): 8:13pm On Apr 22, 2018
What do you mean by praying against ones enemies is unscriptural?

Are the below passages not part of the scriptures ?

Jeremiah 17:18 KJV
Let them be confounded that persecute me, but let not me be confounded: let them be dismayed, but let not me be dismayed: bring upon them the day of evil, and destroy them with double destruction.

Psalm 140:8-10 KJV
Grant not, O Lord , the desires of the wicked: further not his wicked device; lest they exalt themselves. Selah.
[9] As for the head of those that compass me about, let the mischief of their own lips cover them.
[10] Let burning coals fall upon them: let them be cast into the fire; into deep pits, that they rise not up again.

1 Like

Re: 21 Reasons Why “praying For Your Enemies To Die” Is Unscriptural by JesusSonOfGod: 7:58pm On Apr 23, 2018
enilove:

Let them be confounded that persecute me, but let not me be confounded: let them be dismayed, but let not me be dismayed: bring upon them the day of evil, and destroy them with double destruction.

Grant not, O Lord , the desires of the wicked: further not his wicked device; lest they exalt themselves. Selah.
[9] As for the head of those that compass me about, let the mischief of their own lips cover them.
[10] Let burning coals fall upon them: let them be cast into the fire; into deep pits, that they rise not up again.

We are Christians and not practicing Judaism. We follow the commands of Jesus Christ and we are not under the law. Jesus commanded us to pray for our enemies. He commanded us to forgive those who offends us. We are under the second/New covenant. That's what I mean.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 21 Reasons Why “praying For Your Enemies To Die” Is Unscriptural by danvon(m): 8:05pm On Apr 23, 2018
This is why I don't like Catholic Charismatics
Re: 21 Reasons Why “praying For Your Enemies To Die” Is Unscriptural by Gggg102(m): 8:29pm On Apr 23, 2018
enilove:

this is what Jesus was talking about when he said 'you have heard it said, love those who love you and hate those who hate you, but I say to you love those who hate you and pray for those who wish you evil for if you love those who love you, how are you different from the sinners for they also love those who love them.... god causes it to rain on both good and evil and the sun shines on both good and evil'.

the old covenant taught that you should love your friends and hate your enemies while the new covenant teaches that you should love everyone and pray for your enemies.

Jesus early Christians showed this example.

Jesus prayed for forgiveness of those that killed him.

Stephen prayed for forgiveness of those that killed him.

they did not pray for their deaths but for their lives.

2 Likes

Re: 21 Reasons Why “praying For Your Enemies To Die” Is Unscriptural by JesusSonOfGod: 9:13pm On Apr 23, 2018
Gggg102:

this is what Jesus was talking about when he said 'you have heard it said, love those who love you and hate those who hate you, but I say to you love those who hate you and pray for those who wish you evil for if you love those who love you, how are you different from the sinners for they also love those who love them.... god causes it to rain on both good and evil and the sun shines on both good and evil'.

the old covenant taught that you should love your friends and hate your enemies while the new covenant teaches that you should love everyone and pray for your enemies.

Nice one. You are very correct,but you made a mistake using small latter 'g' for God instead of 'G'.
Re: 21 Reasons Why “praying For Your Enemies To Die” Is Unscriptural by enilove(m): 1:33am On Apr 24, 2018
Gggg102:

Are we to pray for Satan and his agents then or is Satan not an enemy?
Re: 21 Reasons Why “praying For Your Enemies To Die” Is Unscriptural by Gggg102(m): 7:11am On Apr 24, 2018
enilove:

Are we to pray for Satan and his agents then or is Satan not an enemy?

the die die prayers are targeted at human enemies.
the first Bible verses you showed were targeted at human enemies.

die prayers can't work on demons and Satan because they cannot die, they are spirits.

1 Like

Re: 21 Reasons Why “praying For Your Enemies To Die” Is Unscriptural by enilove(m): 11:32am On Apr 24, 2018
Gggg102:

die prayers can't work on demons and Satan because they cannot die, they are spirits.

First , I am a christian and I read my Bible on a daily basis .
As a christian you should know there are different levels of enemies. The enemies Jesus was addressing were the human enemies who still need prayers but not the enemies that have decided to be enemies of God and invariably our enemies. These are :
PRINCIPALITIES ,
POWERS,
RULERS OF DARKNESS,
AND SPIRITUAL WICKED POWERS IN HIGH PLACES.

Ephesians 6:12,16-17 KJV
For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against PRICIPALUTIES, against POWERS, against the RULERS OF THE DARKNESS of this world, against SPIRITUAL WICKEDNESS in high places .
[16] Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.
[17] And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:

A prayer is a spiritual matter and no one can make or force God to kill his enemies in the name of Jesus Christ.

MfM members dont pray against human beings but against those wicked powers mentioned above , which are the REAL ENEMIES.

Jesus Christ told us to pray for our enemies and also told us to be VIOLENT.
How can you be violent as a christian , physically or spiritually? And against WHO? Is is against those you are to pray for or other wicked powers like Herod?

Matthew 11:12 KJV
And from the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven suffereth violence, and the violent take it by force.

It is a fact that spirits don't die but when the spirit bcoms powerless or impotent against you , that spirit is dead in that persons life. When something is inactive , it is termed "dead".
Just like a dead sea. a dead certificate, a dead man walking, a dead key , a dead engine etc. The engine is there but not working , the man is walking about but dead spiritually, as far as God is concern.

The devil makes use of human agents like witches , wizards cultists etc. Some will not repent . Paul talked about love and still prayed against an enemy :

1 Corinthians 13:1-5 KJV
Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal. [2] And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing. [3] And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor , and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing. [4] Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up, [5] Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil;

Acts 13:10-11 KJV
And said, O full of all subtilty and all mischief, thou child of the devil, thou enemy of all righteousness, wilt thou not cease to pervert the right ways of the Lord?
[11] And now, behold, the hand of the Lord is upon thee, and thou shalt be blind, not seeing the sun for a season. And immediately there fell on him a mist and a darkness; and he went about seeking some to lead him by the hand.

Why did Paul pray against that man ?
Re: 21 Reasons Why “praying For Your Enemies To Die” Is Unscriptural by JesusSonOfGod: 6:47pm On Apr 24, 2018
enilove:

First , I am a christian and I read my Bible on a daily basis .
As a christian you should know there are different levels of enemies. The enemies Jesus was addressing were the human enemies who still need prayers but not the enemies that have decided to be enemies of God and invariably our enemies. These are :
PRINCIPALITIES ,
POWERS,
RULERS OF DARKNESS,
AND SPIRITUAL WICKED POWERS IN HIGH PLACES.

Ephesians 6:12,16-17 KJV
For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against PRICIPALUTIES, against POWERS, against the RULERS OF THE DARKNESS of this world, against SPIRITUAL WICKEDNESS in high places .
[16] Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.
[17] And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:

A prayer is a spiritual matter and no one can make or force God to kill his enemies in the name of Jesus Christ.

MfM members dont pray against human beings but against those wicked powers mentioned above , which are the REAL ENEMIES.

Jesus Christ told us to pray for our enemies and also told us to be VIOLENT.
How can you be violent as a christian , physically or spiritually? And against WHO? Is is against those you are to pray for or other wicked powers like Herod?

Matthew 11:12 KJV
And from the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven suffereth violence, and the violent take it by force.

It is a fact that spirits don't die but when the spirit bcoms powerless or impotent against you , that spirit is dead in that persons life. When something is inactive , it is termed "dead".
Just like a dead sea. a dead certificate, a dead man walking, a dead key , a dead engine etc. The engine is there but not working , the man is walking about but dead spiritually, as far as God is concern.

The devil makes use of human agents like witches , wizards cultists etc. Some will not repent . Paul talked about love and still prayed against an enemy :

1 Corinthians 13:1-5 KJV
Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal. [2] And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing. [3] And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor , and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing. [4] Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up, [5] Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil;

Acts 13:10-11 KJV
And said, O full of all subtilty and all mischief, thou child of the devil, thou enemy of all righteousness, wilt thou not cease to pervert the right ways of the Lord?
[11] And now, behold, the hand of the Lord is upon thee, and thou shalt be blind, not seeing the sun for a season. And immediately there fell on him a mist and a darkness; and he went about seeking some to lead him by the hand.

Why did Paul pray against that man ?

Principalities and powers of darkness don't die. Jesus didn't tell us to be physically violent, rather it means we should be violent in faith. Jesus never commanded any demon to die, but casted them out. It is not recorded in any place in the Bible where such prayer was made. The instructions are simple and it's better to be obedient.

You understand those scriptures wrongly. Since you said you are a Catholic I don't expect you to understand, but may God help us all

1 Like

Re: 21 Reasons Why “praying For Your Enemies To Die” Is Unscriptural by enilove(m): 7:22pm On Apr 24, 2018
JesusSonOfGod:

Principalities and powers of darkness don't die. Jesus didn't tell us to be physically violent, rather it means we should be violent in faith. Jesus never commanded any demon to die, but casted them out. It is not recorded in any place in the Bible where such prayer was made. The instructions are simple and it's better to be obedient.

You understand those scriptures wrongly. Since you said you are a Catholic I don't expect you to understand, but may God help us all

Where did I say I am a catholic?

I asked you about the case of Paul. Why did he not pray for the man? Is that not part of the scriptures?
Re: 21 Reasons Why “praying For Your Enemies To Die” Is Unscriptural by CSTR1003: 7:32pm On Apr 24, 2018
Gggg102:

They are not targeted at ordinary and innocent human beings. That is where you are wrong.

I am knowlegable about MFM but I can clearly see you are not.

BTW, is the God of the Old Testament not the God of the new testament. ?
What is these nonsense about demarcating them? Does God change?

Was it not the same God that drowned the Egyptians in the red sea, that struck down Herod with worms and blinded bar-Jesus after Paul's prayer in the acts of apostles?
Paul prayed for someone to get blind and it happened.
Were those people not human beings?

You people better go and study your bible well.

1 Like

Re: 21 Reasons Why “praying For Your Enemies To Die” Is Unscriptural by CSTR1003: 7:39pm On Apr 24, 2018
JesusSonOfGod:

Death has different meaning in dictionary.

To die also means to "cease to function".

Praying against demons to die is scriptural. You are asking them to cease function.
They do not die like humans, but they stop functioning in your life which is also death.
A demon that has been casted out to hell is dead in your life.

It is God that answers prayer according to his infinite wisdom. And he knows the meaning of death with respect to a given situation.

Your ignorance is palpable.
Re: 21 Reasons Why “praying For Your Enemies To Die” Is Unscriptural by JesusSonOfGod: 7:47pm On Apr 25, 2018
CSTR1003:

Death has different meaning in dictionary.

To die also means to "cease to function".

Praying against demons to die is scriptural. You are asking them to cease function.
They do not die like humans, but they stop functioning in your life which is also death.
A demon that has been casted out to hell is dead in your life.

It is God that answers prayer according to his infinite wisdom. And he knows the meaning of death with respect to a given situation.

Your ignorance is palpable.

My ignorance lol! Well , we all know what death means. What is so hard in doing it the way Jesus taught us other than the die die prayer. Jesus or the first Christians never prayed thatway. No where in the new testament will you see such prayer. Brother, just take care of yourself. Bye

2 Likes

Re: 21 Reasons Why “praying For Your Enemies To Die” Is Unscriptural by CSTR1003: 7:57pm On Apr 25, 2018
JesusSonOfGod:

My ignorance lol! Well , we all know what death means. What is so hard in doing it the way Jesus taught us other than the die die prayer. Jesus or the first Christians never prayed thatway. No where in the new testament will you see such prayer. Brother, just take care of yourself. Bye
Jesus never commanded anyone to go blind, but apostle Paul did.

So Paul does not know how to love his neighbour? Was bar-Jesus the sorcerer, not a human being?

Was it not the same Paul that wrote that if I speak with tongues of men and angels, but have no charity, I am nothing.
That same Paul commanded a human being to go blind and God honoured it.

Or is asking them to go blind better than asking them to die?

Well Ananias and saphara were struck down under the ministration of Peter for just lying.
Why didn't Peter complain that they are human beings and should be allowed to repent?

No ,you don't know what death means. Go to the dictionary and check the many meanings of death.
When a demon stops functioning in a life, it is dead.
A demon that is cast to hell is dead. That was why they begged Jesus not to send them there.
That is death to them.

You people need to learn the scripture well.

2 Likes

Re: 21 Reasons Why “praying For Your Enemies To Die” Is Unscriptural by JesusSonOfGod: 8:11pm On Apr 26, 2018
I
Re: 21 Reasons Why “praying For Your Enemies To Die” Is Unscriptural by JesusSonOfGod: 8:11pm On Apr 26, 2018
CSTR1003:

So Paul does not know how to love his neighbour? Was bar-Jesus the sorcerer, not a human being?

Was it not the same Paul that wrote that if I speak with tongues of men and angels, but have no charity, I am nothing.

Well Ananias and saphara were struck down under the ministration of Peter for just lying.
Why didn't Peter complain that they are human beings and should be allowed to repent?

No ,you don't know what death means. Go to the dictionary and check the many meanings of death.
A demon that is cast to hell is dead. That was why they begged Jesus not to send them there.
That is death to them.

I am not going to argue with you any further, just believe what you want. I can only put you in prayers. One day you will be delivered from man made doctrine

1 Like

Re: 21 Reasons Why “praying For Your Enemies To Die” Is Unscriptural by Ken4Christ: 10:45pm On Apr 26, 2018
CSTR1003:

That is death to them.

The Apostle Paul example is not the same as the murderous acts most folks engage in through the so called murderous acts.

First, Apostle Paul never did their for personal gains.

Second, the blindness was for a season.

Thirdly, he didn't command the man to die.

He wanted him to experience the power of God peradventure he will repent and be saved. So, there is an element of love in what he did.

Afterall, Jesus also made Apostle Paul blind for a season before he ordained him. The end result reveals the motive behind any action.

So, please, stop killing in the name of the Lord otherwise, you are not different from a murderer and no murderer have eternal life in him.

2 Likes

Re: 21 Reasons Why “praying For Your Enemies To Die” Is Unscriptural by Oracle16(m): 8:38pm On Apr 27, 2018
CSTR1003:

That is death to them.

My dear, stop deceiving yourself. The Holy Spirit is a comforter and not an assassin. All these your reasons are only known by you. 99.99% of people who pray that prayer actually mean death to their enemies (both physical enemy and spiritual). Besides, why must you use the word 'die'? Why not pray as we have been thought and commanded.

You are deceiving people the more and don't fail to know that you will be judged someday. As Christians, we have been commanded by Christ to love and love even our enemies. Thanks and may God help your understanding.

1 Like

Re: 21 Reasons Why “praying For Your Enemies To Die” Is Unscriptural by CSTR1003: 8:47pm On Apr 27, 2018
Oracle16:

My dear, stop deceiving yourself. The Holy Spirit is a comforter and not an assassin. All these your reasons are only known by you. 99.99% of people who pray that prayer actually mean death to their enemies (both physical enemy and spiritual). Besides, why must you use the word 'die'? Why not pray as we have been thought and commanded.

You are deceiving people the more and don't fail to know that you will be judged someday. As Christians, we have been commanded by Christ to love and love even our enemies. Thanks and may God help your understanding.
Oh really?

But the Holy Spirit killed Ananias and Sapphira for lying.

The Holy Spirit struck down Herod with worms for claiming God's glory.

Look at the Old Testament and see the Holy Spirit executing God's wrath on his enemies.

God does not change. His spirit does not change.
He is a consuming Fire. And he executes Judgement according to his sovereignty even till today.

The problem is that you guys have a romantic idea of God is your heads.
A one sided gospel.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Crucifixion Of Jesus: Contradictions In Gospel Accounts Of Jesus' Crucifixion / Happy Palm Sunday / Rape In The Bible

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.