Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,682 members, 7,801,965 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:07 AM

What Happens To The Engagement Ring? - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Happens To The Engagement Ring? (31390 Views)

What Happens To Orphanage Kids That Weren't Adopted and grew to adulthood? / What Happens After Marriage? How Would You Advise The Unmarried? / For How Long Should An Engagement Ring Be Worn? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Happens To The Engagement Ring? by Sagamite(m): 12:51pm On Mar 27, 2018
baby124:

Answer my question. Stop dancing around it now. You know my question hook you well.

No, darling. You are the one that has not answer my question which was asked twice.

You are the one dancing skelewu to my hook.

I ask again: Explain to me how an engagement ring is a "gift".

1 Like

Re: What Happens To The Engagement Ring? by Sagamite(m): 12:58pm On Mar 27, 2018
cococandy:
But everything you wrote here doesn’t have anything to do with rings. there are no (feminism-driven) laws that mandate people on what to do with engagement rings after the engagement is broken. It’s a personal thing. Some people may want to give it back while others may not want to regardless of their stance on feminism.

You anti-feminists often reach far and wide in search for shyt to toss at feminism. No matter how unrelated.

Well you tried to make the connection. In my opinion, it didn’t stick. Have a wonderful day

You seem not to comprehend the point.

What do you mean by: "There are no (feminism-driven) laws that mandate people on what to do with engagement rings after the engagement is broken"?

You really struggle to comprehend these points:

If a law is likely to, on most occassions, disadvantage women, it would be changed.

If a law is likely to, on most occassions, disadvantage men, nothing would happen even though everyone knows it is wrong.

What relevance is the point of "what people want to do"?

You don't comprehend how laws give people power to use and abuse?

Why should the woman have the choice/right to give it back or not? Did she pay for it?

Does that right of choice make sense to you?

Or it is more sense to say the giver/buyer should choose whether he wants it back or not? And does the law back this simple and right logic?

2 Likes

Re: What Happens To The Engagement Ring? by Sagamite(m): 12:59pm On Mar 27, 2018
aflyingbird:
lol @ Sagamite calling me a feminist. grin

So you are not a feminist, just selfish and illogical like the average woman?

2 Likes

Re: What Happens To The Engagement Ring? by Sagamite(m): 1:06pm On Mar 27, 2018
vivaciousvivi:

Clearly the word sarcasm is lost on a loser like you. No wonder the flossie dumped ur a.ss.
Lol.
Even wasted time uploading a video for a "moronic fuuktard" who won't be bothered to watch it.
Loser who is intimidated by so called feminists.
Shameless goat.
Be here arguing with a woman while your mates are out there being productive. Oh I forget, that's exactly what gives u the hots.
Moving on jare.....

Moronic fuuktard, you have no data to watch the videos?

Did I not advise you to call one of the men you open up to and demand credit?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dy7kb5ABsyk&t=0s

Foool!

1 Like

Re: What Happens To The Engagement Ring? by EfemenaXY: 1:55am On Mar 28, 2018
Sagamite:
When an engagement is cancelled and the couple previously intending to marry decide to go their separate ways, what do you think should happen to the engagement ring?

Return it. It’s the decent thing to do.

HOWEVER...If the reason for the breakup is down to the guy i.e. him being:

~ An unscrupulous two-timing, double-dating love rat

~ An untrustworthy fellow who lied about having kids from previous relationships

~ Is/was a violent brute

~ A scammer

~ Hid his ex-con status from her

~ A tight-wad who’ll make even Scrooge blush angry

~ Deliberately let her biological clock tick away for years knowing fully well he had no intention of marrying her [SHOCK!] shocked shocked

AND

If the engagement ring is valuable - as in it’s worth 5+ figures in £££££...

Then yes, she should make a fake copy of the ring and return that to him whilst keeping the real deal undecided

Howdy Saga baby? kiss kiss kiss
Re: What Happens To The Engagement Ring? by vivaciousvivi(f): 8:26am On Mar 28, 2018
Sagamite:

Moronic fuuktard, you have no data to watch the videos?

Did I not advise you to call one of the men you open up to and demand credit?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dy7kb5ABsyk&t=0s

Foool!

Idiot! Learn to actually read and understand. I have no data to waste to open your useless vids. Childish rantings of a stupid "man". Not far fetched to understand why d flossie dumped ur childish a.ss. Lol.
Give it a rest boo, the feminism you fear so much is here to stay.
#IfYouKnow,YouKnow
Re: What Happens To The Engagement Ring? by Sagamite(m): 3:25pm On Mar 29, 2018
vivaciousvivi:

Idiot! Learn to actually read and understand. I have no data to waste to open your useless vids. Childish rantings of a stupid "man". Not far fetched to understand why d flossie dumped ur childish a.ss. Lol.
Give it a rest boo, the feminism you fear so much is here to stay.
#IfYouKnow,YouKnow

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uwdMAYGYVG0&t=0s

Cretinous fuuktard c*nt talking about reading and understanding! grin
Re: What Happens To The Engagement Ring? by Sagamite(m): 3:26pm On Mar 29, 2018
EfemenaXY:

Return it. It’s the decent thing to do.

HOWEVER...If the reason for the breakup is down to the guy i.e. him being:

~ An unscrupulous two-timing, double-dating love rat

~ An untrustworthy fellow who lied about having kids from previous relationships

~ Is/was a violent brute

~ A scammer

~ Hid his ex-con status from her

~ A tight-wad who’ll make even Scrooge blush angry

~ Deliberately let her biological clock tick away for years knowing fully well he had no intention of marrying her [SHOCK!] shocked shocked

AND

If the engagement ring is valuable - as in it’s worth 5+ figures in £££££...

Then yes, she should make a fake copy of the ring and return that to him whilst keeping the real deal undecided

That is 419 fraud, darling. grin

EfemenaXY:

Howdy Saga baby? kiss kiss kiss

Am good, sweets!

How family life?
Re: What Happens To The Engagement Ring? by bukatyne(f): 4:08pm On Mar 29, 2018
cococandy:

I would give it back.

Wearing your ring means that I agree to marry you.

When that agreement is no longer in place, there is no reason to keep it.

And this topic has nothing to do with feminism.

Thanks for typing for me smiley

1 Like

Re: What Happens To The Engagement Ring? by armyofone(m): 4:16pm On Mar 29, 2018
Sagamite, I can't believe you are still fighting xx- you of all people should gladly say "baby, please keep the ring and do whatever with it and I will always love you"
tongue
Re: What Happens To The Engagement Ring? by Sagamite(m): 6:40pm On Mar 29, 2018
armyofone:
Sagamite, I can't believe you are still fighting xx- you of all people should gladly say "baby, please keep the ring and do whatever with it and I will always love you"
tongue

Babes, I am only fighting for manhood, not myself.

My engagement ring can never be worth more than £26.99, so she can keep it. cool

I can afford to lose less than I would spend on taking her on 4 KFC dates. grin
Re: What Happens To The Engagement Ring? by vivaciousvivi(f): 7:22pm On Mar 29, 2018
Sagamite:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uwdMAYGYVG0&t=0s

Cretinous fuuktard c*nt talking about reading and understanding! grin

Try growing up just a bit child.
I know it's hard, but just try...Mr I- fear-feminists.
Radarada
Re: What Happens To The Engagement Ring? by armyofone(m): 7:58pm On Mar 29, 2018
Your pals in Silicone valley have left you behind grin
By the time she is done modifying you huh, let me lipsrsealed grin

KFC? Abeg Blooming Onion for lunch and Ruth Chris for dinner! Na man with head on his shoulders go be chics portion.
Sagamite:

Babes, I am only fighting for manhood, not myself.

My engagement ring can never be worth more than £26.99, so she can keep it. cool

I can afford to lose less than I would spend on taking her on 4 KFC dates. grin
Re: What Happens To The Engagement Ring? by Sagamite(m): 8:57am On Mar 30, 2018
vivaciousvivi:

Try growing up just a bit child.
I know it's hard, but just try...Mr I- fear-feminists.
Radarada

Shut up, cretinous fuuktard!

Try and get a brain and stop being a slutcunt.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKxk8HhjsiE&t=0s
Re: What Happens To The Engagement Ring? by Sagamite(m): 9:02am On Mar 30, 2018
armyofone:
Your pals in Silicone valley have left you behind grin
By the time she is done modifying you huh, let me lipsrsealed grin

They can never achieve what I achieve in my Garri Valley. cool

Do you know how much eba Nigerians eat?

I sell like 20 bags a month.

armyofone:

KFC? Abeg Blooming Onion for lunch and Ruth Chris for dinner! Na man with head on his shoulders go be chics portion.

Ahhhh! You are my kind of girl.

Cheap date.

Of course I can fry you onions on a lunch date. I would put maggi in it too just to show class.

As for eating Ruth Chris for dinner, sorry, I am from Sagamu, not Calabar or Akwa Ibom. We don't do cannibalism. undecided
Re: What Happens To The Engagement Ring? by vivaciousvivi(f): 8:45pm On Mar 30, 2018
Sagamite:

Shut up, cretinous fuuktard!

Try and get a brain and stop being a slutcunt.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKxk8HhjsiE&t=0s
Another stupid post from Mr. Stupid who is scared of feminists.
Come shut me up idiot!
I'm here shaking in my boots.... grin
Re: What Happens To The Engagement Ring? by Sagamite(m): 9:40pm On Mar 30, 2018
vivaciousvivi:

Another stupid post from Mr. Stupid who is scared of feminists.
Come shut me up idiot!
I'm here shaking in my boots.... grin

Let the guys that shove cock up your stinking mouth do the shutting you up. Not interested in doing that to community recharge card ho.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTMcSoOZnD0
Re: What Happens To The Engagement Ring? by vivaciousvivi(f): 1:00pm On Mar 31, 2018
Sagamite:

Let the guys that shove cock up your stinking mouth do the shutting you up. Not interested in doing that to community recharge card ho.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTMcSoOZnD0
Who asked u to be interested?
Dog like u?
Lol
Moving on jare
Re: What Happens To The Engagement Ring? by Iwanttoto: 1:26pm On Mar 31, 2018
vivaciousvivi:

Dog like u?
Lol
Moving on jare

U and sagamite all the time.
Is there something you are not telling us about una history?

Una 2 go makes wonderful husbant and wive
Re: What Happens To The Engagement Ring? by vivaciousvivi(f): 3:47pm On Mar 31, 2018
Iwanttoto:

The God I serve forbids bad and distasteful things biko my brother!
I reject am grin
Re: What Happens To The Engagement Ring? by Sagamite(m): 4:07pm On Mar 31, 2018
vivaciousvivi:

Dog like u?
Lol
Moving on jare

Even as a dog, their are biiitches I don't do. grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qUCfm5zJfeI
Re: What Happens To The Engagement Ring? by Sagamite(m): 4:09pm On Mar 31, 2018
Iwanttoto:

Mate, I am straight, alpha male.

I don't do transvestites.
Re: What Happens To The Engagement Ring? by vivaciousvivi(f): 6:23pm On Mar 31, 2018
Sagamite:

Excpet for the flossie that tossed back ur ring.
Anywhooo..as long as u agreed u are a dog sha and even then, dogs have levels!
grin
Re: What Happens To The Engagement Ring? by vivaciousvivi(f): 6:23pm On Mar 31, 2018
Sagamite:

Except for the flossie that tossed back ur ring.
grin
Re: What Happens To The Engagement Ring? by AlPeter: 10:02pm On Mar 31, 2018
Sagamite:

damn dawg, that's as harsh as six packs of ice. Amazing comeback, perfecto. **rushes outa thread**

1 Like

Re: What Happens To The Engagement Ring? by MrBrownJay1(m): 12:14pm On Apr 05, 2018
Sagamite:
When an engagement is cancelled and the couple previously intending to marry decide to go their separate ways, what do you think should happen to the engagement ring?

it all depends on who cancelled the marriage plans:
- if it is the man because of some BS excuses then let the would-be bride KEEP the damn ring
- if it is the man because the would-be bride did something unacceptable then the ring should be TAKEN back
- if it is the bride because she changed her mind on marrying that man then let her RETURN the ring
- if it is the bride because she found out her would-be hubby is a "demon in saint costume" then let her KEEP the ring
Re: What Happens To The Engagement Ring? by Sagamite(m): 2:48pm On Apr 06, 2018
vivaciousvivi:

Except for the flossie that tossed back ur ring.
grin

Of course dogs have levels.

Topdogs don't do hoodrats and hos like you. cool

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vzU3TdqUKQ

1 Like

Re: What Happens To The Engagement Ring? by Sagamite(m): 2:49pm On Apr 06, 2018
AlPeter:
damn dawg, that's as harsh as six packs of ice. Amazing comeback, perfecto. **rushes outa thread**

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Re: What Happens To The Engagement Ring? by Sagamite(m): 2:52pm On Apr 06, 2018
MrBrownJay1:

it all depends on who cancelled the marriage plans:
- if it is the man because of some BS excuses then let the would-be bride KEEP the damn ring
- if it is the man because the would-be bride did something unacceptable then the ring should be TAKEN back
- if it is the bride because she changed her mind on marrying that man then let her RETURN the ring
- if it is the bride because she found out her would-be hubby is a "demon in saint costume" then let her KEEP the ring

So basically:

"Heads she gains; tails she does not gain or lose".

Of course that warped logic makes sense to you that is why I specifically mentioned you on the thread.
Re: What Happens To The Engagement Ring? by MrBrownJay1(m): 3:16pm On Apr 06, 2018
Sagamite:

So basically:

"Heads she gains; tails she does not gain or lose".

Of course that warped logic makes sense to you that is why I specifically mentioned you on the thread.

ahahaha i know.

you see there are two issues here...

FIRST: who asked whose hand in marriage?!
if that man went by societal standards and decided to ask her hand in marriage (aka offer her marriage proposal),thus GIVING HER a ring as confirmation that they will indeed get married, then let that man take his fair share of the blame for any issue that may arise in the future. he gave that ring on HIS own will, he took a chance on this woman, and if anything, let him blame society if the babe changes her mind and the damn ring aint returned. maybe next time he should give her a free marriage proposal, with no gift (aka strings) attached, and basta!

SECOND: should the woman pay reparations (aka your idea of "losing", right?) if she decides that she aint into this marriage proposal any longer?! the most she can do, if she indeed refuses to marry this man, would be to give the damn ring back. what more are you seeking for?!

but then again, they dont call you Sagamite for nothing...and i guess you want them to be treated equally in this issue when they obviously aint.
Re: What Happens To The Engagement Ring? by Sagamite(m): 3:41pm On Apr 06, 2018
MrBrownJay1:

ahahaha i know.

if that man went by societal standards and decided to ask her hand in marriage (aka offer her marriage proposal),thus GIVING HER a ring as confirmation that they will indeed get married, then let that man take his fair share of the blame for any issue that may arise in the future. he gave that ring on HIS own will, he took a chance on this woman, and if anything, let him blame society if the babe changes her mind and the damn ring aint returned. maybe next time he should give her a free marriage proposal, with no gift (aka strings) attached, and basta!

SECOND: should the woman pay reparations (aka your idea of "losing", right?) if she decides that she aint into this marriage proposal any longer?! the most she can do, if she indeed refuses to marry this man, would be to give the damn ring back. what more are you seeking for?!

but then again, they dont call you Sagamite for nothing...and i guess you want them to be treated equally in this issue when they obviously aint.

This is nonsense!

There is only one issue here.

One person bought the ring. It is not a gift, it is a mere symbolic gesture that emerged in the early 20th century due to a brilliant marketing strategy by De Beers to get more people buying gems by aligning the giving of gems and quality of gems given to the value of a woman.

Brilliant marketing because it directly attacks the insecurity of women and that is one of their greatest weaknesses. "The more fancy your engagement ring the more you are valuable and he loves you". It is also brillaint because it attacks a man's ability to demonstrate his financial prowess. Feeds or destroys their damn ego. Hence motherfuckers are spending as much 1 to 3 months salary on a ring, so it is a very expensive asset.

De Beers obviously got their reward from embedding this tradition into the Western society, and of course it was copied across the world gradually as Western society set the trends on popular culture.

It is a mere traditional, symbolic gesture. It has NOTHING to do with gift!

Gifts are things you give all kinds people. This is something you can only give one kind of person for one specific purpose. It is a SYMBOLIC GESTURE!

My great-grandfather married Iya Mokaila, Iya Elemu, Iya Pelebe, Iya Alamala and Iya Owambe as his wives and he never gave any of them an engagement ring. He was not from an era where he was influenced by western culture while he was working on his farm in Sagamu-ewa!

So cut the crap. It is a mere symbolic gesture that has become a tradition.

As the item is expensive AND not consumable or perishable, when the intended event it was symbolically given for is no more taking place, it should be returned to the person that expended his finances on getting it, so he can get his money back and everyone goes their way.

Both people should find someone else they are happy to marry without losing anything (worse still, with people like you are saying it should only apply to one gender) and they should both end up being in the state they were pre-engagement without gaining anything.

Not "heads she gains, tails she does not gain or lose".

Not "she has power to punish as she deems fit".

This is pure, simple, rudimentary, basic, fundamental, raw logic. Not rocket science! Not even bicycle science.

If is simple as fck! That is what a fair law should be based on like it is in Ireland.

Logic is a very simple thing for me. I am highly talented in it, hence why I can see through bullshits and nonsenses as fast as a space rocket moves.
Re: What Happens To The Engagement Ring? by Sagamite(m): 3:53pm On Apr 06, 2018
MrBrownJay1:

ahahaha i know.

One more simple logic: It should not be the place and responsibility of courts to decide who is at fault for a relationship between a man and a woman ending, their emotional interactions or what emotions they should have.

The courts cannot be there to know what happens and make sound & just judgements OR to understand the emotional dynamics and actions that lead to behaviours. It is purely between the two people and they should decide if the relationship is for them. The courts should stay the fck out of it, otherwise they are getting in a messy situation with "He said, she said" from their respective biases.

You don't fcking get along? Separate and move the fck along. Simple!

As I said: Logic is a very simple thing for me.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Website To Buy Wedding Engagement Rings: Family Making / Wonder Wedding: Day The Blind Played For Deaf And Dumb Couple - Photo / 55-Yr-Old Woman Delivers Twin Baby Boys After Years Of Barrenness- Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.