Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,453 members, 7,808,615 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:18 PM

Globacom Denies Sacking Female Staff Due To Marital Status - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Globacom Denies Sacking Female Staff Due To Marital Status (38701 Views)

Sack Of Married Female Staff:Lawyer Establishes Facts Against Globacom,sues N50b / Married Female Staff Of Globacom Refute Claims Of Being Sacked / Adenuga's Globacom Sacks 90 Married Female Staff - LasgidiOnline.com.ng (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Globacom Denies Sacking Female Staff Due To Marital Status by Papiikush: 12:19pm On Mar 20, 2018
Glo has finally released an official statement concerning the controversial news circulating the internet about the sacked female staffs via Twitter.

Globacom has in the recent past let go of employees, both male and female, married and single, due to performance issues. It is not true that this was restricted to married women alone.

The letter in circulation is a forged document. Globacom has not issued any such letter to anyone.

Globacom upholds gender equality irrespective of marital status and promotes equal opportunities for the growth and personal development of all staffs.

https://twitter.com/GloWorld/status/975763325903671298

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Globacom Denies Sacking Female Staff Due To Marital Status by Papiikush: 12:21pm On Mar 20, 2018
Lalasticlala

Re: Globacom Denies Sacking Female Staff Due To Marital Status by Gflat: 12:29pm On Mar 20, 2018
Papiikush:
Lalasticlala

Finally we have a statement from Glo rescind this Hoax from disposed staffs who weren't ready to work.

6 Likes

Re: Globacom Denies Sacking Female Staff Due To Marital Status by shakaragirl: 12:29pm On Mar 20, 2018
Nice one, Glo has spoken. It was not only women affected, now these dumb people causing catastrophe and carrying fake news can find something else to do.

10 Likes

Re: Globacom Denies Sacking Female Staff Due To Marital Status by Papiikush: 12:33pm On Mar 20, 2018
Gflat:

Finally we have a statement from Glo rescind this Hoax from disposed staffs who weren't ready to work.

lazy staffs will always look for something to blame for their misfortune.

shakaragirl:
Nice one, Glo has spoken. It was not only women affected, now these dumb people causing catastrophe and carrying fake news can find something else to do.

When I called the women (from the previous thread) dumb, some nairalanders were trying to have my head for making that statement.

People are always quick to react to news and play the victim card when the affected ones are women. So much for feminism.

27 Likes

Re: Globacom Denies Sacking Female Staff Due To Marital Status by Gflat: 12:36pm On Mar 20, 2018
Papiikush:
lazy staffs will always look for something to blame for their misfortune.

I suspected the whole scenario to be a Hoax the second I saw the so called Sack letter. Look so drained and unofficial

1 Like

Re: Globacom Denies Sacking Female Staff Due To Marital Status by toyosilawal12: 12:36pm On Mar 20, 2018
Finally Glo has spoken up. These people were ready to poison minds about Globacom.

1 Like

Re: Globacom Denies Sacking Female Staff Due To Marital Status by Papiikush: 12:38pm On Mar 20, 2018
Gflat:

I suspected the whole scenario to be a Hoax the second I saw the so called Sack letter. Look so drained and unofficial

Even a bricklayer association wouldn't give such "sack letter" grin

1 Like

Re: Globacom Denies Sacking Female Staff Due To Marital Status by Papiikush: 12:40pm On Mar 20, 2018
toyosilawal12:
Finally Glo has spoken up. These people were ready to poison minds about Globacom.
lol...Where is Lalasticlala, Mynd44.

There is now an official statement to revoke the claims
Re: Globacom Denies Sacking Female Staff Due To Marital Status by funmitalks190: 12:44pm On Mar 20, 2018
I knew it! As soon as I saw the forged letter, I figured it was a hoax. Na wa!!
Re: Globacom Denies Sacking Female Staff Due To Marital Status by Beedoc: 12:49pm On Mar 20, 2018
Ok
Re: Globacom Denies Sacking Female Staff Due To Marital Status by Jaytecq(m): 12:49pm On Mar 20, 2018
Recession at its peak... The only person i blame is .....
Re: Globacom Denies Sacking Female Staff Due To Marital Status by ALAYORMII: 12:49pm On Mar 20, 2018
Nigerians cry for the wrong reasons and wrong persons
Re: Globacom Denies Sacking Female Staff Due To Marital Status by BlackPantherxXx: 12:51pm On Mar 20, 2018
Married or Single , as long as you make yourself indispensable, it would be hard to sack you.

Even if it happens, you would be quickly snapped up by competitors

2 Likes

Re: Globacom Denies Sacking Female Staff Due To Marital Status by Mobsync(m): 12:51pm On Mar 20, 2018
Anyone with common sense should know that the letter was forged.

Even if it was true, what kind of company sacks an employee because she is married and still puts it in writing?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Globacom Denies Sacking Female Staff Due To Marital Status by ct2: 12:51pm On Mar 20, 2018
glo customers service office in kaduna by Ahmadu road is nothing to write home about
Re: Globacom Denies Sacking Female Staff Due To Marital Status by emamos: 12:52pm On Mar 20, 2018
.SLOW with pride

5 Likes

Re: Globacom Denies Sacking Female Staff Due To Marital Status by FarahAideed: 12:53pm On Mar 20, 2018
Ofcourse we knew only lazy good for nothing staff were involved , Glo is not Buhari civil service So if you don't want to work don't work

1 Like

Re: Globacom Denies Sacking Female Staff Due To Marital Status by Nobody: 12:53pm On Mar 20, 2018
MIKE NA MUMU ASWEAR
Re: Globacom Denies Sacking Female Staff Due To Marital Status by judecares1(m): 12:53pm On Mar 20, 2018
u guys should go and upgrade ur network
Re: Globacom Denies Sacking Female Staff Due To Marital Status by yomalex(m): 12:53pm On Mar 20, 2018
ok
Re: Globacom Denies Sacking Female Staff Due To Marital Status by Kezifils(m): 12:53pm On Mar 20, 2018
Denial as expected

4 Likes

Re: Globacom Denies Sacking Female Staff Due To Marital Status by Crocky23: 12:55pm On Mar 20, 2018
Ok
Re: Globacom Denies Sacking Female Staff Due To Marital Status by Wonderboy91: 12:55pm On Mar 20, 2018
nonsense people
Re: Globacom Denies Sacking Female Staff Due To Marital Status by maasoap(m): 12:55pm On Mar 20, 2018
If the letters haven't been given out to the affected employees, Glo should use the opportunity to dump them into the dustbin.
Re: Globacom Denies Sacking Female Staff Due To Marital Status by jaxxy(m): 12:55pm On Mar 20, 2018
Globacoms arrogance is wats making it make all these silly mistakes it's now trying 2 correct

1 Like

Re: Globacom Denies Sacking Female Staff Due To Marital Status by sunbbo(m): 12:55pm On Mar 20, 2018
we don hear......
Re: Globacom Denies Sacking Female Staff Due To Marital Status by Nobody: 12:56pm On Mar 20, 2018
Good
Re: Globacom Denies Sacking Female Staff Due To Marital Status by styless(f): 12:57pm On Mar 20, 2018
Good

Re: Globacom Denies Sacking Female Staff Due To Marital Status by Cynthias(f): 12:57pm On Mar 20, 2018
madness
Re: Globacom Denies Sacking Female Staff Due To Marital Status by jimiabdul: 12:58pm On Mar 20, 2018
Thank you Glo for clearing your name. All the people running their mouths, I hope you've heard that Glo has cleared their name.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Two Female Officers Winged By Nigerian Air Force After Qualifying As Pilots.PICS / IT Professionals' Salary In Nigeria? / Ada Priscilla Nzimiro, First Female Doctor In Igboland

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.