Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,558 members, 7,809,032 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:28 PM

Rhema Chapel Pastor Was Into Occultism - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Rhema Chapel Pastor Was Into Occultism (15188 Views)

Women Working At Church Children's Chapel (Photos) / Atheist: Do You Believe In Witches, Spirits, Occultism, Juju? / Bishop Oyedepo Fires Back At Erelu Agbaye, Says Allegation Of Occultism Amounts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Rhema Chapel Pastor Was Into Occultism by AloyEmeka5: 4:55am On May 03, 2010
[size=14pt]Search for power led me into occultism, Say Rev. Adegboye [/size]

Saturday, May 1, 2010
George Adegboye, President and Founder of Rhema Chapel International Churche with headquarters in Ilorin, Kwara State is one of the top_flight evangelists in Nigeria. Known for prophetic and peculiar anointing, especially at crusade grounds, his ability to quote the Scriptures copiously has endeared him to many Christians both in Nigeria and overseas. He is described as the living encyclopedia of the Bible.

Reverend George Adegboye:, the search for political, economic and social power led me into occultism

advertisement

Last week, Adegboye was in Lagos to commission one of the new branches of his thriving church, located in Shomolu area of Lagos, where he relived memories of his encounter with Christ, and how the search for power and money led him into occult world several years back and many more. This is Adegboye’s confession….

What’s happening here today?

We are inaugurating one of our branches situated in Shomolu, Lagos. Already, we have eleven other branches operating in Lagos here. This is the twelve branch we are establishing in Lagos. We started setting up churches in Lagos since 1991.

You were running a media outreach before now, what happened to that ministry?

We had the need to attend to other areas of my ministry. I had to attend to the building of our international convention centre in Illorin and also, attend to other things of importance like setting up outreaches overseas. That took away our attention and finances. But right now, we are planning to stage a come back to our media outreach in a big way.

Media outreach for us, is about going on air to preach the gospel. This time around, we want to be on several television stations as can give us prime air-time.

How did you derive the name the “working Bible?

I got the name, “working Bible” when I started traveling around the world preaching the gospel of salvation. The white people whom I came in contact with, while doing the work of God, had a way of describing the fascinating way I quote the scripture.

My ability to quote the scripture excellently earned me the name. They marvelled at it. The name has become synonymous with my ability to quote relevant portions of the scripture in line with whatever point or argument that I’m making while preaching the gospel.

What’s your belief?

We believe in the word of God, we believe in the influence of the Holy spirit. We believe in the resurrection of the death, we believe in the judgement of the sinner as well as the believer. We also believe in soul-winning and the study of the word of God.

I am a working miracle myself. If you hear my story, you will know that there’s God. I am a living expression of God’s miraculous power.

How? What’s your story?

Well, I was born about 53 years ago, precisely in Ofa, to the family of Mr and Mrs. Samuel Adegboye. My father was the Chief Executive of Education in the Northern part of the country. I had my early education in such places as Kastina, Kano, Borno and many other cities in the North.

I attended Ofa Grammar School from 1969 to 1973, where I completed my School Certificate Examination. I later proceeded to GSS, Okene, where I did my HSC from 1973 to 1975. I got admission to study at the University of Ibadan from 1975 to 1978, where I got my first degree and also, my Masters degree respectively.

I went into occultism because when my father died in 1973, it was believed that he was killed by some people who had diabolical powers.

So, I got myself involved in occultic practice as a way of protecting myself. And it was that bad. Between 1973 to 1980, I was involved in so many occultic practices. But God in his infinite mercies brought me out of the kingdom of darkness, to the point that I gave my life to Christ in 1980. And since then, I never looked back. That’s about 30 years ago.

I have been traveling all over the world preaching the gospel of salvation. I lectured at the Kwara State Polytechnic for two years before veering into full time ministry.

How did you meet Christ?

http://odili.net/news/source/2010/may/1/322.html
Re: Rhema Chapel Pastor Was Into Occultism by bee444: 4:00pm On May 03, 2010
Thanks for remembering us of his past. I think he was being honest to have had the gut to come out and say that of his past, everyone is got one.

Unlike some Nigerian Pastors that pretends they don't have one and has never been into anything illegal. Some Nigerian Pastors even pretends they don't shit and sin at the same time. I refuse to see these so-called "men of God" as holy or perfect.

(1) (Reply)

The Church Of GOD In Nigeria Is Not The Government Of Nigeria - Nneka Okumazie / Atheist Please Educate Me On The Existence And Potency Of African Voodoo / Christmas: Father Mbaka Gives Rice To Orphans, Crippled & Widows (pics,video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.