Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,905 members, 7,802,934 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:10 AM

WAEC Is Confused – MURIC, Reveals What Timetable Can Cause In Nigeria - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / WAEC Is Confused – MURIC, Reveals What Timetable Can Cause In Nigeria (25532 Views)

Nigerian Lady Reveals What ASUU Strike Has 'Done To Her' (Before & After Photos) / But WAEC Is No Longer What It Used To Be. Nigeria Has Happened To WAEC. / WAEC Timetable Is Anti-muslim - MURIC Cries Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: WAEC Is Confused – MURIC, Reveals What Timetable Can Cause In Nigeria by nairavsdollars(f): 4:56pm On Mar 19, 2018
MURIC- terrorist organisation

2 Likes

Re: WAEC Is Confused – MURIC, Reveals What Timetable Can Cause In Nigeria by Enemyofpeace: 4:56pm On Mar 19, 2018
Chloe88:
truth be told, am always curious why Friday a day of worship by Muslim isn't a work free day
it's not because Friday is devils birthday

2 Likes

Re: WAEC Is Confused – MURIC, Reveals What Timetable Can Cause In Nigeria by Pray(m): 4:59pm On Mar 19, 2018
There is no need to stereotype Muslims and the subjects they are likely to take. Knowledge is a universal thing and candidates are not likely to consider religion as a factor when choosing their subjects.

Kukuma do CRK.

2 Likes

Re: WAEC Is Confused – MURIC, Reveals What Timetable Can Cause In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:00pm On Mar 19, 2018
Later they will say they're a religion of peace

4 Likes

Re: WAEC Is Confused – MURIC, Reveals What Timetable Can Cause In Nigeria by kevoh(m): 5:00pm On Mar 19, 2018
LibertyRep:

Government-owned secondary schools in Nigeria close schools by 1 pm or thereabout on Fridays to allow Muslims observe Jummat service. Same thing for offices and parastatals.

Keep lying! There's no place in the public service rules that such is allowed.

All these church fellowship and Friday Jumaat prayers that civil servants hold during office hours is not permitted anywhere in the public service rules. It is only allowed because many civil servants have nothing to do at work and the management rarely frowns at it.

5 Likes

Re: WAEC Is Confused – MURIC, Reveals What Timetable Can Cause In Nigeria by kristisking(m): 5:01pm On Mar 19, 2018
Rascal. I am ashamed of our education system if this one is really a professor. This afonja man is trying hard to impress his masters. It doesn't stop him from being a slave to his masters. Very shallow minded bigot that always beat the war drum. 'Ode'

4 Likes

Re: WAEC Is Confused – MURIC, Reveals What Timetable Can Cause In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:01pm On Mar 19, 2018
LibertyRep:
It's depressing how some people just throw insults without even considering the facts raised by the man.
Had waec not be writing exams on Friday afternoon beginning from 1p.m?

5 Likes

Re: WAEC Is Confused – MURIC, Reveals What Timetable Can Cause In Nigeria by hypnotic(m): 5:02pm On Mar 19, 2018
Make Una support this guy, if he succeeds, weekend will start on Thursday

3 Likes

Re: WAEC Is Confused – MURIC, Reveals What Timetable Can Cause In Nigeria by AnodaIT(m): 5:02pm On Mar 19, 2018
WAEC was originally called May/June SSCE why all this April noise nah
Re: WAEC Is Confused – MURIC, Reveals What Timetable Can Cause In Nigeria by OGHENAOGIE(m): 5:02pm On Mar 19, 2018
Chloe88:
truth be told, am always curious why Friday a day of worship by Muslim isn't a work free day
pple go to work on Sunday's in factories and other places...security personnel de wrk to dos days...too much religion is stupidity....

5 Likes

Re: WAEC Is Confused – MURIC, Reveals What Timetable Can Cause In Nigeria by AZeD1(m): 5:04pm On Mar 19, 2018
LibertyRep:

Government-owned secondary schools in Nigeria close schools by 1 pm or thereabout on Fridays to allow Muslims observe Jummat service. Same thing for offices and parastatals.

It shouldn't be too much for WAEC to just leave the hours of 1-3pm on Fridays for Muslims to observe Jummat.

In a sane society devoid of mutual suspicion, non-muslims should even be at the forefront of the agitation for the exclusion of examination during the Jummat period.
There's no sane society with religious nut jobs.
WAEC is not a religious body and should not take region into consideration when setting time table.

Anybody who wants to go for jumat should go, those who want to go exams should do so.

It's not compulsory to write WAEC. Any student who chooses jumat can register at the next available opportunity.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: WAEC Is Confused – MURIC, Reveals What Timetable Can Cause In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:08pm On Mar 19, 2018
TheDevilIsALai:
[s][/s]

Which FG office closes by 1pm?

Is this rule applied to Federal Universities and Polys?

Unity schools close by 1:15 on Fridays to allow Muslims go to Mosque.
But don't you think the Muric has a point?
Imagine exams being scheduled on Sundays that Christians go to church, all of us will be shouting.
I believe that they actually have a point sha.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: WAEC Is Confused – MURIC, Reveals What Timetable Can Cause In Nigeria by chloride6: 5:15pm On Mar 19, 2018
Shame on waec for preferentially treating the case of Muslims.

2 Likes

Re: WAEC Is Confused – MURIC, Reveals What Timetable Can Cause In Nigeria by AAlozie(m): 5:15pm On Mar 19, 2018
Chloe88:
Even God worked on a Friday when he was creating the world. He rested on the 7th day. Got it?

1 Like

Re: WAEC Is Confused – MURIC, Reveals What Timetable Can Cause In Nigeria by maasoap(m): 5:16pm On Mar 19, 2018
victoronyekwelu:
what join waec with religion now? people will just stay and be looking for trouble since the history of waec they have been writing on Fridays and nobody complained
Now, we're complaining.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: WAEC Is Confused – MURIC, Reveals What Timetable Can Cause In Nigeria by meetbalo(m): 5:17pm On Mar 19, 2018
Before u pple throws insults at this man nd muslims, why dont u ask urselves why schools (both pry n sec) closes by 1pm on fridays. Dont just be a bigot. Ur coments on nairaland wont change the fact that WAEC will effects the changes.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: WAEC Is Confused – MURIC, Reveals What Timetable Can Cause In Nigeria by seunH: 5:18pm On Mar 19, 2018
LibertyRep:

It shouldn't be too much for WAEC to just leave the hours of 1-3pm on Fridays for Muslims to observe Jummat.

In a sane society devoid of mutual suspicion, non-muslims should even be at the forefront of the agitation for the exclusion of examination during the Jummat period.
I'm with you 100% on this, normally with the amounts of quotes you are getting, if you are not strong, you would have started questioning whether you posted rubbish or not, but believe me you what you wrote up there is the truth. Bigotry has so blinded us so much that we lose our sense of justice. I school in the north, I mean CORE north and we dare not do anything on Sundays not even fix a 5 mins test no matter how important and I support. Look for there to be peace in our world between various religions Justice and Respect is paramount. Ask those attacking you that if WAEC decided to place any of their papers on Sunday 9-12, what would be their reaction? That is when we will hear "Buhari wants to Islamize Nigeria, CAN will start releasing statements etc". in conclusion let us learn to respect one another and do justice.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: WAEC Is Confused – MURIC, Reveals What Timetable Can Cause In Nigeria by maasoap(m): 5:18pm On Mar 19, 2018
AZeD1:

There's no sane society with religious nut jobs.
WAEC is not a religious body and should not take region into consideration when setting time table.

Anybody who wants to go for jumat should go, those who want to go exams should do so.

It's not compulsory to write WAEC. Any student who chooses jumat can register at the next available opportunity.
You can say that when WAEC fixes Sunday mornings for exams, then I will believe you're not an hypocrite.
Re: WAEC Is Confused – MURIC, Reveals What Timetable Can Cause In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:19pm On Mar 19, 2018
Considering his point, Friday afternoon should have been left. But when will he start making a statement without playing victim or dishing out empty threats?

2 Likes

Re: WAEC Is Confused – MURIC, Reveals What Timetable Can Cause In Nigeria by maasoap(m): 5:20pm On Mar 19, 2018
But MURIC is not satisfied with Ojijeogu’s explanation, maintaining that it is not convincing enough, and “leaves Muslim candidates at the mercy of WAEC’s ad hoc staff, invigilators and supervisors, some of whom can be overzealous Muslim-haters”.
Even here on nairaland, we have many of them.
Re: WAEC Is Confused – MURIC, Reveals What Timetable Can Cause In Nigeria by maasoap(m): 5:21pm On Mar 19, 2018
Grayjoy:
Considering his point, Friday afternoon should have been left. But when will he start making a statement without playing victim or dishing out empty threats?
How many times do you want him to keep speaking on this before WAEC will do the right thing?
Re: WAEC Is Confused – MURIC, Reveals What Timetable Can Cause In Nigeria by AZeD1(m): 5:22pm On Mar 19, 2018
maasoap:

You can say that when WAEC fixes Sunday mornings for exams, then I will believe you're not an hypocrite.
It's doesn't matter if I say WAEC should fix Saturday mornings for exams or not, the question you should ask is if WAEC (staff) work on Sunday or not.

We cannot put religion ahead of National issues.

2 Likes

Re: WAEC Is Confused – MURIC, Reveals What Timetable Can Cause In Nigeria by biggy26: 5:24pm On Mar 19, 2018
This ishaq man eh. make shark no swallow am one day o.

1 Like

Re: WAEC Is Confused – MURIC, Reveals What Timetable Can Cause In Nigeria by Ojemedad: 5:24pm On Mar 19, 2018
Chloe88:
You are lazy worker ��

1 Like

Re: WAEC Is Confused – MURIC, Reveals What Timetable Can Cause In Nigeria by maasoap(m): 5:25pm On Mar 19, 2018
kristisking:
Rascal. I am ashamed of our education system if this one is really a professor. This afonja man is trying hard to impress his masters. It doesn't stop him from being a slave to his masters. Very shallow minded bigot that always beat the war drum. 'Ode'
I'm sure that you are so overwhelmed by his submission that you didn't know how to counter him. Therefore, you had to go back to the old boring trash.

2 Likes

Re: WAEC Is Confused – MURIC, Reveals What Timetable Can Cause In Nigeria by maasoap(m): 5:27pm On Mar 19, 2018
AZeD1:

It's doesn't matter if I say WAEC should fix Saturday mornings for exams or not, the question you should ask is if WAEC (staff) work on Sunday or not.

We cannot put religion ahead of National issues.
So, that's the best way to justify their action? That's why we say many of you are hypocrites.

2 Likes

Re: WAEC Is Confused – MURIC, Reveals What Timetable Can Cause In Nigeria by LZAA: 5:27pm On Mar 19, 2018
TheDevilIsALai:
[s][/s]
Which FG office closes by 1pm?
Is this rule applied to Federal Universities and Polys?
if u no sabi something ask! ALL gov schools and offices do it on friday

1 Like

Re: WAEC Is Confused – MURIC, Reveals What Timetable Can Cause In Nigeria by kristisking(m): 5:28pm On Mar 19, 2018
maasoap:

I'm sure that you are so overwhelmed by his submission that you didn't know how to counter him. Therefore, you had to go back to the old boring trash.
Afonja slave spotted here

2 Likes

Re: WAEC Is Confused – MURIC, Reveals What Timetable Can Cause In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:29pm On Mar 19, 2018
This cult called Islam is cancer to d world

Maybe Catholics will equally agitate that no exam holds by 12 noon as they say Angelus by that time

No exam to hold by 3 as they say Divine mercy prayer by 3.

Ndi ara Mumuric

3 Likes

Re: WAEC Is Confused – MURIC, Reveals What Timetable Can Cause In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:31pm On Mar 19, 2018
maasoap:

How many times do you want him to keep speaking on this before WAEC will do the right thing?
Am nt dwelling on this WAEC issue, wenever makes a call he wrap it with threats, I mean threats that if carried out will leave d country in chaos cause there must be retaliation. The other day spoke about d NBA he issued threat every statement he makes carries threat. So much for a prof.

3 Likes

Re: WAEC Is Confused – MURIC, Reveals What Timetable Can Cause In Nigeria by dragnet: 5:32pm On Mar 19, 2018
what is wrong in requesting for just two hours (1 - 3)pm ?
He never asked for the whole day to be examination-free, did He?.
Christians are always the first to preach "religious tolerance", yet they don't exemplify such, would you prefer that your classmate fails the exam because he has to perform his religious obligation while you take same examination you both paid for? and you have a whole day to yourself for similar religious obligation and all he requires is two hours which you deny him.

4 Likes

Re: WAEC Is Confused – MURIC, Reveals What Timetable Can Cause In Nigeria by alwaysvik: 5:33pm On Mar 19, 2018
Religion - the root of the Nigerian problem.

How can a PROFESSOR be identified with this potentially explosive agitation. This mischievous protest achieves nothing other than to accentuate our disunity and to further widen the already precarious religious and tribal cracks in the Nigerian nation state. As far as I'm concerned no serious-minded student would come out to debate this timetable when all he wants is to study and pass. But these over-zealous, out-of-touch-with-reality, outdated clerics come out and preach otherwise. We really need to get our priorities straight in this country.

I'm not God, but I do not think God will judge you wrong for doing something legal to better your life - exams included. If he wants, he can grant you as many Fridays as He wishes for you to worship Him. You fighting over just one Friday when its out of your control is seriously despicable at this level.

Just read this statement: "WAEC is pursuing an aggressive anti-Islam policy. Fixing examinations during Jumat service gives non-Muslims undue advantage over Muslims. This is discriminatory and unjust." It does not hold water if you consider the following:

Prof. Ishaq Oloyede's JAMB fixes exams for Saturdays - 7th day adventists go to church on this day; Jehovah's Witnesses go to preach on Saturdays, Choir masters and mistresses have to prepare songs for Sunday on this day. Idol worshipers - Ogboni Confraternity might fix a festival for this day (I've seen one). But no one complains, and rightly so. Not becuase they cannot but because we have a common understanding that WAEC prepares a purely secular timetable, one which every candidate is expected adjust to and work with. I will like to challenge Professor to swear he has never written a Friday exam in his career. I'm sure he stopped short of asking why exams are not fixed for Sundays. Well, Nigeria - being a secular state recognizes Saturdays and Sundays as holidays - just like many other countries.

So I urge this attention seeker of a Professor and his misguided horde of religious bigots to shove this inane fight up their behinds, or look for something better to clamor about. I will also reserve some blame to WAEC (WEST AFRICA Exams Council) not for setting the timetable, but for setting dangerous precedence by rewarding these kind of call some abysmally unmerited feedback. In a sane world, it should have been treated as background noise - equal to those of the generators I'm sure power their Yaba offices.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Best University In Nigeria To Study Mechanical Engineering / Ekiti Government Pays Condolence Visit To Parents Of Slain FUOYE Students / OKEOWO OLUWASEYI PAUL: Best Graduating Student Federal University Oye Ekiti

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.