Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,861 members, 7,802,769 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:10 PM

Paper Planes By Vectogray (poetry) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Paper Planes By Vectogray (poetry) (295 Views)

Hello, I Need A Professional Writer That Can Write White Paper / ICO And Coin White Paper Writer Needed Urgently / Paper King (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Paper Planes By Vectogray (poetry) by Vectogray(m): 6:58pm On Mar 20, 2018
PAPER PLANES

Drip, drip, drip...drop
Tears of blood hit the floor
Tick, tick, tick...tock
Time is running out, he heads out he front door.

Father Time all the while never said why so deeply with love Mother Nature cared for Earth's children,
Whose eyes once held a gleam, beneath which Heaven's heart is hidden.
Stars shine, the moon comes out at night.
Sun rises, the kids come out to play.

I want to fly, I want to fly...I heard a boy say. His little heart grew with joy as he set to task.
Maybe a kite will give his gentle heart flight. Perhaps paper planes will give glide his pure soul into the skies.
Alas! Up, up and away his little plane went. A moment of joy, the wind whistled, birds sang, the boy laughed...I smiled.

In that moment I sensed a certain loss. Days like this snatched from memory or so and so I thought
While paying mind to life's obstructions, that was society's plot.
Why did the child make a plane even when he knows it'll fall?

The Lion's strength is pride, his roar soars to the skies.
But you never hear him cry or tell stories of his scars.
The stars shine at night, so find light in darkness.
There's diamonds in the rough, so find beauty in the madness.

These thoughts brought me down to Earth, back to the Mother's love.
Blessings of Father Time I'll use to find me joy.
This time I'll listen to my heartbeat and then write me a song...
Or paper planes I'll fly even if they one day fall.

PAPER PLANES, A poem by David Steven.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian/african Tele Novela Series For Sale / When Our Friends Fail, We Become Sad! / Opportunity For Nigerian Writers: Write For Br

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.