Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,365 members, 7,781,000 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 07:15 AM

Britain's worst Boxer, Robin Deakin Hangs His Gloves After A 12year Career. - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Britain's worst Boxer, Robin Deakin Hangs His Gloves After A 12year Career. (27207 Views)

Former Arsenal And Barcelona Player Alexandr Hleb Hangs His Boot / #onecarlikeme: Other Goalkeepers Rhyme On As Carl Ikeme Hangs His Gloves / Ronaldo Names The Players He Feels Will Take After Him When He Hangs His Boots (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Britain's worst Boxer, Robin Deakin Hangs His Gloves After A 12year Career. by Nobody: 7:37am On Mar 20, 2018
The guy is smart... Ask me why ?
Re: Britain's worst Boxer, Robin Deakin Hangs His Gloves After A 12year Career. by AFONJAPIG(m): 7:40am On Mar 20, 2018
this guy took thousand of punches for 12yrs... buhari is a cow
Re: Britain's worst Boxer, Robin Deakin Hangs His Gloves After A 12year Career. by fashrola(m): 7:45am On Mar 20, 2018
Homeboiy:
He was making money in losing a fight tongue

Asin eh... Imagine betting millions of dollars on your self to loose a boxing match.... That guy is a smart rich boxer grin
Re: Britain's worst Boxer, Robin Deakin Hangs His Gloves After A 12year Career. by nurunta: 7:46am On Mar 20, 2018
HE tried
Re: Britain's worst Boxer, Robin Deakin Hangs His Gloves After A 12year Career. by enemachris(m): 7:48am On Mar 20, 2018
godfatherx:
What a record!
55 fights, 53 loses, he is still a winner though, he didn't lose 2 fights
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Britain's worst Boxer, Robin Deakin Hangs His Gloves After A 12year Career. by zinaunreal(m): 7:52am On Mar 20, 2018
Someone had to loose
Re: Britain's worst Boxer, Robin Deakin Hangs His Gloves After A 12year Career. by babony1: 7:54am On Mar 20, 2018
I think the guy didn't centre his boxing career on winning but on making money. For someone to lost in 53 out of 55 and still be parading himself as boxer, the guy just focuses on making making aspects.
Re: Britain's worst Boxer, Robin Deakin Hangs His Gloves After A 12year Career. by alfredilly: 7:58am On Mar 20, 2018
When it comes to ranking , someone or something will definitely come last . It is no puzzle. If you withdraw him from the list , his place will be taken by a better fighter with probably 52 win. Continue that trend then successive boxer will join the list until you get to the top . The worst boxer see reason to continue and he is far better than many who could not make it to professional boxing.

1 Like

Re: Britain's worst Boxer, Robin Deakin Hangs His Gloves After A 12year Career. by baddosky1: 7:59am On Mar 20, 2018
fulaniHERDSman:

grin cheesy
He reminds us of buhari abi? grin cheesy

*makes a beeline outta thread* grin

Abeg the guy is far better than buhari. At least he won 2. Buhari has won nothing
Re: Britain's worst Boxer, Robin Deakin Hangs His Gloves After A 12year Career. by moe100(m): 8:05am On Mar 20, 2018
he is worst,but i bet he can knock out anybody here on nairaland
Re: Britain's worst Boxer, Robin Deakin Hangs His Gloves After A 12year Career. by korrej(m): 8:07am On Mar 20, 2018
one good thing about boxing is...you can still make huge amount of money losing...imagine making huge mula by falling in the fifth round just to get that money(better than the winner's paycheck) in your pocket!
Re: Britain's worst Boxer, Robin Deakin Hangs His Gloves After A 12year Career. by ernieboy(m): 8:10am On Mar 20, 2018
Homeboiy:
peeps don't even know that win or lose a boxer makes money.
Re: Britain's worst Boxer, Robin Deakin Hangs His Gloves After A 12year Career. by Gkemz: 8:14am On Mar 20, 2018
That's the wisest decision he ever took. Boxing is just not his calling.
Re: Britain's worst Boxer, Robin Deakin Hangs His Gloves After A 12year Career. by Hardeybohwarley(m): 8:14am On Mar 20, 2018
onomeabuja:

hahahahahahah @op u no get my number, u for tell me say this kind boxer dey this earth nah haba....me too for don go make name & fame frm him head na & u no wetin i for don buy u...,u knw nah...,all this job wen i no get so for bcom history because wetin i for use this man eyes see....in fact british government for write my name for all d four corners of england because i for over beat am no b small....na so oooo
Me sef get that kind wish Na time and money factor.
Re: Britain's worst Boxer, Robin Deakin Hangs His Gloves After A 12year Career. by famousroland(m): 8:17am On Mar 20, 2018
At least he retired with an award, he will always be remembered as the worst Brittish boxer...it's Still an achievement...
Re: Britain's worst Boxer, Robin Deakin Hangs His Gloves After A 12year Career. by kereman1: 8:19am On Mar 20, 2018
Homeboiy:

u will live long for this comment,
it wat most ppl dont understand, for him to hv been a boxer 12yrs doesn't mk him a rookie
Re: Britain's worst Boxer, Robin Deakin Hangs His Gloves After A 12year Career. by BluntTheApostle(m): 8:20am On Mar 20, 2018
dominique:
So nobody could advise him to find something better to do with his life for all those years. Evil people everywhere.

The first photo though grin. I wonder if he had trainers.

I found this thread about his second win in the archives. Talk about making news for the wrong reasons

https://www.nairaland.com/2573661/british-worst-boxer-finally-gets

He was after the money. He was probably a journeyman, everyone's punching bag.

1 Like

Re: Britain's worst Boxer, Robin Deakin Hangs His Gloves After A 12year Career. by ogtavia(m): 8:36am On Mar 20, 2018
you know when they say"if you try and fail..try and try again till you succeed"...I wonder if this is what inspiring him throughout his defeats..

1 Like

Re: Britain's worst Boxer, Robin Deakin Hangs His Gloves After A 12year Career. by Mac2016(m): 8:40am On Mar 20, 2018
that guy fit commit suicide..why label him.
Re: Britain's worst Boxer, Robin Deakin Hangs His Gloves After A 12year Career. by godofuck231: 8:42am On Mar 20, 2018
abejide1000:
He's better than Buhari in many ways
f#cker lol grin
Re: Britain's worst Boxer, Robin Deakin Hangs His Gloves After A 12year Career. by godofuck231: 8:45am On Mar 20, 2018
My grand mother for beat am like snake sef, em no see road make e de sweep, at least he would have been more respected
Re: Britain's worst Boxer, Robin Deakin Hangs His Gloves After A 12year Career. by yemi15(m): 8:48am On Mar 20, 2018
sbm060:
Chai ? i never expected this.

You Neva experred it Abi?
Re: Britain's worst Boxer, Robin Deakin Hangs His Gloves After A 12year Career. by obaataaokpaewu: 8:49am On Mar 20, 2018
Nwaohafia1:
He just wasted his 12 years of life. What a joke! They couldn't advise him to look for another thing to do?

Well, life fvcks us all.
He was been paid even as he kept losing

1 Like

Re: Britain's worst Boxer, Robin Deakin Hangs His Gloves After A 12year Career. by EKOSuperior(m): 8:52am On Mar 20, 2018
If I get this man. I will beat the hell outta him
Re: Britain's worst Boxer, Robin Deakin Hangs His Gloves After A 12year Career. by zzbrodah: 8:55am On Mar 20, 2018
If you no get money,hide your face

Re: Britain's worst Boxer, Robin Deakin Hangs His Gloves After A 12year Career. by Nobody: 9:13am On Mar 20, 2018
I jus weak

Re: Britain's worst Boxer, Robin Deakin Hangs His Gloves After A 12year Career. by Spagmoore(m): 9:16am On Mar 20, 2018
Homeboiy:

you are right bro, so far moni they come in either way round. Who Cares?
Re: Britain's worst Boxer, Robin Deakin Hangs His Gloves After A 12year Career. by richiepolymer(m): 9:21am On Mar 20, 2018
He wasn't a failure. At least he won 2 matches. If he won more matches, his trainers will get all the praise. Now nobody is asking who his trainers were?
He tried at all. He gave it shot.
Not attempting a fight at all would have been the failure.

Hardeybohwarley:
Robin Deakin also known as Britain's worst Boxer has hung up his gloves this week after a 12 year, with 55-fight career and 53 of them losses.
Re: Britain's worst Boxer, Robin Deakin Hangs His Gloves After A 12year Career. by ajebuter(f): 9:43am On Mar 20, 2018
55 fights and 53 losses?

This is what is called 'Eran lya' in Yoruba...

grin grin grin
Re: Britain's worst Boxer, Robin Deakin Hangs His Gloves After A 12year Career. by Nobody: 9:48am On Mar 20, 2018
fulaniHERDSman:
can someone pls photoshop our dullardd''s head unto the lazy boxer's body. grin cheesy

they'd fit like hell
My Son My Son, Where Is Thy Joy??
Re: Britain's worst Boxer, Robin Deakin Hangs His Gloves After A 12year Career. by mikeweezy(m): 10:10am On Mar 20, 2018
I cant stop laughing
Re: Britain's worst Boxer, Robin Deakin Hangs His Gloves After A 12year Career. by raph101(m): 10:22am On Mar 20, 2018
the two people he won are worst losers.

he is a losers Hero sha!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

AFCON 2023 Best Player Of Tournament Contenders: Lookman, Haller, Ekong Leads / Funke Oshonaike: 3 Months To My Wedding, My Fiance Was Shot Dead In Nigeria! / John Mikel Obi Returns To Training Ahead Of Clash Against South Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.