Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,777 members, 7,806,150 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 12:09 PM

Davido And Small Doctor Are Guity Of Copyright Infringement Says King Sunny Ade - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Davido And Small Doctor Are Guity Of Copyright Infringement Says King Sunny Ade (32285 Views)

Blackface Sues Wizkid And Banky W For Copyright Infringement / King Sunny Ade And His 5 Wives (Pictured) / DJ Cuppy: "I Need To Wed In 2018 Before King Sunny Ade Retires". Ade Replies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Davido And Small Doctor Are Guity Of Copyright Infringement Says King Sunny Ade by 10Ebisco: 10:31pm On Mar 20, 2018
Nigerian popular singer and the 30 Billion Gang Boss Davido alongside Small Doctor have been accused of using lyrics without the consent of the original author.

The manager of King Sunny Ade who is identified as Clement Ige has expressed his dissatisfaction towards the action the duo singer did without seeking permission to use KSA lyrics.

Ige has been employed to Sunny Ade for over forty years now and he surely knows what is boss owns.

Speaking at Goldberg’s Ariya Repete Roundtable discourse in Abeokuta, the manager revealed that these young generations are just full of their self.

He said; “They use English language to speak Yoruba. Like the young man who sang ‘makole marale.’ How do you build house before buying a land?” he asked. Many of them don’t give credit to the original composer of the song they adopt. They just sing it without seeking permission. That’s a copyright infringement. It’s not done in developed societies.

Till today, Small Doctor didn’t get our permission before and after singing 'ijó tí m’ojó l’àná, tí wọn n’pariwo, oni nkọ, ola nkọ.' And many of them are guilty of this. The Davido that used Sunny’s lyrics in his song didn’t even get it right and that’s because he didn’t ask for permission.If he did, we would have corrected him. What is ‘Kuluso ewe, agbagba ewe…?' The line is actually ‘Seleru agbo, agbara agbo’. I know because I co-wrote the song!”

It was earlier reported that Davido is not responsible for writing many of his hit track that he only pays to acquire them.

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/03/davido-and-small-doctor-are-guity-of.html

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Davido And Small Doctor Are Guity Of Copyright Infringement Says King Sunny Ade by maxti: 11:32pm On Mar 20, 2018
Ejo sir. E dariji won

123 Likes 1 Share

Re: Davido And Small Doctor Are Guity Of Copyright Infringement Says King Sunny Ade by WebSurfer(m): 12:13am On Mar 21, 2018
Re: Davido And Small Doctor Are Guity Of Copyright Infringement Says King Sunny Ade by lsoul: 3:38am On Mar 21, 2018
cry I'm looking 4 a wify, lonely on bed by dis tym can't sleep

modify: any serious lady should kindly pm me biko

12 Likes

Re: Davido And Small Doctor Are Guity Of Copyright Infringement Says King Sunny Ade by iSage: 3:40am On Mar 21, 2018
Well, it's just some lines to spare. The 'JOROMI' ish that happened some months ago wasn't even tangible

9 Likes

Re: Davido And Small Doctor Are Guity Of Copyright Infringement Says King Sunny Ade by chardino(m): 3:40am On Mar 21, 2018
Ok, noted. I will get back to you

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Davido And Small Doctor Are Guity Of Copyright Infringement Says King Sunny Ade by toxxnoni(m): 3:41am On Mar 21, 2018
Hmnn
Re: Davido And Small Doctor Are Guity Of Copyright Infringement Says King Sunny Ade by Whobedatte(m): 3:42am On Mar 21, 2018
Watch as some will start insulting this man
Copyright laws are mild here if not some artists would have paid heavily for infringement s

82 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Davido And Small Doctor Are Guity Of Copyright Infringement Says King Sunny Ade by lookatew: 3:43am On Mar 21, 2018
We don't expect anything more 4rm our present generation musicians. We celebrate mediocrity.

They are not intelligent enough to write anything so what do you expect.

We're perfectly okay with "ein ein ein... ti gen gen rigen rigen... regen regen regen..."

I spit on dis generation 4 always settling 4 mediocrity at its peak... tueh!

132 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Davido And Small Doctor Are Guity Of Copyright Infringement Says King Sunny Ade by mamaafrik(m): 3:45am On Mar 21, 2018
silly Ncc,koye kama gbegboole dari obe koja tori oje obe araale eni

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Davido And Small Doctor Are Guity Of Copyright Infringement Says King Sunny Ade by Nobody: 3:45am On Mar 21, 2018
Old man go n sleep.
If your career is fast moving 10000mph backwards, tell us let help u.

Besides,
Buhari d bubu is a fool

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Davido And Small Doctor Are Guity Of Copyright Infringement Says King Sunny Ade by wayaa007(m): 3:45am On Mar 21, 2018
Misleading topic. Should be KSA’S Manager says...

32 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Davido And Small Doctor Are Guity Of Copyright Infringement Says King Sunny Ade by tete7000(m): 3:45am On Mar 21, 2018
The boys that are most times under the influence of drugs. I am disappointed anyone expects them to make sense. Do they themselves know what they are even saying? I doubt. People buy their beats, not the lyrics. Many in this young generation don't even bother to speak sensibly by the way.

39 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Davido And Small Doctor Are Guity Of Copyright Infringement Says King Sunny Ade by semasir: 3:45am On Mar 21, 2018
Okay
Re: Davido And Small Doctor Are Guity Of Copyright Infringement Says King Sunny Ade by NwaJozi: 3:48am On Mar 21, 2018
True!

1 Like

Re: Davido And Small Doctor Are Guity Of Copyright Infringement Says King Sunny Ade by oyetunder(m): 3:49am On Mar 21, 2018
chai
Re: Davido And Small Doctor Are Guity Of Copyright Infringement Says King Sunny Ade by kajsa08: 3:51am On Mar 21, 2018
they sha want to trend.
Re: Davido And Small Doctor Are Guity Of Copyright Infringement Says King Sunny Ade by generaliy: 3:51am On Mar 21, 2018
"What is ‘Kuluso ewe, agbagba ewe…?' The line is actually ‘Seleru agbo, agbara agbo’. I know because I co-wrote the song!”

LOL, I actually laughed at such misfortune done to the beautiful Yoruba language, I wonder where he got kuluso ewe from.

However, "Seleru ago, agbara agbo" is NOT a term coined by KSA, it is a core Yoruba proverb (Or saying), hence, no one can actually lay claim to it, it's unlike "things fall apart", clearly coined by an author, 50cent paid for its use at a time.

Small Doctor is guilty as charged

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Davido And Small Doctor Are Guity Of Copyright Infringement Says King Sunny Ade by Nobody: 3:53am On Mar 21, 2018
Ok.. we yaff hear

Re: Davido And Small Doctor Are Guity Of Copyright Infringement Says King Sunny Ade by Spuggie: 3:54am On Mar 21, 2018
Haha
Re: Davido And Small Doctor Are Guity Of Copyright Infringement Says King Sunny Ade by Nobody: 3:54am On Mar 21, 2018
jboy73:
Old man go n sleep.

Besides,
Buhari d bubu is a fool
I wish you quick recovery

83 Likes 1 Share

Re: Davido And Small Doctor Are Guity Of Copyright Infringement Says King Sunny Ade by Noel1351: 4:01am On Mar 21, 2018
Davido and small doctor

Where are ur lawyers
grin
Re: Davido And Small Doctor Are Guity Of Copyright Infringement Says King Sunny Ade by MrRhymes101(m): 4:09am On Mar 21, 2018
What is wrong is wrong. However, baba na baba so he should leave them... Wedding MC

3 Likes

Re: Davido And Small Doctor Are Guity Of Copyright Infringement Says King Sunny Ade by darocha1: 4:11am On Mar 21, 2018
kung of sounds..
Re: Davido And Small Doctor Are Guity Of Copyright Infringement Says King Sunny Ade by emmabest2000(m): 4:11am On Mar 21, 2018
He is not far from the truth !

Guess the heartbeat of both of them right now ....

18 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Davido And Small Doctor Are Guity Of Copyright Infringement Says King Sunny Ade by wink2015(m): 4:15am On Mar 21, 2018
Joromi by victor uwaifo (MON) was stolen without copyright settlement by a new Yoruba singer called SIMI.

Send down the rain by Majek Fashek was infringed upon by Timi Dakolo.

But why is SIMI and TIMI good at stealing other peoples work?

SIMI and TIMI are just namesake in copyright infringement.

These copyright violator just chip in the words stylishly without any altar of respect for the original owner of the works.

I think this act is a kind of advanced piracy.

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Davido And Small Doctor Are Guity Of Copyright Infringement Says King Sunny Ade by omoadeleye(m): 4:21am On Mar 21, 2018
tell dem, them dont know
Re: Davido And Small Doctor Are Guity Of Copyright Infringement Says King Sunny Ade by Nutase: 4:27am On Mar 21, 2018
shocked
Re: Davido And Small Doctor Are Guity Of Copyright Infringement Says King Sunny Ade by debolayinka(m): 4:29am On Mar 21, 2018
jboy73:
Old man go n sleep.

Besides,
Buhari d bubu is a fool

You think KSA is like your mediocres, his career has been glowing even before you were born.

61 Likes 1 Share

Re: Davido And Small Doctor Are Guity Of Copyright Infringement Says King Sunny Ade by LesbianBoy(m): 4:30am On Mar 21, 2018
Una no dey sleep for this nairaland.
Re: Davido And Small Doctor Are Guity Of Copyright Infringement Says King Sunny Ade by Sweetcollins: 4:32am On Mar 21, 2018
Oga, if his lyrics is not same as yours as you rightly pointed, then he owes you no apology

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Tboss And Her Sister Laugh Off Speculations That She Is Pregnant for Uti / Beautiful Photo Of Sinach & Her Mum / Yung6ix: "My Girlfriend Billed Me N700k For Her Hair"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.