Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,993 members, 7,803,295 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:17 PM

Lethal Matrimony - Literature (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Lethal Matrimony (89513 Views)

Deadly Matrimony [Romance❤] / Matrimony Of Secrets / Wilting Matrimony #2/matrimonyseries/ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lethal Matrimony by Nobody: 11:13am On Apr 23, 2018
Giannaaaaaa:
kiss kiss kiss kiss Thank you ma
lol, am not yet a Ma abeg, am still a girl ooo grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Lethal Matrimony by bimberry1307(f): 11:43am On Apr 23, 2018
Eh! This matrimony is seriously lethal.

1 Like

Re: Lethal Matrimony by aprilwise(m): 11:45am On Apr 23, 2018
u are doing a good job.
Re: Lethal Matrimony by Whyke141: 12:15pm On Apr 23, 2018
Does poverty really exist in circles?

An average African is faced with the pangs of poverty, & tries absconding all through his life span but to no avail, thus passing it on to his offspring, creating the chain - the circle.

Yes! Poverty exists in circles. & Yes! Its circles are wide. How then do we find freedom from this circle? By building a barricade round our cavities or by working hard so as not be termed lazy by individuals who didn't fight the war against poverty? How exactly.

Peradventure we fail to win the battle, how do we create another route for our offsprings? Could any be created? No... This is poverty. And it enjoys expanding its circles from fathers to sons and grandsons...

Poet Karn breaks through our garment of curiosity again as he speaks on the CIRCLE OF POVERTY. You won't want to miss this Brain work. This is raw poetry with an African touch, from the nib of an African pen.

Enjoy!!!���
http://www.whykeanthology.com/2018/04/povertys-circle.html
•••
•••
"...Poverty is just a name to us,
Germinating from father to children,
Children to grand children,
In & out, on we go
Singing the anthem..."
{Exerpt From Poverty's Circle}.

Proudly Whyke.

1 Like

Re: Lethal Matrimony by Saintmary(f): 12:19pm On Apr 23, 2018
Whyke141:

An average African is faced with the pangs of poverty, & tries absconding all through his life span but to no avail, thus passing it on to his offspring, creating the chain - the circle.

Yes! Poverty exists in circles. & Yes! Its circles are wide. How then do we find freedom from this circle? By building a barricade round our cavities or by working hard so as not be termed lazy by individuals who didn't fight the war against poverty? How exactly.

Peradventure we fail to win the battle, how do we create another route for our offsprings? Could any be created? No... This is poverty. And it enjoys expanding its circles from fathers to sons and grandsons...

Poet Karn breaks through our garment of curiosity again as he speaks on the CIRCLE OF POVERTY. You won't want to miss this Brain work. This is raw poetry with an African touch, from the nib of an African pen.

Enjoy!!!���
•••
•••
In & out, on we go
Singing the anthem..."

Proudly Whyke.
Stick to your own thread. Stop trying to steal other people's shine.

2 Likes

Re: Lethal Matrimony by Giannaaaaaa: 2:40pm On Apr 23, 2018
smiley smiley wink Thank you
Saintmary:

Stick to your own thread. Stop trying to steal other people's shine.
Re: Lethal Matrimony by Giannaaaaaa: 2:42pm On Apr 23, 2018
RICHARD

"I cooked you dinner , I hope you're still a fan of my jollof rice" Idara said nervously. Richard nodded and sat down on one of the chairs.
"You don't look fine, what's wrong?" Idara asked concerned.
"I'm fine, just not been able to sleep for a while" Richard responded. Idara placed a plate of jollof rice and chicken in front of him.
"Why don't you sleep here tonight, maybe you'll be able to sleep properly" Idara suggested her hand covered his.

"That wouldn't be right Idara, I don't want to take advantage of your generosity" Richard said picking up a spoon.

It's not generosity, Idara wanted to tell him but she said nothing. She's give him time to mourn his child, she'd be with him through out. He'd fall back in love with her, she decided watching him.

It was probably wrong for her to join forces with Nene and her parents to tell Richard that his child was dead, but that was the only way to get Nene out of Richard's life for good. Nene had assured her that when she had the baby, she would leave the country for good.

"Richard stop thinking about it, you will have other children" Idara said. "It's not your fault, Nene's parents should have thought of a better way to break the news to her" Idara said. "I don't think you understand, if I had been home she wouldn't have touched a drop of alcohol. I left Nene get to me, through out our marriage I always found one way or the other to avoid her" Richard said.
"She was a terrible wife, you were unhappy in a terrible married" Idara consoled him.
"She was, but these days I keep thinking. Maybe if I hadn't avoided her so much or incite the little fights she picked up with me our marriage might have worked out fine"

Richard picked up his wine glass. He contemplated downing the whole liquid in one gulp going for another but then he remembered it was alcohol that had gotten him into his first mistake. He didn't want the same mistake with Idara.
"It wouldn't have" Idara countered. "I know women like Nene, she wouldn't have been satisfied no matter what you'd done" Idara said. She wanted him to stop talking about Nene, she wished he'd stop thinking about his previous marriage.

"The wine is good Richie, bottoms up" Idara said. Richard shrugged and took a sip.
"We never really got to celebrate your divorce" Idara smiled but Richard didn't smile back. "My baby died, what's there to celebrate?" he asked Idara.

"You need to get over it, I can help you" Idara got up from her seat and went to sit beside him. "How do you intend to help me? " Richard asked.
"Well... Most times a man needs another woman to get over one" Idara said. "Idara...stop it. I'd hate to compromise our friendship" Richard said. "We were dating before Nene came along, you were going to marry me. Have you forgotten so quickly, let's pick up from where we left off" Idara brought her face closer to his. Richard wanted to protest but Idara was having none of it "Sssh, don't think about Nene or the baby. Think about me" she pressed her lips to Richard's.
"Think about us, we could date again. We could have the life we both wanted again" Idara said.
What life had he wanted, and what did he want now? Richard wondered.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lethal Matrimony by Ibunkun1(m): 3:45pm On Apr 23, 2018
I Feel Nene And Richard Can Still Reconcile,welldone Ma'am

1 Like

Re: Lethal Matrimony by Nobody: 4:22pm On Apr 23, 2018
#RichardandNene.

Following.

5 Likes

Re: Lethal Matrimony by skubido(m): 4:25pm On Apr 23, 2018
Tanks a lot for the update

1 Like

Re: Lethal Matrimony by labelle123(f): 4:48pm On Apr 23, 2018
Whyke141:

Enjoy!!!���
•••
•••
In & out, on we go
Singing the anthem..."

Proudly Whyke.
Watin concern this ur post with this sweet story .
I thought it was an update

2 Likes

Re: Lethal Matrimony by labelle123(f): 4:49pm On Apr 23, 2018
Thanks for the update ma'am always making my day

1 Like

Re: Lethal Matrimony by Giannaaaaaa: 5:41pm On Apr 23, 2018
EIGHT

CASSIE

"I'm surprised you came to see me. I thought You and Dara wanted nothing to do with me again" Nene grumbled.
Cassie watched her friend play with a baby rattler. Ever since Dele had told her that she might be carrying his child or Tobi's she'd been nervous, she could easily take a pregnancy test at home now but she didn't. She preferred to be in denial, she also hoped she wasn't pregnant.
Carrying Dele's child would be a disaster and Tobi's? If she had a male child for Tobi they'd sign her child up into the family cult. She didn't want that, she didn't care if they didn't kill people it seemed diabolic to her and she didn't want that.
"We didn't abandon you, we were just mad" Cassie said.
"Oh you mad right? When Richard said he was going to take full custody of my child you people were in full support, but you two are mad at me because I decided to keep my baby to myself" Nene frowned thinking her friends were very unfair. Some friends they were, they never supported anything she did. Especially Dara, Dara always found a way to criticize everything she did.
"You told him you had a miscarriage that's different. How can we support that, do you know how Richard is feeling now?" Cassie asked.
"He'll get over it" Nene said not willing to admit her mistake. He was the one who decided to divorce her in the first place, the nerve of that man.
Cassie shook her head and looked around the nursery. "Nice decor" she said, she felt nauseous just looking at baby things. She didn't want one, not anytime soon.

"I did the decorations and painting myself, not totally useless you see" Nene grinned looking around the room too. "Really" Cassie smiled. Nene had been a terrible wife but there was no doubt she would make a good mother. "Yes, you know I took a creative class while I was in Paris. It's not that hard you know" Nene smiled faintly.

"Have you thought of names?" Cassie asked. "No, not yet. I don't know if I'm having a boy or a girl yet. I don't want to know till the baby's birth, I have no name in mind" Nene replied. "Did Richard have any while you two were together?" Cassie asked. "He didn't" Nene lied, she remembered the book where Richard had written down boy names and girl names.

"I'll think of a name" Nene said putting down the rattler. She noticed her friend looked pale "Are you okay?" she asked concerned. "I'm good, Dara has been having issues. I should get going, I want to stop by the hospital to check on her" Cassie quickly changed the topic. "The hospital, is she okay?" Nene asked.

"Not really, her mother in law is terribly ill. I'll tell her you send your greetings though, Nene?" Cassie turned to her friend.
Nene looked at her. "Oh my God, you've been living here alone haven't you?" Cassie asked.
"Temporary, my parents travelled out for business. I couldn't travel with them because I'm due soon, they'll be back soon. I'm fine" Nene said faking a smile.

She didn't want to tell anyone that her father was too busy expanding his business in the US and her mother was in China too for a project. She wasn't sure if they were coming back soon, she also didn't want to tell Cassie that she didn't feel safe being alone in the house especially since her due date was near. "I'm fine, go, go. Say hi to Tobi for me also" Nene smiled.

"I hope you change your mind and tell Richard the truth. He'd take care of you Nene, I hate that you're alone in this big house" Cassie said. "There's a maid, the gate man and the driver. I'm fine!" Nene said. "It's not like Richard was always available when we were married, I'm not changing my mind" Nene rolled her eyes.
"Okay, take care. I'll come see you tomorrow" Cassie said. "Bye" Nene looked away from her friend. "On a second thought, let me use the bathroom before I leave" Cassie said. "You know where it is" Nene muttered picking up the baby rattler.

Cassie walked into the bathroom and took down her jeans. She pulled down her underwear, if she hadn't been wearing white cotton pants she wouldn't have noticed the red spotting.
She sighed in relief despite the cramps she was feeling. Her period was here, finally!

5 Likes

Re: Lethal Matrimony by Giannaaaaaa: 6:33pm On Apr 23, 2018
DARA

Obinna glared openly at Dara, "You better start talking" he said. Dara looked at Jidenna and Obinna confused. "Obinna what are you talking about?" she asked her brother in law. "You tell me, mama, Ada and now Olanna. Everyone is suddenly falling ill" He glared harder. Dara saw Jidenna's eyes flick to her direction briefly .

"What has that got to do with me?" she asked hoping he was not trying to suggest that she was responsible for the Illness affecting the family. "If all the females in the house are falling sick then why are you still standing here. It's been three days and nothing has happened to you" Obinna yelled. Dara looked at him open mouthed and turned to Jidenna, but he still said nothing.

"Jidenna, are you listening to your brother?" she asked. He remained silent, his expression hardening. "I've been waiting for you to slump or develop something, come to think of it you've never liked Ada or mama around. I don't know what Ola did you but you probably decided this was the best way to get rid of them. Why are you even here? pretending like you care. You should be in the house gloating, you wanted them out of the house and you've gotten your wish haven't you. Witch" Obinna said venomously.

"Obi that's enough!" Jidenna cautioned.
"No, let him. He's been going on for a while now and you said nothing about it. You let him insult me, why are you stopping him now?" Dara asked hurt. She couldn't believe that Jidenna wouldn't defend her against those accusations.

"What did you do to my mother and my sisters?" Obinna asked. Dara swallowed the huge bile in her throat and looked away tears in her eyes.
She'd been at the hospital all along almost going insane with worry, it hurt that even her own husband would suspect that she had something to do with his mother's illness.
"Things are going to get really hot for you if you don't start talking, I give you twenty four hours" Obinna said.
"Jidenna...do you really think I'd do something to hurt your family?" she asked.
"What do you want me to think?" he asked coldly. Dara's heart sank at the statement.

"What kind of woman do you think you married?" She asked him. "Not now Dara" Jidenna warned. "No, talk to me. You think I'd hurt your family" She said in disbelief.
"I said not now Dara, fücking shut up and let me think!" Jidenna snapped. "Fine, let me tell you Jidenna. When this mess clears up and my name is cleared, you no longer have a wife. I would trust you with my life but you do the same" Dara shook her head in disbelief before moving far away from where he was.

The doctor showed up later and asked three of them to come into the office.
Jidenna and his brother walked in front while Dara walked to the office at a slower pace.

"We've ran every test Mr Okolie, we can't seem to find what's wrong with your mum and sister. What I'm going to tell you is highly unprofessional but I'm a Nigerian and I believe in traditional powers too. Mr Okolie what ever that is wrong with your mother must be spiritual, you should consider seeing a pastor or traditionalist. Keeping them here won't help them" The doctor said.
Obinna turned to Dara "I said it, I knew you had something to do with this" He accused. The doctor's eyes widened.
"Obinna stop it this instant, we would resolve whatever the problem is at home" Jidenna said harshly.
He turned to Dara coldly "Let's go home, we need to talk" his voice was like ice. Dara had a feeling the talk at home would do nothing but hurt her the more.

How ironic, it was Adanna's husband who had stood up for her.
The entire Okolie family pointed accusing fingers at her.
"Mazi Uchendu, Dara wouldn't do these things. I suggest we consult a traditionalist first, let's all travel to the village and find out what's wrong" Emeka suggested. Dara clutched onto her handkerchief and sobbed, she felt like shark bait and everyone around her were sharks.

"I warned my nephew not to marry a Yoruba woman, he didn't listen. Just look at her shedding crocodile tears, wicked witch" Jidenna's aunt Chinyere hissed.
"We will all travel to the village except for Obinna and Chinyere here. You two will keep an eye on her and make sure she doesn't run away. If she is responsible then she must face the consequences of her action. Case closed for now" Mazi Uchendu said.

Emeka shook his head and patted her back comfortingly. "If you know how to pray Dara, pray. This people can be ruthless, I will try my best to help you. I know you're innocent, you're a good woman" Emeka said after the rest of the family had left.
"Even Jidenna thinks I'm guilty" Dara sobbed.
"He's just being manipulated. He cares too much for his family to see the truth. Call your family Dara, you might also need their help" Emeka advised.
If there was anyone to suspect, he suspected his own wife. He suspected his mother in-law. Was it possible that they had tried to hurt Dara and it backfired but how did Olanna come into this. She was innocent. Emeka decided he had to look for help privately, Dara was Innocent. He couldn't let her take the blame, what surprised him the most was that Jidenna actually believed his wife had done something so vile and terrible. Did he even know his wife at all?

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lethal Matrimony by Nobody: 8:24pm On Apr 23, 2018
I pray this works out fine.

Let Dara divorce Jidenna, i don't like him at all.

Nice update Gianaaaa

7 Likes

Re: Lethal Matrimony by Saintmary(f): 9:07pm On Apr 23, 2018
Giannaaaaaa:
smiley smiley wink Thank you
You're welcome
Re: Lethal Matrimony by Saintmary(f): 9:25pm On Apr 23, 2018
Wow. Plot unfolding....... my fingers are crossed. Weldone lady Gianaaaaaa

1 Like

Re: Lethal Matrimony by Kaycee9242(m): 7:22am On Apr 24, 2018
Op well done, u are really exceptional for u to be weting abt dese 3 families without confusing ur readers u too much
Re: Lethal Matrimony by skubido(m): 8:29am On Apr 24, 2018
Dis jidenna is a big fool. D guy no worth to b called husband., dara shld b strong d storm we soon over..

No Mata what e suppose not allow im brother dey yab dara like dat. Rubbish

Tanks a lot 4d update boss. God bless
Re: Lethal Matrimony by marvin905(m): 9:20am On Apr 24, 2018
i feel like punching this fool called jidenna

2 Likes

Re: Lethal Matrimony by FortunateB(f): 3:20pm On Apr 24, 2018
I feel Dara's pain, her own husband could not stand by her.

I know when the truth is out she has no option than to forgive him
Re: Lethal Matrimony by itsandi(m): 5:16pm On Apr 24, 2018
Interesting update smiley Enjoy other interesting stories on Tushstories via

www.tushstories.com

#Read!
Re: Lethal Matrimony by Saintmary(f): 9:07pm On Apr 24, 2018
itsandi:
Interesting update smiley Enjoy other interesting stories on Tushstories via

www.tushstories.com

#Read!
Predators
Re: Lethal Matrimony by Saintmary(f): 9:12pm On Apr 24, 2018
I'm following this story. I hope the characters sheathe their swords, but who will go first? Fingers crossed.
Re: Lethal Matrimony by IAmXcessiz(m): 6:04pm On Apr 25, 2018
chivera018:
I pray this works out fine.

Let Dara divorce Jidenna, i don't like him at all.

Nice update Gianaaaa

Seconded
Re: Lethal Matrimony by Nobody: 7:56pm On Apr 25, 2018
MORE!!
Re: Lethal Matrimony by nikz(f): 8:01pm On Apr 25, 2018
This is what goes on in some families and to think you said you're an amateur writer? Na ure good girl! Keep it up!
Re: Lethal Matrimony by skubido(m): 11:52am On Apr 26, 2018
Plz comma update. Tanks
Re: Lethal Matrimony by Nobody: 5:59pm On Apr 26, 2018
Giannaaaaaa I hope all is well ?

4 Likes

Re: Lethal Matrimony by Kormforth: 10:39am On Apr 27, 2018
good job op
Re: Lethal Matrimony by Giannaaaaaa: 2:59pm On Apr 27, 2018
CASSIE

Cassie looked at how pale Dara had grown within the past few weeks.
"You told me it was nothing serious" Cassie frowned.
"It's not, everything is fine Cassie. We're handling it" Dara replied.
"Handling what exactly? Just look at you for the love of God!" Cassie shouted.

"Who was that woman that was yelling obscenities when I entered the house?" Cassie demanded.
"That's Jidenna aunt, just ignore her" Dara said.
Cassie shook her head in disbelief, Dara was being tight lipped as usual. She suspected something more was going down.
"I'm not leaving this house without you, marriage is not by force. Why is letting his family treat you so badly?" Cassie asked.

The buxom woman came downstairs again a haughty look on her face.
"Witch, you have brought your fellow witch here. My nephew is coming back and by the time he gets back, you will tell them exactly what you did to his mother and sisters. If you don't talk, I personally will kill you" the woman said.
Cassie narrowed her eyes at the woman, 'did she just call her and Dara a witch?' She wondered.

She turned back to Dara "Hey, Dara. What's going on here? Talk to me" Cassie said.
Dara sighed and buried her head in her hand.
"If you don't talk, wo, emi yoo lọ si Ibadan ki o sọ fun awọn obi rẹ pe awọn ọkọ rẹ fẹ lati pa ọ ni Lagos. What sort of nonsense is this?" Cassie asked in a raised voice.

"It hasn't gotten to that, there's no need to call my parents. You know how Jidenna's family behave, ignore her" Dara shrugged.

"Dara, talk to me. Talk to me this instant, you think I'm joking about going to Ibadan to call your parents" Cassie said.

"Cassandra, please just stop! Jidenna's mother and sisters are in the hospital. They came down with something beyond medical knowledge. Jidenna and his family thinks it's spiritual, his aunt is just here to watch over the house" Dara said.

Cassie who knew how to put two and two together to get ten turned to Dara and gasped. "Your husband thinks you're responsible for their condition" Cassie said.

"Don't be ridiculous" Dara frowned.

"Do you think I'm stupid Cassie, why would that woman say such if they don't think you're responsible?" Cassie asked.

"Forget it, you don't look well Cassie. Have you seen a doctor?" Dara asked changing the topic.

Cassie hissed, just last week she thought she'd gotten her period. Turns out that the spotting wasn't her period, she knew she should go to the doctor for a check up but she dreaded it.

She didn't want to find out she was pregnant, she suspected it but she preferred to be in denial.

"Don't change the topic" Cassie hissed.
"I'm not trying to, I'm just concerned" Dara said.

Cassie was about to speak when she heard the horn of a car. She saw how Dara paled instantly and gripped her dress.

'Thank God I'm here for her today' Cassie thought, she could only imagine what Dara had been going through.

Both sat and waited for his family to come into the house.
Obinna rushed in first and quickly headed towards the duo.

"What did you do with mother?" He shouted. He didn't wait for her to reply before pulling her by the arm.

Cassie got up instantly "What do you think you're doing?" she asked Obinna.

Jidenna and an older man walked in next, before the buxom aunt came out to the sitting room.

"Obinna, my son. No need for that" The older man said.

"Leave him let him deal with her, witch. You think you can get away with ruining my sister and my nieces?" The woman said angrily.

"Jidenna are you going to stand there and watch your family tear your wife apart? You are a shameless man, the worst kind of husband that's what you are" Cassie spat angrily before turning to Dara.

"We're leaving, and I swear to God who made who made me if any of you try to stop us from leaving this house you'll be sleeping in a cell tonight" Cassie hissed before pulling her friend away.

If Dara didn't know how to make decisions, then she'll make decisions for Dara

8 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply)

The Devil In The Suit / Who Knows The Story Of Medusa? (picture) / Love Story Of A Unilag Babe And Bus Conductor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.