Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,253 members, 7,807,859 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:53 PM

46 Senators Sign Up To Back Buhari In Polls Order Battle - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 46 Senators Sign Up To Back Buhari In Polls Order Battle (21380 Views)

49 Senators Sign Against Saraki, Ekweremadu’s Impeachment / Electoral Act: 67 Senators Sign To Override Buhari / If Nigeria Makes The Mistake Of Bringing Back Buhari In 2019 - FFK (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 46 Senators Sign Up To Back Buhari In Polls Order Battle by nairavsdollars(f): 8:26am On Mar 20, 2018
How much were they paid each? Nothing goes for nothing
Re: 46 Senators Sign Up To Back Buhari In Polls Order Battle by dust144(m): 8:26am On Mar 20, 2018
Waiting for the part 2
Re: 46 Senators Sign Up To Back Buhari In Polls Order Battle by osazeeblue01: 8:28am On Mar 20, 2018
Nigerians first before you people personal interests.

If you know have really perform well WHY are you scared of the proposed elections sequence?

Electorate should open their eyes and cast there votes for the better candidates in all elective positions.

May God help us all.
Re: 46 Senators Sign Up To Back Buhari In Polls Order Battle by Nobody: 8:33am On Mar 20, 2018
tesppidd:
Don't be ridiculous.
band wagon effect is a myth which is in the mind of people who refuse to think for themselves.

bandwagon effect indeed, then why didn't the APC win the entire senate and house because of bandwagon effect.
Why didn't the voting pattern change in the country due to bandwagon effect?
The North votes for the APC because their brother is Buhari.
The south voted for pdp because their brother is Jonathan.

Oh you think the senators are doing this to deepen your democracy?

hehehehehehehe

How naive and foolish.
They don't give a hoot about you.

They are only trying to secure their own re-election.

Did you just say that bandwagon effect is a myth in the mind of the people?

Please don't make mockery of your education if at all you have one

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 46 Senators Sign Up To Back Buhari In Polls Order Battle by seguno2: 8:34am On Mar 20, 2018
Islie:
http://thenationonlineng.net/46-senators-sign-back-buhari-polls-order-battle/

Lie lie news from Tinubu newspaper.
Believe it at your own risk and peril.
Re: 46 Senators Sign Up To Back Buhari In Polls Order Battle by Enemyofpeace: 8:43am On Mar 20, 2018
All I know is that buhari must go in 2019
Re: 46 Senators Sign Up To Back Buhari In Polls Order Battle by eevich: 8:48am On Mar 20, 2018
Re: 46 Senators Sign Up To Back Buhari In Polls Order Battle by UDIOK: 8:48am On Mar 20, 2018
orisa37:
They are the 46 Separatists backing Buhari's Process Idea.
Their usual propaganda, if they have up to 46 Sinators why should they be afraid then........For me nothing is wrong with the new arrangement it is only the 46 sinators and Buba cabals that are kicking against it for fear of the unknown......i feel to wrestle down the presidential powers specifically from a tyrants hand is ideal......Wish the National Assembly success on their process to carry out their mandate to overrides presidential veto......NAS is an independent arm of Government that should be resisted from executive maneuvering
Re: 46 Senators Sign Up To Back Buhari In Polls Order Battle by kenodrill: 8:50am On Mar 20, 2018
Abegi who be this Some persons case here is even worse than yours but yet they don't turn out to be legal mendicants...
Re: 46 Senators Sign Up To Back Buhari In Polls Order Battle by maasoap(m): 8:55am On Mar 20, 2018
Esseite:

Please dont be myopic and look at the bigger picture;

Re-ordering of the sequence is better for our democracy, a situation where an unknown party or body may vie for any slot as long as he has the backing of the people.

It would disperse presidential bangwagon effect on other elected offices.

Moreover it is morally just for whom has the most powers to come last as not to have an adulterated effect on the rest.
I don't know why you people always like to swallow whatever politicians feed you hook, line and sinker. We've been having general elections since 1999, when did this Bandwagon Effect start? Was it 1999, 2003, 2007, 2011, or 2015?
Sometimes, you guys need to use your brain. Some people would just come up with trash and you would just accept it to be the fact, just like that.
Are you among the people that will join the bandwagon? Definitely not me, not members of my household. Everyone knows where his/her vote is going.
SS and SE majority votes will be for PDP as usual, North majority votes will be for APC/Buhari while SW votes will be split almost equally no matter which election comes first and last.
Bandwagon effect my as$

4 Likes

Re: 46 Senators Sign Up To Back Buhari In Polls Order Battle by etrange: 8:55am On Mar 20, 2018
Okoroawusa:

Buhari is not afraid of anything or anyone. He is just trying to avoid ppl like u that will cry foul if he quickly agrees with the National Assembly.

tesppidd:

people like you have never asked why the senators are afraid of maintaining the status quo they met in ground.

hypocrite!

If the senators served well would they be afraid of any order?

You guys don't get it. The order of election matters to Buhari as well as everyone else. This is because the outcome of the presidential election heavily influences the outcome of others. If Buhari fails at the national level, it'll be doom for APC at the other levels. Dispite every plan that might have been made, Buhari isn't so sure of himself anymore (this is understandable given the numerous plots to take him out) thus the reason why he wouldn't want to change the order of election.

On the other hand, the new order would serve to ensure elections at other levels are void of external influences.

Good morning.
Re: 46 Senators Sign Up To Back Buhari In Polls Order Battle by jayson87: 8:55am On Mar 20, 2018
Okoroawusa:

So sequence of election determines free n fair election?
Okoro if it doesn't and he doesn't have any skeletons to worry about then he should assent to it. It is that simple

1 Like

Re: 46 Senators Sign Up To Back Buhari In Polls Order Battle by UDIOK: 8:55am On Mar 20, 2018
tesppidd:
and why would it be so important for the senators if they have served well?
It is their constitutional responsibilities to make laws , ok.....the 46 selfish sinators they are talking about are farce and charade we are use to their propaganda

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 46 Senators Sign Up To Back Buhari In Polls Order Battle by SillyMods: 8:57am On Mar 20, 2018
escodotman:
I just don't know why Buhari is scared of having the presidential election coming last. If he's sure he has performed well like his loyalists claim daily, then it shouldn't matter the order which the election comes. Anyway, I knew this write-up is trash the moment it said 10 PDP have agreed to support Buhari's veto
The question should be "why is a change in the election order necessary?"

If it shouldn't matter which comes first, why the need to change it?

Saraki is a snake who wants to arm-twist the president in 2019. He has already failed. grin grin grin

6 Likes

Re: 46 Senators Sign Up To Back Buhari In Polls Order Battle by maasoap(m): 8:57am On Mar 20, 2018
Pepsi101:

Did you just say that bandwagon effect is a myth in the mind of the people?

Please don't make mockery of your education if at all you have one
When was it become real? When was the first time you heard this phrase since 1999. You heard the phrase for the first time in 2018 and it became real just like that! SMH.

2 Likes

Re: 46 Senators Sign Up To Back Buhari In Polls Order Battle by rayornb(m): 8:58am On Mar 20, 2018
Homeboiy:
46 out of how many?

He has failed

Young man, he only need 36 to prevent the override.

6 Likes

Re: 46 Senators Sign Up To Back Buhari In Polls Order Battle by maasoap(m): 9:02am On Mar 20, 2018
jayson87:
Okoro if it doesn't and he doesn't have any skeletons to worry about then he should assent to it. It is that simple
Dare him as much as you want, he won't sign it. Simple.
Buhari made one mistake too many. I think he has learnt a bitter lesson with the emergency of Saraki as the senate president. He's now listening as against his previous naivety. If they have what it takes to override his veto, let them override it. Mr president has woken up and he has stopped dancing to their tunes.

5 Likes

Re: 46 Senators Sign Up To Back Buhari In Polls Order Battle by BennyMaiNasara(m): 9:03am On Mar 20, 2018
One significant feature of our democracy is the continuous power struggle among the political elites at the expense of the masses. First year was promises, second accusation, third reelection campaign and forth campaign. so the thing go!
Re: 46 Senators Sign Up To Back Buhari In Polls Order Battle by Okoroawusa: 9:08am On Mar 20, 2018
etrange:

You guys don't get it. The order of election matters to Buhari as well as everyone else. This is because the outcome of the presidential election heavily influences the outcome of others. If Buhari fails at the national level, it'll be doom for APC at the other levels. Dispite every plan that might have been made, Buhari isn't so sure of himself anymore (this is understandable given the numerous plots to take him out) thus the reason why he wouldn't want to change the order of election.

On the other hand, the new order would serve to ensure elections at other levels are void of external influences.

Good morning.
Sir,as long as Nigeria election is concern no election is sure unless u r planning to rig(even that is not sure any more. You can ask Jonathan).
The National Assembly are doing this because they love you?
Politics is all about interest and that is playing out here from both sides.

BTW,there r three reasons the President rejected the Bill,how come no one is talking about the other two?

6 Likes

Re: 46 Senators Sign Up To Back Buhari In Polls Order Battle by jayson87: 9:08am On Mar 20, 2018
maasoap:

Dare him as much as you want, he won't sign it. Simple.
Buhari made one mistake too many. I think he has learnt a bitter lesson with the emergency of Saraki as the senate president. He's now listening as against his previous naivety. If they have what it takes to override his veto, let them override it. Mr president has woken up and he has stopped dancing to their tunes.
So you want a senate president who will asss-lick the president. If I may ask, do you know what the function of the senate is at all. Nigerians should be thankful for a senate president like Saraki.

If I may ask a redundant question, whom do you think is more for the masses, Buhari or Saraki. Just use your head
Re: 46 Senators Sign Up To Back Buhari In Polls Order Battle by Nobody: 9:08am On Mar 20, 2018
maasoap:

When was it become real? When was the first time you heard this phrase since 1999. You heard the phrase for the first time in 2018 and it became real just like that! SMH.

I'm well schooled,so I've heard it before now.

It will become so real because your president is a bigot(I believe you know the meaning) and an ethnocentric maniac when he makes appointments. Therefore,the people would be cajoled to get into his good books by working for his re-election.
Re: 46 Senators Sign Up To Back Buhari In Polls Order Battle by hassymo5(m): 9:09am On Mar 20, 2018
108-42..OYA CALCULATE
Re: 46 Senators Sign Up To Back Buhari In Polls Order Battle by maestroferddi: 9:11am On Mar 20, 2018
When you see a senseless and false news article you know it must have come from The Nation.

They are trying to justify that Tinubu is making headway in the non-starter assignment given by The Super Clueless One...
Re: 46 Senators Sign Up To Back Buhari In Polls Order Battle by Bestman111(m): 9:27am On Mar 20, 2018
Selfish Nigerian politician s. Mtshwwww
Re: 46 Senators Sign Up To Back Buhari In Polls Order Battle by figment232(m): 9:28am On Mar 20, 2018
I smell lies....Where is the list of the 46 Senators?
Re: 46 Senators Sign Up To Back Buhari In Polls Order Battle by maasoap(m): 9:43am On Mar 20, 2018
jayson87:
So you want a senate president who will asss-lickin the president.

No. I want a senate that will work with the president for the progress of the nation. Not a senate under Saraki that all what they have been doing was grandstanding.

If I may ask, do you know what the function of the senate is at all.

To make laws, especially in other countries. But in Nigeria, to execute projects and to flex muscles with the president perpetually.

Nigerians should be thankful for a senate president like Saraki.

No. Only people like you will be thankful because you erroneously believe that antagonism, grandstanding and show of strength is the job of NA.

If I may ask a redundant question, whom do you think is more for the masses, Buhari or Saraki.

Buhari of course. A proposal to give unemployed graduates token on monthly basis just like what is obtainable in abroad was taken to the NA, the senate under your Saraki thrown it out through the window. Buhari launched Npower for the unemployed. Though not perfect, still better than nothing.

Just use your head

3 Likes

Re: 46 Senators Sign Up To Back Buhari In Polls Order Battle by uba1991: 9:43am On Mar 20, 2018
escodotman:
I just don't know why Buhari is scared of having the presidential election coming last. If he's sure he has performed well like his loyalists claim daily, then it shouldn't matter the order which the election comes. Anyway, I knew this write-up is trash the moment it said 10 PDP have agreed to support Buhari's veto
mr pls grow up. why are the senators afraid of following d inec time table. mind u buhari only want d constitution to b obeyed. Buhari ll win even if d election is conducted in d night

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 46 Senators Sign Up To Back Buhari In Polls Order Battle by buhariguy(m): 9:45am On Mar 20, 2018
escodotman:
the way idiotic pigs of Biafra are so dull .it is not buhari that is afraid, it is saraki,dino shehu and co, that are afraid of coming back to the chamber.
What we are saying, let presidential election holds the same day with national assembly, let see if any of the aggrieved apc senators will come back.

3 Likes

Re: 46 Senators Sign Up To Back Buhari In Polls Order Battle by buhariguy(m): 9:58am On Mar 20, 2018
figment232:
I smell lies....Where is the list of the 46 Senators?
and you felt good when dino said they collated 72signatures

4 Likes

Re: 46 Senators Sign Up To Back Buhari In Polls Order Battle by thaoriginator: 10:02am On Mar 20, 2018
bjayx:
All the senators and buhari will be voted out come 2019. God punish them all...
grin Take am easy boss. No vex angry
Re: 46 Senators Sign Up To Back Buhari In Polls Order Battle by izzyboi(m): 10:20am On Mar 20, 2018

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Godwin Okeke (GUO) Escapes Assassination In Onitsha / Yorubas And Niger Delta Oil / Osinbajo And APC Governors Present 75th Birthday Card To Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.