Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,296 members, 7,808,006 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:29 AM

Ambode's Land Use Charge: A Wake Up Call To Landlords Especially Igbos - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ambode's Land Use Charge: A Wake Up Call To Landlords Especially Igbos (27074 Views)

Group Protests Against Lagos Land Use Charge, Gives Ambode Horns On The Head / Insertion Of Alpha Beta In Lagos Land Use Law ‘A Mistake’ – House Of Assembly / Ambode Pays His Land Use Charge At GTBank (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ambode's Land Use Charge: A Wake Up Call To Landlords Especially Igbos by Nobody: 3:26pm On Mar 19, 2018
5 years ago when I was barely 2 years in Lagos, I was moving about getting acquainted with the environment. There was this particular area of Lagos that I stumbled upon. As at then, it was scarely populated aND had dense vegetation all around. In fact at a point, some youths including me and my friends pass through the bush to play ball right in the middle of that area.

3 years later, that place metamorphosed into one of the most developing beautiful residential areas in Lagos. So I heard!! Just last week, I happened to go there to see if I can get an apartment for myself, the structures I saw there made me cry. Money was literally talking. If you go there and you are not challenged to do better for yourself, then know you're irredeemably poor.

I met a Landlord there and we were gisting. He told me that during their estate monthly Landlord meeting, If they were hundred in number, 90 of them are Igbos, with 10 from different parts of the country.

You know When some people say, Igbos developed Lagos, I wave it aside even though I'm a proud Igbo man but with what I saw yesterday and what I had seen in different parts of the Lagos especially developing areas, that statement has a whole lot of truth in it.

And now to the real gist of the day.

Ambode decided to reap lagos landlords of their money and increased the land use charge to an all time high rate. After a public outcry, he reduced it but it's still high.
Well I have no issues, he can raise it to power 1000 for all I care. All I want Is for him to do something that will make our brothers here to join those already building mansions in the east to do the same.
Suspend all your residential mansions here. Go home and build that mansion. You can live in a rent here or better still, build a zinc house here and do your mansion in east.

I'm saying this without bias or prejudice, the spirit of the Igbo man is the best you can find. To him, everywhere is home. He's very accommodating.

Ambode is showing signs that he's not an accommodating person. In saner climes, government gives you good reliefs just to come and invest in the place but Lagos government sees it as an opportunity to milk people

On a final note, before you build a mansion in a Lagos, make sure you have 3 better ones in the east. Never build a house in Lagos if you don't have in the east. Owerri, Enugu, Port Harcourt, Aba and indeed every nook and cranny of the east is available for you to build a serene and comfortable home.

Charity they say begins at home. East Is your home!!!!

33 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Ambode's Land Use Charge: A Wake Up Call To Landlords Especially Igbos by educhigo: 3:36pm On Mar 19, 2018
i'm from anambara state and i plan to build house in asaba delta state please i want to know if i'm save i need advice pls my follow people

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ambode's Land Use Charge: A Wake Up Call To Landlords Especially Igbos by Nobody: 3:39pm On Mar 19, 2018
educhigo:
i'm from anambara state and i plan to build house in asaba delta state please i want to know if i'm save i need advice pls my follow people
Where are you based now
Re: Ambode's Land Use Charge: A Wake Up Call To Landlords Especially Igbos by educhigo: 3:44pm On Mar 19, 2018
i base abroad
Re: Ambode's Land Use Charge: A Wake Up Call To Landlords Especially Igbos by educhigo: 3:48pm On Mar 19, 2018
i'm outside nigeria for getting 7years
Re: Ambode's Land Use Charge: A Wake Up Call To Landlords Especially Igbos by deeptechcool(m): 3:57pm On Mar 19, 2018
FortifiedCity:
5 years ago when I was barely 2 years in Lagos, I was moving about getting acquainted with the environment. There was this particular area of Lagos that I stumbled upon. As at then, it was scarely populated aND had dense vegetation all around. In fact at a point, some youths including me and my friends pass through the bush to play ball right in the middle of that area.

3 years later, that place metamorphosed into one of the most developing beautiful residential areas in Lagos. So I heard!! Just last week, I happened to go there to see if I can get an apartment for myself, the structures I saw there made me cry. Money was literally talking. If you go there and you are not challenged to do better for yourself, then know you're irredeemably poor.

I met a Landlord there and we were gisting. He told me that during their estate monthly Landlord meeting, If they were hundred in number, 90 of them are Igbos, with 10 from different parts of the country.

You know When some people say, Igbos developed Lagos, I wave it aside even though I'm a proud Igbo man but with what I saw yesterday and what I had seen in different parts of the Lagos especially developing areas, that statement has a whole lot of truth in it.

Ambode decided to reap lagos landlords of their money and increased the land use charge to an all time high rate. After a public outcry, he reduced it but it's still high.
Well I have no issues, he can raise it to power 1000 for all I care. All I want Is for him to do something that will make our brothers here to join those already building mansions in the east to do the same.
Suspend all your residential mansions here. Go home and build that mansion. You can live in a rent here or better still, build a zinc house here and do your mansion in east.

I'm saying this without bias or prejudice, the spirit of the Igbo man is the best you can find. To him, everywhere is home. He's very accommodating.

Ambode is showing signs that he's not an accommodating person. In saner climes, government gives you good reliefs just to come and invest in the place but Lagos government sees it as an opportunity to milk people

On a final note, before you build a mansion in a Lagos, make sure you have 3 better ones in the east. Never build a house in Lagos if you don't have in the east. Owerri, Enugu, Port Harcourt, Aba and indeed every nook and cranny of the east is available for you to build a serene and comfortable home.

Please, where in Lagos are you talking about?

8 Likes

Re: Ambode's Land Use Charge: A Wake Up Call To Landlords Especially Igbos by AdaFonju: 4:11pm On Mar 19, 2018
Is Port Harcourt in the east

3 Likes

Re: Ambode's Land Use Charge: A Wake Up Call To Landlords Especially Igbos by Nobody: 4:13pm On Mar 19, 2018
AdaFonju:
Is Port Harcourt in the east
Where is Portaharcourt?

13 Likes

Re: Ambode's Land Use Charge: A Wake Up Call To Landlords Especially Igbos by Nobody: 4:15pm On Mar 19, 2018
deeptechcool:

Please, where in Lagos are you talking about?
So that you and Ambode will carry your wahala and go there?

I'm not telling you

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ambode's Land Use Charge: A Wake Up Call To Landlords Especially Igbos by Nobody: 4:15pm On Mar 19, 2018
educhigo:
When are you coming home?
Re: Ambode's Land Use Charge: A Wake Up Call To Landlords Especially Igbos by Nobody: 4:16pm On Mar 19, 2018
educhigo:
i base abroad
You'll still come home. Asaba is also a great place. Do you have any particular area in mind?

4 Likes

Re: Ambode's Land Use Charge: A Wake Up Call To Landlords Especially Igbos by Olril18(m): 4:17pm On Mar 19, 2018
FortifiedCity:

ndi developers ....lol

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ambode's Land Use Charge: A Wake Up Call To Landlords Especially Igbos by AdaFonju: 4:18pm On Mar 19, 2018
FortifiedCity:
Where is Portaharcourt?
Check your map, and knock your head

12 Likes

Re: Ambode's Land Use Charge: A Wake Up Call To Landlords Especially Igbos by adadike(f): 4:19pm On Mar 19, 2018
educhigo:
yes, anywhere in igboland is safe for you except owerri. I don't understand Rochas again.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Ambode's Land Use Charge: A Wake Up Call To Landlords Especially Igbos by Herdsmen: 4:19pm On Mar 19, 2018
educhigo:

Asaba is cool to buy property...
The community behind the airport is sWilling..at good price..

6 Likes

Re: Ambode's Land Use Charge: A Wake Up Call To Landlords Especially Igbos by Nobody: 4:22pm On Mar 19, 2018
AdaFonju:

Check your map, and knock your head
Ok you can now go. You are discharged.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ambode's Land Use Charge: A Wake Up Call To Landlords Especially Igbos by Nobody: 4:23pm On Mar 19, 2018
Olril18:

ndi developers ....lol
Is that all you got?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ambode's Land Use Charge: A Wake Up Call To Landlords Especially Igbos by AdaFonju: 4:26pm On Mar 19, 2018
FortifiedCity:
Ok you can now go. You are discharged.
Likewise, you have been enlightened, don't make that mistake again

2 Likes

Re: Ambode's Land Use Charge: A Wake Up Call To Landlords Especially Igbos by educhigo: 4:38pm On Mar 19, 2018
yes,asaba okpanam area near airport i have buy the land but i'm afraid because i use to read some nairaland news and see some writers who saying that asaba is not part of igbo
Re: Ambode's Land Use Charge: A Wake Up Call To Landlords Especially Igbos by Nobody: 4:38pm On Mar 19, 2018
AdaFonju:

Likewise, you have been enlightened, don't make that mistake again

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ambode's Land Use Charge: A Wake Up Call To Landlords Especially Igbos by educhigo: 4:40pm On Mar 19, 2018
that's why i'm afraid to develop the land

1 Like

Re: Ambode's Land Use Charge: A Wake Up Call To Landlords Especially Igbos by Nobody: 4:42pm On Mar 19, 2018
educhigo:
yes,asaba okpanam area near airport i have buy the land but i'm afraid because i use to read some nairaland news and see some writers who saying that asaba is not part of igbo
Fence the land and leave it to appreciate.

You can get another at the outskirts of your town and gradually build a mansion of your dreams. You can now build anything you like in Asaba.

1 Like

Re: Ambode's Land Use Charge: A Wake Up Call To Landlords Especially Igbos by educhigo: 4:51pm On Mar 19, 2018
ok,thank you for the good advise
Re: Ambode's Land Use Charge: A Wake Up Call To Landlords Especially Igbos by mabea: 4:58pm On Mar 19, 2018
It's a painful thing that igbos are busy developing other people's land. I was shocked the day i went to tradefair. Before this time there's this vast area between festac and autoparts, covered with shrubs and palm trees but now the whole place has been transformed to a worldclass estate. Yet the 'hosts' will rob it in on your face asking you to leave their land. Amuwo odofin is another e.g not to mention ajah.

14 Likes

Re: Ambode's Land Use Charge: A Wake Up Call To Landlords Especially Igbos by Nobody: 5:04pm On Mar 19, 2018
mabea:
It's a painful thing that igbos are busy developing other people's land. I was shocked the day i went to tradefair. Before this time there's this vast area between festac and autoparts, covered with shrubs and palm trees but now the whole place has been transformed to a worldclass estate. Yet the 'hosts' will rob it in on your face asking you to leave their land. Amuwo odofin is another e.g not to mention ajah.
Bros it's really something of great concern.

But honestly I have only one consolation in all these

4 Likes

Re: Ambode's Land Use Charge: A Wake Up Call To Landlords Especially Igbos by Kestolovee95(f): 5:29pm On Mar 19, 2018
educhigo:

Asaba is one of the best places to build now. I don't know of any serious Anambra-based businessman who doesnt own a land or house in Asaba.

10 Likes

Re: Ambode's Land Use Charge: A Wake Up Call To Landlords Especially Igbos by Nigeriabiafra80: 5:34pm On Mar 19, 2018
Don't worry igbos will buy off the slums from Yoruba landlord,

Re: Ambode's Land Use Charge: A Wake Up Call To Landlords Especially Igbos by T9ksy(m): 5:39pm On Mar 19, 2018
But Op, one question that keeps invading my consciousnesswhen i read threads like yours is, "why is it that ibos will go to unimaginable ends (die) just to "develop" their enemies' land than their ancestral land"?

Abi, na curse?

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ambode's Land Use Charge: A Wake Up Call To Landlords Especially Igbos by Temmy5050(m): 5:51pm On Mar 19, 2018
you work in lagos make ur money in lagos . lagos made u,yet u cant give back to the society that made u can u sincerely accord a yoruba man the freedom to do whatever he likes as u are doing in their land now? ...shoir. leopard cannot change its spot

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ambode's Land Use Charge: A Wake Up Call To Landlords Especially Igbos by deeptechcool(m): 5:56pm On Mar 19, 2018
FortifiedCity:
So that you and Ambode will carry your wahala and go there?

I'm not telling you

Could you please mention an instance where Lagos law is targeted at non-indegenes?

8 Likes

Re: Ambode's Land Use Charge: A Wake Up Call To Landlords Especially Igbos by mabea: 6:05pm On Mar 19, 2018
FortifiedCity:
Bros it's really something of great concern.

But honestly I have only one consolation in all these
You know the funny thing about this, people often talk about lagos but the truth is igbos are developing people's lands all across nigeria. Here in calabar many yorubas have spent years here but you hardly see anyone of them with landlord to his name they all go to ibadan to build but it's not so with the igbos here.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ambode's Land Use Charge: A Wake Up Call To Landlords Especially Igbos by horsepower101: 6:06pm On Mar 19, 2018
educhigo:

My brother, I highly encourage you to buy land in Asaba. They sell land 100 by 100. My brother and I bought land there last December.

Rapid development happening

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply)

INEC Fixes 20th March For Completion Of Rivers Governorship Election / APC Convention: Aspirants Defy Buhari, Refuse To Embrace Consensus / Edo 2020: Tinubu Endorses Ize-Iyamu,asks Edo Voters To Reject Obaseki (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.