Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,965 members, 7,799,278 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 06:21 PM

Kaduna Secondary School Teachers To Write Competence Test Soon – El-rufai - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Kaduna Secondary School Teachers To Write Competence Test Soon – El-rufai (8801 Views)

Teachers Registration Council Says Unqualified Teachers To Go In December / ‘pupils Drug Teachers To Cheat During Exams’ / Is It Legal For Teachers To Flog Students In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kaduna Secondary School Teachers To Write Competence Test Soon – El-rufai by Nkemakonam62: 11:39am On Mar 19, 2018
Governor Nasir el-Rufa’i of Kaduna state has disclosed that Competency tests for secondary school teachers will soon be conducted across the state to separate the incompetent ones from those that are competent.

Kaduna state government conducted similar test for the over 30,000 primary school teachers in the state last year, following which 21,780 that failed to obtain 70% pass mark were sacked and replaced with newly recruited 25,000 teachers.

Speaking on Sunday on his twitter handle, @GovKaduna, monitored in Kaduna, el-Rufai noted that the state is committed to restoring the integrity of the teaching profession.

He also revealed that the state government has decided to pay urban teachers in the state 27.5% higher than average civil servants, while rural teachers will earn 32.5% higher than their other civil service colleagues to attract the best to the teaching profession.

“We are doing our best to restore the integrity of the teaching profession. We have finished tests for primary school teachers and we are going to administer competency tests for secondary school teachers.”

The competency test for primary school teachers and subsequent sack of those that failed the test caused lot of brouhaha with the Nigeria Union of Teachers ( NUT ) and the umbrella body for workers, Nigeria Labour Congress ( NLC ) taking umbrage at what they referred to as unfair treatment of teachers.

Despite the unions embarking on protest after which they took legal action, the state government stuck by its gun and followed through with its decision. This latest step, if taken, may cause further uproar in the state.

http://www.akelicious.net/2018/03/kaduna-secondary-school-teachers-to.html

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kaduna Secondary School Teachers To Write Competence Test Soon – El-rufai by python1: 11:48am On Mar 19, 2018
Carry on my gwamna, any pained illiterate should go into farming to improve our food security rather than wasting man hours in the classroom teaching nonsense.

14 Likes

Re: Kaduna Secondary School Teachers To Write Competence Test Soon – El-rufai by Mynd44: 11:49am On Mar 19, 2018
Let the bellyaching start!

1 Like

Re: Kaduna Secondary School Teachers To Write Competence Test Soon – El-rufai by three: 11:50am On Mar 19, 2018
This guy sure knows his audience....

Keeps playing to the gallery

But many refuse to read so he makes sense to them.

Many refuse to let go of prejudice so he makes sense to them.

Many refuse to let go of tribal sentiments so he makes sense to them.

The 25k teachers you sacked and the ones you recruited that you claim had people seat exams in their stead, how has this positively affected the lives of the students?

http://www.pulse.ng/communities/student/primary-school-pupils-protest-sack-of-21-780-teachers-video-id7568443.html

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kaduna Secondary School Teachers To Write Competence Test Soon – El-rufai by NwaAmaikpe: 11:51am On Mar 19, 2018
shocked

If only Buhari could write a competence test.

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Kaduna Secondary School Teachers To Write Competence Test Soon – El-rufai by Evablizin(f): 11:51am On Mar 19, 2018
cheesy

Competence test kwa,una de crazy.
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

If only Buhari could write a competence test.
cheesy

Lol, Bubu will fail before writing the test.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kaduna Secondary School Teachers To Write Competence Test Soon – El-rufai by Angelb4: 11:51am On Mar 19, 2018
I like him for this. Let someone set the pace. Wailers can come over pls

2 Likes

Re: Kaduna Secondary School Teachers To Write Competence Test Soon – El-rufai by Queenserah26(f): 11:51am On Mar 19, 2018
Another season film loading...

1 Like

Re: Kaduna Secondary School Teachers To Write Competence Test Soon – El-rufai by NENigeria(m): 11:51am On Mar 19, 2018
KADUNA AGAIN!

2 Likes

Re: Kaduna Secondary School Teachers To Write Competence Test Soon – El-rufai by fatalhussein: 11:51am On Mar 19, 2018
Out of ideas
Re: Kaduna Secondary School Teachers To Write Competence Test Soon – El-rufai by Nobody: 11:51am On Mar 19, 2018
cheesy
Re: Kaduna Secondary School Teachers To Write Competence Test Soon – El-rufai by BMCSlayer: 11:52am On Mar 19, 2018
El-rufai reminds me of Dr Muntaka my undergrad supervisor at ABU. These men don't take nonsense.

2 Likes

Re: Kaduna Secondary School Teachers To Write Competence Test Soon – El-rufai by pweshboi(m): 11:52am On Mar 19, 2018
Please let them... I feel the high level of illiteracy common among most of the northerners is one of the Major factors dragging us back in this country. Competent teachers = Literate and up to date pupils

3 Likes

Re: Kaduna Secondary School Teachers To Write Competence Test Soon – El-rufai by MANNABBQGRILLS: 11:53am On Mar 19, 2018
GOOD ONE GUV!

1 Like

Re: Kaduna Secondary School Teachers To Write Competence Test Soon – El-rufai by sigiyaya(m): 11:53am On Mar 19, 2018
It is just that Nigeria is a useless country if not the whole teachers and even lecturers in the North are supposed to come from the south at least for a period of 30 to 35 years. The human resources from the South should be more better than Crude Oil in the south. Sometime i wonder what will happen to the Arewa if anything should happen to the now Nigerian union. They have been drinking this oil right from its discovery from the South yet they are still the poorest, uneducated and undeveloped etc

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kaduna Secondary School Teachers To Write Competence Test Soon – El-rufai by Nobody: 11:54am On Mar 19, 2018
Nice one from the midget.

1 Like

Re: Kaduna Secondary School Teachers To Write Competence Test Soon – El-rufai by Nobody: 11:54am On Mar 19, 2018
NICE
Re: Kaduna Secondary School Teachers To Write Competence Test Soon – El-rufai by mespusinglez(m): 11:54am On Mar 19, 2018
Can He Write A Speech?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kaduna Secondary School Teachers To Write Competence Test Soon – El-rufai by eleojo23: 11:54am On Mar 19, 2018
Kaduna teachers will be like...

2 Likes

Re: Kaduna Secondary School Teachers To Write Competence Test Soon – El-rufai by thunderbabs: 11:54am On Mar 19, 2018
All of dem na F9 dem go get
Re: Kaduna Secondary School Teachers To Write Competence Test Soon – El-rufai by Pengician(m): 11:55am On Mar 19, 2018
Nkemakonam62:
Governor Nasir el-Rufa’i of Kaduna state has disclosed that Competency tests for secondary school teachers will soon be conducted across the state to separate the incompetent ones from those that are competent.

Kaduna state government conducted similar test for the over 30,000 primary school teachers in the state last year, following which 21,780 that failed to obtain 70% pass mark were sacked and replaced with newly recruited 25,000 teachers.

Speaking on Sunday on his twitter handle, @GovKaduna, monitored in Kaduna, el-Rufai noted that the state is committed to restoring the integrity of the teaching profession.

He also revealed that the state government has decided to pay urban teachers in the state 27.5% higher than average civil servants, while rural teachers will earn 32.5% higher than their other civil service colleagues to attract the best to the teaching profession.

“We are doing our best to restore the integrity of the teaching profession. We have finished tests for primary school teachers and we are going to administer competency tests for secondary school teachers.”

The competency test for primary school teachers and subsequent sack of those that failed the test caused lot of brouhaha with the Nigeria Union of Teachers ( NUT ) and the umbrella body for workers, Nigeria Labour Congress ( NLC ) taking umbrage at what they referred to as unfair treatment of teachers.

Despite the unions embarking on protest after which they took legal action, the state government stuck by its gun and followed through with its decision. This latest step, if taken, may cause further uproar in the state.

http://www.akelicious.net/2018/03/kaduna-secondary-school-teachers-to.html

Better.
Re: Kaduna Secondary School Teachers To Write Competence Test Soon – El-rufai by izzyboi(m): 11:56am On Mar 19, 2018
Hello all Please you need to check this out... So urgent please www.didyouknowthesefacts.
Re: Kaduna Secondary School Teachers To Write Competence Test Soon – El-rufai by debolayinka(m): 11:57am On Mar 19, 2018
Another set of people set to lose their jobs.

Me I can do tutorials for any teacher that can pay sha, and my money no cost.

Just N500 per hour!

1 Like

Re: Kaduna Secondary School Teachers To Write Competence Test Soon – El-rufai by maxwell767(m): 11:57am On Mar 19, 2018
In NwaAmaikpe voice

shocked

I am so disappointed in this dwarf of a governor, he could have channeled the project to his principal in Aso rock, at least before you take a bath, you starts from the head

grin NwaAmaikpe come and employ me as side kick ASAP

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kaduna Secondary School Teachers To Write Competence Test Soon – El-rufai by chinawapz(m): 11:58am On Mar 19, 2018
He is looking for another trouble

1 Like

Re: Kaduna Secondary School Teachers To Write Competence Test Soon – El-rufai by nurexbaba(m): 11:59am On Mar 19, 2018
i wish any1 seeking any political office in nigeria wil b writting competency test b4 been decleared fit to paticipate for any election in nigeria.many of dem for fail.useless set of people. embarassed embarassed embarassed

1 Like

Re: Kaduna Secondary School Teachers To Write Competence Test Soon – El-rufai by fabrestove: 11:59am On Mar 19, 2018
How much dem dey pay teachers weh dis man wan frustrate person sef?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kaduna Secondary School Teachers To Write Competence Test Soon – El-rufai by Nobody: 12:00pm On Mar 19, 2018
Kaduna is a bad place to be at the moment.
Economic terrorism hlby buhari on one end,fulani and kidnapping terrorising them on the other end. El rufai's chaos terrorism them and opponents in the middle.kadunans be like "God kill me quick".Double calamity to have buhari as president and el rufai as governor.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kaduna Secondary School Teachers To Write Competence Test Soon – El-rufai by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 12:01pm On Mar 19, 2018
THE REFORMER

OP moniker reminds me of a channels TV veteran
Re: Kaduna Secondary School Teachers To Write Competence Test Soon – El-rufai by Fizah: 12:08pm On Mar 19, 2018
If only, Buhari, Atiku, Saraki , donald duke, kwankwaso, dankwambo, and Fayose would write competence test to know who to elect as our next President. grin
Re: Kaduna Secondary School Teachers To Write Competence Test Soon – El-rufai by lotusbeta: 12:11pm On Mar 19, 2018
looooool. Kaduna teachers must shape up or be kicked out. Mediocrity, and allowances for mediocres is the bane of our existences in this country

Your desire for your business to grow. We desire to see your aspirations materialize. For all your IT solutions, please contact us at Lotus Beta Analytics Nig Ltd

(1) (2) (Reply)

2019: Sanwo-olu Promises Lagos State University (LASU) Free Wi-fi If Elected / Meet 14-year-old Prakriti Malla " The Girl With The Best Handwriting" / Yabatech Students Abduct LASTMA Official, Injure 3 Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.